Aleix Vidal

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Aleix Vidal Empty Aleix Vidal

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:04 am

Aleix Vidal E14e9f9cfdf1601699df67871ac31dfc

From SPORT: Done deal! Versatile wide man Aleix Vidal has signed for Barcelona from Sevilla
The Spaniard can play anwhere on the right flank, as a winger or a full-back and has a five-year deal.

Barca will pay Sevilla 10 million euros and there will be no add ons.


Several media confirm Barcelona plan to annoucne the transfer of Sevilla player Aleix Vidal (25) before the elections are called next week (could be even today or tomorrow).

Thoughts?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 14492
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Aleix Vidal Empty Re: Aleix Vidal

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:07 am

I just read that the transfer will be immediate but he will get to join the first team only in January 2016 and till then will only be training and playing in friendlies. Would it have been better to let him play till the end of 2015 at Sevilla?


messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 42

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Aleix Vidal Empty Re: Aleix Vidal

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:12 am

Not sure. He'll have more time to make friends and learn the philosophy etc. so I think it's better he trains with us in that period.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 14492
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Aleix Vidal Empty Re: Aleix Vidal

Post by Donuts Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:15 am

would be great if we ad a clause or something that doesn't get him signed up for the champions league for sevilla.. so we can register him in january.
but that sounds unlikely.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel
Posts : 5710
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Aleix Vidal Empty Re: Aleix Vidal

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:27 pm

Barcelona will on Wednesday announce the transfer of Sevilla right wing player Aleix Vidal (25) for a transfer fee of 18M. [onda cero]
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 14492
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Aleix Vidal Empty Re: Aleix Vidal

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:43 pm

Luis Enrique asked to sign Sevilla player Aleix Vidal (25), to replace Alves. He can play from January on. Deal to be announced soon. [tv3]

Great choice, Lucho. Doing the right moves, only forward. Molenation

Sevilla preferred the transfer of right wing player Aleix Vidal (25) to be made official after 1 July, because of tax reasons [el desmarque]
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 14492
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Aleix Vidal Empty Re: Aleix Vidal

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:58 pm

Barcelona announce that Sevilla right wing player Aleix Vidal (25) will tomorrow at 13:00 be presented as new Barcelona player [via tv3]
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 14492
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Aleix Vidal Empty Re: Aleix Vidal

Post by futbol Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:01 pm

Well, welcome. I have no idea about his defensive cababilities but at worst he can be a depth signing for the forward line I guess.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 11218
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Aleix Vidal Empty Re: Aleix Vidal

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:11 pm

I will say I am confident that it is better he stays with us and trains every day before playing matches. Dont think he would be ready to go from playing on the wing to Sevilla to defending the best left wingers in the world so suddenly.

He will need the time do understanding his role and improve his level. I am sure technically he will devolp in those months so thats good.

Replace Alves though? Not a good decision on the face of it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19244
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Aleix Vidal Empty Re: Aleix Vidal

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:11 pm

Transfer fee of Sevilla player Aleix Vidal (25) will be 18M plus 4M incentives (2M based on performance player, 2M on team performance) [ed]

He played in La Masia as a kid.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 14492
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Aleix Vidal Empty Re: Aleix Vidal

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:17 pm

That is rather expensive...and im being kind because im still happy about the treble.

If this was a regular Sunday afternoon I would be very critical.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19244
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Aleix Vidal Empty Re: Aleix Vidal

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:19 pm

Don't think it's expensive in this market. 18m is pretty cheap nowadays and I don't think there's a better option for Barca than Vidal atm since RM snatched Danilo.

There have been talks about Darmian or Fabinho but they're not good enough.

Aleix can play RB and RW and is kind of a La Masia product.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 14492
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Aleix Vidal Empty Re: Aleix Vidal

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:23 pm

There is not a better right back than a guy who doesnt really play right back?

Sure mate Rolling Eyes

Darmian and Fabinho arent good enough based on what?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19244
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Aleix Vidal Empty Re: Aleix Vidal

Post by Donuts Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:25 pm

wonder how much the arsenal kid would of costed us in comparison.

also find this transfer a bit odd considering lucho is not commited to us or is being rather vague about it.
hope questions are answered soon.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel
Posts : 5710
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Aleix Vidal Empty Re: Aleix Vidal

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:27 pm

@The Franchise wrote:There is not a better right back than a guy who doesnt really play right back?

Sure mate Rolling Eyes

Darmian and Fabinho arent good enough based on what?

Barca's RB doesn't really play right back..... I'd like to see Alves' heat map from yesterday... because I even saw him as a AM behind Suarez...

Never seen Darmian or Fabinho play, heard opinions.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 14492
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Aleix Vidal Empty Re: Aleix Vidal

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:31 pm

Heat map Laughing

That's well and good Alves doesnt have to defend when we have the ball 67% of the time, but the other 33% He has to know what he is doing.

