Kick
futbol
Myesyats
guest_07
ahmad25
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What makes Barcelona so successfull?  - Page 2 Empty Re: What makes Barcelona so successfull?

Post by Robespierre Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:43 pm

I believed Messi was simply a GOAT player.
I realized he is also an excellent coach.

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

What makes Barcelona so successfull?  - Page 2 Empty Re: What makes Barcelona so successfull?

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:09 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
The Franchise wrote:What has money got to do with youth football?

Your not buying 7 year old Xavi to come play for you. Your training a talented boy and teaching him your idea.

Sporting dont need money to churn out talent, Everton and Southampton dont, Shalke dont and the list goes on.

Its knowledgeable people who work hard who make the difference with young players. Not money.

I think he is arguing that without money you can't prevent top teams from raiding your youth academies

Exactly. Messi's annual salary alone probably exceedes the annual budget of some lower table clubs.
The notion that Barca rely that much less on money is a fairytale.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:26 pm

Your not buying 7 year old Xavi to come play for you. Your training a talented boy and teaching him your idea.

Sporting dont need money to churn out talent, Everton and Southampton dont, Shalke dont and the list goes on.

Its knowledgeable people who work hard who make the difference with young players. Not money.

You need money, though, to keep the players you train, otherwise they're going to leave for bigger wages.

But having just money obviously isn't enough, you need to spend it on the right players. And Barcelona have done this. They've brought some excellent players through their youth system and mostly have made good transfers in the market.

Obviously Messi is also a major reason. But even without him, Barcelona simply are very good at building and maintaining the squad, whether it's through the youth system or transfer market.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:30 pm

Btw, can someone tell me when's the last time Barcelona and Real Madrid have lost a player they would have wanted to keep? hmm
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:32 pm

Alves
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:33 pm

the fraudulent actions of Rossell and Bartomeu :coffee:
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:37 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Alves

Is he even leaving?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:39 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Alves

The fans want him to stay but I don't really get the feeling the board does.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:54 pm

Yeah, I'm sure Barcelona could keep him if they really wanted.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:57 pm

Which will end proving a stupid decision as along with the most publicised front 3, Alves and Iniesta are the biggest reasons they have gone from arguing with management to a treble in a few short months.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:02 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Which will end proving a stupid decision as along with the most publicised front 3, Alves and Iniesta are the biggest reasons they have gone from arguing with management to a treble in a few short months.

I'm sure Alves is the best choice for Barcelona for one or two more seasons and the board probably agrees, too. But he's probably holding out for a 4-year contract on big wages and I can understand they might be unwilling to meet that. While someone like PSG could be willing just to get a player of his caliber.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:02 pm

Thiago
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:03 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

I think he is arguing that without money you can't prevent top teams from raiding your youth academies

Barca havent been raided? Really?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:04 pm

If they didn't have a transfer ban I'd might agree, still don't see a better alternative out there tbh but at least you could buy someone.

If they let him go I don't think they'll win the league next year as they'll forced to play players who are not good enough for 6 months which will lead to dropped points.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:51 pm

It's never one thing.

First we have a clear way of playing football which It's the only way we've been able to win the champions league: attacking possession based football.

Second we are rich and have been using this wealth probably better than our competitors keeping our stars and signing new ones.

Third we have Messi, which is a one off player.

If I was inclined to pick the most important reason, I'd probably say Messi...
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2