Soul
Nedved
Kick
fatman123
Shed
11 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Premier League - Manchester United vs Chelsea Empty Premier League - Manchester United vs Chelsea

Post by Shed Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:20 am

Premier League - Manchester United vs Chelsea CWAg0dX

Chelsea will travel to Manchester to face off against Manchester United at
Old Trafford for Premier League Matchday 9 on Sunday, October 26ᵗʰ
-

Premier League - Manchester United vs Chelsea 43STdZq

Premier League Matchday 9 sees Chelsea travel to Old Trafford to face off in what will unquestionably be a highly-anticipated game against Manchester United this Sunday. The Red Devils, on the back of a horrendous year+ it goes without reminding, have a totally new-look side for the current campaign ahead, and many the footballing world over will be anxious to see how they fare in what effectively amounts to their first real test of the season. Chelsea, conversely, have been in superb form so far this term, and will in this match be looking to extend their unbeaten run this campaign both at home and elsewhere, a vein of form which has seen them to 5 points clear at the top of the table. 3 games against teams in last year's Top 5 so far this season in Everton away, Manchester City away and Arsenal at home have seen the Blues pick up 7 points from 9, and José Mourinho will undoubtedly be looking to extend his phenomenal record against the top sides come the weekend.

Premier League - Manchester United vs Chelsea XsiHVsi

Face-offs between the two have, of course, become somethings of showpiece events over the last decade or so. Indeed, with the 2 being the undisputed and largely unchallenged title favourites who would duke it out with each other over the course of the season to see who would win out over the other come May, the head-to-heads between the pair are spectacles the eyes of the nation invariably turn towards whenever they near. And even though this match, as with ones in more recent seasons, may not be a major factor in the title race, it will unquestionably be of very high interest to all regardless.

Premier League - Manchester United vs Chelsea GargantuanSlimyDachshund

Premier League - Manchester United vs Chelsea OpulentZealousDogfish

Premier League - Manchester United vs Chelsea GraveRightIbex

Premier League - Manchester United vs Chelsea AdventurousPinkAnophelesmosquito

___
-

Premier League - Manchester United vs Chelsea BitterUnsungIchthyosaurs

Premier League - Manchester United vs Chelsea UnsungSmoothIbis

Premier League - Manchester United vs Chelsea ComfortableAllDuckling

The sides attained differing results the weekend previous in their Matchday 8 fixtures against bottom-quarter opposition away from home. Manchester United were held 2-2 by West Bromwich Albion at the Hawthorns, having coming back twice from behind to equalise through Marouane Fellaini and Daley Blind, ultimately cancelling out 2 superb goals from Stéphane Sessègnon and Saido Berahino for the home side, while Chelsea traveled to Selhurst Park with a point to prove against Crystal Palace after their horrorshow defeat at the hands of the Eagles last season, and did not disappoint; a superb freekick from Oscar 8 minutes in and a scintillating team goal finished off by Cesc Fàbregas to open his Chelsea account in the League saw off the Blues' London neighbours, a late consolation strike from Frazier Campbell notwithstanding.

Premier League - Manchester United vs Chelsea UnZVbGG
-
Premier League - Manchester United vs Chelsea MYJqYWU

The Blues' record away to their Sunday hosts over the last half-decade has been variable. 2 wins, 2 defeats, and a draw make up the numbers in the Londoners' League travels to Old Trafford since their Double-winning season of 2010. Still, the Blues have taken 4 out of 6 points from this fixture in the last 2 seasons, and haven't lost in the red half of Manchester in any competition since André Villas-Boas was manager in 2011 - a statistic that will undoubtedly give José Mourinho's men even more motivation to keep their undefeated league run this season going as well as their good recent showings at the Red Devils'.

Premier League - Manchester United vs Chelsea P2JrJCQ

The duo's form over the last month and a half has, perhaps a bit surprisingly, been quite similar. United, despite the struggles only too glaring in their performances, have nevertheless been picking up points of recent, including 3 home wins against Queens Park Rangers, West Ham United and Everton in their last 3 at Old Trafford, fortuitous through the lattermost 1 or 2 may have been. Chelsea, it goes without saying, have also been in fine form, winning 3 of their last 4 games on the road, and 5 of their last 6 overall.

Premier League - Manchester United vs Chelsea YnIUWTM

As a result, the pair come into the weekend's clash 1st and 6th respectively, with a whopping 10 points separating them. Louis Van Gaal and his men will know that a victory would both send out a real and resonant message to the only too numerable doubters they've amassed over the last year or so, and would cut their deficit with the Blues to 7. Chelsea, likewise, know another victory in another big game would both keep their own run going and put a staggering 13 points between themselves and their Sunday hosts.
-

Premier League - Manchester United vs Chelsea WZXbGD5 ........ Premier League - Manchester United vs Chelsea 0004
-

Doubtful for the home side are Angel Di Maria, Antonio Valencia, Ander Herrera, Jonny Evans, and youngster Paddy McNair, all with varying degree of likelihood to return to fitness in time for the weekend, while the Blues look likely to be without 1st and 2nd choice strikers Diego Costa and Loïc Rémy, with André Schürrle and Ramires also in a race for fitness.
-

Premier League - Manchester United vs Chelsea JF4PYtX

Phil Dowd, who last officiated for Manchester United in their 4-0 demolition of Queens Park Rangers at Old Trafford 6 weeks ago, and for Chelsea 2 weeks later in their 3-0 victory of Aston Villa at Stamford Bridge, has been appointed referee for Sunday's affair.

