Kaladin
Casciavit
Cruijf
dostoevsky
9 posters

Go down

Chievo Verona vs AC Milan Empty Chievo Verona vs AC Milan

Post by dostoevsky Sat 28 Feb 2015 - 5:27

Diego Lopez and Mexes return to the squad for our trip to Chievo, whilst Paletta has been declared fit but Rami misses through injury. Even during a time of great uncertainty in the past few years, we've continued to secure results against Chievo on a regular basis. Having suffered a 3-0 defeat to Empoli, Chievo will be desperate to put in a more determined performance, especially with the looming threat of a relegation battle, however we should have enough to grind out a win. Despite our issues with the team, we can not expect significant improvements week to week and with his job on the line, Inzaghi is unlikely to experiment greatly, so at best we can simply hope for a professional performance that secures three points. What would be nice to see is some stability in our starting eleven but if Inzaghi persists with the diamond we will likely struggle once more for width down the right. Bonera does well for a central defender but the contrast with a proper fullback such as Antonelli is telling.

We've a difficult run coming up in a month's time so it's vital that we get points against the likes of Chievo now. The potential to build momentum during a relatively easy period was squandered in the first half of the season. Let us hope the team and Inzaghi have learnt from their mistakes.

Chievo Verona Squad: Bizzarri, Bardi, Seculin, Gamberini, Biraghi, Zukanovic, Cesar, Sardo, Dainelli, Mattiello, Radovanovic, Christiansen, Izco, Cofie, Schelotto, Hetemaj, Fetfatzidis, Birsa, Vajushi, Pellissier, Paloschi, Meggiorini, Pozzi

AC Milan Squad: Abbiati, Diego Lopez, Gori, Antonelli, Alex, Bocchetti, Bonera, Calabria, Mexes, Paletta, Essien, De Jong, Montolivo, Muntari, Poli, Suso, Van Ginkel, Bonaventura, Cerci, Destro, Honda, Menez, Pazzini

Last edited by dostoevsky on Sat 28 Feb 2015 - 11:31; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated with Chievo's squad)
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Chievo Verona vs AC Milan Empty Re: Chievo Verona vs AC Milan

Post by Cruijf Sat 28 Feb 2015 - 17:39

Important match in our relegation battle :coffee:
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat 28 Feb 2015 - 20:45

Milan (4-3-1-2): Diego Lopez; Bonera, Alex, Bocchetti, Antonelli; Poli, De Jong, Montolivo; Bonaventura; Menez, Destro.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat 28 Feb 2015 - 23:00

Inzaghi's flick the highlight of the match
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Sat 28 Feb 2015 - 23:06

Just finished watching another exhilarating, breathtaking wonder-show from Milan against Uefa Champions League runners-up Chievo. Milan's passing game, led by captain Bonera, was so fluid the team could even manage three successive passes before fumbling it.

You know, from a personal viewpoint, the worst thing I can say about my team is that they haven't managed to worry me in a long time. I mean, it is the 87th minute at Bentegodi and the team is "trying" to attack, but I don't shake my legs, stand up, scream or bite my nails. I lie on the couch, still, cold, and watch on as our midfield-less mess of a team embarrasses itself to the point it's so funny, it's not funny any more.

At this juncture, when well-known professionals such as Poli simply CANNOT manage a healthy short pass, it's impossible to assess just to what extent Inzaghi is at fault. You can't implement tactics in a team that can't manage to control the ball properly, can't pass it accurately and quickly enough, and don't have the enthusiasm to paper over their technical malfunction.

It is this last thing, the lost enthusiasm, which propels me to think maybe Inzaghi's time IS really up. Like I've always said, I ain't a fan of changing coaches, especially this unlucky guy, but something needs to be moved.

Guys, where are we? What have we done? What are we gonna do?
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Sat 28 Feb 2015 - 23:13

This "team" does not have an identity. All I see is a group of individuals trying to achieve the same goal but in completely different ways.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Sat 28 Feb 2015 - 23:27

Spot on, MilanDevil.

There is no dominant leader, there is no talisman to look up to, there is no clear strategy to our game (no matter right or wrong) and the players always looked like they were WAITING for something to HAPPEN. Only a proactive team can pull itself up and out of this deep crap, and we are the antithesis to that.

One thing I also feel like sharing is how disgusted I am with the way we seem obsessed with keeping possession. It feels unoriginal, and our players are frankly too inept to manage possession decently. Why don't we put the speedsters on the flanks, give the opponents the ball, then wait for the right moment to attack all over? Oh, right. My bad: we have NO midfield and defense to contain the opposition's movements.
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Sun 1 Mar 2015 - 5:31

If the club does not improve next season, I will no longer be a fan. It seems that every year, the state of the club either stays the same or gets worse.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sun 1 Mar 2015 - 14:57

I said it months ago, and say it now again, I can only blame pippo for this mess, I see no improvement in our game. And to say Pippo is not to be blamed is just hiding from our problems, we have better players in every position than before, even the players we have that played under Allegri and Seedorf and still play under Pippo have seriously declined, previously we use to say that Ibrahim and SES bailed Allegri out time in time out, now it is Lopez bailing Inzaghi but we still sit 9th (lol).
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sun 1 Mar 2015 - 14:58

