BarrileteCosmico
Bellabong
Jonathan28
LeVersacci
RealGunner
40 posters

Page 21 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 32 ... 43  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 21 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by RealGunner Tue May 26, 2015 7:54 pm

wtf happened to brotherhood without banners lmao

+1 Tom

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 21 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 26, 2015 7:56 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:There's 4,000 possible stories in GoT and yeah nothing is happening.

Stannis has went from the wall to 4 hours away from the wall, freezing his ass off

Arya has progressed from washing corpses to washing corpses and talking to kids

Sansa's life still sucks.

Theon is still not Theon

The Dorne stuff has sucked massively.

And the biggest story currently is a bunch of religious idiots dominating kings landing because the only semi-powerful person there is a 7 year old king.

tbf that's the only thing where I like it that nothings happening.

I always think, for ages now,
'SURELY NOW he's going to snap. AT SOME POINT he'll snap and Aaron Ramsey will get waht's coming to him. Surely it's about to happen ANY MINUTE NOW'

But then he never snaps rofl

He's been expertly broken Laughing Neutral
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 26, 2015 8:07 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:The thing is, they've completely disregarded some storylines, not sure how it is in the books but where's:

-The Greyjoys
-Rickon and Osha
-Gendry
-Brotherhood without banners
-Walder Frey
-Catelyn's uncle (Was it mentioned that he's dead? i'm not sure)

This is S6 stuff, except for the Greyjoys who will likely appear for an important upcoming scene.

Yeah the Blackfish escaped, no one knows where he is or where he'll appear.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue May 26, 2015 8:21 pm

El Gunner wrote:
RealGunner wrote:When she said

"Look at me, Look at my face, this is the last thing you will see before you die"

http://i.minus.com/iBEwT7tEC0X2B.gif

I thought that was just petty talking. :coffee:

https://i.imgur.com/4q7pYgR.gifv
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 26, 2015 8:22 pm

Cersei never petty talks.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue May 26, 2015 8:27 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I liked how Cersei told Tommen that if he marched on the Sept they would kill the prisoners, thus ensuring that he doesn't march there for her

Nice catch, that slipped my mind

I have no idea how the Tyrells can escape. But i feel as if Tommen will go ham once news about his mother reaches his ears. This is where Littlefinger can come to play imo, an opportunity to rid 2 players. He'll soothe Tommen with his words and ensure him that he'll help his mother/wife (He won't). But then how will the Faith Militant be put down? hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 26, 2015 8:32 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:I liked how Cersei told Tommen that if he marched on the Sept they would kill the prisoners, thus ensuring that he doesn't march there for her

Nice catch, that slipped my mind

I have no idea how the Tyrells can escape. But i feel as if Tommen will go ham once news about his mother reaches his ears. This is where Littlefinger can come to play imo, an opportunity to rid 2 players. He'll soothe Tommen with his words and ensure him that he'll help his mother/wife (He won't). But then how will the Faith Militant be put down? hmm

The Lord of Light has an army too hmm

Problem is that army took seven episodes to march from the wall to the next village south of the wall, so we might have to wait another couple of seasons for a proper religious war showdown..
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue May 26, 2015 8:41 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:too long didnt read

LeVersacci wrote:Too long, didn't read

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/MjAxMi02OWM1YTQ0NDZhZmZlMDVk.png
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 26, 2015 8:43 pm

M99 wrote:
El Gunner wrote:
RealGunner wrote:When she said

"Look at me, Look at my face, this is the last thing you will see before you die"

http://i.minus.com/iBEwT7tEC0X2B.gif

I thought that was just petty talking. :coffee:

https://i.imgur.com/4q7pYgR.gifv

That smug face lol
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue May 26, 2015 9:36 pm

The real deal will only begin now. Last episode was the setting.

I believe the show catching up with the book is the reason why in the main stories the progression is slow. And the new characters introduced apart from the Jonathan Pryce isnt helping either.
Luckily Now that a point is reached where the main characters can once again move with their arcs, notably tyrion and dany.

Oh and Theon WILL break soon. I predict in the next episode itself. bounce Have a feeling Brienne and Pod will have something to do with it. They have been stationary for far too long. Laughing High time they lose their patience and make the move.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Wed May 27, 2015 6:35 am

I thought it was another meh episode.

The whole Dorne thing is still pointless. "Guess what? We poisoned you. Do you like these titties?" "Yeah" "Well, here's the antidote".

Reek is still Reek. Sansa is still a pouty victim.

The religious arc is still weak and makes no sense. Like I said last week. Why would Cersei use the moral highground to go after the queen? It's obvious it was gonna backfire. Also, you'd think Tommen would be a lot more pissed off that they took away his sex toy and would actually do something instead of just talking.

Not really a fan of the adventures of Tyrion and Jorah but that's finally over and we'll see if they can improve Dany's arc.

