Lupi
Cruijf
McLewis
Kick
Casciavit
Kaladin
10 posters

Go down

Roma vs.....*sigh* Milan.. Empty Roma vs.....*sigh* Milan..

Post by Kaladin Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:19 am

Roma-Milan: Suspended players: Astori, Cholevas, Pjanic.
Roma coach Garcia is also suspended for the match.

Roma vs.....*sigh* Milan.. B5NCgXDCAAA2ITn

I won't be able to watch the match live as i'll be studying for my last exam on Sunday, though i don't need to watch it live to know we're gonna lose
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Roma vs.....*sigh* Milan.. Empty Re: Roma vs.....*sigh* Milan..

Post by Casciavit Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:57 am

Our starting defense is injured Laughing

Has SES fallen out of favour with Pippo? What's the deal?

What about Torres, I haven't seen him play in a while...
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:45 am

ASigh Milan?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:59 pm

Garcia's absence (the ban is ridiculous btw) is a bit of worry for Romanisti FYI.

Milan will likely cause issues as the Olimpico is far from the fortress it was last season.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:31 pm

This is gonna be ugly, one look at our available defenders is all you need to know.

Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:06 am

pjanic cant play, therefore the whole play making process goes on Totti's shoulder and Maicon from right-back. Milan can easily secure even 3 points from this game if inzaghi watch our game vs sampdoria i'm sure your defence in better than sampdoria. wont be easy for us unfortunately
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:55 am

The suspensions of Garcia and Holebas have been overturned.

In more positive news for Milan however, Alex returns to the squad. Torres has also been included despite missing much of the week's training through illness.

AC Milan Squad: Abbiati, Agazzi, Digeo Lopez, Albertazzi, Alex, Armero, Bonera, Mexes, Zaccardo, Zapata, Essien, De Jong, Montolivo, Muntari, Poli, Saponara, Bonaventura, El Shaarawy, Honda, Menez, Niang, Pazzini, Torres

Roma Squad: Borriello, Cole, Curci, De Rossi, De Sanctis, Destro, Emmanuelson, Florenzi, Gervinho, Iturbe, Keita, Ljajic, Lobont, Maicon, Manolas, Yanga-Mbiwa, Nainggolan, Paredes, Somma, Strootman, Torosidis, Totti

Holebas wasn't initially announced but I assume their squad will be updated to include him now that his suspension has been revoked.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:12 pm

No way in hell that's a red... :facepalm:
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by celikmilan Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:43 pm

ACMRox wrote:No way in hell that's a red... :facepalm:

Not in hell but tonight in Rome.
And also that brutal foul by Maicon on Zapata is just a yellow. And when Destro tried to kill Lopez that is also just a yellow and he got the yellow only because of Mexes.
celikmilan
celikmilan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:11 pm

Absolutely furious with Pippo, Roma were there for the taking, even with Armero's joke of a red card, but his negative tactics and idiotic substitutions cost us this game. SES was introduced far too late and really should have started as without him our attacks were toothless and Menez was isolated on the counter.

As for our performance, Lopez was excellent barring his misjudgment of that cross and saved us a point with his stop from Gervinho's 1 on 1. Bonera and Zapata were surprisingly good but the inconsistency and lack of concentration from Mexes and Armero would've cost us on another day. The midfield was poor in the sense they failed to have an control on the game, but the blame for that rests on Inzaghi as control was clearly not our aim. Nevertheless, poor touches and decision making cost us on the counter and we didn't cause any real problems after the first 10 minutes.

Honda was fairly quiet but had a few good moments, chief among them his early long shot. Menez was very poor and should have been substituted for Torres at half time, while Bonaventura worked hard but achieved very little.

We may have gone toe to toe with the second best team in the league, but Roma hardly played like that today and I truly felt we could have snatched a win with the right substitutes at half time and a more positive style of play.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:01 am

surprised with mexes, and i liked good performance for montolivo.
menez inconsistent again, and honda was ok.

but zapata mexes, diego lopez were great tonight. we could have done better in attack

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:56 am

...I thought the game was tomorrow. *awks*

Concerned to see El Shaarawy dropped for two straight big games. I understand that Inzaghi clearly sees Bonaventura as integral to the team but may have some reservations over his capacity to play in central midfield against the toughest sides however we'll always be a limited team if we adopt such a negative approach as was mentioned by ACMRox.

How were Monty and Poli?
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:47 am

when did Milan buy Lebron James
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:09 am

Roma 0 - 0 Milan :: Match Analysis

The starting formations were arguably the best they could be for both sides considering the injuries and suspensions. Whilst I would've liked to have seen Alex starting instead of one of Zapata or Mexes, my understanding was that he was just coming back from injury and was still underdone. I don't like to see SES out of the team, but Bonaventura has undeniably been the more effective player this year. I think Depolivo is our best midfield and I was glad to see it again this game. For Roma, I thought that De Rossi's inclusion was sensible, but I was surprised to see Ljajic on the bench for Florenzi considering that the former is Roma's top scorer this season. Each side played in their expected 4-3-3 formations.

Milan played their best football in the opening stages of the game. For the first 20 minutes or so the team played with confidence and composure. Roma looked a shadow of the club that started this season strongly. Gradually Roma got into the game and eventually started to dominate possession, but only Gervinho appeared to threaten the Milan defence. Totti and Florenzi were peripheral figures.

