M99
gnrfan
VendettaRed07
sree999
junkyard
37 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Top FIFA Official: 'The 2022 World Cup Will Not Take Place In Qatar' - Page 3 Empty Re: Top FIFA Official: 'The 2022 World Cup Will Not Take Place In Qatar'

Post by Kaladin Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:14 pm

So far, the dates aren't final. We don't know whether its going to be in Winter or Summer, or if even the leagues will allow that, despite what FIFA officials say.

Secondly, the air cons of stadiums aren't possible due to the pace of constructing stadiums, 3/8 are still at a preliminary state and the rest are still in the works. I don't know when they are completed or if its possible to install the air con in the stadiums in time.

Thirdly, why are you angry with me? Your tone suggests that i helped fund the Third Reich.

Yes Qatar has slave labour, yes its hot, the population is too small, there is no footballing culture (There is). By no means is it a perfect state, but is football not a global sport? Should it not be attainable by every country in the world? I realize that there might have been double-dealings and illegitimate pandering. But Is it so difficult to comprehend Qatar, whether it was the right or wrong choice that Qatar got the bid. Could it just be the bid committee put their hearts and souls, a limitless budget and all the PR experts out there behind this bid and simply gave it all?

By no means do i condone slave labor before anyone points fingers, thankfully the laws are changing, more conservative laws are fading.

Of course i will get a lot of flak, but this is the internet. Its nigh impossible to get people to change their views.

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Top FIFA Official: 'The 2022 World Cup Will Not Take Place In Qatar' - Page 3 Empty Re: Top FIFA Official: 'The 2022 World Cup Will Not Take Place In Qatar'

Post by futbol Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:20 pm

Another reason to never move to Australia. Apart from the giant 5 meter spiders. :coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:22 pm

Fußball wrote:Another reason to never move to Australia. Apart from the giant 5 meter spiders. :coffee:

giant spiders exist pretty much everywhere except europe and north america :coffee:
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:59 pm

Fußball wrote:Another reason to never move to Australia. Apart from the giant 5 meter spiders. :coffee:
Didn't we just have a WC in Brazil with stadiums in the middle of the Amazon? Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:12 am

El Shaarawy wrote:So far, the dates aren't final. We don't know whether its going to be in Winter or Summer, or if even the leagues will allow that, despite what FIFA officials say.

Won't matter when you guys do it, it'll still face massive problems.

Secondly, the air cons of stadiums aren't possible due to the pace of constructing stadiums, 3/8 are still at a preliminary state and the rest are still in the works. I don't know when they are completed or if its possible to install the air con in the stadiums in time.

Thirdly, why are you angry with me? Your tone suggests that i helped fund the Third Reich.

I'm not angry with you, i can see why your defending it, i just think it wasn't the deserving bid.

Yes Qatar has slave labour, yes its hot,These two issues are too big to just ignore it like that the population is too small, there is no footballing culture (There is)not really a problem, it's what the WC is for, you could say the same thing about Australia. By no means is it a perfect state, but is football not a global sport? Should it not be attainable by every country in the worldYour right it should, but only in the right circumstances, you won't see a WC in north Korea anytime soon ? I realize that there might have been double-dealings and illegitimate pandering. But Is it so difficult to comprehend Qatar, whether it was the right or wrong choice that Qatar got the bid. Could it just be the bid committee put their hearts and souls, a limitless budget and all the PR experts out there behind this bid and simply gave it allWe all know the main reason Qatar got the bid, don't try milk some BS about hearts and souls, if you guys had hearts and souls you wouldn't use slaves to build the stadiums?

By no means do i condone slave labor before anyone points fingers, thankfully the laws are changing, more conservative laws are fading.

