I'm sure it's blown out of proportion.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Super || Mario Balotelli - Page 4 Empty Re: Super || Mario Balotelli

Post by McAgger Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:39 pm

Mark Hughes @MarkHughes_ · 7m
Balotelli incident wasn't even that bad. Both players went for the ball then he got subbed, media make a big deal out of everything.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:42 pm

Wolves player

Aaron McCarey ‏@mccareyA1 42m
Good game today against a strong Liverpool team. Unlucky to lose 1-0. These rumours tho

Nothing happened idiots on twitter smh
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:10 pm

David Anderson @MirrorAnderson
Follow
Am being told that no incident took place today involving Mario Balotelli in the match against Wolves.
8:32 PM - 5 Sep 2014

Disgusting attention seeking knobs in twitter
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:46 am

Super || Mario Balotelli - Page 4 P0EcTb5

Super || Mario Balotelli - Page 4 EI6jVDx
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:34 pm

He's been so close to scoring in every game he's played so far it's about time he buried one (and an important one at that). I think as his confidence and familiarity with the team and system grows so too will his presence and impact. Looking forward to good times ahead with this lad.

I hope that whenever Balotelli is used we stick to a two striker formation as he is so clearly better as a second striker than as a lone one. As soon as Borini came on the impact was quite obvious. If Sturridge is out for a while I would like to see Balotelli/Borini tried for a while. Even Borini looked quite good last game to be honest.

Also hopefully Gerrard can use his influence to help keep him in check.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:18 pm

He will benefit so much from Sturridge it's not even funny.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:12 pm

Liverpool Echo wrote: Liverpool FC's Mario Balotelli believed to have donated five-figure sum to fire-hit Manchester Dogs' Home

Sep 17, 2014 19:37
   By Laura Connor
   0 Comments

The Liverpool striker is suspected of having made generous donation and his love of dogs is widely known

Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli has shown his kind hearted side after appearing to have made a generous donation to Manchester Dogs’ Home.

The striker is thought to have given a five-figure sum to the home after 60 dogs were killed in a blaze a week ago today.

Staff at the charity suspect the dog-loving Italian is behind the generous handout and have revealed how the star previously volunteered for them during his time at Premier League rivals Manchester City.

Madcap Mario offered his free time walking abandoned dogs for the dogs’ home while his pet pooch was in quarantine in Italy ahead of a move to Manchester.

And an anonymous donation made via the Manchester Evening News’ Justgiving page has now piqued the curiosity of charity bosses, who are now investigating whether the newly-acquired Liverpool striker is the benefactor.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-fcs-mario-balotelli-believed-7789685
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:39 am

Good Guy balo, in all honesty he is showing really good signs of his maturity. If there was ever a game to test his ability to control himself it was the villa game, he got shown some rough treatment and managed to maintain a cool head, hurry up sturridge.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:21 pm

Mario Balotelli has been taking history lessons – in a bid to become a Grade A student in goalscoring at Liverpool Football Club.

The Italian international is only just 24, but has already enjoyed a well travelled career which has taken in both Milan clubs, Manchester City and now the Reds.

Boss Brendan Rodgers revealed this week that Balotelli has been checking up on great Anfield strikers of the past – and the history of his new home city – in a bid to integrate even more quickly at Anfield.

“He’s a boy who has really looked into the history of the club and he understands the great strikers of the past,” explained the Reds boss.

“We have spoken about Suarez and his time here.

“Remember he’s still young, he still wants to learn, he still needs to learn and that’s the beauty of it for me.

“When I spoke to him when I first met him he still had this keenness to want to learn and when you see his work against Ludogorets, he put his body on the line and he needs to do more of that.

“I think that will come when he gets fitter and getting into good positions will allow him to score goals.

“But he’s well in tune with the history, not only of the club, but of Liverpool.”

As well as building his local knowledge, Rodgers believes that Balotelli’s phsyical condition is also improving and Liverpool will garner the benefit from his improved condition.

On Tuesday Balotelli completed his first 90 minutes for the Reds – and was strong enough to open the scoring in the final 10 minutes of the match.

Rodgers explained: “I’d always planned to keep him on. I took him off in the other two games, but it’s about building up his matches.

“Against Tottenham it was an hour. Then he has been working well, but he was ill leading up to the Aston Villa game but we needed him.

