Lex
Freeza
Valkyrja
69 posters

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Bale for Sale - Page 13 Empty Re: Bale for Sale

Post by Clutch Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:22 am

Gotta agree with Tito here. Hazard has spent way more time in epl but has never had a season close to bales 12/13 season. Bales UCL with Tottenham and Madrid is better than anything Hazard has done in the UCL. I've seen Bale take over a game or be a deciding factor in one and tbf Ive never watched Hazard too much but ive seen enough to where it shouldve happened and it hasn't IMO. Never bought into the Hazard hype but I can see what his ceiling is he just never fulfils for it me.

You guys really got me defending bale here, hate to see it smh

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:00 am

Comparing the two is a bit like comparing C. Ronaldo to Messi, I think. A lot of people confidently claim that Messi is the more talented player. I’ve seen frequent arguments over the years that he’s the more intelligent player, also. I get the impression that the majority of GL are in that camp, as well.

Regardless of what’s true, talent and intellect doesn’t necessarily translate into more effective or more decisive under any given circumstance, and they each bring relatively different qualities to the table. As it stands, they’re both injury plagued and underperforming, and you can only point to their past achievements to argue that they amount to anything special. With Bale going back to Tottenham, and Hazard going into a season that may define the rest of his career, they’ve both got a lot to prove.

Hazard has always appeared a bit frustratingly inconsistent to me, but he certainly has more talent in his locker than the infamous, sideways dribbling that everyone likes to bring up. For what it matters, I have more faith in Hazard bringing the goods for us, than Bale returning to his former glory. I can’t even imagine the latter having much impact once his athletic prowess becomes a thing of the past. He looks absolutely clueless whenever he has to make decisions.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:55 pm

Messi's peak is higher than CR's...  probably the highest ever.  Messi hasn't been very good in tournaments for either club or country for a while though.  In the meantime, CR has been an absolute killer in big games.

So when you look at their careers, who was better?  In terms of effectiveness, I think CR will win. He'll do it for longer than Messi given his freakish commitment to fitness and he'll have the superior big moment effectiveness. Kudos to him too because he wasn't a big game player until roughly 2013. The last 7 years have been crazy though.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:36 pm

Aside dribbling what can hazard do that bale cant? Bale is much better at free kicks (so technical ability goes to bale), he is faster, more acrobatic ,. I'd say hazard may be a better passer due to his position. But I have never seen him have games like bales copa del rey final, bales escapades against maicon n inter bale vs city or pool

Even the kinds of goals, he isnt scoring that ucl final bycicle kick or any of bales free kicks. Messi to cristiano is a wrong comparison. I'd say bale and hazard is like comparing robben (when he was @ real madrid) to isco

Bales issue is inconsistency primarily down to injuries and his new found attitude doesnt help at all either. I think his attitude and the drama that has surrounded his exit, is clouding our opinions on his game.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:41 pm

Tito has good points but doesn't seem to understand for all you measure Bale in, Hazard simply has more traits in the box. More importantly he has performed in his career far longer and better than Bale has who mostly was just good in Spurs, not so much in Real Madrid beyond some key goals here and there. Bale's career just as a whole has been tremendously underwhelming whereas Hazard has been great for Belgium along with a storied career in Chelsea.

As for CR v Messi. I agree with Sports. CR I began to rate better a while ago after Jolibessi began to be mostly anonymous in big games and just never actually pull his teams to victories out of nowhere like CR does.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:41 pm

Btw I'm not saying bale will or won't go back to past glory, and I'm not saying there's a regret in him leaving. I'm just saying prime for prime; talent for talent; I'm picking bale in 2012 or 2013 over any of hazards prime years
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:05 pm

Injured for a month rofl
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:08 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Injured for a month rofl

FFS rofl
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:23 pm

Lol and that therein lies his biggest issue, frequent trips to the doctors.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:36 am

I'm a big fan of super teams and enjoy seeing the best players play together, but the one thing I wish I saw was Bale be the main man of a top team.

He was insane in the second half of 12/13. He was out there deciding matches from long shots in the last 10 minutes of the game. Absolutely clutch. Laughing

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:18 am

Out for a week. No wonder he nrver wanted to make public the extent of his injuries
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:17 am

Good news all in all, for both parties involved. I think the PL is the ideal place for Bale to try and recapture his lost magic, and Madrid is definitely better off without him.

Marca is saying it's only a season-long loan move which is a little disappointing, but I'll take it.

Wish him all the best.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:29 am

Casciavit wrote:I'm a big fan of super teams and enjoy seeing the best players play together, but the one thing I wish I saw was Bale be the main man of a top team.

He was insane in the second half of 12/13. He was out there deciding matches from long shots in the last 10 minutes of the game. Absolutely clutch. Laughing

He did get the chance to be the main man for us after CR7 departed. He didn’t capitalize on that opportunity, at all. Even when he wasn’t injured, he just didn’t have any impact or productivity.

Can’t really blame him when you consider how fat his wages are, and some luck in the latter stages of the Champions League was all it took for non- Real Madrid fans to assume he can still perform at the highest level.