So you never seen them play but your totally convinced they arent good enough?


The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19244
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Aleix Vidal Empty Re: Aleix Vidal

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:33 pm

@The Franchise wrote:Heat map Laughing

That's well and good Alves doesnt have to defend when we have the ball 67% of the time, but the other 33% He has to know what he is doing.

So you never seen them play but your totally convinced they arent good enough?



Why are so sure that Aleix wouldn't know what he is doing? He bossed it at RB in the EL final.

As I said I heard opinions. They're not even convincing in their current teams.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 14492
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Aleix Vidal Empty Re: Aleix Vidal

Post by futbol Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:43 pm

@The Franchise wrote:That is rather expensive...and im being kind because im still happy about the treble.

If this was a regular Sunday afternoon I would be very critical.


True. He joined them for € 3M last summer. He's also only played 2 seasons of first division football and only a couple of games at rightback. The probability that he will flop is actually pretty high.

Only reason I'm not fussed is because I have no expectations for next season anyway (treble hangover without being able to strengthen the squad in the summer window) and because giving money to Sevilla at least strenghtens La Liga. Laughing


Last edited by Fußball on Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 11218
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Aleix Vidal Empty Re: Aleix Vidal

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:43 pm

@The Franchise wrote:There is not a better right back than a guy who doesnt really play right back?

Sure mate Rolling Eyes

Darmian and Fabinho arent good enough based on what?
Darmian doesn't really play RB either if we're going to be fair...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 26778
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Aleix Vidal Empty Re: Aleix Vidal

Post by Jay29 Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:53 pm

He actually struggled against Konoplyanka in the final, as he let him go inside onto his stronger foot repeatedly. Emery actually subbed on Coke after 60 minutes so Vidal could play higher up the pitch again, when the score was 2-2.

He also struggled against Joaquin in the semi-final. He's not a very accomplished defender and that much is evident when he's up against good wingers. He's only played there for tactical reasons, usually to overload that side. Otherwise, he's best games have come at RW. Sevilla brought him to play there, and Del Bosque called him up to the Spain squad to play there.

He's got incredible stamina, good pace and good dribbling, and is especially effective when space opens up on his side. When he's played RB, he has shown he can time his runs well. So from an offensive point of view he'll probably fit you guys quite well, though he's not as good technically as Alves is. Defensively, though, there's an obvious worry. I'd say he's weaker defensive than what Alba was when he first joined you.

There's good deal of risk involved here, especially for €18mil-€20mil. In that sense, maybe the 6 months of not playing may help.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19740
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Aleix Vidal Empty Re: Aleix Vidal

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:55 pm

linetty wrote:
@The Franchise wrote:Heat map Laughing

That's well and good Alves doesnt have to defend when we have the ball 67% of the time, but the other 33% He has to know what he is doing.

So you never seen them play but your totally convinced they arent good enough?



Why are so sure that Aleix wouldn't know what he is doing? He bossed it at RB in the EL final.

As I said I heard opinions. They're not even convincing in their current teams.

Maybe you wil disagree, but I think there is a big difference between Dnipro and Real Madrid, Bayern Munich et al.

I am also not sure he doesnt know what he is doing at right back...but I am more sure guys who I know actually play the position well do know what they are doing. And on top, I dont like the idea of paying 18m+ for a guy who likely doesnt know and may not even be good enough quality.



Last edited by The Franchise on Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19244
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Aleix Vidal Empty Re: Aleix Vidal

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:56 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
@The Franchise wrote:There is not a better right back than a guy who doesnt really play right back?

Sure mate Rolling Eyes

Darmian and Fabinho arent good enough based on what?
Darmian doesn't really play RB either if we're going to be fair...

Its not really about Darmian, that surely isnt the point im making. I dont know if him nor Fabinho are good enough, thats not the point.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19244
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Aleix Vidal Empty Re: Aleix Vidal

Post by billy_gr Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:58 pm

Former Panthrakikos legend cheers
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3453
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Aleix Vidal Empty Re: Aleix Vidal

Post by À bout de souffle Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:19 pm

I'm a bit underwhelmed by the signing.

Any Dani replacement in the current market will always be a downgrade. I just hope it isn't a significant one with this acquisition.
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 220
Join date : 2015-04-25

Back to top Go down

Aleix Vidal Empty Re: Aleix Vidal

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:22 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
@The Franchise wrote:There is not a better right back than a guy who doesnt really play right back?

Sure mate Rolling Eyes

Darmian and Fabinho arent good enough based on what?
Darmian doesn't really play RB either if we're going to be fair...


Transfermarkt show his positions last season mostly as left and right midfielder. Do Torino play a 3 man defense plus wingbacks?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 32632
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Aleix Vidal Empty Re: Aleix Vidal

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum