McAgger
M99
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Dante
RealGunner
26 posters

Page 22 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by M99 Fri May 08, 2015 2:03 am

It is a sequel to Age Of Ultron. If they want to replicate the comics they have to have more heroes than Captain America and Iron Man. Captain America is very much the protagonist of the series so it makes sense to have them adapt the storyline in a Captain America film. Civil War is huge in the comics, they had Wolverine, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Fantastic 4, Namor etc who marvel can't use any way. It's good to see them not pulling any stops just because it's not an Avengers film.

I have no problem with BvS but they are fast tracking the DCU with it, whether it is a good thing or a bad thing remains to be seen but it is apparent that there are risks there. Civil War is the 13th film in the MCU while BvS is the second film in the DCU, there's a difference.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by Freeza Fri May 08, 2015 2:17 am

M99 wrote:It is a sequel to Age Of Ultron. If they want to replicate the comics they have to have more heroes than Captain America and Iron Man. Captain America is very much the protagonist of the series so it makes sense to have them adapt the storyline in a Captain America film. Civil War is huge in the comics, they had Wolverine, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Fantastic 4, Namor etc who marvel can't use any way. It's good to see them not pulling any stops just because it's not an Avengers film.

I have no problem with BvS but they are fast tracking the DCU with it, whether it is a good thing or a bad thing remains to be seen but it is apparent that there are risks there. Civil War is the 13th film in the MCU while BvS is the second film in the DCU, there's a difference.

Well, there wasn't any conflict in AoU at all that could lead up to this, so Ant-Man has to has some.
They aren't really fast tracking anything when it's a movie that's been in production for +3 years, mainly featuring 2 guys.

I don't have a problem with any number of characters in any movie ever. It's always about how those characters are used. Generally I'm just tired of Hippocracy in this regard (again, from other people, not you. X-men had 20 characters speaking and it still worked.

It's generally only a problem if the movie has a bad structure overall. Which was the problem with the Spider-Man failures. Where they kept switching antagonists throughout without no reason for it. And also if Electro, Venom and Paul Giamatti's Russian cartoon hadn't been shit it wouldn't have gotten that complain.

Have high hopes for Civil War though, hope Nat Wolff gets the Spider-Man gig. Also love what Winter Soldier did, only great Marvel movie since IM imho(until Guardians came along), so I have faith in the Russos.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri May 08, 2015 2:35 am

Should I post the script from 4chan here in spoiler tags hmm Would love to discuss it with you peeps. It's most likely fanfic any way and the guy claimed it's a rough draft which will go thorugh a lot of editing before the final phase.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri May 08, 2015 2:37 am

M99 wrote:Should I post the script from 4chan here in spoiler tags hmm Would love to discuss it with you peeps. It's most likely fanfic any way and the guy claimed it's a rough draft which will go thorugh a lot of editing before the final phase.

Predicted everything in Age of Ultron before it happened anyways, so don't think I'll mind, as long as it's good.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri May 08, 2015 3:13 am

Take it with a grain of salt or don't read it at all. A guy claiming to read the script (where do they come from Laughing ) posted it on 4 chan.

Spoiler:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Fri May 08, 2015 2:49 pm

M99 wrote:Take it with a grain of salt or don't read it at all. A guy claiming to read the script (where do they come from Laughing ) posted it on 4 chan.

Spoiler:

if thats it, then it might be actually be pretty good.
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri May 08, 2015 5:14 pm

‘Spider-Man' Reboot Film Details: Peter Parker's Story To Be Told In Four Movie Series

http://www.ibtimes.com.au/spider-man-reboot-film-details-peter-parkers-story-be-told-four-movie-series-1446703
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat May 09, 2015 6:07 am

Watched Age of Ultron. Loved it as much as the first one. But it's not better than the 1st one for me. I would say about the same.

8/10

Cap2/GOTG
IM1/Avengers1/AoU
The rest of the 5 films
The Incredible Hulk

In that order so far for me.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 09, 2015 1:18 pm

Hugh Jackman confirms he's stepping down as Wolverine in 2017

and in other news

https://igcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t51.2885-15/11249253_638997389563854_49037563_n.jpg
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat May 09, 2015 1:53 pm

That Hugh Jackman thing was confirmed months ago hmm

Continuity wise it's gonna be hard to explain how Charles doesn't look 50 in X-men
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 11, 2015 5:33 pm

Finally watched Avengers. Really enjoyed it.

