McLewis
rwo power
sportsczy
51 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

US Presidential Race - Page 19 Empty Re: US Presidential Race

Post by Pedram Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:37 pm

footyfan01 wrote:See, Iowa did not have a huge turnout. 18-30 people constituted around 18%(moderate) of the votes this time vs 23% incase of Obama. If we had that turnout, Sanders would have swept by 6-7 points.

Sanders won a whopping 86% odd the votes under 30 & won a good majority of votes under 45. Clinton gained huge in over 65 who was the biggest constituent.

This kind of lead among young people is unheard of. Also, Sanders probably won the popular votes (or maybe not?)

There were 6 Coin Tosses (to settle ties) & Clinton won all 6 (unreal). In the end she won by 2 or 3.

In the end - Clinton 22, Sanders 21, 1 more will probably be decided by O Malley supporters in March (O Malley quit)

Sanders has the young people but they are also the laziest type of voters, if your whole campaign is based on the youth's vote you're pretty much done.

If Sanders really want to win this election he needs to divide Clinton's base of support, he should work on moderates and centrists democrats, black people and hispanic.

Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:04 pm

Pedram wrote:
footyfan01 wrote:See, Iowa did not have a huge turnout. 18-30 people constituted around 18%(moderate) of the votes this time vs 23% incase of Obama. If we had that turnout, Sanders would have swept by 6-7 points.

Sanders won a whopping 86% odd the votes under 30 & won a good majority of votes under 45. Clinton gained huge in over 65 who was the biggest constituent.

This kind of lead among young people is unheard of. Also, Sanders probably won the popular votes (or maybe not?)

There were 6 Coin Tosses (to settle ties) & Clinton won all 6 (unreal). In the end she won by 2 or 3.

In the end - Clinton 22, Sanders 21, 1 more will probably be decided by O Malley supporters in March (O Malley quit)

Sanders has the young people but they are also the laziest type of voters, if your whole campaign is based on the youth's vote you're pretty much done.

If Sanders really want to win this election he needs to divide Clinton's base of support, he should work on moderates and centrists democrats, black people and hispanic.

Well, duh, if they voted in VERY large numbers then he would have streamrolled Hillary by now. Sanders campaign would not get moderates & centrists. He is a hardcore progressive. And there is nothing wrong with that. Moderates & centrists are a minority in the Democrats today if you take hispanics, blacks, progressives & liberals together.

And Sanders is too left wing & un-mainstream to ever get their vote. He was Independent throughout his life.

Sanders is getting a huge share of liberal & mostly independent vote, bringing new people into the party who are dis-disillusioned with democracy & even Trump supporters (a section) are voting for him.

I think he will get a section of the Hispanics but blacks remain the problem. They form a huge chunk of the Democrat party (20-25-30% ODD if i am not wrong) & Hillary is getting 75% or more of those votes.

Let's see if the firewall will break. Bernie's campaign will be about Independents, progressives & Young voters mainly though. 84% to 14% of young voters is astounding. Unreal numbers

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:04 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2xTwsDsVR0 - Sanders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPtZHiN1DEc - Hillary

NH Democrat Town Hall meeting with audience questions.
On CNN - Moderated by Anderson Cooper (Fantastic moderator)

IMO Hillary beat about the bush on most questions & royally screwed up in Goldman Sachs & Iraq questions. Sanders did very well & connected. NH should be a big win for Bernie

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:15 am

Hillary's response to the Goldman-Sachs question was absolutely dire. Haven't seen the thing though, just read about it.

Anyway I still find NH trivial. Unless he wins big and has momentum with minorities swing to him (and I don't see why it would), he's still got his work cut out for him with minorities. He could do it, but it would be very, very difficult and he needs to improve his numbers.

On the other side, I think Rubio might be shaping up for a run. Getting as much of the vote as he did in Iowa being the only real establishment candidate. I'm not happy, because he is much more electable than Cruz or Trump imo. Both of them have no chance in a general election...Rubio on the other hand...I could see him winning, as awful as it would be.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:32 am

Can someone sum up in short lines what is happening ATM?
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:07 pm

Freeza wrote:
VendettaRed07 wrote:
Freeza wrote:The whole American voting system is f'ed up. It's really no secret. No idea why every vote doesn't count. This whole winner takes all stuff is plain retarded. It even resulted in Bush winning despite getting the fewest number of votes. After that incident, there should've been people wanting it changed.