The north is where the interesting parts of the show are happening. I thought it was silly for the douchbag first ranger to (sort of) threaten Sam at Aemon's funeral but I guess it was needed to set up the scene where Gilly is attacked. I was hoping Jon was gonna play a larger role but nope, his side quest is really happening.

I think if Stannis loses to Ramsey I'll probably give up on the show. Maybe I'll start watching it after each season is done instead. I don't know. I'm kind of hoping Jon forms a pact with the white walkers, waits for winter, and then takes over the world.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 27, 2015 9:22 am

M99 wrote:https://imgur.com/a/IVsZk

inb4tldr
El Shaarawy wrote:too long didnt read
LeVersacci wrote:Too long, didn't read

ffs Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 27, 2015 9:28 am

urbaNRoots wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:The thing is, they've completely disregarded some storylines, not sure how it is in the books but where's:

-The Greyjoys
-Rickon and Osha
-Gendry
-Brotherhood without banners
-Walder Frey
-Catelyn's uncle (Was it mentioned that he's dead? i'm not sure)

This is S6 stuff, except for the Greyjoys who will likely appear for an important upcoming scene.

Yeah the Blackfish escaped, no one knows where he is or where he'll appear.

unbelievable :facepalm:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed May 27, 2015 9:32 am

https://i.imgur.com/qMEKiCS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/M9GCl2E.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6QlnEDp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/AErCIJa.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/K9PAUOF.jpg

rofl
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed May 27, 2015 9:39 am

@elitedam, i kinda disagree, i think that Jon's arc is sort of filler-ish. Brb going to hardhome to rescue wildling families, then what? It feels like they just gave him something to do to occupy himself the rest of the season. I do however agree with you on Cersei and Tommen.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 27, 2015 9:46 am

Not gonna be so filler-ish when Jon dies of a heart attack after seeing a resurrected Ygritte as she says "You know nothing, Jon Snow" at the same time, now is it :coffee:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed May 27, 2015 10:01 am

El Gunner wrote:Not gonna be so filler-ish when Jon dies of a heart attack after seeing a resurrected Ygritte as she says "You know nothing, Jon Snow" at the same time, now is it :coffee:

Jon cremated Ygritte hmm
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 27, 2015 11:07 am

M99 wrote:
El Gunner wrote:Not gonna be so filler-ish when Jon dies of a heart attack after seeing a resurrected Ygritte as she says "You know nothing, Jon Snow" at the same time, now is it :coffee:

Jon cremated Ygritte hmm

Reborn Ygritte hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed May 27, 2015 12:41 pm

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed May 27, 2015 12:54 pm

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 27, 2015 1:54 pm

elitedam wrote:I thought it was another meh episode.

The whole Dorne thing is still pointless. "Guess what? We poisoned you. Do you like these titties?" "Yeah" "Well, here's the antidote".

The religious arc is still weak and makes no sense. Like I said last week. Why would Cersei use the moral highground to go after the queen? It's obvious it was gonna backfire. Also, you'd think Tommen would be a lot more pissed off that they took away his sex toy and would actually do something instead of just talking.

Not really a fan of the adventures of Tyrion and Jorah but that's finally over and we'll see if they can improve Dany's arc.

The north is where the interesting parts of the show are happening. I thought it was silly for the douchbag first ranger to (sort of) threaten Sam at Aemon's funeral but I guess it was needed to set up the scene where Gilly is attacked. I was hoping Jon was gonna play a larger role but nope, his side quest is really happening.

I think if Stannis loses to Ramsey I'll probably give up on the show. Maybe I'll start watching it after each season is done instead. I don't know. I'm kind of hoping Jon forms a pact with the white walkers, waits for winter, and then takes over the world.

I'll try to answer some of your questions:

1) Why would Cersei use the moral highground to go after the queen?
- Cersei is not a smart person, if you remember Tywin "I don't distrust you because you're a woman; I distrust you because you're not as smart as you think you are"

Her motivations for going after Margaery are clear though from the very first scene of the season. And not without cause, Margaery has schemed to remove Cersei from power from the moment she arrived in KL.

2. Tommen can't do much, because if he does bring the army as Cersei said "You'll know who the first loss of that war will be". The other point is that he is weak. Even Daario who is not the smartest dude says "All rulers are butchers or meat". Tommen is meat because he has no one guiding him after Tywin's death.

3. I don't understand this "side-quest" you guys are mentioning. He is Lord Commander and this is an important unpopular decision he has taken, which shows us what kind of leader Jon is. This is his season to show if he is capable of leading/ruling/making decisions but you want him to stay and chill at the wall.

Honestly, I find it a bit funny when people say "this scene/storyline is pointless" when they have no idea of what's coming. Tyene seducing Bronn was not pointless, she increased his blood rate which helped spread the poison quicker and made him dependent on her. Bronn will maybe be thinking that Jaime's mission was foolish and doesn't benefit him much, he might turn against him. Understandably though it was hard to concentrate on the scene Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed May 27, 2015 3:41 pm

+1 Urban

To add to that,  Disagree with people who are stating Reek's well Reek and he wont snap. If he aint snapping, then theres a reason for that.