“So he was up to 70-odd minutes then and he will get fitter with the games.

“The idea was to persist with him. He’s a good reference for us and he’s improving with each day that he trains.

“It was a brilliant finish, a wonderful technique, and that’s what we required at that moment, that bit of Champions League class if you want to call it that and he showed that.”

Rodgers added that he was happy to spend extra time with Balotelli in a bid to improve him as a footballer.

“As a coach you’ll always have some players who are low maintenance and some who are high maintenance for different reasons,” he said.

“I’ll spend a lot of time with a lot of the players, but he’s a good boy and he’s prepared to work.

“His workrate tonight (against Ludogorets) was good, okay the ball’s bounced off him a couple of times but we’re trying to improve him in the transition so that when he makes a mistake he can go after it.

“I think we can see he’s trying to put it in for the team and that’s very important because the crowd demand that.

“The players who have been here in the past in that position have been non-stop and he’s becoming atuned to that.

“He’s aware of that.

“He scores goals and if he continues to work, everyone knows he’s got the quality and he produced it when we needed it tonight.”

Balotelli might have celebrated his first goal for the Reds, but he was part of an overall performance which failed to hit the heights.

Boss Rodgers believes that the side is missing key performers like Daniel Sturridge, but that the style which saw the Reds enjoy a run of 11 successive Premier League victories last season will return.

“We need to continue to work well in the league,” he added. “Obviously when you come into this competition and you don’t play so well, you need to win, And we can do no more than that.

“We won the game tonight but we’ve still got a way to go to reach the level of last season and the last 18 months, but we have a few really important players out and when we get them back that will strengthen up the group again.

“Whilst that happens we have to maintain that perseverance and keep working on the training field.

“Our game is about our speed of passing and the speed of our movement and the intensity of our pressure - and I still think we’ve got a way to go.

“I think we demonstrated it against Tottenham, but we’ve lost players in the international break who are critical to that. Once they come back that will bring us back to that level but until that comes the players will continue and show their character.

“We’ll get back to that, it will just take a wee bit of time.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-fc-balotelli-taking-liverpool-7789925
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:44 pm

All the same things he did when he arrived to Milan, until it all went awry and reverting back to Mario. Excuse me for the skepticism but it'll take a whole season for me to see that he won't be reverting back to his usual self.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Sociedad

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:55 am

Having a very similar start as Luis. :X

Can't really trust his teammates because they all lack testicles in the final third, meaning Balotelli is shooting like an idiot every 2nd wave of attack, has 'special' moments from time to time, no real luck in front of goal.

Really needs DS15 back to relieve some pressure off of him imo.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:04 am

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/02/mario-balotelli-liverpool-brendan-rodgers-luis-suarez

Brendan Rodgers has defended Liverpool’s efforts to replace Luis Suárez yet conceded that Mario Balotelli represented his last viable option when signing the forward from Milan for £16m.

The Liverpool manager made his first public criticism of Balotelli following the 24-year-old’s meagre contribution in the Champions League defeat by Basel on Wednesday, admitting the Italian’s creativity and strike rate must improve.

“In terms of his behaviour he is consciously trying to work hard at what we demand here, the intensity and work rate,” said Rodgers. “I think in terms of goals, he needs to improve. It is as simple as that. At this moment he has not hit the numbers he will have wanted. I encourage the strikers to get into the framework of the goal, wide players to come in and get into the framework of the goal and to break the lines. The quality of our service [against Basel] wasn’t up to the standard it should be. You also have to make and create goals yourself and he didn’t do that. But we win and lose as a team, and against Basel we were not good enough.”

I didn't quote the whole article, just to let you know, but Rodgers is unnecessarily singling out Balotelli by saying "he needs to score more", when it's all our attacking play that's been dismal this season. I also don't know if it's clever to come out and say "we tried others in the window, but in the end Balotelli was the best we could get".

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:52 am

Awful man management by Rodgers. Throwing Balo under the bus. He clearly regrets signing him, but he shouldn't air out his discontent to the media.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:46 am

Wtf's he doing.

He has one good season where we had a lot of fortune and luck on our side and he's going about it as if he's just won the treble. :facepalm:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:13 pm

I think you guys are looking far too much into it. I'm sure that it didn't bother Balotelli at all. Rodgers is right, Balotelli has 1 goal in 6 games. We need him to score more. I'm sure he knows how to manage his players considering most of them talk about how great of a man manager he is.