Regardless of whether or not there’s any legitimacy to him and his agent’s suggestion that he’s being held hostage by the club, their efforts have evidently distracted fans of other leagues from his incompetence outside of the decisive moments that everyone saw. Consistency is all that really matters if you want to call yourself an elite player, and for various reasons, Bale doesn’t have that.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:49 pm

Being the main man in a team implies that you are also a leader and that you can speak out, command attention, and dictate what you want on the pitch. How do you do that when you can’t communicate properly with your teammates. We joke about this a lot but not being able to speak Spanish was a problem for Bale, one he never overcame because he was just fcking lazy about it, pure and simple. You live in a country like Spain for over 4 years and you ain’t fluent? Spanish? Amazing

If he had the sort of unrivalled talent guys like Messi or Neymar have, even to a lower extent, he would have gotten away with it, but he doesn’t
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:25 pm

Spanish being my first language its hard to say if its easy to learn or not, for obvious reasons but pretty much anyone you'll know will speak of learning the language as an easy one. And these are people who don't even live within a Spanish speaking country. This Welsh bumpkin lived in the homeland of the language itself and cannot even string a sentence.

Not only that he built muscle thereby losing pretty much his only redeeming quality and that is his pace.

Reminds me when fast fighters build muscle to "add power" or Brett Lee of Cricket adding muscle thereby losing his pace bowling.

He wont regain anything anywhere.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:12 pm

My sides rofl
Bale for Sale - Page 13 D10
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:59 pm

These guys will get the biggest reality check when Bale ends up playing only 5 games all season
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:20 am

halamadrid2 wrote:These guys will get the biggest reality check when Bale ends up playing only 5 games all season

And then his agent will inflate that number by discreetly adding his golf games for the season to the total amount of appearances Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:10 pm

Son is legit a better player than Bale these days, but no doubt an upgrade over Lucas Moura
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:12 pm

I'm so happy Proud
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:56 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Casciavit wrote:I'm a big fan of super teams and enjoy seeing the best players play together, but the one thing I wish I saw was Bale be the main man of a top team.

He did get the chance to be the main man for us after CR7 departed. He didn’t capitalize on that opportunity, at all. Even when he wasn’t injured, he just didn’t have any impact or productivity.

Can’t really blame him when you consider how fat his wages are, and some luck in the latter stages of the Champions League was all it took for non- Real Madrid fans to assume he can still perform at the highest level.

Regardless of whether or not there’s any legitimacy to him and his agent’s suggestion that he’s being held hostage by the club, their efforts have evidently distracted fans of other leagues from his incompetence outside of the decisive moments that everyone saw. Consistency is all that really matters if you want to call yourself an elite player, and for various reasons, Bale doesn’t have that.

To be fair, I was referring more to him becoming a main man of a top team after he left Spurs in 2013. I know he was supposed to be given the keys when Ronaldo left, but he was a very different player by the time that happened. It would've been interesting to see him join United instead in 2013.

I'm sure he doesn't regret it though. The guy won 4 CL's in the 7 years. Not much more you could've asked for lol.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:59 pm

sportsczy wrote:Messi's peak is higher than CR's...  probably the highest ever.  Messi hasn't been very good in tournaments for either club or country for a while though.  In the meantime, CR has been an absolute killer in big games.

So when you look at their careers, who was better?  In terms of effectiveness, I think CR will win. He'll do it for longer than Messi given his freakish commitment to fitness and he'll have the superior big moment effectiveness. Kudos to him too because he wasn't a big game player until roughly 2013. The last 7 years have been crazy though.

That second half against Sweden in late 2013 unlocked something in Ronaldo when it came to the big moments. His 2017 CL campaign is probably the most clutch CL from a single player ever. He was instrumental in every match with his output.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:39 pm

Ronaldo not being a big game player pre 2013 is nonsense ofcourse especially when we're speaking about a player who was at the center of Man United's CL win.

With age and experience, he just got better at being clutch.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:43 pm

Any Man U fan will tell you that he wasn't good in big games most often....  where's Jibers when I need him lol.  He tried too hard.

He was very poor in his first 4 years at Madrid; especially against Barca. He may have scored here and there; but it took him 20 shots to get 1 in.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:36 pm

He helped us win the 2011 CDR final against Barça with his header though, not to mention scoring the winner in the 2012 title decider against Barça at Camp Nou. But I do agree with the general consensus that he wasn't generally a big game player before 2013.

After that, he became a monster.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:29 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:He helped us win the 2011 CDR final against Barça with his header though, not to mention scoring the winner in the 2012 title decider against Barça at Camp Nou. But I do agree with the general consensus that he wasn't generally a big game player before 2013.

After that, he became a monster.

Selective memory is a big thing lol. Apart from those goals, he also scored in 08 CL final and in semi-finals where Real got knocked out. Even in Euro 12 he scored winners in two make or break mathes for Portugal.

Sure he got even better later but he was not Immobile either. To say he was "very poor" in his first 4 years in Madrid is laughable.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next