Vibe
TalkingReckless
Red Alert
McAgger
Gil
81 posters

Page 10 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next

Go down

Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal - Page 10 Empty Re: Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:34 pm

well, who?

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal - Page 10 Empty Re: Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal

Post by B-Mac Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:39 pm

ok but what was the last player you had as a 16 year old develop into a regular starter and fulfilled there potential?

buying 20 year olds is different then 16 year olds
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:40 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:well, who?

that's who
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:41 pm

Granero
Dani Parejo
Soldado before his weird decline
Juan Mata
Casilla
Callejon
Morata

There's really a lot of good players out there that Real Madrid helped develop. To say we ruin young players by giving them 70 games in 2 years without them doing something of note, is ridiculous...
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:43 pm

Off the top of my head Ruben Neves, Abdelhak Nouri and Hachim Mastour will all be better than this kid. :coffee:
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:44 pm

Freeza wrote:

Granero
Dani Parejo
Juan Mata
Casilla
Callejon
Morata

There's really a lot of good players out there that Real Madrid helped develop. To say we ruin young players by giving them 70 games in 2 years without them doing something of note, is ridiculous...

so a bunch of mid table talent.....
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:45 pm

El Cujo wrote:Off the top of my head Ruben Neves, Abdelhak Nouri and Hachim Mastour will all be better than this kid. :coffee:

sounds like butthurt because he turned you down after you got your hopes up after seeing him training with liverpool Laughing

at least Hans admitted he was disappointed he got his hopes up Proud

Last edited by B-Mac on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:45 pm

Freeza wrote:

Granero
Dani Parejo
Juan Mata
Casilla
Callejon
Morata

I'm not saying you ruined those players, I'm just noticing that neither of them became a Real Madrid star or regular player, and I assume that is why Ödegaard joined, and not to go to Napoli or somewhere after 2 years of sub appearances.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:47 pm

B-Mac wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Juan Mata

exactly hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:48 pm

El Cujo wrote:Off the top of my head Ruben Neves, Abdelhak Nouri and Hachim Mastour will all be better than this kid. :coffee:

Lol nice try. Pool fan and Proud became this kid and :coffee:
Laughing

Last edited by Lumiere_Blanche on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:49 pm

B-Mac wrote:

I didn't get my hopes up, *bleep* Kalle Rummenigge got my hopes up, that moron.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:49 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
B-Mac wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Juan Mata

exactly hmm

is this supposed to be news hmm

I know Mata is not good enough for us top 4 teams :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:51 pm

B-Mac wrote:

sounds like butthurt because he turned you down after you got your hopes up after seeing him training with liverpool Laughing

Except I said this all when he was rumoured to be signing with Liverpool. scratch

I think he's an exciting talent but I'm not worked up over him choosing Real Madrid. Good for him. Like I said when the rumours were going around -- I don't think he's shown any more at this point than Ojo, Canos or Wilson and he would fit in with them at our youth level.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:51 pm

I'm just sick and tired of this bs that Real ruins players without even giving a proper example of it. Illarra was used as an example ffs, a 23 year old midfielder when we bought him who has gotten some 70 games (lot of subs) and still not taken his chance.
The club gets all the blame for talents not fulfilling their potential, but a lot of the work is also in the player's own mental state surrounding the development. I really think Ødegaard can flourish is this environment, since from what I've seen and heard he's a very mature and hard working kid.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:52 pm

El Cujo wrote:
B-Mac wrote:

Except I said this all when he was rumoured to be signing with Liverpool. scratch

I think he's an exciting talent but I'm not worked up over him choosing Real Madrid. Good for him. Like I said when the rumours were going around -- I don't think he's shown any more at this point than Ojo, Canos or Wilson and he would fit in with them at our youth level.

except he was playing against men in Norway in a professional league where they are playing to put food on the table....not 130 lbs 16 year olds
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:55 pm

B-Mac wrote:except he was playing against men ins Norway....not 130 lbs 16 year olds

Laughing ...ah yes, the great Norwegian premier league. Top class league, that. Would be willing to bet Liverpool's UEFA Youth league team gets 1st place in that table.

