Donuts
windkick
The Franchise
44 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by futbol Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:06 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:No doubt that midfield and attack look really really thin after your first 11. With Lurcho's GOAT fitness training and your impeccable medical department that's not a problem though.

Bitte geh.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:27 pm

Embrace the inevitable, guys.

Lucho's celta boy is a lock for Jan. After a trophyless season, Lucho to order more youth departures next summer while replacing them with more Liga 'experience'. Laughing
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:11 pm

Either that or he gets axed and Klopp gets brought in.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:19 pm

I'm fine with anything as long as we win things tbh. Won't say that what LE is doing is wrong because for now he's getting the results.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:28 am

I chuckle a bit with some of the comments
"i want lucho to play more barca players and stop buying experienced players"
complains that our bench consists of 5/7 la masia boys and is not good enough for our team

sounds about right i guess... but if only samper was in the bench that would surely fix everything Rolling Eyes
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:18 am

futbol wrote:Barca fans are the most depressing in the world. Let's go position for position:

Forwards:

Neymar: 23, needs no replacing for 10 years. Everything cool.

Messi: just turned 28. Has AT LEAST 4 more seasons in him. Buying or developing any youngstar in his position is pointless when he won't miss a single game for the next 4 seasons at least. In 4 years he'll be only Ronaldo's current age who is still going strong.

Suarez: 28. Same argument as Messi. Pointless to try and develop or buy anyone for the future now. Maybe in 2 years it's time to think about it.

Midfield:

Busquets: 27. No need to worry for at least 5 more years.

Rakitic: 27. Same as Busquets. LOL @ "has never been really elite for us". Do you watch Barca, bruh? If only prime Xaviesta level is elite enough you'll wait a long time for "elite" midfielders.

Iniesta: 31. Needs replacing soon. If for example Pogba comes that's the midfield sorted for 5 years.

Defense:

Alba: 26. Needs no replacing soon (at least not because of age Laughing)

Pique: 28. Needs no replacing soon. Has 4 more seasons in him at least. Defenders can usually play even longer.

Mascherano: 31. Needs replacing soon.

Dani Alves: 32. Needs replacing soon.

GK:

MAtS: 23. No problems.

This forum. rofl

This is intresting but I see it a bit different.

First of all, lets get the forward line out of the way. It is fine, we dont need to stockplie young talent there. But we do need to have better alternatives than Munir, Sandro and I dunno who else. Its not a concern, there are young players on deck within the youth system, hopefully someone will wake up and remember Barca philosophy and start integrating them in the next couple years, unlike the previous couple years.

Midfield, it seems Pogba is becoming some weird attacking midfielder at Juve. Maybe he can replace Iniesta. But we need a real midfielder in the wings, Thiago obviously was that man and could have kept us with a nice 3 players who give variation (Pogba unpredictability, Rakitic team play/hard work and Thiago passer). Samper I guess is the hope but again, we arent using these kids so we could have an issue here.

In defence, Mascherano should have been replaed ages ago let alone now. We need someone right now. Alves needed a real back up ages ago, he needs someone right now who is seriously giving us a decision of who to play.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:25 am

Donuts wrote:I chuckle a bit with some of the comments
"i want lucho to play more barca players and stop buying experienced players"
complains that our bench consists of 5/7 la masia boys and is not good enough for our team

sounds about right i guess... but if only samper was in the bench that would surely fix everything Rolling Eyes

Our bench is consistenting of La Masia talent nobody rates (Sandro, Munir, Roberto) and guys who are "ok" (Bartra, Rafinha). While the guys who are real talents or at least wants to see give chances (Grimaldo, Samper, Adama, Deulofeu, Hailovic) are not there.

What do you expect people to say?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:42 am

Gumbau and Camara train with first team. :facepalm:

Arguably worst talents in the team. Seems legit imo
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:16 pm

Generally, I feel like I watch Barca B alot over the years. I only watch the Prem top 4-5, Barca and Madrid more.

I have no clue what those 2 are doing training with the first team. They must have some hidden talent only Enrique knows about.

Gambau first season with the B team was last season and it wasnt remarkable in any way. Not a key player or even a starter.