Don't know if it's like this outside of the presidential election though.
In regards to the electoral system, it's that way because we are such a large and economically diverse country we have ways to protect and give power to minority opinions and balancing acts to give more weight to low population states. If elections were all decided by popular votes, candidates would only need to go to New York, California and Texas, etc. the electoral system protects the interests of low population states and their needs.

But in regards to the caucusing thing they do on the democratic primary side in Iowa, it's a load of hogwash really.

Isn't the number of delegates relative to each state anyways? It's stupid all around and not democratic. To even have the option that you can have a guy getting a lesser amount of votes and still win is not democratic in any way at all. Can't see how you can even debate that. Each vote should mean something, which it doesn't when delegates from losing parties aren't accounted for, basically making all votes for the losing party a waste.

Each vote does mean something. Just not as much as you perceive that it should, which is a different argument. Your vote counts towards a candidate winning your local region, district or state. How much that win is worth is weighted depending on a variety of factors.

This system is in place to protect the values of lower population regions and help give them say on what laws or policies are enforced on them. If it was all popular vote high populas areas would be dictating how smaller states and regions with different demographics and economies are governed.

And going back to the 2000 election, it wasn't controversial due to GWB getting less votes as much as it was a constitutional crisis because they couldn't decide who won Florida. The Supreme Court used arbitrary logic and overstepped their boundaries and handed the election to Bush.

Last edited by VendettaRed07 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:11 pm

CBarca wrote:Hillary's response to the Goldman-Sachs question was absolutely dire. Haven't seen the thing though, just read about it.

Anyway I still find NH trivial. Unless he wins big and has momentum with minorities swing to him (and I don't see why it would), he's still got his work cut out for him with minorities. He could do it, but it would be very, very difficult and he needs to improve his numbers.

On the other side, I think Rubio might be shaping up for a run. Getting as much of the vote as he did in Iowa being the only real establishment candidate. I'm not happy, because he is much more electable than Cruz or Trump imo. Both of them have no chance in a general election...Rubio on the other hand...I could see him winning, as awful as it would be.

It's inexplicable to me how Hillary and her team have not come up with any responses to the campaign finance and speaking fees questions despite how they know they are coming and it is her opponents primary attack on her.

VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:25 pm

HillDawg won that debate in my opinion.

That part about progressives was golden. Bernie tried to back off and call Obama progressive was cringeworthy.

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:47 pm

Hillary Clinton got booed by the audience very loudly in this debate for twisting(lying) and attacking Sanders. This is a first for a Democratic debate, so it will be 1st time a candidate got booed this bad in Democrat debate & still claim to have a solid win

I thought btw that this was Hillary's strongest debate. I was disappointed that Sanders is giving Hillary a free pass while she can twist things and attack him. And he was weak on foreign policy apart from a very good answer in the North Korea question. He has work to do on that field, although Obama was a noob in foreign policy in this stage too.

Hillary did manage to ward off the progressive thing though. How on earth can she even call herself "Progressive" is beyond me. No-one buys it but still she was forceful & very strong on that.

The lowest moment in the debate for me (apart from Hillary getting booed) is  the "I am a woman" thing when she played the gender card, very cheap trick.

Sanders highlight - "You take criminals, lock them up & throw away the key, but I do not believe States should take part in organized killing"

Being an anti-death penalty guy, I was very impressed.

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:52 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:HillDawg won that debate in my opinion.

That part about progressives was golden. Bernie tried to back off and call Obama progressive was cringeworthy.

Obama ran on a progressive agenda. He was called a progressive. Where do you come up with such ridiculous stuff is beyond me.