But keep going. The worst part about not starting off great is you guys getting on about every little thing related to the team.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:17 pm

El Cujo wrote:I think you guys are looking far too much into it. I'm sure that it didn't bother Balotelli at all. Rodgers is right, Balotelli has 1 goal in 6 games. We need him to score more. I'm sure he knows how to manage his players considering most of them talk about how great of a man manager he is.

But keep going. The worst part about not starting off great is you guys getting on about every little thing related to the team.

We're off to a pretty bad start to the season, I don't see why we should just shrug it off like it's nothing.

Rodgers isn't right to just tell Balotelli to score more when no one is creating chances for him. Rodgers would be right if Balotelli was missing chance after chance, but our overall attacking play is just in a bad shape and it's cheap to criticize your striker in such a case, when the fault is much wider than that.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:11 pm

Art Morte wrote:We're off to a pretty bad start to the season, I don't see why we should just shrug it off like it's nothing.

Rodgers isn't right to just tell Balotelli to score more when no one is creating chances for him. Rodgers would be right if Balotelli was missing chance after chance, but our overall attacking play is just in a bad shape and it's cheap to criticize your striker in such a case, when the fault is much wider than that.

Right but Rodgers isn't just blaming Balotelli. He's been fielding questions about Balo since he was signed and he's been deflecting them for weeks already. He just addressed a question by saying he expects his strikers to score more than 1 goal every 6 games. With that said he didn't absolve the rest of the team of blame as he very clearly said you win and lose as a team. He was just highlighting what Balotelli as an individual needed to be better at. He also said that Balotelli has been working hard and doing good things in training to get on the same level as the rest of the team.

I really think people are reading too much into this. I don't think that Balo will be offended and Rodgers is not trying to blame him for the misfortune of the team so far.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:13 pm

He is probably our worst forward in many times. He has had many consecutive starts but has scored no goals at all. The only one who I can think of in similar circumstances was Peter Crouch who took a lot of time to score his first goals.

But even Peter still did contributed to our team in other ways. Whereas Balo is only disturbing our team flow and he himself is totally out of touch in all kinds of ways. I am sick of seeing him start. He plays crap and yet Rodgers still starts with him.

Rodgers has preferential treatment for several players, while giving little opportunities to others or almost discarding them without giving them a fair chance (Agger, Sakho, etc..).

I'm not saying some players will get no chances with him; but the key difference is that some can have 15 shite games not being dropped (Lovren), while others can have 1 poor-average game (Agger, Sakho) and they won't get a fair punt at the starting 11 for a bunch of games after that. And Lovren is one of the biggest jokes of a defender I've ever seen if I'm being completely honest, the sheer capability to make a mistake after a mistake is shockingly appaling. Even Djimi Traore didn't make as many mistakes.

This kind of an approach is not good, and in the long term it could mean Rodgers's downfall.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by HOXTYGEN Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:45 pm

Balotelli’s predictable petulance masks the deeper sins of others. He was a panic buy. Discounted items are not reduced because owners are suddenly struck down by philanthropy. They want them off the shelf before they pass their sell-by date and possibly contaminate others. The knockdown price of £16 million was not a risk, but a further waste of resources, another example of Liverpool’s tendency to overpay for underperforming potential.

Neil Humphrey
HOXTYGEN
HOXTYGEN
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:54 pm

Thing is, nobody wanted to even pay the 16 mil for him... it was a gift for Milan. The talk was that they would unload him for anyone willing to eat his wages.

Reminds of the Lovren sale from Lyon to Southampton... Lyon were beyond overjoyed.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:21 pm

It would be ridiculous to say Balotalli has no skill, he has played all his career for top clubs in their leagues. But the problem is that we have bought a player to be our 2nd choice striker that actually doesn't fit the description. Balotelli isn't a lone striker to lead the line for a team of our stature.

True enough, his form is bad, too, but we knew what kind of a player we were buying when we made the move. If he really is as bad as is being indicated, why do we have Lambert and Borini in the first place?