I called for Spalleti months ago and wish we get him today before it's too late
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 1 Mar 2015 - 16:19

well said everyone. I knew that we will suffer as the management half decades ago were warned by peers, fans, journalists even rivals that if we dont focus on replacing old players milan will suffer. But I didn't expect management to be so stupid enough. What Milan is right now is because of management's gross negligence. berlusconi is responsible but so is galliani. he is always looking for free transfer where he could have brought a great technical director who knows what kind of players milan need, youth and talented and make our club filled with talents. Instead we have players coming from mediocre clubs, free transfers, players who are past their best, and rejects from other clubs.

galliani should be fired for this!!! and inzaghi??? he is worst than allegri... what happened to seedorf is really sad.

and I am pissed off still that guys like montolivo and de scilgio said seedorf was fired because he didnt listen to what players have to say!

well what kind of times we have come into where coach has to listen to what players have to say??? bs!!

i would say galliani and his staffs are also responsible for this along with berlusconi and they all deserve to be fired!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 1 Mar 2015 - 16:20

and i would be happy if de sciglio and montolivo is sold... they seriously suck.. well in fact almost all our players suck!! thanks to galliani!!!

and they still talk about patience and injuries. almost half a decade gone and nothings being done!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Mon 2 Mar 2015 - 0:36

•MilanDevil• wrote:If the club does not improve next season, I will no longer be a fan. It seems that every year, the state of the club either stays the same or gets worse.

Good riddance then.

A fan can be upset that their club isn't being properly managed. A fan can be upset that the team isn't being properly represented by players, coaches, and management. A fan can feel this way, because a fan loves the club.

A "fan" that will bail on the club when things aren't going smoothly, isn't actually a fan. Football is a cyclical sport. Even the best teams will falter for certain periods. Within a decade, a league can go from being the best in the world to having such a paucity of talent that no great player in their prime would think of playing there.

This isn't the first time Milan has gone through a rough period, and it won't be the last. But fans stick with the club through all the glory and all the shit.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Mon 2 Mar 2015 - 2:00

Maybe I should reword that, I will not be a fan of the team not the club (that would be way too difficult). The current state is horrendous and the current Milan has lost its true identity even if its rough times. What happened to the family atmosphere of Milan or the passion that the players used to play with?

Basically, I would be taking an approach similar to that of Boban, while also watching another team play (probably Barca since they are my 2nd team).
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Mon 2 Mar 2015 - 3:21

•MilanDevil• wrote:Maybe I should reword that, I will not be a fan of the team not the club (that would be way too difficult). The current state is horrendous and the current Milan has lost its true identity even if its rough times. What happened to the family atmosphere of Milan or the passion that the players used to play with?

Basically, I would be taking an approach similar to that of Boban, while also watching another team play (probably Barca since they are my 2nd team).

I was a bit harsh. I understand not being a fan of this team, which if we're being honest, can hardly be considered a team at all atm.

Haha do yourself a favour and watch some other teams play football, because watching Milan these days can't be good for our health.

Brighter days are ahead though. Milan will rise again, they always do. Word is the club was just bought for $1 billion by a Lebanese group. If that's the case, we could become one of those oil-money clubs that seem to do so well!

Source: http://ivm.ilcalciomagazine.it/berlusconi-milan-vendita-esclusiva-ivm/

Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Mon 2 Mar 2015 - 6:29

I think Milan will eventually be sold off but I don't know when, and with Berlusconi in charge, business will be extremely difficult for the buyers. The club is able to attract investors because it already has the resources to rise back to the top and it would only require smart decisions to do that.

I am currently watching some Genoa matches, mainly because of Niang. However, I have been fairly impressed by their playing style

Also, with regards to this match, I think Bonaventura, Bochetti, Lopez, and Antonelli performed best; I hope the others raise their game but that seems very unlikely given our situation and our amateurish coach.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon 2 Mar 2015 - 21:57

I really don't get it. It's March and we have no identity or playing style. We lack any sort of positional discipline and we have no ideas on how to attack.

It seems like he just picks 11 players and tells them to defend with a 4-4-2 and attack with a 4-3-1-2. We have no attacking strategy, everyone is all over the place.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon 2 Mar 2015 - 23:25

I don't know what to say, its depressing and at the same time I can't even see where improvement might come from. We aren't investing in youth and the team we do have if anything has regressed. Can you honestly say we should expect a better Milan in 5 years? I know football is football and anything can happen, but I really can't see us returning to the top anytime soon.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Tue 3 Mar 2015 - 7:58

Cruijf wrote:I don't know what to say, its depressing and at the same time I can't even see where improvement might come from. We aren't investing in youth and the team we do have if anything has regressed. Can you honestly say we should expect a better Milan in 5 years? I know football is football and anything can happen, but I really can't see us returning to the top anytime soon.