But after the 1st 1-2 years he moved center vastly & most progressives felt betrayed - But to call him flat out as President not a progressive is not right IMO. In a time when Hillary Clinton is claiming to be progressive, I don't see Obama who is much more progressive than Hillary by light years can not be called a progressive

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:05 pm

The narrative that Bernie doesn't attack Hillary at all and that she stepped over the line by coming after him last night is completely bogus

Bernie has attack her, through a game of insinuation and presenting things to people allowing them to put two and two together. It doesn't really matter if he names her specifically, it's pretty obvious what he's doing

For the record I don't think there's anything wrong with attacks in politics. Obama had no problem doing it to Hillary in 08... But it's stupid how Bernie tries to play it both ways. He basically says things to the effect of " well I never run a negative ad. I have great respect for secretary Clinton.. But she's a bought out wallstreet puppet and will not do anything good for the American people as president and can't be trusted and she's basically a republican".

Doesn't matter how true you think it is it's still an attack though insinuation based on assumptions. He's trying to paint a negative image of his opponent while saying he's not doing it. Either go all the way in or don't.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:33 pm

footyfan01 wrote:

Obama ran on a progressive agenda. He was called a progressive. Where do you come up with such ridiculous stuff is beyond me.

But after the 1st 1-2 years he moved center vastly & most progressives felt betrayed - But to call him flat out as President not a progressive is not right IMO. In a time when Hillary Clinton is claiming to be progressive, I don't see Obama who is much more progressive than Hillary by light years can not be called a progressive

1-2 years as a "Progressive" does not make a progressive presidency. Bernie got caught with his hands in the cookie jar there, and he backed off for dear life.

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:35 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
footyfan01 wrote:

1-2 years as a "Progressive" does not make a progressive presidency. Bernie got caught with his hands in the cookie jar there, and he backed off for dear life.

Obama was a progressive all his life. It is another thing that Progressives felt betrayed after he moved center but he has been a progressive all his life.

That was the highlight for me - A fantastic answer, Bernie knew Obama was a life long progressive, Bernie knew on same issues Obama deviated hugely & he called him out on the Trade Agreement & he disagreed. It was a 50-50 issue & he could have said Obama has moved right & he no longer is a progressive, which would have been way more controversial & would have alienated him from the democratic base.

Perfect answer

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:47 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:The narrative that Bernie doesn't attack Hillary at all and that she stepped over the line by coming after him last night is completely bogus

Bernie has attack her, through a game of insinuation and presenting things to people allowing them to put two and two together. It doesn't really matter if he names her specifically, it's pretty obvious what he's doing

For the record I don't think there's anything wrong with attacks in politics. Obama had no problem doing it to Hillary in 08... But it's stupid how Bernie tries to play it both ways. He basically says things to the effect of " well I never run a negative ad. I have great respect for secretary Clinton.. But she's a bought out wallstreet puppet and will not do anything good for the American people as president and can't be trusted and she's basically a republican".

Doesn't matter how true you think it is it's still an attack though insinuation based on assumptions. He's trying to paint a negative image of his opponent while saying he's not doing it. Either go all the way in or don't.

1 - Bernie has the email & Benghazi issue which is a huge issue for Democrat voters. Most people who voted in Iowa in the poll, said it was an issue. He let it pass.

Not one attack on Bill when Bill & Chelsea have speaking shit & lying about repeal of Obamacare

2 - Hillary said she was a champion of LGBT rights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9PRgDzLdx4 - Rachel Maddow contrasts Bernie vs Hillary's records on DOMA - Bernie was one the few people who supported LGBT rights in 1996.

2007 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZkK2_6H9MM
Hillary says she is against Gay Marriage

1995 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GcC34iRNjc
Bernie fighting vs a Republican for insulting gay people in the army

She claims to be a life-long champion of LGBT rights he never calls her out on this

3 - Hillary Clinton was bought by Wall Street & got the bankruptcy bill passed. Elizabeth Warren talks about how Hillary helped her once to get this bill stopped but after being funded by Wall Street money for a Senate run, she changes

2004 Video of Elizabeth Warren - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12mJ-U76nfg

He still does not call her as "Bought" with obvious proof of her being bought

4 - She has received 275,000$ per 1 hour & the Clintons have received 25M $ for paid speeches including huge amount from Wall Street - 20M$ in Campaign money.

Those chat transcripts are hidden - No1 knows what she said - Wall Street has put more money on Hillary than any other Republican.

And She is the only Democrat Candidate against Glass Steagal. Co-incidental?

