Eivindo
Ganso
dostoevsky
shamr9pato
Superpeppe
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Letting Pirlo go was the biggest mistake Empty Letting Pirlo go was the biggest mistake

Post by Superpeppe Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:11 pm

Pirlo still has a lot to give. Juve did good to get him
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Letting Pirlo go was the biggest mistake Empty Re: Letting Pirlo go was the biggest mistake

Post by shamr9pato Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:12 pm

its never good to see a player leave and especially such a legend... but its time for a new milan and i think we could do well without him
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Letting Pirlo go was the biggest mistake Empty Re: Letting Pirlo go was the biggest mistake

Post by dostoevsky Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:18 pm

Not replacing him this market will be a bigger mistake. Missing Sahin was a shame, however at least he's gone to Spain and not to a rival such as Inter. Montolivo may be coming at least, though I still demand Poli.

Pirlo has more to give, however I think I've said everything about him before, it's really just time to sit back, watch the rest of his career and eventually forget the bitterness of seeing him in another shirt.

dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:21 pm

what exactly is the point of letting pirlo go,who is arguably the best veteran we had,and keep the other dead meat?

i think we should have kept him for another season,and let go of one of ambrosini,gattuso or seedorf.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:25 pm

I personally would have sent Seedorf away on a high and kept Pirlo around as a super-sub and tutor in training, though I disagree with the statement that Ambrosini and Gattuso are dead meat.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:29 pm

well,its not that they have nothing to add to our team,but they are old.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:36 pm

We still need the depth they provide and importantly the leadership in the locker room to ensure that the atmosphere of the old generation is imparted to a regenerating squad, however they do need to be phased out eventually. It's a gradual process though, I simply think Pirlo shouldn't have been Step One. Even if it takes two-three years to eventually replace them I don't mind, as long as they are being used to help the team and introduce their replacements. Otherwise we may miss opportunities to address other squad deficiencies if we're short of funds from a midfield spree.

We're crying over spilt milk at the moment though, we may as well make the most of the situation. By buying Poli.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:40 pm

"I simply think Pirlo shouldn't have been Step One. "

my thoughts exactly
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:57 pm

Pirlo is way too slow for CL now, in my opinion, so it was ok. Not replacing him would be where we screw up, and I keep hearing about a possible Ganso-transfer in January, but that wont help us one bit this autumn.

I still think Seedorf, Gattuso, Ambrosini are not safe to keep. They are probably pretty expensive too? Flamini is another soul that I have never seen done much good, besides running like a headless chicken all over the place, getting yellow cards.

Step one should not have been Pirlo, I also agree.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:00 pm

lmao great sig elvindo
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cripsy dipsy Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:13 pm

Ganso wrote: what exactly is the point of letting pirlo go,who is arguably the best veteran we had,and keep the other dead meat?

i think we should have kept him for another season,and let go of one of ambrosini,gattuso or seedorf.

+1, you can say that again Afro
cripsy dipsy
cripsy dipsy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:34 pm

It's not like Pirlo was booted out, he wanted to leave after not being satisfied with his wages and we couldn't guarantee him a starting spot, something which could have severely affected his status for the National Team. And it's not that much of a loss. Age caught up to him and he became injury prone and he lost a lot of speed and dipped his form. I didn't want him to leave, none of us did but Pirlo wanted it himself. But no matter what, in my heart he will forever be there ticking like he always kept Milan ticking in his prime.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:40 pm

milanista99 wrote:It's not like Pirlo was booted out, he wanted to leave after not being satisfied with his wages and we couldn't guarantee him a starting spot, something which could have severely affected his status for the National Team. And it's not that much of a loss. Age caught up to him and he became injury prone and he lost a lot of speed and dipped his form. I didn't want him to leave, none of us did but Pirlo wanted it himself. But no matter what, in my heart he will forever be there ticking like he always kept Milan ticking in his prime.

