Vibe
TalkingReckless
Red Alert
McAgger
Gil
81 posters

Page 16 of 29 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next

Go down

Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal - Page 16 Empty Re: Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal

Post by titosantill Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:10 am

the guy's 16, he's not pele, him training with the first team whilst playing for castilla is counterproductive. he should have been signed to a developmental deal, madrid isn't ajax, he was never going to come in and get put in the first team...if isco, chicharito who are all experienced professionals are struggling for a spot, what makes anyone think a youngster still wet behind the ears in top flight will....now to play devil's advocate, once again the guy is 16, and thus very impressionable and probably star-struck, as such once to train with the big boys, but still too young to know what's right for him.

now him training with the first team at this stage doesn't benefit anyone, we are chasing the league and ucl, and carlo and the staff cannot afford to babysit. plus the starters and subs need to bring each others A game to practice, it must be heated and intense (like that lakers practice were kobe yelled at everyone lol), its no place for an impressionable youngster.

him practicing with the first team and playing with the second hampers his own growth, and sends the wrong message to those in the castilla, and to their coach....perez was unwise to use that as a bargaining tool. I don't watch castilla so i can't say much about his performances or lack thereof, but as i mentioned, the dude is 16, in a new country and can still be molded. but don't expect him to make waves next year or the year after next, or even the following year after that...its a long term (and relatively cheap) project, but his best bet is for him to do whatever the castilla coaches say and forget about playing or training with the first team...learn how to crawl first and then walk.

Hyping him constantly will only hurt him, especially if he's lackluster on the pitch (based on what people are saying here), and critiquing him like he's some top level professional athlete will also hamper his growth. he'll need to humble himself and realize he hasn't done anything to warrant first team training, regardless of whatever the contract says....its that simple, it really is.

titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal - Page 16 Empty Re: Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:13 am

^^ great post and I agree with every point

If Castilla get promotion, he should stay there full time and develop, if not he should be loaned out for his own good
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:17 am

this kid is not going to get an easy ride in terms of likability though and you have to accept that as i am sure he did once he rejected and put himself out there to all these clubs to later just join madrid.

i mean i'm sure it's not his fault but every other week he was linked with a new club in the media because he was training with their team.. all those fans will just laugh at him whenever he does a small screwup.
hence why you shouldn't take it too personal when people bump this thread for the wrong reasons.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:35 am

Madrid fans tearing each others throats out over some 7 year old irrelevant guy Proud

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:37 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Madrid fans tearing each others throats out over some 7 year old irrelevant guy Proud

Nothing much to argue about and no one has yet bumped the Benzema thread. We gotta work with what we have Sad
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:40 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:05 pm

Damn, he's 18 already. Had forgottent him completely. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:07 am

Harmonica wrote:Damn, he's 18 already. Had forgottent him completely. Laughing

He's 17. Not the first time you provide faulty statistics :coffee:
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:57 am

Boy seems legit
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:59 am

Legit in 3rd division, possibly, at 18. How the time flies. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:09 am

What the heck he's ONLY 18 not ALREADY 18. He's the same age Didier Drogba was in 1996. The same age Xavi was in 1998.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:10 am

Harmonica wrote:Legit in 3rd division, possibly, at 18. How the time flies. Laughing

I said seems based solely on the video posted, it's impossible to say if a guy will have the determination to make it at the very top, but the talent is apparently there.
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:12 am

People expecting footballer to be younger and younger. 18 is a kid, he has his whole career in front of him.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:16 am

rincon wrote:People expecting footballer to be younger and younger. 18 is a kid, he has his whole career in front of him.

The reason he hasn't been promoted I guess is because he isn't ready physically to cope in La Liga, not because the talent is not there. I've never seen a 18y.o passing better than this kid.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:18 am

He's 17.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:19 am

zigra wrote:He's 17.

18 in 2 weeks
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:20 am

I know.
That means he's 17 now.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:21 am

No what it means that you're insecure.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:24 am

Tbh almost every all time great started really young, not saying that he will necessarily be of course. Late bloomers like Zidane are exceptions.
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:25 am

Harmonica wrote:No what it means that you're insecure.

Please stop derailing the thread with your spam, thank you.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:26 am

What can I say, I like to needle Refdrid and this adult, still playing kids game is a casualty of that. Crying or Very sad
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:02 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
rincon wrote:People expecting footballer to be younger and younger. 18 is a kid, he has his whole career in front of him.

The reason he hasn't been promoted I guess is because he isn't ready physically to cope in La Liga, not because the talent is not there. I've never seen a 18y.o passing better than this kid.

He would've gone to Rennes if he was 18, but he was too young to get a permit or something. He's probably getting a loan in January.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:22 pm

Freeza wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

He would've gone to Rennes if he was 18, but he was too young to get a permit or something. He's probably getting a loan in January.

I'd rather have him go to BuLi or in Holland.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:50 pm

Harmonica wrote:No what it means that you're insecure.

Insecure? We've all seen how underwhelming La Masia's current generation is, so it came as no surprise that your focus is directed towards a Real Madrid youth product Rolling Eyes

If he was 18 already, he would've been loaned out by now.. like your precious what's his face from Croatia dunnowherehesplayingnow. How old is he, by the way?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:02 pm

I don't give a rats ass of La Masia, what amuses me how this adult still hasn't played an adult game, nevermind that he was like the best ever in the making. rofl
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:09 pm

Harmonica wrote:I don't give a rats ass of La Masia, what amuses me how this adult still hasn't played an adult game, nevermind that he was like the best ever in the making. rofl

So a 17 year old is now an adult in the footballing world...

Harmonica you need to take a break. I know that you are attacking this kid because somewhere in that head of yours, you belive this kid is somehow threatening Messi's ability when he was 18. You are just covering your bases.

So admit you lied about a 17 year old being 18 and now a 17 year old should be getting regular minutes at the biggest club and current European champions?  

Never change.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 29 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next