EDIT: I meant no offence Norwegians, the Liverpool youth team is quite strong right now. Thumbs up

Last edited by El Cujo on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:55 pm

Imo we should loan him to Ajax or something for a few years. He needs to be regularly playing at a decent level.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:57 pm

El Cujo wrote:
B-Mac wrote:except he was playing against men ins Norway....not 130 lbs 16 year olds

Laughing ...ah yes, the great Norwegian premier league. Top class league, that. Would be willing to bet Liverpool's UEFA Youth league team gets 1st place in that table.

Just like your senior team dominated the mighty Ludogorets.

No disrespect? are you kidding me, that's incredibly disrespectful.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:59 pm

El Cujo wrote:

EDIT: I meant no offence Norwegians, the Liverpool youth team is quite strong right now. Thumbs up

lmao you are so deluded and ignorant if you believe that
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:00 pm

Freeza wrote:I'm just sick and tired of this bs that Real ruins players without even giving a proper example of it. Illarra was used as an example ffs, a 23 year old midfielder when we bought him who has gotten some 70 games (lot of subs) and still not taken his chance.
The club gets all the blame for talents not fulfilling their potential, but a lot of the work is also in the player's own mental state surrounding the development. I really think Ødegaard can flourish is this environment, since from what I've seen and heard he's a very mature and hard working kid.

while that is all true, still there's a point when push comes to shove and young players need gametime, mental state this or that.
The bigger the club, the more tricky that is, and I don't think you can deny that Real haven't got a very good record at establishing players from their youth in their first team.
Not that this wouldn't be a similar problem at Bayern of course - but I still didn't hear any Real equivalents to Kroos, Alaba and Müller from you hmm

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:00 pm

heard he was an idol of messi and had to delete tweets of praising him while joining madrid.

one hour later "ronaldo is the best"
:wub: it's okay we know how you really feel.
first chichadorito now this kid Laughing

Last edited by Donuts on Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:00 pm

How is that disrespectful? After some of the 'banter' slung around here about every which team you choose that to pick a bone with? Would it be disrespectful to say any team is better than any other? Saying a team is better than another is not disrespectful.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:02 pm

It was disrespectful to the Norwegian league, no doubt.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:04 pm

Rolling Eyes

I would bring up a bunch of posts but it's pointless. Feign being insulted IDC. The whole thing started because I consider some other very young players to look more promising than Odegaard (which they do).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:05 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Freeza wrote:I'm just sick and tired of this bs that Real ruins players without even giving a proper example of it. Illarra was used as an example ffs, a 23 year old midfielder when we bought him who has gotten some 70 games (lot of subs) and still not taken his chance.

while that is all true, still there's a point when push comes to shove and young players need gametime, mental state this or that.
The bigger the club, the more tricky that is, and I don't think you can deny that Real haven't got a very good record at establishing players from their youth in their first team.
Not that this wouldn't be a similar problem at Bayern of course - but I still didn't hear any Real equivalents to Kroos, Alaba and Müller from you hmm

I had Carvajal and Jesé hmm not on Kroos's level though, but that's our win Proud Müller also great.

I really just want to give the kid the benefit of the doubt. There is no point raging on this transfer etc. Sure he could have picked a team like Ajax or Liverpool (senior/b-team, since youth team is GOAT) where he'd be an undisputed starter. But I guess he has more ambition. If he'd picked any top team, the result would be the same. I think we've showed that we atleast can develop the foreign youngsters we buy, sure we miss an undisputed starter from our own academy other than Carvajal.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:06 pm

Well, the reality is that we didn't have many Madrid caliber players in our youth system except for Jese and Carvajal. The only WC player I can think of is Mata and he wouldn't be a starter either. In order to develop some players from the youth teams they also need to be good enough, unless you go Pep-route in Barca and promote every scrub like Tello, Montoya, Sergi Roberto. A great player from an academy comes ones at 4-5 years at best ... The players we brought from the youth-teams to the A-team are starting material or will be in the near future.

Madrid actually developed a few players in the last 10 years that were bought at 18-19-20 that turned out to be quiet good like Ramos, Marcelo, Higuain, Varane. Benzema, Ozil, Di Maria were also very young when they came and they turned out ok. Canales is not a good example since he was hampered by injuries.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next