Milan struggled to use the ball properly in the front third when the opportunities to attack were created by our industrious midfield. Whilst Honda and Bonaventura generally worked well with the players behind them, Montolivo and Poli, neither of the wide forwards contributed any sort of dangerous lateral movement. This left the equally hard-working Menez isolated when he got the ball. De Jong hustled hard, but he was perhaps fortunate not to have given away a penalty and received a red card when he jumped like superman to defend a Roma corner and hit the ball with his hand instead of his head. The game was exciting and end-to-end in the latter stages of the first half. In particular, Montolivo and De Rossi's running battles for the control of the midfield were great to watch.

There were no malicious tackles in the first half - or the second half, for that matter. I make a special note of the lack of malice in the tackling because in the second half there was a yellow card frenzy from Rizzoli, the same referee who was responsible for the last Champions League final and the most recent World Cup final. The yellow cards were given out for all sorts of conduct, of which only a couple of professional fouls merited discipline. For example, in the 86th minute, Roma substitute Destro slid to get onto the end of a pass and nearly hit Diego Lopez which resulted in Mexes having one of his trademark dummy spits and the Frenchman started attacking Destro. This somehow not only resulted in a yellow for Mexes, but also for Destro. This was most amusing considering Destro was absolutely entitled to slide because the ball was still free at the time. The pivotal moment in the game arrived about 15 minutes earlier when Keita, running away from goal and about halfway down the pitch, hooked the ball back towards his goal into Armero, who was standing just behind the Roma player with his arms out in front of him. The free kick was given, but then the Roma players pressured Rizzoli into giving Armero a second yellow when it was obvious that Rizzoli hadn't even turned his mind to giving Armero a card for the handball. In all, 8 yellow cards were given, 7 of them in the second half. Mexes and De Jong will miss our first game next year (vs Sassuolo) for accumulation.

Back to the gameplay in the second half: it was characterised by a very ordinary Roma and a Milan which really struggled to kick into gear and make the most of the few counter-attacks and chances they had. Neither side monopolised possession and it all got a bit scrappy. A substitution from Inzaghi was definitely warranted given the lack of goal-threat posed by Bonaventura and Honda, as well as a Menez who was not at 100% after taking a knock earlier in the game. I think this period was an opportunity missed for Milan because Roma looked completely out of ideas. Gervinho was in the wilderness, starved of supply. Meanwhile, Totti and Florenzi remained out of sorts. But for the occasional nervous moment caused by the poor defending of Mexes, Milan were not threatened. Even Bonera, Zapata and Armero were surprisingly decent. The best stat to demostrate this would be that Diego Lopez wasn't forced to make a save in the second half until after the red card in the 70th minute.

By the time of the red card, Pippo's chance to make attacking changes had evaporated and Roma were suddenly reinvigorated by the prospect of facing a 10-man team. Garcia moved quickly: Destro came on for De Rossi to complement Ljajic's introduction for Florenzi 5 minutes earlier. In response, Pippo withdrew Honda for Alex and Milan played a 4-4-1 with only Menez up front. Nevertheless, Roma moved far too slowly once Milan's walls came up and their crossing was atrocious, as was their positioning to receive the crosses. Roma only threatened from 1 cross and that was because Lopez misjudged the flight of the ball, which was so terrible that it unintentionally went to Torosidis on the other wing, who had been substituted on for the seemingly injured Maicon. However, Torosidis showed poor decision-making in shooting from the angle instead of lobbing it back into the box full of Roma players and an open goal. As for all the other crosses, they were either inaccurate or easily dealt with by Alex, who is an absolute titan in the air. It seemed as if Roma had expected Milan to collapse after going down a man, but the Rossoneri were resolute in defence.

Poli was tiring by the final stages and struggled to deal with his responsibilities to track back and get forward once we were down to 10 men. He was justifiably replaced by Muntari. SES was thrown on for Menez and was ineffective as a lone forward playing on the counter in difficult circumstances. Milan were playing for the draw by then and Roma had struggled to engineer anything noteworthy until one superb run into the box from Gervinho in stoppage time, which was dealt with by the reliable Lopez. The Ivorian cut in through our stacked defence and gave the ball off quickly to Yanga-Mbiwa who returned the favour, but Lopez was equal to Gervinho's close-range effort.

Ultimately, this was perhaps a game where Inzaghi could've and should've risked more to get the three points away from home. Milan created too few scoring opportunities to get the win against a solid, but unspectacular Roma side. A draw was probably a fair result, but neither set of fans will be especially inspired by this performance. Garcia will be left pondering how best to raise his side's morale after their disappointing Champions League campaign and I bet he'll be eager to see Strootman back on the field instead of one of the tireless, but unimaginative duo of Naingollan and Keita.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:08 am

Despite the discouraging performance, Lazio, Genoa, and Sampdoria all dropped points so we're still only 2 points off of CL cheers

Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:15 am

ACMRox wrote:Despite the discouraging performance, Lazio, Genoa, and Sampdoria all dropped points so we're still only 2 points off of CL cheers

Roma vs.....*sigh* Milan.. Tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:24 am

CL, we're coming home boys Proud
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:32 pm

One thing i've noticed is that Poli is playing much better at RCM. I think its due to Pippo shifting Montolivo to LCM, if you recall, Allegri used to have Montolivo on the right and Poli on the left on the teamsheet.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:31 pm

Allegri mostly used that set up, I can only think of a handful of occasions when Poli actually shifted left instead of Montolivo - I seem to recall the Parma and Hellas games but that's it. I think putting Monty on the left limits his influence however it's hard to tell how it will work in Inzaghi's system until we get MDS and Abate back.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum