M99
BiasedMilanFan3
Lord Spencer
maruf063
8 posters

Go down

serie a needs to change Empty serie a needs to change

Post by maruf063 Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:07 am

hi, i am an ac milan and serie a fanatic from Bangladesh. in my country everyone thinks that serie a is trash and they don't watch serie a ... but i just love ac milan... don't you think that playing style in serie a needs to change for the sake of football in peninsula?

maruf063
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

serie a needs to change Empty Re: serie a needs to change

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:33 am

Welcome to the forums bro.

As a simple answer to your question, no.

To explain, it is not the style that is wrong with serie a, but rather how it is advertised. The English PL is always advertised as the best league in the planet, and hence is shoved down people's throat as the best. Bangladesh is a new football market, and except a few football fanatics, most are just getting into watching football. Hence, they would go watch the more publicized PL over serie a.

Eventually, you tend to like the thing you are more exposed to. Such is true with movies, women, and music, and is also true with football.

As for style, most serie a fans enjoy its style. True, some things need to be changed. But overall, we don't need serie a to be a carbon copy of the EPL.

Difference exists for us to enjoy. People who say such and such is trash without experiencing it are being ignorant.

In the end, for people in Bangladesh to stop thinking serie a is trash, it needs to be advertised to them that its not.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by maruf063 Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:43 am

thanks bro for the greetings... i am not that new as i visited the new and the old forum regularly... you are true but i can't fully agree with you...most of the people of our country are either supporters of Brazil or Argentina...so you can guess that they should support either la liga or serie a where most of the stars are playing... i have been watching serie a from 2002 and it's only the last year when a channel is finally broadcasting serie a in our country...i love the passion of serie a fans ... it's something that is quite similar to people of our country...but i have seen a match between palermo and lazio last year and to be honest i fell asleep thrice during the game...it was that much boring... i expect something new from serie a like something Roma are planning to do... i really hope that they can enthrall the people of Bangladesh so that i can watch Roma vs Lazio instead of manu vs liverpool... i really hope that

maruf063
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:51 am

I can see where you're coming from

I live in Melbourne, Australia and not a lot of guys (15-20) follow football seriously(even though its not known as soccer down here).
But the people who DO follow a football team,
of the 20, about 19 follow an EPL team (the one guy who doesnt is a die-hard Inter supporter).

If Serie A teams somehow lure an absolute MEGA star to the league such as Messi, Cristiano or Rooney then i'll think publicity will rise and we won't have to change our playing style.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:53 am

Hi there mate, I'm a Bangladeshi too but live in England. Most Bangladeshis are pure Premfaces, have little to no knowlege of football outside of the Premier League and think Vidic>>>Nesta, Ashley Cole>>>Maldini etc. There are a few exceptions, especially the older fans. The problem with Serie A in Asia lies not on the playing style and tempo but on broadcasting and marketing. There are a lot of exciting games on Serie A (Milan 4-4 Udinese) and a lot of boring ones. It's the same for every leauge. EPL is heavily broadcasted and marketed in Asia unlike the Serie A hence the vast difference in popularity. Serie A used to be heavily popular around the world during the late 80s, the whole of the 90s and the early 2000s, it has nothing to do with the playing style. Serie A is heavily popular in the Middle East because it is widely broadcasted by Al Jazeera. Another reason why the Premier League is really popular around here is because of the timezone. Premier League games are shown live in Bangladesh at 5:40 PM, 7:30 PM, 8:00 PM, 10:00 PM etc while Serie A and La Liga are shown normally at 11:00 AM, 1:00 AM or 2:30 AM.

Hope you stick around and have fun here mate.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:14 pm

I think people need to think about the simple fact that english clubs are "english", meaning everyone can relate quicker and much easier to these teams and players, to whom they can pronounce their names correctly, see interviews they understand, etc. Not before I got in my teens did I start to really think for myself, and look beyond what was "casual" here in Scandinavia, and towards what type of football and culture I enjoyed the most.