Camara I barely even seen play either. Its always a concern that so young and yet the last time he represented his country was 4 years ago or so I read.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:22 pm

Maybe they are being used as training cones. hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:27 pm

They're both awful. It's this type of players you see and ask yourself what the heck are they doing in a club like Barca.

The standard is much lower nowadays, mostly because they stopped caring about developing as it's easier to pay 200 mil for Neymar and Suarez.

Pol Calvet, Babunski, Samper, Grimaldo and even Bicho are much better options in midfield and they invited those posers.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Leem Aerin Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:46 pm

Do you think we need to bring back Thiago in? It seems this is the least season of Pep at Bayern. I dont know about Thiago's contract situation. Maybe he still have 2 years left in his contract. So, in case we can convince him to come to Barca after this season ends we won't have to look far to find a replacement for Iniesta.
Leem Aerin
Leem Aerin
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:06 pm

Thiago will go wherever Pep goes. And Pep ain't coming back to Barca. Should forget about it. Also I doubt the fans would welcome him back. He asked out when Barca was at the bottom and afterwards stated he wouldn't have an issue to join Madrid "because it's just football". Furthermore this board has already burned the bridges with him when they made "€ 25M for a bench player is great business" remarks after he left. They'll rather pay € 200M for Pogba than try to lure Thiago back to Barca.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:14 pm

No... Thiago is injury prone and he's a fraud anyway.

We need Verratti or somebody as good for the CM position and an AM. Possibly Denis Suarez coming back from loan will be enough, though I doubt it.

Next summer: Verratti, a talented forward like Vietto, Martial or Alcacer, Denis coming back from loan and possibly a centre back in Abdennour.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:37 pm

The Franchise wrote:
futbol wrote:(...)

This is intresting but I see it a bit different.

First of all, lets get the forward line out of the way. It is fine, we dont need to stockplie young talent there. But we do need to have better alternatives than Munir, Sandro and I dunno who else. Its not a concern, there are young players on deck within the youth system, hopefully someone will wake up and remember Barca philosophy and start integrating them in the next couple years, unlike the previous couple years.

Midfield, it seems Pogba is becoming some weird attacking midfielder at Juve. Maybe he can replace Iniesta. But we need a real midfielder in the wings, Thiago obviously was that man and could have kept us with a nice 3 players who give variation (Pogba unpredictability, Rakitic team play/hard work and Thiago passer). Samper I guess is the hope but again, we arent using these kids so we could have an issue here.

In defence, Mascherano should have been replaed ages ago let alone now. We need someone right now. Alves needed a real back up ages ago, he needs someone right now who is seriously giving us a decision of who to play.

Well, we have to seperate 2 things.

1. "Barca will be Nerman + scrubs in a few years."
2. Depth and quality issues.

The former is not a major problem. Because Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Busquets, Rakitic, Pique, Alba, MAtS will still be in their prime years 4 - 5 years from now (unexpected big injuries notwithstanding) which is a lot of time in football to look for replacements or find new gems. There is no need to look for Pique's successor right now when he is only 28 at all costs.

The latter is a problem. If Alves gets injured in a crucial CL tie and Douglas has to play then Barca can just as well forfeit the game. And why Barca wouldn't buy Otamendi and sell Mathieu, Song, Douglas, Vermaelen to fund some of the transfer fee I wouldn't know. But again, depth issues/weird transfer decisions and "OMG, the squad is aging" are different topics for me. Also if Arda and Aleix Vidal come good - I don't know if they will, but IF they come good, there won't even be too dramatic depth issues. I still remain that even with 1 injury to "MSN" Barca's attack is still overpowered if the coach can adapt formations according to injuries:

Suarez Messi
Iniesta Busquets Rakitic Arda
defense
GK

Just an example. What's the problem with 4-4-2? Madrid played their best football with exactly that formation except that Messi+Suarez >>> Ronaldo+Benzema, Iniesta > Isco and Busquets > Kroos. Barca even has the superior personnel to pull that formation off. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:57 pm

Nobody. Touches. The. 4-3-3. Mad

Anyhoo, word is Camara and Gumbau will get called up for the Bilbao trip.

This is just... sad.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:46 pm

They won't even make the bench, just need numbers in case of more injuries from here to the game.

