Lord Spencer
Donuts
Hapless_Hans
VivaStPauli
McAgger
95 posters

Page 6 of 43 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24 ... 43  Next

Go down

Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition - Page 6 Empty Re: Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition

Post by iftikhar Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:35 pm

This is just unreal Sad Shocked Mad Embarassed Crying or Very sad What a Face Suspect No pale :facepalm: :brickwall: rofl rofl rofl

iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition - Page 6 Empty Re: Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition

Post by McAgger Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:37 pm

Tuchel is available. He's a good coach. Just buyout his contract, could just be the change they need.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:38 pm

I would be interested if there ever was a manager at a comparably big club (top 3 club in the league) that was not fired in a comparable situation. I would guess not.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:40 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:I would be interested if there ever was a manager at a comparably big club (top 3 club in the league) that was not fired in a comparable situation. I would guess not.

Arsenal 100%
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:45 pm

Rodgers at the moment as well. He has the worst record of any Liverpool manager since like before Shankly or something after 16 matches and for some reason some people tell me his job shouldn't be under jeopardy.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:47 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:I would be interested if there ever was a manager at a comparably big club (top 3 club in the league) that was not fired in a comparable situation. I would guess not.

Arsenal 100%

Was there ever a comparable situation at Arsenal with a coach? Relegation spot after half the season?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:48 pm

Hames, your neither a undisputed top 3 team nor on a relegation spot.

And I don't mean hypotheticals, I mean instances in history.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:51 pm

The guy is a fraud.

A CL team should be good enough to be anything other than relegation fodder in the league. He's been found out.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:51 pm

Was there ever such a comparable situation with any top club? Because I don't remember.

However now many Arsenal fans (like 65-35) are pro Wenger sacking yet that's not even a talking point at the club.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:56 pm

As I said, I'm not asking about speculation (you really don't want to compare Wenger's astonishing stability to this season's Kloppmund?!), and I'm not arguing Klopp should or should not be fired.

Just whether anyone knows a comparable situation in history where the club stuck with the manager.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:12 pm

It's a nighmare season, no doubt, but I think that they'll pick it up as long as he stays at the club. Klopp's had a run of several years of incredible success despite often losing key players. It's premature to say in the middle of one single awful season that he's been "found out."  Rolling Eyes

That all said, whatever one's feelings on Klopp, he's always entertaining as hell:

"Any criticism that we receive now is justified. We are standing here like complete idiots and it's completely our own fault."

He even flounders at the bottom of the table like a bawss. :bow:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/2014/12/20/7262152/klopp-dortmund-are-a-bunch-of-idiots
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:23 pm

Either way Hans I don't understand your point. You think they should fire Klopp, like presumably a top team would do but Dortmund are not a top team financially. They can't hire some new guy, sign all the best players from the rest of the league and everyone will be happy again.

You forget that Dortmund were an obscure midtable team who Klopp turned to double winners and CL finalists from a relegation battle under Thomas Doll in a couple of years so it isn't that easy of a decision to make. Just like he turned things around back then, many believe he can do it again.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:24 pm

i specifically didn't say they should fire Klopp, I was just wondering whether there are any precedents for their situation.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:26 pm

make that rather, I'm torn whether it would be the worst decision to fire him or whether it would be the worst not to. As my conflicting posts show lol.

I should add that of course they should not and would not fire him, but that I'm not sure whether he should continue. He'll always quit before it comes to that he's fired.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:39 pm

so from being top coach he went to fraud? Laughing

DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:41 pm

Maybe PSG and Dortmund can swap coaches over the winter break lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:03 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:i specifically didn't say they should fire Klopp, I was just wondering whether there are any precedents for their situation.
I think he would have a lot more pressure if he were not in the CL any more.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:16 pm

@Hapless_Hans

In 1938, City got relegated has holder of the league title. But they didn't sack Wilfred Wild and City didn't come back up for a decade. 1 more point (40) and were safe from relegation Proud
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:01 am

DeviAngel wrote:so from being top coach he went to fraud? Laughing

Half a season gone and BvB are battling relegation.

Shouldn't be struggling this badly with the squad he has.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:11 am

you don't say Laughing

and now what?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:16 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:you don't say Laughing

and now what?

I don't know. For what he's done in the past BvB will feel obliged not to fire him, but at the same time if things carry on the way they are, they'll spral down and get relegated. I'm as conflicted as you are.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:15 am

"Klopp fraud", "Klopp found out" rofl

I've watched quite a few of their games and the prevailing problems are random individual mistakes and their attackers who bar Aubameyang and Immobile can't score to save their lives.

I feel for Klopp, his team are dominating nearly every game creating multiple chances for clowns like Mkhitaryan and Kagawa to blaze into the stands.

They miss Reus badly because as I see currently they have only two players who will more often than not put away a good chance.

Losing clinical players like Goetze and Lewandowski and having replaced them with profligate players bar Immobile is killing them.

They should be able to turn this around, maybe the Christmas break has come at a really good time for them.
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:04 am

You would have thought this season couldn't get any worse. Well, they just went down from 17th to 18th rofl
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:16 am

julias wrote:"Klopp fraud", "Klopp found out" rofl

I've watched quite a few of their games and the prevailing problems are random individual mistakes and their attackers who bar Aubameyang and Immobile can't score to save their lives.

I feel for Klopp, his team are dominating nearly every game creating multiple chances for clowns like Mkhitaryan and Kagawa to blaze into the stands.

They miss Reus badly because as I see currently they have only two players who will more often than not put away a good chance.

Losing clinical players like Goetze and Lewandowski and having replaced them with profligate players bar Immobile is killing them.

They should be able to turn this around, maybe the Christmas break has come at a really good time for them.

I agreed with this 100%
I still agree with it 98%

A lucky win or two is all it takes to turn it around.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:50 pm

"we only need one lucky win or two.. then...", as I said typical last words of gamblers who haven't realized they need to stop, and urgently, as they're gambling house, wife and children away.

Klopp needs to go now. This surely is the last straw. Because this is one of the biggest managerial *bleep* ups in history he is committing.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:52 pm

Losing to 10 men Augsburg at home. scratch

scratch

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 43 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24 ... 43  Next