5 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCjixN6JnjU
Crowd boos Hillary? Have you ever seen this in a Democrat debate?

Why  - She has thrown more mud (Bill, Chelsea, extremist surrogates from NY Times editors to David Brock) but he is not being strict enough with her

Because pointing out to a fact that she received a fortune from Wall Street! Facts are not attacks

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:27 pm

footyfan01 wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:
footyfan01 wrote:

Obama was a progressive all his life. It is another thing that Progressives felt betrayed after he moved center but he has been a progressive all his life.

That was the highlight for me - A fantastic answer, Bernie knew Obama was a life long progressive, Bernie knew on same issues Obama deviated hugely & he called him out on the Trade Agreement & he disagreed. It was a 50-50 issue & he could have said Obama has moved right & he no longer is a progressive, which would have been way more controversial & would have alienated him from the democratic base.

Perfect answer

Alinating from the democratic base is an interesting phrase to use there. Would you say, by and large, the vast majority of democrats are happy with Obama.

If the above is the case, then wouldnt the logical next step be a vote for Hilldawg?

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:21 am

footyfan01 wrote:
VendettaRed07 wrote:The narrative that Bernie doesn't attack Hillary at all and that she stepped over the line by coming after him last night is completely bogus

1 - Bernie has the email & Benghazi issue which is a huge issue for Democrat voters. Most people who voted in Iowa in the poll, said it was an issue. He let it pass.

Not one attack on Bill when Bill & Chelsea have speaking shit & lying about repeal of Obamacare

2 - Hillary said she was a champion of LGBT rights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9PRgDzLdx4 - Rachel Maddow contrasts Bernie vs Hillary's records on DOMA - Bernie was one the few people who supported LGBT rights in 1996.

2007 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZkK2_6H9MM
Hillary says she is against Gay Marriage

1995 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GcC34iRNjc
Bernie fighting vs a Republican for insulting gay people in the army

She claims to be a life-long champion of LGBT rights he never calls her out on this

3 - Hillary Clinton was bought by Wall Street & got the bankruptcy bill passed. Elizabeth Warren talks about how Hillary helped her once to get this bill stopped but after being funded by Wall Street money for a Senate run, she changes

He still does not call her as "Bought" with obvious proof of her being bought

4 - She has received 275,000$ per 1 hour & the Clintons have received 25M $ for paid speeches including huge amount from Wall Street - 20M$ in Campaign money.

Those chat transcripts are hidden - No1 knows what she said - Wall Street has put more money on Hillary than any other Republican.

And She is the only Democrat Candidate against Glass Steagal. Co-incidental?

5 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCjixN6JnjU
Crowd boos Hillary? Have you ever seen this in a Democrat debate?

Why  - She has thrown more mud (Bill, Chelsea, extremist surrogates from NY Times editors to David Brock) but he is not being strict enough with her

Because pointing out to a fact that she received a fortune from Wall Street! Facts are not attacks

Congratulations on putting on that work into a post after missing the point entirely

Actually, facts are attacks. If you attack someone and say something that isn't true, it's you know, slander.

She has also said a standard of a Supreme Court judge would be to overturn Citizens United. She actually presents her own plans to reform wallstreet. It's actually an incredibly detailed plan. Never once has sanders mentioned the details of the plan or why they aren't good enough. He just mentions her connections and basically alludes to saying it doesn't matter what she says she's lying and won't do anything to fix the problem.

That's an attack. He dances around the issue and wants to have it both ways. Not playing a dirty campaign while also making insinuations about his apponents motives. If you agree with sanders that's fine. If you think that's true that's fine as well. But Bernie should be more direct it's dishonest of him to say he isn't attacking her credibility when he obviously is. Your post only further proves that.