Premier League - Manchester United vs Chelsea ZgHUcBp

The match kicks off at 1600 GMT

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Premier League - Manchester United vs Chelsea Empty Re: Premier League - Manchester United vs Chelsea

Post by Shed Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:40 pm

‘I don't think it is too bad; I really hope to play this weekend’: Loic Remy hopeful of handing Chelsea fitness boost ahead of Manchester United clash:
Chelsea striker Loic Remy is hopeful of making a swift recovery to be fit for his side’s trip to Manchester United on Sunday
http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/22/loic-remy-hopeful-of-handing-chelsea-fitness-boost-ahead-of-manchester-united-clash-4916607/

"It was a bit stiff, and I didn’t feel very comfortable. That’s why I prefer to come off, if I’m not feeling very good it’s better to leave for another player who is 100 per cent."

"We will see with the scan. I really hope it is not too bad. Fortunately I stopped playing because I felt something. I don’t think it is too bad but I felt something. My groin."

"It’s frustrating of course because I had a chance to play because Costa is injured but I am not afraid. I don’t think it is really bad. We will check and I really hope to play again this weekend."

"It is a huge game but every game is tough. Especially this one because it is a big game against a good opponent but I will try to recover as quickly as possible."

cheers
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Premier League - Manchester United vs Chelsea Empty Re: Premier League - Manchester United vs Chelsea

Post by fatman123 Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:42 pm

Theres a decent chance of Schurrle starting at CF for the second season in a row at OT Laughing
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:42 pm

Will be a very good game, I think.

I am praying that Costa will play. Drogba just isn't up to it anymore.

We really should be aiming for a win here. Without ADM, they will struggle so I can see us taking all three points, as long as we can find the back of the net early.

Courtois
Ivanovic Cahill Terry Luis
Fabregas Matic
Willian Oscar Hazard
Solanke

Thumbs up
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:44 pm

Chelsea are ‘another biscuit’: Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal fires bizarre warning ahead of weekend clash:
In a bizarre attempt to warn his players Jose Mourinho’s side will prove a much different prospect to the Baggies, the Dutchman pulled out a saying from his homeland
http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/22/chelsea-are-another-biscuit-manchester-united-boss-louis-van-gaal-fires-bizarre-warning-ahead-of-weekend-clash-4916469/

"In the Netherlands they say ‘it’s another cook.’"

"I don’t know if it’s in England like that. It’s another biscuit, that’s better."

"You don’t understand? It’s another level."

"You cannot compare West Bromwich Albion [to Chelsea]. With great respect, because I think it’s fantastic to play here. The stadium, the fans, the pitch is fantastic."

"West Brom are playing a positional game, not only long balls. I have a great respect for West Bromwich Albion."

"But I think Chelsea’s another level and Manchester City also."
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:45 pm

Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:55 pm

Ashley Young says confidence is high at Manchester United ahead of Chelsea clash:
Ashley Young says Manchester United will go into Sunday’s meeting with Chelsea full of confidence despite failing to convince against West Brom on Monday night
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2801988/ashley-young-says-confidence-high-manchester-united-ahead-chelsea-clash.html

"You have to look at the positives. Obviously they went ahead when we were on top but we came out in the second half and got ourselves back into the game. We take the positives of the possession we had and the attempts at goal."

"We said we wanted to start the second half brightly and get ourselves back into it, which we did with Felli’s [Marouane Fellaini] goal, which was fantastic."

"We wanted to kick on from there and it looked like there was only going to be one team who were going to get the three points – that’s why you saw a lot of disappointed faces in our squad after the game. But you have to take the positives of getting ourselves back into it and getting a point on the road which is important."

"We’ve got tough games coming up with Chelsea and City, but we still go into those games with confidence as high as it always is and we’ll be looking to get some points from those matches."
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:24 pm

Chelsea fan Luke Shaw relishing Blues clash Sunday:
Shaw was a regular spectator at Stamford Bridge growing up in London, and says he's eager to face off against them at ld Trafford this Sunday
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/525999/Luke-Shaw-Chelsea-fan-Manchester-United-massive

"Playing against Chelsea is a big thing in my family and among my friends because I was born around that area of London"

"I used to watch them when I was younger, which is something I'm sure people know by now."

"When I first played at Stamford Bridge with Southampton it was a bit of a surreal experience in a lot of ways because it was at a ground I'd visited as a kid."

