Lord Spencer
Donuts
Hapless_Hans
VivaStPauli
McAgger
95 posters

Page 22 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 43  Next

Go down

Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition - Page 22 Empty Re: Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition

Post by Firenze Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:54 pm

Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition - Page 22 A98014f834df7d3f284600edd38bf321

LVG at his worst >

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition - Page 22 Empty Re: Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:23 am

Not sure you can compare the squads, and having or not having a pre-season, though.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:35 am

West Ham away is not an upset for pool.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:48 am

Peccadillo wrote:West Ham away is not an upset for pool.
beating Arsenal away was not a upset for West Ham either
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:49 am

Next season without injuries and money spent Liverpool should be beating teams like west ham
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:54 am

a little prickly..

Its more of a compliment to West Ham than a criticism of pool really.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:14 am

Peccadillo wrote:a little prickly..

Its more of a compliment to West Ham than a criticism of pool really.
so was mine.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:18 am

I am sick of seeing Liverpool get beat by shity little clubs though. Every time we get beat by these teams I have to take shit for from people that wind me up. I could do with a break from it tbh. My wife. Son and Inlaws are West Ham fans and I don't really feel like talking to them tbh. After getting beat yet again by West Ham I get angry when I look at them.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:18 am

We're playing like 2-3 games a week.
All our "key players" are injured / have missed long periods.
The squad his inherited is shit.
He hasn't had a pre-season.
He hasn't even had a proper training session with the squad. They're all "match preparations".
His "best" players available are workhorses / lack that "talent".
That Irish man was right, you know it's bad when Jordan Henderson is arguably your best player / captain. Henderson makes things tick, but he's not an X-factor or a world class player.

So at the end of the day not only do we lack quality, but we lack a lot of depth too. (How many players from the academy have played this year?)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:20 am

I didn't hear you use these points aa lot when Rodgers was still boss though.
Then the first target always was Rodgers, not the players.

We can't suddenly switch arguing strategy now lol.

If Klopp does not manage to get better results and better football with the players Liverpool have, it was no use getting him over Rodgers. Simple.
And contrary to what you kept claiming, the bar is not THAT low.

Keeping in mind of course that Rodgers was there 3 and a half years and did indeed assemble large parts of the squad so he couldn't use the player excuse, and Klopp needs to be given reasonable time before his work can be meaningfully compared.

Still, eventually Klopp needs to make better use of the players than Rodgers, coupled with demonstrably better squad building and buying within the same means as Rodgers, else his appointment was not worth it.
Merely pointing to the supposed poorness of the squad now all of a sudden doesn't cut it.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:44 pm

that's exactly what ive been saying hans
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:54 pm

Except for the part about letting reasonable time pass before you can actually judge and compare his work lol.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:00 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Except for the part about letting reasonable time pass before you can actually judge and compare his work lol.
I'm willing to give him time. as long as we are slowly improving. at the moment ive seen none. red alert makes it look like I'm saying we shouldn't lose to Leicester because we have a better squad. that's not what I'm saying and he knows it. but you cant talk to him because he thinks only his opinion counts. but my point was Leicester have proven a team full of world class players are not needed to show great improvement. so his rants about how we need to replace every player in the squad is just silly.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:33 pm

We will be hearing " it's Rodgers fault" for next three years.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:25 pm

I just don't understand his personnel decisions right now. Not only the teams he lines up with, but the subs don't seem to make a lot of sense.

With Coutinho and Teixeira on we were controlling the match quite well, and then you take off both of them for two strikers? Which means we have 3 strikers and a winger on the field with only Stewart and Chirivella behind them? That was a very weird switch for me.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:40 pm

We have players slowly coming back, These youth players have proven they are good enough when called upon and they almost proved it yet again.

I did'nt mind that line up, We've had a huge number of injuries, Almost averaging one per game in the last 10 matches. We had to risk one of these cups.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:43 pm

Adit wrote:We will be hearing " it's Rodgers fault" for next three years.
rofl

Truer words have never been spoken.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:29 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:I didn't hear you use these points aa lot when Rodgers was still boss though.
Then the first target always was Rodgers, not the players.

We can't suddenly switch arguing strategy now lol.

If Klopp does not manage to get better results and better football with the players Liverpool have, it was no use getting him over Rodgers. Simple.
And contrary to what you kept claiming, the bar is not THAT low.

Keeping in mind of course that Rodgers was there 3 and a half years and did indeed assemble large parts of the squad so he couldn't use the player excuse, and Klopp needs to be given reasonable time before his work can be meaningfully compared.

Still, eventually Klopp needs to make better use of the players than Rodgers, coupled with demonstrably better squad building and buying within the same means as Rodgers, else his appointment was not worth it.
Merely pointing to the supposed poorness of the squad now all of a sudden doesn't cut it.

Well then you have no idea what you're talking about because I actually defended Rodgers towards the start of his era. At the end of the day I support the club first and foremost. But Klopp is hardly at fault for anything at the club right now. Klopp has a one year free pass AFTER HAVING A PRE-SEASON from me. (And this isn't just because Klopp has came with a reputation.) If Klopp proves inadequate / there are no improvements after that year, then I will call for his head.

And I did "attack" the players when Rodgers was at the club lmao.  

"If Klopp does not manage to get better results and better football with the players Liverpool have, it was no use getting him over Rodgers. Simple."

What are you on about? Rodgers HAD to go. He was holding us back and is actually one of the sole reasons we're so far behind our rivals. His "dealings" in the market put us behind everyone. There were NO improvements on the pitch. The team he inherited (which was also mid-table at the time) was better than this squad. And he had 300 MILLION POUNDS to assemble this team. He hardly fought for any silverware. His ambition / goals was "to get into the top 4" (which is hardly good enough and even then he couldn't even achieve that).

EDIT: He did it once under Luis Suarez before El D decides to PMS. Keep note he flopped hard in the group stages and celebrated a draw against some team in Belarus???, nice.

Adit wrote:We will be hearing " it's Rodgers fault" for next three years.

Coming from the same man that claimed "Dalglish was at fault for Liverpool for 5 years because of Andy Carroll blah blah blah"

Unique wrote:that's exactly what ive been saying hans

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say majority of the time.

Unique wrote:so his rants about how we need to replace every player in the squad is just silly.

I'm not asking for world class players. I'm asking to get more than a bunch of overrated primadonna's that think they're very good because they're "work horses". Nice attempt in trying to put words in my mouth, though.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:10 pm

we are going to rape the opposition defences next season! I have seen enough evidence till now and Firmino-Coutinho will be key players of that attack. But it is also possible that our defense can be equally bad. But who cares if we can somehow win games by scoring more.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:28 pm

Any team without it's best player is gonna struggle.

We were missing our 2 best players for an extended period. One who's been crocked for 2 seasons now.

Things are gonna be okay. This season was a write off the second we decided to keep David Brent and let him splash 32m on Benteke and make Milner captain.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:29 pm

Helmer wrote:we are going to rape the opposition defences next season!

Agreed ! it will be our year imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:31 pm

Sadly we haven't seen Coutinho-Firmino-Sturridge in action yet together. All the signs have been good when even 2 of them played together.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:02 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

It always is Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:03 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Spoiler:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:02 pm

No bump after Klopp finally has his 2 best players back Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:04 pm

Don't call me James wrote:No bump after Klopp finally has his 2 best players back Laughing
:bow:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 43  Next