jibers
Ganso
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Harmonica
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is new Barca the next big thing?

Is new Barca the next big thing? Vote_lcap21%Is new Barca the next big thing? Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 5 ]
Is new Barca the next big thing? Vote_lcap38%Is new Barca the next big thing? Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 9 ]
Is new Barca the next big thing? Vote_lcap41%Is new Barca the next big thing? Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 24

Is new Barca the next big thing? Empty Is new Barca the next big thing?

Post by Harmonica Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:55 pm

Master of possession, and counter attack football?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Is new Barca the next big thing? Empty Re: Is new Barca the next big thing?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:56 pm

Inb4 they lose in quarter finals in CL due to many defensive brain farts hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:56 pm

The jinx has been planted, Barca to end the season with 0 trophies again
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:57 pm

Masters of possession? That is Bayern Munich. Barcelona rely too heavily on individual brilliance rather than the structure of the team to facilitate play. I still think Madrid with their best 11 are slightly ahead of them.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:58 pm

Those counterattacks were ridiculous in the 1st half.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:00 pm

jibers wrote:Masters of possession? That is Bayern Munich. Barcelona rely too heavily on individual brilliance rather than the structure of the team to facilitate play. I still think Madrid with their best 11 are slightly ahead of them.
Barcelona relyed individual brilliance in the peak of their powers, Messi vs Madrid 10-11. So nothing has changed with that.

But now Barcelona has a massive plan B.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:02 pm

Harmonica wrote:
jibers wrote:Masters of possession? That is Bayern Munich. Barcelona rely too heavily on individual brilliance rather than the structure of the team to facilitate play. I still think Madrid with their best 11 are slightly ahead of them.
Barcelona relyed individual brilliance in the peak of their powers, Messi vs Madrid 10-11. So nothing has changed with that.

There was still a system and a structure around the team to enable Messi to play better under Pep. The fact is Messi is the best attacker I have ever seen. If a team stops him now, Barcelona will have a problem creating. He is always involved in all the goals. I feel the central mf is not involved enough in the build up play. I agree that Neymar and Suarez give Barcelona a certain amount of flexibility but if Messi is stopped, Barcelona can be stopped.

Last edited by jibers on Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:03 pm

1 month ago there were talks whether Barca will be capable to win a trophy this season and now we are talking about them being the next big thing Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:13 pm

jibers wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

There was still a system and a structure around the team to enable Messi to play better under Pep. The fact is Messi is the best attacker I have ever seen. If a team stops him now, Barcelona will have a problem creating. He is always involved in all the goals. I feel the central mf is not involved enough in the build up play. I agree that Neymar and Suarez give Barcelona a certain amount of flexibility but if Messi is stopped, Barcelona can be stopped.
But if you stop Messi, that will leave space to others, surely that's a law of physics.
Yes, if you stop Messi today, Barca loses, but you are suggesting fouling in the midfield, which will produce yellows and reds, and that again should enable Barca win.

Barcelona's problem has been many years, what if we can't keep possession and reduce attacks, and produce attacks. Now I see no problem in it, let them attack us...
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:20 pm

Harmonica wrote:
jibers wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

But if you stop Messi, that will leave space to others, surely that's a law of physics.
Yes, if you stop Messi today, Barca loses, but you are suggesting fouling in the midfield, which will produce yellows and reds, and that again should enable Barca win.

Barcelona's problem has been many years, what if we can't keep possession and reduce attacks, and produce attacks. Now I see no problem in it, let them attack us...

Messi is still the one that provides most of the pre assists like he did today. Madrid put a bank to stop him and so Suarez and Nerman couldn't really get into the game. I agree that the counters are good and add a bit of variation. Iniesta needs to stuop being used as cover for Alba because I feel too much creative and play initiating is on Messi's shoulders. When it clicks it is amazing.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:36 pm

jibers wrote:
Harmonica wrote:
jibers wrote:

Messi is still the one that provides most of the pre assists like he did today. Madrid put a bank to stop him and so Suarez and Nerman couldn't really get into the game. I agree that the counters are good and add a bit of variation. Iniesta needs to stuop being used as cover for Alba because I feel too much creative and play initiating is on Messi's shoulders. When it clicks it is amazing.
Yes, that's true, but now Messi has more options, than before. And it seems to be a game breaker atm.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:12 pm

Harmonica wrote:
jibers wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

It has taken you this long to realise this? Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:13 pm

Laughing This was our plan B under Tata as well, but never as well executed. Plus he got crucified when he did it (lower posession). This year it seems accepted by our fans
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:15 pm

Tata had the glorious idea to play Neymar on the right wing to accomodate Fabregas. Time after time after time.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:15 pm

Kick wrote:
Harmonica wrote:
jibers wrote:

It has taken you this long to realise this? Laughing
Ummm, no?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:19 pm

Fußball wrote:Tata had the glorious idea to play Neymar on the right wing to accomodate Fabregas. Time after time after time.

Iniesta as left-forward was really helpfull as well.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:20 pm

Collblanc wrote:
Fußball wrote:Tata had the glorious idea to play Neymar on the right wing to accomodate Fabregas. Time after time after time.

Iniesta as left-forward was really helpfull as well.

Messi being told not to drop deep also helped...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:22 pm

In conclusion; Tata screwed that plan up. But I'd say Lucho has a (very?) good starting 11 now with 2 proper tactics. I'm happy to reach semi-final CL, take the copa and take the title. Job well done so far.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:45 am

So I assume Lucho is back in the good graces of Barcelona fans?!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:49 am

If he sticks to this starting eleven, yes.Dont forget he lost his 'grace' by starting 23 different eleven 23 games in a row. Also excluding Messi and Neymar in critical matches.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:04 am

Doc wrote:So I assume Lucho is back in the good graces of Barcelona fans?!
Lucho stopped managing the team after the Real Sociedad match. This is all coach Messi.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:05 am

Can't wait till we knock them out of CL. Azpi Zouma Terry and Iva are going to smoke Messi's, Suarez's and Neymar's skulls.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:22 am

Katy Perry wrote:Can't wait till we knock them out of CL. Azpi Zouma Terry and Iva are going to smoke Messi's, Suarez's and Neymar's skulls.
Laughing
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:20 pm

Coachessi
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:35 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Doc wrote:So I assume Lucho is back in the good graces of Barcelona fans?!
Lucho stopped managing the team after the Real Sociedad match. This is all coach Messi.

Sigh. He just can't catch a break.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next