Insoucious
Art Morte
The Franchise
Casciavit
Hapless_Hans
18 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Platini threatens Ribéry with Bundesliga ban - Page 4 Empty Re: Platini threatens Ribéry with Bundesliga ban

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:02 pm

what's also funny is that the 'sports lawyer' I cited apparently wrote a whole article on the matter for the 'Legal Tribune Online' without bothering to read the official FIFA commentary to the regulations lol.
I had to read the comments below to find it mentioned Laughing

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Platini threatens Ribéry with Bundesliga ban - Page 4 Empty Re: Platini threatens Ribéry with Bundesliga ban

Post by farfan Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:21 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:LOL

and now I found the official FIFA 'commentary' to the above cited regulations.
http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/51/56/07/transfer_commentary_06_en_1843.pdf

It says:

Annex 1, Art. 3 'Calling up players' wrote: Once a player has been called up to play for his national team, he basically has to comply with this summons. Should he wish not to be called up for a certain match or matches or for a certain period of time, he must inform the association of which he is a national, in writing, of his intention before being called up. Furthermore, only the player himself is entitled to renounce representing his national team.
This declaration shall be submitted by the player to the association concerned in writing
(p. 91)

So it says black and white a player himself can decide to not play for his NT if he wishes so. End of story.

but isn't this the whole problem in this situation ? scratch
the rule you quoted implies that a player must submit an official resignation to the federation before a call up .
ribery didn't do that .

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4