You guys have seen what the psycho sonofabtch did to him. Its not just torture. Its much much more.

Theres a scene, in fact 2 scenes, in the last season and in the one before that, which in this context is ( now becoming) extremely vital.
A scene where Ramsay tells him to shave his beard with father Bolton watching. He could have sliced his throat open. But he didnt (couldnt).  
Of course he could have gotten killed if he did that. But there was a time when he wanted just that, if you remember.

I mean theres another scene duration the torture, just after he got castrated and Ramsay is munching on his sausage. Theon begs him to 'Kill him'. At that point he wanted an escape from the ordeal even if its death, he just wanted an end to the misery.

Going back to the shaving scene, there it was, what he wanted. In fact more. He could have gotten an escape by means of death (at the hands of Boltons) and in addition to that and more importantly could have avenged for what ramsay did by simply applying little more pressure on his neck with that blade.

But he couldnt. That was the state he had reached. Beyond redemption and revenge. The same guy who thought theres freedom in death and wished for that once, couldnt take it when it was plainly offered to him. Thats how much he had fallen.
Now for ramsay, it was a carefully constructed plan. He knew he had total control over him and he was sure that theon's metamorphosis is done fully.

But as far as theon goes, he neither wanted revenge nor death at this point. Instead he just wanted to be his master's loyal reek for the rest of his life. And then with every passing episode (time) situation only worsened.

So you see, its not that easy. The snap. Its far more shittier than you think it is.
But yea Step by step he will get there.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Wed May 27, 2015 7:10 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:@elitedam, i kinda disagree, i think that Jon's arc is sort of filler-ish. Brb going to hardhome to rescue wildling families, then what? It feels like they just gave him something to do to occupy himself the rest of the season. I do however agree with you on Cersei and Tommen.

I guess I wasn't very clear but I agree with you about Jon's side quest.

urbaNRoots wrote:
elitedam wrote:I thought it was another meh episode.

I'll try to answer some of your questions:

1) Why would Cersei use the moral highground to go after the queen?
- Cersei is not a smart person, if you remember Tywin "I don't distrust you because you're a woman; I distrust you because you're not as smart as you think you are"

Her motivations for going after Margaery are clear though from the very first scene of the season. And not without cause, Margaery has schemed to remove Cersei from power from the moment she arrived in KL.

2. Tommen can't do much, because if he does bring the army as Cersei said "You'll know who the first loss of that war will be". The other point is that he is weak. Even Daario who is not the smartest dude says "All rulers are butchers or meat". Tommen is meat because he has no one guiding him after Tywin's death.

3. I don't understand this "side-quest" you guys are mentioning. He is Lord Commander and this is an important unpopular decision he has taken, which shows us what kind of leader Jon is. This is his season to show if he is capable of leading/ruling/making decisions but you want him to stay and chill at the wall.

Honestly, I find it a bit funny when people say "this scene/storyline is pointless" when they have no idea of what's coming. Tyene seducing Bronn was not pointless, she increased his blood rate which helped spread the poison quicker and made him dependent on her. Bronn will maybe be thinking that Jaime's mission was foolish and doesn't benefit him much, he might turn against him. Understandably though it was hard to concentrate on the scene Laughing

1. I guess I never got the impression that Cersei is or is supposed to be stupid. Maybe it's because she's being played by a really great actress but I don't know. It's still incredibly stupid though.

2. I don't think that's true at all. I think Cersei said that to Tommen so he wouldn't try to get his queen back. I don't think the religious fanatics would just kill the prisoners. Especially since there hasn't even been a trial yet. If they kill them out of spite or revenge for Tommen sending troops then they'd lose the moral highground and their entire cult dies.

3. It's not that his quest is unimportant. It's just that it's nowhere near as interesting as what's gonna take place between Ramsay and Stannis. But that's just minor nitpicking by me. His journey could be really interesting.

4. You may be right, but that's extremely silly. If you need to seduce your target after you poisoned them for it to be effective than you're using the wrong poison. And why did she give him the antidote? Because he had a nice singing voice? She doesn't know who he is or what he was doing there. So right now, that scene is either pointless or stupid. It's pointless right now but if it does have an impact later on than it'll just be stupid.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 27, 2015 7:26 pm

Nah she didn't NEED to necessarily, the poison is working, but she's being playful and trolling Bronn - trying to win him over hence the antidote.

I just think it's unfair to call it pointless or stupid until we know the reason why she's saving him. If it turns out to be nothing then I will be the first to add this scene to the other awful Dornish scenes so far.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 27, 2015 7:31 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:3. I don't understand this "side-quest" you guys are mentioning. He is Lord Commander and this is an important unpopular decision he has taken, which shows us what kind of leader Jon is. This is his season to show if he is capable of leading/ruling/making decisions but you want him to stay and chill at the wall.
Amen
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 28, 2015 1:28 am

https://i.imgur.com/dXc40Uq.jpg
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 32 ... 43  Next