"But playing against Chelsea with United at Old Trafford is a different proposition altogether."

"I'm really looking forward to it, especially with how big this fixture is."

"Everyone knows that United-Chelsea games are massive, so it's something I'm really looking forward to."

Laughing
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:30 pm

John Terry: Chelsea won't underestimate ‘world-class’ United:
John Terry insists Chelsea won't travel to Old Trafford expecting an easy game against Manchester United this weekend, despite the Red Devils' struggles the past year
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/526040/John-Terry-Chelsea-world-class-Manchester-United

"They're still a very good side with world-class players in their team."

"Results haven't really gone their way so far but we're still aware at Old Trafford it's a hostile atmosphere and they've got great support behind them."

"We'll go there expecting them to be very good."
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:54 pm

World class players =/= world class side, Express Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:07 am

Chelsea legend Didier Drogba warns Manchester United he's feeling lucky ahead of Sunday clash:
Didier Drogba has warned Manchester United he is feeling "lucky’’ and ready to be Chelsea’s Old Trafford spearhead
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-legend-didier-drogba-warns-4483956

"It’s up to the manager to decide who’s going to start. But if you were a player, how would you feel if they say, 'You can play at Old Trafford'? You’d be happy."

"I’m not fully fit yet, but these kind of games helps me to improve."

"We’re doing a great job and to be able to enjoy these kind of moments is fantastic. We are lucky, and if I play I will feel lucky one more time."

"United are a threat. We need to go there with our strength and our belief but also we have to know that they are a good team."
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:13 am

Great, Drogs isn't fullyfit either :facepalm:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:15 am

Time to recall Torres imo :coffee:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:17 am

Pls, my Solanke prediction is going to come true Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:18 am

Solanke prediction? Suspect
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:21 am

Kick wrote:Will be a very good game, I think.

I am praying that Costa will play. Drogba just isn't up to it anymore.

We really should be aiming for a win here. Without ADM, they will struggle so I can see us taking all three points, as long as we can find the back of the net early.

Courtois
Ivanovic Cahill Terry Luis
Fabregas Matic
Willian Oscar Hazard
Solanke

Thumbs up

:coffee:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:23 am

hmm

Scenes if he scores Proud
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:23 am

I know Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:02 am

fatman123 wrote:Theres a decent chance of Schurrle starting at CF for the second season in a row at OT Laughing

Fatstradamus 2.0 checks in Proud
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:44 am

October 21 · 5:18pm GMT -4 — http://www.goallegacy.net/t29667p126-assesing-our-attack#1320391
October 22 · 7:28am GMT -4 — http://www.goallegacy.net/t36767-premier-league-manchester-united-vs-chelsea#1320615

I think you'll find the oracle was, in fact, I :coffee:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:10 am

Angel Di Maria winning race to face Chelsea on Sunday:
Manchester United winger Angel Di Maria should be fit to face league leaders Chelsea on Sunday after having extra treatment on his injured thigh
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11181490/Manchester-Uniteds-Angel-di-Maria-winning-race-to-face-Chelsea-in-Premier-League-tie.html

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:25 pm

Eden Hazard backed by ex-United coach Meulensteen to lead the line for Chelsea in Diego Costa's absence:
Eden Hazard has been tipped by ex-Manchester United coach Rene Meulensteen to start up front for Chelsea at Old Trafford in the absence of Diego Costa and Loic Remy
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/526534/Eden-Hazard-Chelsea-Costa-Man-Utd-Old-Trafford

"Mourinho could come up and do something different."

"Everyone remembers the fantastic performance Chelsea produced last year away to Manchester City and I can see something similar coming this Sunday at Old Trafford."

"He will be very clever about it. He’ll have a good look at how to best exploit the weaknesses of Manchester United."

"I’m not too sure if he will start with Drogba up front."

"I can see him doing something completely different with a lot of energy and a lot of pace up front – he might even push Hazard into that position."

Laughing unlikely
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:50 pm

John Terry backing Didier Drogba to down Man United:
Chelsea are in safe hands with Didier Drogba leading the attack, says John Terry
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/406595/John-Terry-Chelsea-legend-Didier-Drogba-Man-Utd

"We’ve got a big squad; Didier came on and showed what a great player he still is."

"The players are showing how important the depth of our squad could be this season."

"As the manager rightly says, everybody’s got a part to play and we’ve seen that in the last few games."
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:55 pm

‘It's a hostile atmosphere’: Chelsea skipper John Terry wary of boisterous Manchester United fans:
John Terry says Chelsea will have to be at their best in Sunday's clash with Man United
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/406584/Chelsea-John-Terry-Man-Utd-fans

"They’re still a very good side with world-class players in their team."

"Results haven’t really gone their way so far but we’re still aware at Old Trafford it’s a hostile atmosphere and they’ve got great support behind them."

"We’ll go there expecting them to be very good."
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:39 pm

Yeah, Doubt Hazard will play up top.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next