McAgger
Jonathan28
zigra
urbaNRoots
BarrileteCosmico
25 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 4 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:43 pm

I was a big fan of high septon = Howland Reed but that one has been shot down by Elio Garcia (superfan and collaborator of GURM) so it's unlikely to happen. Now I'd say I'm pretty for Jon Snow finding Rhaeghar's harp in Lyanna' s crypt.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 4 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:16 pm

Which begs the question. What's High Septon's game?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:11 pm

Honestly I don't think there's something special about him other than that he tries to do what's best/increase the influence of the Seven in the (new) king and his kingdom. I believe he will open the gates of KL to Aegon once he gets there. Aegon is of the Seven unlike Stannis or Euron and isn't a bastard like Tommen and Myrcella and the High Septon would have high influence under his rule.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:01 pm

This is by far the best theory. Supassed E=MC square.

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/30mat2/spoilers_all_ddt_a_neverbeforeseen_theory/
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:30 am

M99 wrote:This is by far the best theory. Supassed E=MC square.

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/30mat2/spoilers_all_ddt_a_neverbeforeseen_theory/

the comments though Laughing
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:17 pm

Anyone who's seen the leaks? Don't really want to watch shitty quality so I didn't bother but it seems many book readers are quite pissed?
Of course that's hardly news Laughing but still would like to know if there are big changes?
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:48 pm

zigra wrote:Anyone who's seen the leaks? Don't really want to watch shitty quality so I didn't bother but it seems many book readers are quite pissed?
Of course that's hardly news Laughing but still would like to know if there are big changes?

Watched episode 1. Do you really want to know or just wait four hours and find out yourself?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:58 pm

zigra wrote:Anyone who's seen the leaks? Don't really want to watch shitty quality so I didn't bother but it seems many book readers are quite pissed?

Book readers are always pissed Razz

I watched "The Wars to Come" and "House of Black and White" though I shouldn't have tbh.

S05E01 & S05E02 spoilers

Spoiler:

(If this is not allowed, pls delete mods/RG)
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:04 am

I guess I can wait if it's only the first or probably I will just watch the crappy quality hmm

It's not abut details btw, just not sure if I really want to stay awake till 4am to watch it after all the rage I've seen.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:08 am

Should've refreshed the page Embarassed
Thank you urban. Not exactly happy about most of that stuff. Have to wait to see how it pans out but considering I'm tired already I certainly won't stay awake to wait for it Laughing
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:11 am

Meh. It's the book thread. We don't care here lol. But I won't read the spoilers till I watch the eps tho
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:43 am

urbaNRoots wrote:

Book readers are always pissed Razz

I watched "The Wars to Come" and "House of Black and White" though I shouldn't have tbh.

S05E01 & S05E02 spoilers

Spoiler:

(If this is not allowed, pls delete mods/RG)

Spoiler:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:59 am

I watched the episodes, I thought they were alright, but yeah, I'm not sure whether you can even call this an adaptation anymore, D&D have taken it off on a completely different path.

It makes sense, since the book series isn't actually finished so HBO have to pretty much wing it the rest of the way, but yeah, even though the TV show is going to get a similar ending to the books, the path there is going to be completely different, and I mean COMPLETELY different.

D&D are on their own now and no longer have the detailed work of GRRM to fall back on, if the show starts to suck really bad from here on out, all the blame will fall on them, and rightfully so, because goddman I'm still not a fan of the
Spoiler:
change, it feels like a huge mistake on D&D's part.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:24 am

I think it's fine honestly. TWD strayed quite a ways from the comics the first few seasons, but has been able to veer back towards them somewhat with this latest season. GOT can do something similar. Just because it goes away from the books doesn't necessarily mean it stays that way.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:30 am

The way I see it now, it's two different stories from the same universe. It's good in a way, because TV/Film adaptations never do justice to the book they are based on - as a bibliophile, that's honestly how I feel each time I watch an adaptation.

The fact that they're telling a different story is actually palatable from that point of view. It's the equivalent of reading fan fiction or watching a video on alternate history. The series has a lot of good things and I decided for myself that the story deviations should not affect that experience. :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:24 pm

GRRM confirms TWOW will not be released in 2015.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/419601.html?thread=21022481#t21022481
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:27 pm

Of course, it probably won't be available in 2016 either if I had to bet.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:20 pm

What did they change from the books in this episode?

I don't think Mance is dead, with the way they kept switching camera from him to what's his face.

Varys is the obvious change. Wonder if Tyrion will get kidnapped and sold to slavery at all?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:34 pm

RealGunner wrote:What did they change from the books in this episode?

I don't think Mance is dead, with the way they kept switching camera from him to what's his face.

Varys is the obvious change. Wonder if Tyrion will get kidnapped and sold to slavery at all?

The valonqar prophecy doesn't exist.
Mance Rayder burns for real, no glamour, no tricks, he burns atleast until Jon takes him out,
Sansa is marrying Ramsay Bolton, Robin Arryn stays at Runestone.
Brienne/Pod are heading North to protect Sansa

And yeah Varys' motivations are completely different, nothing says like "saving the country" by starting a war helping a person who has Dothraki rapists in her army and dragons who eat and burn people and all this just before winter comes. He's so full of shit, I think I like Baelish more, atleast he isn't deluding himself.

As for Tyrion, yeah he gets captured first by Jorah then they both get captured by this Malko (who we thought is Moqorro Sad) and sold to Yezzan and then somehow ends in Hizdahr's service while Jorah fights in the fighting pits.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:46 pm

Volanqar mentioned 3 questions. Thought she was going to say those 3 prophecies but she only mentioned like two things.

How can sansa marry Ramsay when they showed fake arya last year? Also where is that story going if she IS marrying him? Kill him in his sleep lol?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:58 pm

I meant the "your little brother will choke the life out of you" prophecy, but as you said the dream could come back later maybe.

fArya was not shown last year, unless you mean Myranda who is Ramsay's sidekick, she's just some girl from the Dreadfort who replaces Ramsay's buddies in the books.

It appears that Sansa will take Manderlys role, not literally eating Freys but in the sense that she'll try to mess up the Boltons from the inside while Stannis attacks Winterfell while Littlefinger is Lady Dustin, the uncertain ally. Obviously their plans will fail and Theon rescues Sansa with the help of Brienne maybe? Dunno. Willing to wait and see what happens, I'm sure it will be more dramatic than Sansa's AFFC arc, I just hope these plans made by LF/Roose/Sansa actually make sense.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:42 pm

This is going to be awful. Sansa's arc is easily one of the most interesting one in the books atm.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:31 am

If only TWOW flowed like GRRM's comments about puppygate we would have had it years ago.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:35 am

About the Janos scene:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:14 am

If they omit the greatest dialogue sequence in the entire book series then I will be pissed as hell. They HAVE TO INCLUDE MELLISANDRE AND JON SCENES. They were the best part of ADWD.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:47 pm

srigooner wrote:bibliophile, that's honestly how I feel each time I watch an adaptation.

Bibliophile
Post in the Malazan Book of The Fallen thread

Choose one Razz

Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next