Yes, it was probably a smart decision by Pirlo in the long run. He will be remembered for his prime, that may not be too easy for Seedorf, Gattuso, Ambrosini if they decide to stay for many more years and get destroyed by younger players in the CL etc.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:18 pm

dostoevsky wrote:We still need the depth they provide and importantly the leadership in the locker room to ensure that the atmosphere of the old generation is imparted to a regenerating squad, however they do need to be phased out eventually. It's a gradual process though, I simply think Pirlo shouldn't have been Step One. Even if it takes two-three years to eventually replace them I don't mind, as long as they are being used to help the team and introduce their replacements. Otherwise we may miss opportunities to address other squad deficiencies if we're short of funds from a midfield spree.

We're crying over spilt milk at the moment though, we may as well make the most of the situation. By buying Poli.

I caught your hidden message, and I give a Thumbs up

Now I agree that Pirlo shouldn't have been the first one to go, but he wanted his big wages and we just can't be dealing with that situation right now. I completely disagree about Gattuso, Seedorf, Ambrosini being useless, and they all can still play good and help teach the youth and lead by example. I wanted Pirlo to remain as did most of us, but it just wasn't to be......OH and I see Flamini still be hated on by some..... :coffee: .....ridiculous. :coffee:
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:25 pm

Guys he had such sick game yesterday for Juve tbh he was amazing sending balls all over the field,great vision,great passes, and he dictated the game and the tempo to easy and transformed our Attack into defense and opposite
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:32 pm

Allegri would play 3 Gattusso's if he had'em...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:32 pm

DeviAngel wrote:Guys he had such sick game yesterday for Juve tbh he was amazing sending balls all over the field,great vision,great passes, and he dictated the game and the tempo to easy and transformed our Attack into defense and opposite

Who were you playing?? I want to see him perform against real competition before I start regretting it. If you guys played some Serie D team then meh Neutral nothing special in my eyes.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:33 pm

VibeTribe wrote:Allegri would play 3 Gattusso's if he had'em...

....and we'd still win the scudetto. :coffee:
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:50 pm

You won 1 after 8 years...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:52 pm

IzzyC08 wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:Guys he had such sick game yesterday for Juve tbh he was amazing sending balls all over the field,great vision,great passes, and he dictated the game and the tempo to easy and transformed our Attack into defense and opposite

Who were you playing?? I want to see him perform against real competition before I start regretting it. If you guys played some Serie D team then meh Neutral nothing special in my eyes.

Amateur side ...yes it amateur but still his dribbling and passes were so great i was amazed ...he controlled the game,the tempo,trasformation from Attack to Defense...

I knwo its amateur side yes but still in this 2 yrs we won against amateur sides with result 5-1,4-1 now we won 12-1
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:52 pm

VibeTribe wrote:You won 1 after 8 years...

So change subject.....we were speaking about Allegri....1 yr. 1 Scudetto nuff said. :coffee:
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:52 pm

VibeTribe wrote:You won 1 after 8 years...
inter fans love talking about the past dont they?

get a scudetto,then talk :coffee:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:54 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
IzzyC08 wrote:

Amateur side ...yes it amateur but still his dribbling and passes were so great i was amazed ...he controlled the game,the tempo,trasformation from Attack to Defense...

I knwo its amateur side yes but still in this 2 yrs we won against amateur sides with result 5-1,4-1 now we won 12-1

I saw him he was great. Just want to see him against tougher competition first though.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:08 pm

Ganso wrote:
inter fans love talking about the past dont they?

get a scudetto,then talk :coffee:

You just banned yourself from using "We have 7 CL's argument"

Thank you sir :coffee:
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:21 pm

always sad to see our club legend leave, but its difficult if we didnt get appropriate replacement. it has beeen same for kaka, or shevchenko's case. that just shows, how awesome players they were and there is no new kaka pirlo or shevchenko.. one of a kind.

i am happy though pirlo has found his new challenge elsewhere. good for him because he wasnt playing much for us from second half of the season anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next