There is news of a possible sale and it is being hinted at by Maroni, the president of Lombardy, I believe it was also mentioned by journalists with insiders in Finivest. The report that Cookie Monster has provided along with the other sources say that the sale will be confirmed at the end of the season. A club with Milan's stature can rise quickly with some smart moves; we do not require building the entire club like what happened with Man City.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed 4 Mar 2015 - 2:15

As nice as that sounds I'm wary of being optimistic. There have been rumors Berlusconi was going to sell us for as long as I've been a fan, they've only intensified in recent years because of how badly we've been doing. And even if we are sold and the ridiculously incompetent management is overhauled, there's no guarantee someone else will be able to do a better job.

This is the age of FFP, where sadly a rich buyer can't save us like Berlusconi once did. If an intelligent and motivated owner comes along and invests in a long term project I'll be delighted, but I'm not too hopeful Sad
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed 4 Mar 2015 - 2:58

FFP is a joke. There are absolutely no meaningful consequences from FFP for someone with money if they want to buy the club and invest heavily. Clubs only get into problems with FFP if they spend big and then run out of money to finance their debts. Man City and, more recently, PSG, have categorically shown that any consequences as a result of quickly investing massive sums of money in a club are negligible, if not, non-existent. More to the point, restrictions imposed on clubs as a result of FFP only apply to clubs in UEFA competitions - which we aren't.

Even assuming everything I just said is incorrect, I can live with Milan being out of Europe for an extra year. Why is that? Well, if it means new owners get a chance to take over and renew the team's personnel and rebuild the club to make club it financially sustainable in the long-term, it's still better than our situation now. Namely: 1) out of Europe, 2) with a woeful team and 3) financially unsustainable.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed 4 Mar 2015 - 7:25

I didn't comment immediately after the match because there seemed to be little new information to add. The same lack of movement and tempo that has come to characterise the side under Inzaghi allowed Chievo to comfortably contain our advances. To an extent we are hamstrung by certain injuries, such as to Abate, however Inzaghi has had ample time to accommodate for such absences and we are simply far too predictable. We never put Chievo under sustained pressure and camped outside their box. Indeed we struggled to gain any meaningful possession in the final third, with our best chance of the first half coming from Poli's excellent lofted ball that Destro could unfortunately not make strong contact with. It was no coincidence though that when we did finally create a clear cut chance, it was a long, low percentage ball. We were never in position to send Destro in behind along the ground, we were never in position to combine on the edge of the box to work a shot. Antonelli's initiative on the ball almost led to an excellent chance through the middle but he was unfortunately caught offside, but it was an isolated incident. We pull off nice moves in isolation but such combinations arise as the result of random chance not of preparation. Game to game, our play neither alters in order to probe a specific weakness in our opposition nor do we regularly test the same avenues in order to promote our strengths.

Inzaghi attempted to provide some stability and continuity in deploying the diamond once again however our set up is problematic from the beginning. Our lack of physical dynamism in midfield, the absence of an attacking right back and the movement of our strikers meant that Chievo could squeeze our left hand side and easily cover the passing lanes available to Montolivo, who was also physically hampered in the first half. Bonaventura was essentially asked to play with his back to goal during the first period and lacks the explosiveness and vision to control a game as a trequartista but he found far more success when played deeper after the break. I've often commented this season that I believe his best position is in midfield and whilst he's a good back up to have as a 10, he needs space to operate in which he can only find when starting deeper. This presents the added bonus of allowing Jack to push on forward when Menez or others drop deep rather than creating a numerical imbalance, whilst his skill to combine and hold onto the ball under pressure are needed in the centre.

Our efforts to push for a win were undermined by the unfortunate loss of both Montolivo and De Jong to injury. Whilst it is understandable that Inzaghi wished to bring Cerci on to push for a win, his introduction for De Jong led to us losing control of the game. Poli lacks the defensive presence to anchor the midfield nor can he act as a director of play on the ball and flanked by Jack and Honda our midfield disintegrated in the final minutes offensively, granting control of the ball to Chievo. In all of this, Menez was horrid and offered almost nothing positive throughout, whilst most struggled on with average performances.

The one major positive I thought was Bocchetti who built upon his strong showing last week with another determined and aggressive display. It was not a performance without flaws, with one failed clearance in the first half nearly leading to disaster whilst he picked up a yellow card for a poor and pointless foul but he was impressive overall. It is too early to praise him as we have been playing minnows of late but once more, credit where it is due. His initial games for us were very poor but it remains to be seen whether this was due to a lack of ability when facing more stern opponents or whether it was down to a lack of chemistry with the squad at the time.

JespSwe wrote:and i would be happy if de sciglio and montolivo is sold... they seriously suck.. well in fact almost all our players suck!! thanks to galliani!!!

and they still talk about patience and injuries. almost half a decade gone and nothings being done!!

I can understand criticising the performances of any individual in a particular game but you can't truly believe that the most urgent priority for Milan is that we sell our best midfielder and our only young, versatile defender. Players can't succeed in isolation and everyone is being made to look worse, both offensively and defensively, by our complete lack of a cohesive system, but the solution is not to sell good players.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down