Either way I can't possibly see what Lucho see's in Gumbau. He clearly rated him allot higher in the pre-seasons as he played every game and even started vs Chelsea as where Samper hardly got any time at all. And then this. Either Lucho has some keen eye for young talent we don't have, or he has a terrible eye for a talent and is nerfing our club and lowering our standards.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:13 pm

futbol wrote:

Well, we have to seperate 2 things.

1. "Barca will be Nerman + scrubs in a few years."
2. Depth and quality issues.

The former is not a major problem. Because Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Busquets, Rakitic, Pique, Alba, MAtS will still be in their prime years 4 - 5 years from now (unexpected big injuries notwithstanding) which is a lot of time in football to look for replacements or find new gems. There is no need to look for Pique's successor right now when he is only 28 at all costs.

The latter is a problem. If Alves gets injured in a crucial CL tie and Douglas has to play then Barca can just as well forfeit the game. And why Barca wouldn't buy Otamendi and sell Mathieu, Song, Douglas, Vermaelen to fund some of the transfer fee I wouldn't know. But again, depth issues/weird transfer decisions and "OMG, the squad is aging" are different topics for me. Also if Arda and Aleix Vidal come good - I don't know if they will, but IF they come good, there won't even be too dramatic depth issues. I still remain that even with 1 injury to "MSN" Barca's attack is still overpowered if the coach can adapt formations according to injuries:

Suarez Messi
Iniesta Busquets Rakitic Arda
defense
GK

Just an example. What's the problem with 4-4-2? Madrid played their best football with exactly that formation except that Messi+Suarez >>> Ronaldo+Benzema, Iniesta > Isco and Busquets > Kroos. Barca even has the superior personnel to pull that formation off. Laughing

I am not sure about that to be honest. 5 years from now, I could make a case that many of them wont be.

For example, Suarez losing his a step or two would be terrible for him. He already isnt lightening fast, he relies on that first step after the move he makes to get his shot off. At 32 years old, I dont know if that first step will be there. I cant imagine him being the best striker in the world at 32. Still a fine player but you certaintly need an alternative.

Busquets I think will be fine. He is already slow his game should be just as it is now.

5 years from now Alba will be 30? I already dont like him but he isnt Montoya level so I wont cry that he is a starter. I guess he will be fine, he shouldnt have slowed down much at that age.

Rakitic and Pique are big question marks to me. I think Rakitic energy is a big part of his game. Once that dips he will become less effective and in your 30's he wont have that energy. I cant think of any 30+ midfielder who could do his job.

If Pique retired 2 seasons from now, I wouldnt be shocked. He doesnt have the attitude of a real pro. In normal terms he SHOULD be fine at 32 but because its him, I simply cant see it.

All this being said, I agree with you if you say we dont need to find a successor to any of these players right now.

But I do believe we will need another CM and CB, and I dont mean stop gap "good players" like Mathieu and even Rakitic...I mean, really elite players.

I wont speak for Alex but what his post made me think about was the overall talent of the squad in 5 years.

I think Madrid have the talent in place. What they do with is another question, most likely they waste it. But they have the chance because they have a good core of relatively young players. I dont see the same core at Barca. We can still do that depending on signings/using the B team though. Simply Madrid have a head start.

To sum up, if you throw away Madrid's 27 and over group (Benzema, Cristiano, Ramos, Marcelo, Modric) and then you throw away ours (Alves, Pique, Messi, Suarez, Iniesta) they are left with more to work with.

I like James, Isco, Varane, Kroos, Kovacic and Danilo WAY more than Rafinha, Bartra, Roberto, Vidal and I dunno who..im struggling to even think of players currently around the team.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:17 pm

Oh, you're right tbf. I think the B team has a game on the weekend aswell and LE just didn't want to get their best players away as they wouldn't feature anyway and instead he will take these 2 scrubz.

At least I hope that's the case.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:45 am

I always feel football is a very fast moving sport. 2-3 years ago Pogba was completely unknown except maybe Manchester United hardcore followers who watch their youth teams and even then I think he didn't stand out and they were raving about that Ravel Morrison dude instead. James, Griezmann, De Bruyne, Sterling, Verratti, Marquinhos. Not sure many would have rated these players in 2012 as much as they are rated now. How else does Verratti move for a mere € 12M to PSG? James was almost an unknown before the World Cup last year. Hell, Otamendi was only rated a € 10M players in 2014 before moving for almost € 50M one year later and Otamendi is 27, not a youngstar who unexpectedly exploded. Wonder why Porto didn't see that potential 12 months ago, e. g. "fast moving sport" where things can change quickly.