Of course i will get a lot of flak, but this is the internet. Its nigh impossible to get people to change their views.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:53 am

farfan wrote:giant spiders exist pretty much everywhere except  europe and north america :coffee:
That's why I prefer to stay in Middle Europe, thank you very much (not so sure about South Europe with the spiders) *shudders*
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by BORUSSIA!! Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:07 am

giant spiders and poisonous snakes and scorpians everywhere has to be the worst and most untrue stereotype for australia.

you'll find them in the middle of the outback where no one lives but they're as common as or even probably less so as they are in the amazon

in urban areas along coastal areas where everyone lives you'll find as many of these creatures as you would in any other city in the world

most people do have pet kangaroos though but they're harmless

BORUSSIA!!
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:33 am

Did they already take the decision to host the WC in winter? It will look funny to stop all the leagues during mid season. CL scheduling will be hampered. And many important players will surely get themselves injured to miss the rest of the season.
junkyard
junkyard
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:36 pm

Meh, we got a winter break already, mwahahaha.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:49 pm

But I want my winter sports in Winter and not football *sulk*
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:05 pm

who knows if we're still alive in 2022.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:11 pm

Algeria has basically all of europes oil and they don't have a dime Laughing read a book :facepalm:
While Algeria has a significant oil reserve & production, it's no where near the major oil producing and oil-driven economies.

actually they do Laughing they have some of the lowest foriegn debt in the world ( 2% of GDP ) thanks to their oil and gas revenue .
But do they have a robust economy (based or built-on oil production/export)! The Debt-GDP ratio is really impressive but what about other indicators like employment rate, forex reserve, balance of payment, FDI etc. Hosting a World Cup would have meant investing billions in Stadium & related infrastructure projects and it might have meant diverting funds from other projects.

Anyway, all these are pointless now.

Talking about Qatar (it's time zone, actually), well, I have watched WC at Mexico, Brazil, US (12 hours behind local time); Germany, South Africa (3 hours behind local time); Japan/Korea (6 hours ahead of local time); so it hardly matters.

Like Awesome said, it's (World Cup) football and I will be watching.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:39 pm

The time zone is the least of my problems. My main concern is the horrible human rights track record.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:40 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Then, if i'm used to Qatar's weather for the past 20 years, then it shouldn't be a problem for you guys

I would be happy with a summer world cup, Qatar's summer temperatures are similar to my own birth countries, I would enjoy my time over there during the 2022 WC.

The type of temperatures Qatar has isn't anywhere near as bad as people would like you to believe, people aren't going to be falling over due to heat stroke every 5 mins ffs Laughing

Me and my old buddies used to play football for hours during summer break in 37-45 degree temperatures ffs, nothing bad happened to us. Proud

The only downside in living in such a hot country was the thunderstorms. Oh lawd, oh lawd. Scary shit.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:48 pm

you and your buddies probably didn't play with the same intensity as professionals though, if it's true that it can get to a high of 106 degrees Fahrenheit or 41 degrees Celsius then i can see the issues.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:04 pm

rwo power wrote:But I want my winter sports in Winter and not football *sulk*
Plot twist: there has never been a summer WC south of the equator
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:07 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
rwo power wrote:But I want my winter sports in Winter and not football *sulk*
Plot twist: there has never been a summer WC south of the equator
But they were still in June/July/August and not during the time when here in Germany (and a couple other countries in Northern and Middle Europe) you would see contests in biathlon, skiing, luge, bobsleigh, skijumping etc...
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:31 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:The time zone is the least of my problems. My main concern is the horrible human rights track record.

Who you talking about?
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:14 am

rwo power wrote:
But they were still in June/July/August and not during the time when here in Germany (and a couple other countries in Northern and Middle Europe) you would see contests in biathlon, skiing, luge, bobsleigh, skijumping etc...
Solution: just give the 2022 winter olympics to Argentina hmm

Football in 'winter' and winter sports in 'summer', not competing with each other
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:14 am

Hm. I guess I could live with that hmm
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:56 am

I wrote an essay in one of my final exams about the World Cup corruption and the poor working conditions, thank you GOAT Legacy :bow:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:47 pm

fatman123 wrote:I wrote an essay in one of my final exams about the World Cup corruption and the poor working conditions, thank you GOAT Legacy :bow:

That's actually awesome Proud
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:54 pm

FIFA whistleblowers break their silence: If you question governing body, be prepared to be crucified, be prepared to be betrayed by those who promised to protect you

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2836114/FIFA-whistleblowers-break-silence-question-governing-body-prepared-crucified.html#ixzz3JBVINlqh
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3