+4
huntsman
Soul
Kick
Shed
8 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Premier League - Manchester City vs Chelsea - Page 5 Empty Re: Premier League - Manchester City vs Chelsea

Post by Soul Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:01 pm

Sucks to end this way but I'd have taken a draw at the start as well.

Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Premier League - Manchester City vs Chelsea - Page 5 Empty Re: Premier League - Manchester City vs Chelsea

Post by Uncanny Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:36 pm

Shed wrote:Also asinine to put Drogba on over Remy just after they equalised knowing we'd need a winner. No idea what José was thinking or doing.

i am wondering about this too hmm
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:02 am

Laughing

Shed you are as bad as Sepi at times Laughing

Calling Ramires, Hazard and Willian poor. Saying you feel sick with a draw.

Honestly, I was disappointed at the time, but we're 3 points ahead and got a point from the hardest game in the league, we remain 3 points clear and showed that we can still do the job against the big teams, if we replicate that kind of performance against the other top teams while beating the minnows, we'll run away with the league.

It was a test today and we showed (while not winning) we're up to it.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:05 am

Kickster you should be only too familiar by now with my post-match overreaction-filled rampages just after a game's ended Laughing

Indeed, having settled down a bit and analysed not specifically the final 20 minutes or so but rather the affair as a whole, I think we should be taking that draw and dancing back to London with it. We were really rather poor on the day overall; Willian and Ramires were shocking (though did improve in the second half, in fairness), Hazard was completely taken out of the game by them and so was Costa, and we were slightly lucky with some of the things that went our way.
-

In the end, our toughest game of the season is out of the way and we've come out of it with a point (at a ground we've been piss poor at in the last half-decade or so) and 5 points clear of them. Hard to complain, especially when just about the lot of us in this section unanimously said we'd happily take a draw in the lead-up to it.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:11 am

Ramires saved us on more than one occasion, he offered things up front and was a tireless runner, I disagree he was poor, he is, in my books, excellent for what we needed.

Willian did well, nothing too flashy but again, defended well.

I don't know what you expect of Hazard, I think he was fine, that assist, too!

My only complaint goes to Schurrle, how can you let James Milner playing LB destroy you?

Had he watched Milner's run, we would have prevented the goal and won.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:14 am

Premier League - Manchester City vs Chelsea - Page 5 UsBcMco

Very good point.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:17 am

Shows our ambition for this season.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:17 am

Premier League - Manchester City vs Chelsea - Page 5 WdnJ7Y0

Another good point.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:18 am

Still undefeated this season, too.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:19 am

Molenation
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:24 am

Gotta say though, If we can get through the next three games, Villa (h), Arsenal (h) Palace (a), without a loss, we'll set ourselves up very nicely.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:31 am

Indeed. Villa won't be easy by any means, Arsenal is always a big game, and Crystal Palace have actually done quite well under Colin so far including a win away at Everton today.

After that though it's easy sailing with Midtable United and QPHAHAHA next :coffee:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:34 am

If Arsenal can beat Villa, we can too.

6 0 tells me Arsenal are pretty easy Wink

Palace will be tough but I imagine Cesc and Costa will do well.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:36 am

Same thing you said before our games against Palace and Villa (albeit away) last year tbf, and we lost both.

Yes yes, I know we've a better team this year and all but they're by no means sure-things.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:38 am

Laughing

I am forever the optimist.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:44 am

A draw is not bad result, but the performance was disappointing tbh. Hate how scared we played, would have loved to see us press City when they had the ball and countered.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:46 am

I don't think Jose would have allowed that, especially early on when we were 11 v 11.

Better to go there and get a 0 all than a 1 or 2 nil loss.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:52 am

https://twitter.com/JohhynE/status/513753955634253824

Think this tweet I saw earlier sum this situation up quite well. Have to take the bad with the good with José.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:55 am

While I can agree with that, he gets results and that is what matters.

Also, do people expect us to play like Barca 09-11 or something? It's hard to reach those levels of perfection in every game. No one can do that every game, I'd rather see results than attractive football, look how that's turned out for Arsenal.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:59 am

It's because of the bad that he gets the good. Take last season. Playing for draws away to all our rivals was tremendously frustrating and almost unbearably boring during the actual matches and tenfold immediately after them, but come the end of the season, it was those results that saw us 8 points clear at the top of the Top 6 head-to-head chart and got us closer to winning the title than we ever had any right to be.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:00 am

Exactly.

Or should we go the Arsenal way and try to out play them and lose (they were bottom in the top 6 charts, were they not?)
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:02 am

Yea, would rather see us negotiate boring 0-0 and 1-1 draws than be eviscerated on the road against all the big boys like Arse rofl
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:30 am

Kick wrote:While I can agree with that, he gets results and that is what matters.

Also, do people expect us to play like Barca 09-11 or something? It's hard to reach those levels of perfection in every game. No one can do that every game, I'd rather see results than attractive football, look how that's turned out for Arsenal.

Smh u know i don't mean that.

It would have been nice to actually play football, then just defend. The way Alti played against Barca last season is a good example. Their pressing and discipline off the ball completely disrupted Barca tiki taka crap, they couldn't string any meaningful passing in that game. Dortmund is another example of playing aggressive football on the counter, and Bayern under Jupp.

No need to play like Barca or Arsenal, i will never support park the bus tactics unless it is necessarily. It was necessary under RDM in our CL run, clarly that team did not have the quality to compete against Barca and Bayern without parking the bus.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:35 am

That wasn't directed at you, blue, it was more of a general observation.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:41 am

https://twitter.com/chelseafc/status/513705989108158464

rofl
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:46 am

rofl
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next