I don't think we're playing Balotelli to his strengths. Today we dominated Hull in terms of possession and I think we should have started either Lambert or Borini with Balotelli to take the pressure off him. But we didn't. I don't think Mario has been managed that well so far, yet I'm not saying he hasn't done things wrong. Just today he had a chance to score the winner right at the very end but he fluffed his lines and nothing came of it.

I remain hopeful about him, but still wish he'd learn to adapt a different mindset to his game.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:35 pm

Borini: 117 mins
Lambert: 237 mins
Markovic: 392 mins
Balotelli: 788 mins

Balotelli has played more minutes than three other attackers combined. This would suggest that he has been playing well and consistently. Well, that hasn't been the case. Now I'm not suggesting that either of Markovic, Lambert or Borini would have done spectacularly; but when a player is evidently not doing well, the logical thing is to try something different.

It appears that Rodgers wants to keep playing Balotelli in the hope (rather than anything else) that he will deliver at some point.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:00 pm

Maybe it's just me but I haven't found Balotelli to be bad at all. He is lacking in the finishing department, but he is getting himself into good positions constantly and he's making some very nice plays with the ball -- a couple different bounces and he could easily have a few goals and assists. On top of this it seems like he often can get himself into a great position to play in someone else to goal but he rarely has support in the box (not surprising, as he's played mostly as a lone striker).

When Lambert was brought on and we changed to the 4-4-2 against Hull we were instantly more dangerous. I hope that Rodgers took note of this and will be playing with 2 strikers from here on out. Balotelli with another striker is just a much better set up, and could potentially make use of his full talent.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:24 pm

It's pretty simple.  Balo needs to do 5 basic things:
-  Hold up the ball
-  Link up play
-  Create a point of focus
-  Make runs that put him in scoring position
-  Score goals at a relatively efficient rate (about 17% is considered the min)

He's scored 1 goal on 45 shots.... in 9 appearances.  He's getting 4 shots per game, which is quite good.  But the effectiveness is pathetic.

His passing rate is 76,7%.... that's mediocre.  CL is saving him there because his EPL passing efficiency is 71,6%.  The average for a striker (or any player on a decent team) is 80%.

His key pass rate is ok-ish at 1,1... but again, CL is much better than EPL where his EPL rate is 0,9.

0 assists so far.

Point is that it's not just his scoring that's bad... it's everything.  He's produced literally nothing so far.

Here are the stats btw:  http://www.whoscored.com/players/33799
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:05 pm

sportsczy wrote:It's pretty simple.  Balo needs to do 5 basic things:
-  Hold up the ball
-  Link up play
-  Create a point of focus
-  Make runs that put him in scoring position
-  Score goals at a relatively efficient rate (about 17% is considered the min)
Yes, and he's doing all of these relatively well with the exception of scoring goals at an efficient rate.

He's scored 1 goal on 45 shots.... in 9 appearances.  He's getting 4 shots per game, which is quite good.  But the effectiveness is pathetic.
Yes, he's had a hard time scoring. Whether it's nerves or just bad luck at the moment is hard to say, but he's putting himself into position to score quite frequently relative to the rest of the team and it will start going in for him sooner than later. For not this is my only gripe with him.

His passing rate is 76,7%.... that's mediocre.  CL is saving him there because his EPL passing efficiency is 71,6%.  The average for a striker (or any player on a decent team) is 80%.
Mandzukic - 65.9%
Neymar - 76.9%
Lewandowski - 71.5%
Suarez (last year with Liverpool) - 74.8%
Costa - 78.1%
Pelle - 67.8%

I could go on but I think you get the point. Your griping about his passing percentage is a fallacious at best.

His key pass rate is ok-ish at 1,1... but again, CL is much better than EPL where his EPL rate is 0,9.

0 assists so far.
This says more about the availability of the other attackers for him, and their ability to finish. I've counted many times where Balotelli puts himself in a position to lay a teammate into the box and nobody is there, or to cross into the box and nobody is there. It's also why we need two strikers anyone could see the difference against Hull once Lambert was introduced.

Point is that it's not just his scoring that's bad... it's everything.  He's produced literally nothing so far.
Stop stat watching and watch the actual games and you'll see that he's not 'produced literally nothing'. It's a team game and he is putting in a lot of work, but he's been unlucky/nervy to this point, and Liverpool as a whole has been quite disjointed.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next