Spoiler:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon May 11, 2015 5:52 pm

M99 wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:Dat list Shocked

More superheros than the 2 Avengers combined Laughing

I hope that blond chick in Cap2 that was Steve Rogers neighbor but ended up being a Shield Agent also appears. I've got a crush on her. Would wife her up ffs :wub:

She is appearing. She is Agent 13/Sharon Carter.

Also 4chan at it again. Civil War script posted there and it sounds amazing. It's too good to be true so it's a fake I bet.

Got a link to that?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon May 11, 2015 6:19 pm

@Barrett, it's in spoilers a few posts above
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon May 11, 2015 7:18 pm

M99 wrote:Take it with a grain of salt or don't read it at all. A guy claiming to read the script (where do they come from Laughing ) posted it on 4 chan.

Spoiler:

Great read regardless :bow:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon May 11, 2015 9:40 pm

Taken a few days to digest things after watching Age of Ultron, and honestly I have to say I wasn't hugely impressed with it. It felt disjointed, like the pieces were there but they didn't quite fall into place to make it really click. The first was brilliant because of simplicity and the fantastic execution that came with it... this one felt like it tried to do more, and *almost* pulled it off but just fell short.

Spoiler:
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 11, 2015 10:23 pm

RedOranje wrote:Taken a few days to digest things after watching Age of Ultron, and honestly I have to say I wasn't hugely impressed with it. It felt disjointed, like the pieces were there but they didn't quite fall into place to make it really click. The first was brilliant because of simplicity and the fantastic execution that came with it... this one felt like it tried to do more, and *almost* pulled it off but just fell short.

Spoiler:

Completely agree with the issues

Spoiler:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon May 11, 2015 11:07 pm

Watched Guardians again last night. Legit can't wait for Thanos in the next Avengers. Hope to see more cameo from him in phase 3.

Age of ultron spoiler:

Spoiler:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon May 11, 2015 11:19 pm

Agree about Ultron
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed May 13, 2015 8:57 am

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread - Page 22 10996100_10153500355586840_2908981021715765093_n
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed May 13, 2015 10:28 am

Laughing

Did Magneto ever face Ultron in the comics?
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 13, 2015 11:48 am

Might catch the movie at the end of this month if it is still showing which I believe will be the case because Furious 7 is still racking in the numbers Laughing

If not then Mad Max drinking
Infact might as well sway my friend into picking MM over Avengers. hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 13, 2015 6:19 pm

LeVersacci wrote:Laughing

Did Magneto ever face Ultron in the comics?

Funnily he didn't. Was never mentioned. Main protagonists were Avengers, Wolverine and the X-Men, Spiderman and Fantastic Four.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed May 13, 2015 6:23 pm

How in the world did the mutant world and X-Men ever get integrated with the Avengers? It just seems so out of place in terms of story lines actually making sense.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 13, 2015 6:27 pm

It wasn't an avengers only storyline. Ultron returned to destroy the earth and obviously other superheroes exists in the comic universe.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed May 13, 2015 7:55 pm

Mutants HAVE been on the Avengers team in several instances... Havok, Wolverine, the Maximoff twins, etc...

However, keep in mind that in basically every Marvel comic universe mutants are (at most times) widely distrusted and feared by the general public, making membership on such a prominent team difficult. Further, the X-men tend to prefer to operate independently for a number of reasons and only really interact with the Avengers either in major event team-ups or in adversarial encounters. Hell, Cyclops (Scott Summers) has basically gone full-Magneto now.

At the same time Ultron, for all his threat, is a Pym/Avengers villain and tends to be kept in books for either/both of those (bar a few exemptions, including one notable foray into Cosmic Marvel). He's not generally treated as a Galactus-level threat in comics (by writers) so doesn't merit full-on, cross-series team-ups or events.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed May 13, 2015 10:07 pm

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread - Page 22 Jared-leto-suicide-squad-break-paris-05
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 43  Next