The Movie House - Part 4

+29
dostoevsky
DeletedUser#1
Dante
Raptorgunner
Glory
DuringTheWar
Firenze
izzy
The Franchise
LeVersacci
Tomwin Lannister
McLewis
RedOranje
elitedam
MaraVilla
Forza
Valkyrja
Vibe
CBarca
Kaladin
McAgger
RED
TalkingReckless
El Gunner
M99
Rebaño Sagrado
Freeza
RealGunner
Blue Barrett
33 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by elitedam Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:40 pm

It's not just the premise though, it was the entire movie. Compare it to Limitless which used the same flawed BS, that movie was still enjoyable. They just used the unlocking the full potential of the brain as a plot device. The story was still somewhat interesting and it was easier to ignore it.

In Lucy, they introduce a neuro-scientist who keeps spouting off even more scientific bullshit. Instead of showing Lucy use her new intelligence, they simply turned her into a god. They relied on visuals to trick people into thinking it was actually a decent movie while completely ignoring the story telling. I was bored for the entire 40 minutes I watched.

elitedam
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1754
Join date : 2012-05-31

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by RedOranje Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:29 pm

Wow... Big Hero 6 is consistently beating Interstellar in reviews and ratings.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 11099
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by RealGunner Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:35 pm

Big Hero 6 is a general audience film so it will do quite well tbh. Seems fun and entertaining for all ages. Critics love those films.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89084
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by Freeza Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:46 pm

Not to mention how much Disney has stepped up its game lately, they're slowly overtaking Pixar as the best Disney-owned animation studio.

Pixar since 2010:
Toy Story 3
Cars 2
Brave
Monsters University

Disney animation since 2010:
Tangled
Wreck it Ralph
Frozen
And now Big Hero 6

They're really getting up there. Wreck it Ralph is my favourite animated movie from these two (Lego Movie is my fav) since Wall-E
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23339
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by El Gunner Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:55 pm

Zodiac
Director: David Fincher
Starring: Jake Gyllenhaal, Mark Ruffalo, Robert Downey Jr.

Zodiac is dark, engaging and mysterious. Despite being long (2h40min) it still manages to hold suspense throughout the movie.
The first hour and a half or so is a bit messy with lots of skipping from now till "one and a half months later". But all that bit of a messy storytelling came to very good tension in the final hour of the film when surprise, surprise Gyllenhaal gets more screen time and at the same time comes alive and makes the last hour of the movie riveting.
My rating: 8.0/10


___________________
Oh and btw, on a scale of 1 to 10, how bad is Robert Downey Jr. as an actor?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 19576
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by El Gunner Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:58 pm

@Freeza wrote:Not to mention how much Disney has stepped up its game lately, they're slowly overtaking Pixar as the best Disney-owned animation studio.

Pixar since 2010:
Toy Story 3
Cars 2
Brave
Monsters University

Disney animation since 2010:
Tangled
Wreck it Ralph
Frozen
And now Big Hero 6

They're really getting up there. Wreck it Ralph is my favourite animated movie from these two (Lego Movie is my fav) since Wall-E

ParaNorman is my favourite animation movie from the last few years.
My favourite of all time? I think probably Spirited Away.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 19576
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by Freeza Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:08 pm

Oh and btw, on a scale of 1 to 10, how bad is Robert Downey Jr. as an actor?

a 2?

He's great ffs Laughing

favourite animations for me
1. The Lion King.
2. Wall-E.
3. The Incredibles.

Need to watch some miyazaki prob hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23339
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by El Gunner Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:13 pm

He's horrible imo.
Me not liking Iron Man, or rather the normal character Tony Stark might have something to do with it.
I don't know man, imo he is a one dimensional actor and always has this smugness about him.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 19576
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by Freeza Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:18 pm

@El Gunner wrote:He's horrible imo.
Me not liking Iron Man, or rather the normal character Tony Stark might have something to do with it.
I don't know man, imo he is a one dimensional actor and always has this smugness about him.


Chaplin? Tropic Thunder? Even in Chef he had a different approach than usual. He's a great actor, and you're the first I've ever heard call him horrible. He's also the best part about Natural Born Killers imo, so freaking fun, his comedic timing is GOAT.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23339
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by McAgger Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:34 pm

Are you shitting me man, RDJ is boss.

Chaplin, Sherlock Holmes, Topic Thunder, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Zodiac, Natural Born Killers. He's so great in them. Not even gonna mention Tony Stark.

I just don't think a lot of actors can bring what he can bring to the table even if what he brings sometimes may not be to your liking.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28266
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 104

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by El Gunner Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:35 pm

@Freeza wrote:
@El Gunner wrote:He's horrible imo.
Me not liking Iron Man, or rather the normal character Tony Stark might have something to do with it.
I don't know man, imo he is a one dimensional actor and always has this smugness about him.


Chaplin? Tropic Thunder? Even in Chef he had a different approach than usual. He's a great actor, and you're the first I've ever heard call him horrible. He's also the best part about Natural Born Killers imo, so freaking fun, his comedic timing is GOAT.

well to me it seems I've watched enough movies of him to judge, but tbf I haven't seen any of those which you just mentioned.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 19576
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by RedOranje Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:39 pm

@RealGunner wrote:Big Hero 6 is a general audience film so it will do quite well tbh. Seems fun and entertaining for all ages. Critics love those films.