Who knows what Barca will do in the next 2 years? Will people still meltdown about the squad age if Barca buy Pogba and Gündogan next summer? And if Kovacic becomes another Illarramendi? It's obvious to me Barca won't just rely on Sergi Roberto and 30 year old Rakitic in 4 years time so I'm calm for now. My only gripe right now is the lacking squad depth. While on paper Barca can play Mathieu and Adriano at leftback in case Alba gets injured, factually both are horrible and got schooled by Athletic Bilbao. So essentially it's Alba or nothing which makes players like Adriano deadwood (Mathieu at least serves some purpose as a CB). Furthermore Barca has 5 CBs yet 3 aren't really Barca class. With Pique's suspension every Culé is already shitting bricks about the prospect of Bartra showing his "class" again in San Mames.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:31 am

When did Pep say he wouldn't mind coaching Madrid? I never read this interview.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:35 am

Winter is Coming wrote:When did Pep say he wouldn't mind coaching Madrid? I never read this interview.

What are you referring to?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:39 am

Nvm I got confused you were referring to Thiago
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:41 am

Yeah, Pep joining Madrid is unthinkable. Dude's a die hard Catalan freedom fighter. Laughing It was Thiago.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:58 am

Exactly what I was thinking, the way I read it seemed you spoke of Pep, I'm like "What!?"

Anyways as we are on the topic of Pogba personally I still prefer Verratti all tho PSG won't sell him to us, but I just don't want to deal with Pogba agent Raiola bs. Pogba also doesn't strike me as a loyal player and would join Madrid if given the chance.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:19 am

futbol wrote:I always feel football is a very fast moving sport. 2-3 years ago Pogba was completely unknown except maybe Manchester United hardcore followers who watch their youth teams and even then I think he didn't stand out and they were raving about that Ravel Morrison dude instead. James, Griezmann, De Bruyne, Sterling, Verratti, Marquinhos. Not sure many would have rated these players in 2012 as much as they are rated now. How else does Verratti move for a mere € 12M to PSG? James was almost an unknown before the World Cup last year. Hell, Otamendi was only rated a € 10M players in 2014 before moving for almost € 50M one year later and Otamendi is 27, not a youngstar who unexpectedly exploded. Wonder why Porto didn't see that potential 12 months ago, e. g. "fast moving sport" where things can change quickly.

Who knows what Barca will do in the next 2 years? Will people still meltdown about the squad age if Barca buy Pogba and Gündogan next summer? And if Kovacic becomes another Illarramendi? It's obvious to me Barca won't just rely on Sergi Roberto and 30 year old Rakitic in 4 years time so I'm calm for now. My only gripe right now is the lacking squad depth. While on paper Barca can play Mathieu and Adriano at leftback in case Alba gets injured, factually both are horrible and got schooled by Athletic Bilbao. So essentially it's Alba or nothing which makes players like Adriano deadwood (Mathieu at least serves some purpose as a CB). Furthermore Barca has 5 CBs yet 3 aren't really Barca class. With Pique's suspension every Culé is already shitting bricks about the prospect of Bartra showing his "class" again in San Mames.

Well I generally agree, but I think anyone who saw Pogba in England saw flashes of this talent. Actually when I saw him as a young player I was more impressed than now, he used to spray superb long passes which I rarely see now.

But I mean anyway, all those guys are young. Obviously you never know what they will become but you can never rule anything out.

Otamendi is a dfferent animal. Porto did see the potential. Otamendi was very good at Porto but he made outragous blunders. His basic defensive skills were as now, tough tackler and brave as it gets..but every time he got the ball it was a lottery. He seems to have eradicated these moments almost over night.

Yes your right, I dont think Barca will sit on their hands either and let Roberto continue to become poor mans Keita in some false hope he becomes starter material. So there is no need to panic at all your right. Its only as I said, Madrid have a head start. Some of the guys they have are really talented, which is at least something you can work with.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next