To be honest, I also think there is something left from the fact that Italy was allied with Germany during WW2, but perhaps that is a little too deep Razz

But just think for a moment if Italian was the world language "everyone" understood, wouldnt Serie A suddenly be more popular by itself? Thankfully, its a latin language, and its easier for South Americans do adapt there, and therefore, Italy will most likely always be full of superstars :flower:
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:16 pm

Milanista99 wrote:Most Bangladeshis are pure Premfaces

not only bangladesh..whole of south and south-east asia as well.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:23 pm

Oh and I forgot, along with Premfaces the other majority are Barca bandwagoners who started to support them after they won the Sextuple. They don't even watch Barca La Liga matches and can't even name a single player pre Guardiola era apart from Ronaldinho Razz
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:33 pm

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:I can see where you're coming from

I live in Melbourne, Australia and not a lot of guys (15-20) follow football seriously(even though its not known as soccer down here).
But the people who DO follow a football team,
of the 20, about 19 follow an EPL team (the one guy who doesnt is a die-hard Inter supporter).

If Serie A teams somehow lure an absolute MEGA star to the league such as Messi, Cristiano or Rooney then i'll think publicity will rise and we won't have to change our playing style.

Its not about the playing style, its about the players, and good coaches in my opinion. But the old wise men follow the money, and that has not been in Serie A in recent years, but in England.

I do agree that if Messi came to Serie A, he would alone draw a lot of people to the matches, and increase revenues a lot for whatever team he played for, for teams he did not play for also, even opposing teams fans would want to see this guy.

What Italy should think about before anything, is to build their own modern stadiums. It doesnt even have to be among the biggest, just many of those 25 -35 k seaters for the mid-table teams and down would help a lot on revenue in the long run.

Its also easier to marked a league when you have beautiful new stadiums to portrait, it just looks more inviting to many people.

According to Zamparini, they will present their new stadium plans soon, and are aiming for a 35 k seater. I hope all follow Juventus on this soon.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:37 pm

milanista99 wrote:Oh and I forgot, along with Premfaces the other majority are Barca bandwagoners who started to support them after they won the Sextuple. They don't even watch Barca La Liga matches and can't even name a single player pre Guardiola era apart from Ronaldinho Razz

Lol ye, its terrible:D Maybe in the end its just better to not win too much every year so you dont get those sad bandwagoners Razz
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:59 pm

Welcome i hope u enjoy ur stay.

as for ur question, i think serie a will face alot of changes next year and will be more competitive with roma capturing star signing and juventus trying to get players that can make them more competitive so i think the teams will face more difficulties playing against each other and will have to step up their game alot otherwise they will loose.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:55 pm

I think Serie A is fine as it is.

To start with, I seldom follow any other (full) matches other than Milan's, I do watch other matches' highlights here and there when I have the time though. This may not be accurate but it seems that Serie A matches are generally played at the pace of a snail most of the time. But there's where I find fun part of it, seeing how Team A tries to outwit Team B to deliver a quick counter attack or perfect through passes.

I'd hate watching Serie A if they started to change their football style into EPL style, which are (majority) hoof long ball, fast sprint, shoot, goal... No offense to EPL watcher, but IMO that's just not how football should be played =X

I don't disagree though that star powers are what serie A lacking right now.... Currently, I don't think Serie A can compete with EPL or La Liga in terms of star power right now... Back in the 90s-2000s you have Thuram-Cannavaro-Buffon in Parma, Batistuta & Rui Costa in Fiorentina, Recoba & Adriano in Venezia, Nakata in Perugia and I could go on and on, but you got the idea.... But I'd doubt if star power alone is enough to restore Serie A back to the status where it received during the 90s

Seth
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:52 pm

Seth wrote:I think Serie A is fine as it is.

To start with, I seldom follow any other (full) matches other than Milan's, I do watch other matches' highlights here and there when I have the time though. This may not be accurate but it seems that Serie A matches are generally played at the pace of a snail most of the time. But there's where I find fun part of it, seeing how Team A tries to outwit Team B to deliver a quick counter attack or perfect through passes.

I'd hate watching Serie A if they started to change their football style into EPL style, which are (majority) hoof long ball, fast sprint, shoot, goal... No offense to EPL watcher, but IMO that's just not how football should be played =X

I don't disagree though that star powers are what serie A lacking right now.... Currently, I don't think Serie A can compete with EPL or La Liga in terms of star power right now... Back in the 90s-2000s you have Thuram-Cannavaro-Buffon in Parma, Batistuta & Rui Costa in Fiorentina, Recoba & Adriano in Venezia, Nakata in Perugia and I could go on and on, but you got the idea.... But I'd doubt if star power alone is enough to restore Serie A back to the status where it received during the 90s

Well, if you look at many Barca-matches in La Liga, you will also get the "snail" feeling. It doesnt mean that they cant play quicker, its just being smart and saving energy when you can, making the opposition run more.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down