Also don't know what the gay marriage issue has anything to do with anything. Bernie did not support gay marriage until 2009. He is not a life time supporter of gay rights like people perceive him to be. Regardless of the YouTube videos. Hillary was also the first First Lady to attend a gay pride parade in the 90s. Didn't mean she had come fully around on gay rights at that time, as neither was Bernie during the time of that video.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:00 am

Let's start with LGBT Rights-

Rachel Maddow is a homosexual news-reporter & likes Hillary. Hillary Clinton campaigned for DOMA, Bill made it a law. Sanders was one of the few attacking & voting against DOMA. This is 1996
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9PRgDzLdx4

In 2007 Hillary was against Gay Marriage even when Obama was for it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZkK2_6H9MM

This is 1995 where Bernie is fighting with a republican on the house for insulting homosexuals in the army -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GcC34iRNjc

1st Democrat Debate, Anderson Cooper, another homosexual news-reporter & CNN Anchor asks her why she was against Gay Rights till 2010 & she suddenly changed positions for political gains?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsFjecv3gQA

Bernie Sanders was fighting against the republicans in 1995, one of the very few who voted against DOMA in 1996 & has been pro-gay for 25 years atleast. Contrast that with Hillary on DOMA & till 2010 she said openly she is against GAY Marriage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsFjecv3gQA

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:17 am

Campaign Finance -

Hillary says anything & everything before elections. Let us look the plans

1 - Glass Steagel. Both Bernie & O Malley support it. She does not. Does it have anything to do with Wall Street Finance?

Glass Steagel separates the Investment Banking, Commerical banking & Insurance & prevents IB's from gambling with your money. Democrat Senator & Biggest Progressive Leader Elizabeth Warren on how Glass Steagel repeal has caused the crisis -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6rnsLNvXzM

2 - . Elizabeth Warren talks about how Hillary helped her once to get the bankruptcy bill ,very pro-Wall Street & anti-common people, stopped in 2013. She says that after being funded by Wall Street money for a Senate run, she changes stand and helps make that bill a law.

3 - Why is Hillary not releasing her speech transcripts? Why is Wall Street paying her 15M$ in campaign, more than any other Republican?

Why does she have a major Super-Pac funded by Militaristic maniacs & Wall Street people? Why is she not rejecting that donation?

4 - The Clintons together have received 25M$ in speaking fees. Why did she take Million of Dollars throughout 2015 when Goldman Sachs was coming for an agreement for 5M$ settlement? Is this ethical while being on a Presidential Run

5 - This is Joe Biden, Vice-President openly saying money is destroying politics in Democrat primaries 2 days back - It is a direct question mark on Clinton?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d12_XpymTB8

6 - Sanders & O Malley - Support Single Payer , Clinton - No (60-70% of Democrats support Single Payer according to polls). Is it linked with the Drug Companies making Billions of Dollars who are giving her huge money

7 - TPP & Nafta - Sanders against, Clinton - Always for apart from election time.

15$ Minimum Wage through hikes through several years - Sanders & O Malley both commit
Clinton - Against
s this linked with her getting huge money?

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:18 am

Loved this part - Hillary vs Bernie on Capital Punishment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkXKfli47uo

Probably maybe because I am anti-Capital Punishment

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:18 pm

If Bernie becomes the President:
US Presidential Race - Page 19 Normal_1784342129
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:44 pm

(CNN)Hillary Clinton and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, combined to earn more than $153 million in paid speeches from 2001 until Hillary Clinton launched her presidential campaign last spring, a CNN analysis shows.

In total, the two gave 729 speeches from February 2001 until May, receiving an average payday of $210,795 for each address. The two also reported at least $7.7 million for at least 39 speeches to big banks, including Goldman Sachs and UBS, with Hillary Clinton, the Democratic 2016 front-runner, collecting at least $1.8 million for at least eight speeches to big banks.

The analysis was made at a time when Hillary Clinton has been under scrutiny for her ties to Wall Street, which has been a major focus of Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders on the campaign trail.

"What being part of the establishment is, is in the last quarter, having a super PAC that raised $15 million from Wall Street, that throughout one's life raised a whole lot of money from the drug companies and other special interests," Sanders said at Thursday's Democratic debate hosted by MSNBC.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/02/05/politics/hillary-clinton-bill-clinton-paid-speeches/

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:28 am

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:51 pm

Phritz wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Jesus wept!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:49 pm

Phritz wrote:

lmao rofl
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:22 pm

Carson has always looked awkward to me. That just sums it up. NH is his campaign's death knell.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:17 am

Pedram wrote:
Phritz wrote:

lmao rofl