Not true at all... critics tend to pan general audience films as generic if they don't do something very well but will give more "ambitious" films like Interstellar some leeway in their endeavor to supposedly convey a larger idea or process.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 11099
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by McAgger Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:42 pm

@RedOranje wrote:
@RealGunner wrote:Big Hero 6 is a general audience film so it will do quite well tbh. Seems fun and entertaining for all ages. Critics love those films.



Not true at all... critics tend to pan general audience films as generic if they don't do something very well but will give more "ambitious" films like Interstellar some leeway in their endeavor to supposedly convey a larger idea or process.


RedO come home ffs

OT: going to watch Interstellar ins 3-4 hours Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28266
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 104

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by Freeza Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:02 pm

@RedOranje wrote:
@RealGunner wrote:Big Hero 6 is a general audience film so it will do quite well tbh. Seems fun and entertaining for all ages. Critics love those films.



Not true at all... critics tend to pan general audience films as generic if they don't do something very well but will give more "ambitious" films like Interstellar some leeway in their endeavor to supposedly convey a larger idea or process.

Well it's always hard to compare animation films to live action. Take Brave for example, that movie was hardly any good imo. Completely changed its theme in the middle of the movie, yet still received a 78% on rotten tomatoes and 69 on metacritic. And I doubt anyone would actually say that it's better than Interstellar tbh.

I love animation, but it's always hard for me to compare them to live action.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23339
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by Freeza Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:04 pm

@El Gunner wrote:
@Freeza wrote:
@El Gunner wrote:He's horrible imo.
Me not liking Iron Man, or rather the normal character Tony Stark might have something to do with it.
I don't know man, imo he is a one dimensional actor and always has this smugness about him.


Chaplin? Tropic Thunder? Even in Chef he had a different approach than usual. He's a great actor, and you're the first I've ever heard call him horrible. He's also the best part about Natural Born Killers imo, so freaking fun, his comedic timing is GOAT.

well to me it seems I've watched enough movies of him to judge, but tbf I haven't seen any of those which you just mentioned.


You should watch Tropic Thunder tbh, his performance in it (combined with Tom Cruise and Matty McConaughey) are some of the most hilarious performances I've ever seen
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23339
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by McLewis Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:08 pm

@Freeza wrote:
Need to watch some miyazaki prob hmm


Loved his final effort, The Wind Rises. One of the most poignant anime I've seen since Grave of the Fireflies, which takes place roughly around the same time coincidentally.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12672
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by M99 Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:35 am

Jared Leto Eyed to Play The Joker in WB's ‘Suicide Squad’ (Exclusive)

http://www.thewrap.com/jared-leto-eyed-to-play-the-joker-in-wbs-suicide-squad-exclusive/

Shocked
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 30031
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 98

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:36 am

Don't know who he is but he has Joker's face, kinda.

Spoiler:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2f/Flickr_-_nicogenin_-_66%C3%A8me_Festival_de_Venise_%28Mostra%29_-_Jared_Leto_%2814%29.jpg/640px-Flickr_-_nicogenin_-_66%C3%A8me_Festival_de_Venise_%28Mostra%29_-_Jared_Leto_%2814%29.jpg
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89084
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by Freeza Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:39 am

@RealGunner wrote:Don't know who he is but he has Joker's face, kinda.

Spoiler:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2f/Flickr_-_nicogenin_-_66%C3%A8me_Festival_de_Venise_%28Mostra%29_-_Jared_Leto_%2814%29.jpg/640px-Flickr_-_nicogenin_-_66%C3%A8me_Festival_de_Venise_%28Mostra%29_-_Jared_Leto_%2814%29.jpg


Won the best supporting actor academy award this year hmm

Dallas Buyers Club, Requiem for a Dream, Mr. Nobody and Fight Club. Great actor.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23339
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:46 am

hmm good choice then I guess hmm

Hope people don't compare him to Heath slater
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89084
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by M99 Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:50 am



Can see him as The Joker. And we all know he will be compared to Ledger no matter what.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 30031
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 98

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by Freeza Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:51 am

@RealGunner wrote:hmm good choice then I guess hmm

Hope people don't compare him to Heath slater


The Nolan following generally is a horrible group on the internet. They'll hate anyone who get's cast. It could have been prime Daniel Day Lewis, they'd still hate.
But you can't really have a Batman Universe without the Joker. Would love to see The Riddler first though hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23339
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:00 am

No idea why Joker is being introduced in the suicide squad tbh. It's not even that good unless they mix and match the characters from various squads.

Should just tease him till the next solo batman film.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89084
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by Freeza Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:03 am

@RealGunner wrote:No idea why Joker is being introduced in the suicide squad tbh. It's not even that good unless they mix and match the characters from various squads.

Should just tease him till the next solo batman film.


Just think it's a cameo, no way is the Joker going to be in the squad. Maybe it's like the animated film, where they're breaking into Arkham, and The Joker is locked in one of the cells. Would make sense with Harley reported to be a member.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23339
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:04 am

Agreed. Then maybe a tease in BvS as well for the hype. Would be a great moment and get people excited.

Also that animated film, Is that Batman: Assault on Arkham? Need to watch that.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89084
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by Freeza Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:13 am

@RealGunner wrote:Agreed. Then maybe a tease in BvS as well for the hype. Would be a great moment and get people excited.

Also that animated film, Is that Batman: Assault on Arkham? Need to watch that.


Yeah, Batman not main character though, he's more of a supporting. The lead is Deadshot. Loved it though. Deadshot is an amazing character imo. Also it's a very hard R rated animated movie. Never seen that graphic sex scenes in them Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23339
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum