Already in training and still not announced  Laughing 

Alberto Moreno || Andalusia > Basque BvFD0LwCAAAY6GH
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Alberto Moreno || Andalusia > Basque Empty Re: Alberto Moreno || Andalusia > Basque

Post by iftikhar Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:10 pm

Not Leaning, just saying Razz
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Alberto Moreno || Andalusia > Basque Empty Re: Alberto Moreno || Andalusia > Basque

Post by RedOranje Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:12 am

The club are waiting until all of the official documentation is done to announce it so as to avoid any potential legal issues.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:55 am

The *bleep* is this title?!

Despite my long support for Moreno I sincerely hope he flops in Liverpool to counter your headline. Funny considering he looks a bumpkin straight out of Santurzi.

Worse than the *bleep* avatar you've oh so considerately provided me with.

But rather have the most Andalucián of the region replace GFJ.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:46 am

Arq you are welcome to use any of these avatars

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And of course I personally would like to advice you to use this one

Spoiler:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:28 pm

Given number 18 Thumbs up

Do Kuyt proud lad.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:30 pm

Alberto Moreno || Andalusia > Basque Tumblr_nwb455ZRfO1qhn6njo3_500
Alberto Moreno || Andalusia > Basque Tumblr_nwb455ZRfO1qhn6njo4_500

Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:02 pm

klopp looks massive. how tall is he. eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:14 pm

6'4 or 6'5. I remember a little video of him with Ibra and they were the same height.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:15 pm

Don't call me James wrote:6'4 or 6'5. I remember a little video of him with Ibra and they were the same height.
Thumbs up Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:00 am

Wiki says he is 6'4.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:27 am

who is the other fella there, Cou or Tex hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:29 am

Alberto Moreno || Andalusia > Basque 2D7AF63700000578-3276203-image-m-83_1445012835351
seems like best buddies

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:16 pm

This lad needs to be benched, seriously Alberto Moreno || Andalusia > Basque 2276801876
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:51 pm

iftikhar wrote:This lad needs to be benched, seriously Alberto Moreno || Andalusia > Basque 2276801876

I honestly think his ability is making him reckless. The lad is an incredibly gifted player. He's blessed with pace, control, and skill. As I've said before, his weakness is in his decision-making. Because he CAN do things, means he often attempts the ill-advised tackle/pass/run/etc.

Let's talk about that unfortunate series of events that lead to the penalty on Naismith (video below). I actually think he pulls off the initial challenge. Obviously, it was from the "wrong" side, ill-advised, and rather reckless. However, after watching it again, he appears to just nick the ball from Naismith, throwing Naismith off balance from his contact on the ball. The second challenge (the one that actually draws the penalty) comes about as Moreno stands back up and attempts to recover the ball. Naismith does a good job of shielding the ball, stumbles over Moreno's (standing) leg, and goes down under minimal contact. You can't really complain about the penalty given the positioning and the contact. However, it was a bit soft. Moreover, I think the Ref had a predisposition to give the penalty after not blowing for the ill-advised (if potentially clean) first-challenge.

Now, that's not really a defense of Moreno in this situation; it's more of an explanation. I do think he did some things incredibly well, specifically the first challenge. However, none of it was a particularly bright idea. He was well beaten. In these cases the intelligent thing to do is to get into a recover your position as best you can and trust your fellow defenders to cover until you can get back. Instead, Moreno has so much confidence in his abilities that he dives in, not once, but twice.

Now this CAN be remedied with coaching. However, Moreno has to buy-in to the methods and instruction and also apply them while in-game. Now, Moreno doesn't strike me as an overly-intellectual person. In fact, he seems to be a younger, more talented, and faster Enrique. That said, he's also 23, and hasn't had a good defensive coach since he left Sevilla. He's improved under Klopp, but still has the occasional brain-lapse. In other words, I'm saying there is hope for him.

The problem with benching him is that we have no good option to replace him with. The only natural left-back in the squad is Brad Smith, who is every bit as attack-minded and defensively questionable as Moreno. Moreover, he's far less talented/developed at both ends of the pitch. I can't see him offering any more going forward, and he's just as much of a liability at the back. If you're thinking that Flanagan should replace him, may I remind you that he's only played maybe 30 min of first-team footie in the last year and a half, and that was against Exeter City. Moreover, I'm not convinced that Flanagan is truly a better option. Yes, he would be slightly better defensively. (Though, I think his ability in this regard has been somewhat rose-tinted by the results during his stint in the first-team during '13-14.) However, he offers far, far less going forward. With our on-again, off-again attack at the moment, I might opt to keep Albie in the squad and hope to coach a bit of sense into him, regarding his defensive duties.

Just my two cents.

donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:54 pm

Moreno is Moreno. But still there is no need to rush into decisions like starting Smith over him in EPL. Let Smith develop at his own rate playing odd occasional game in cup games.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:04 pm

Helmer wrote:Moreno is Moreno. But still there is no need to rush into decisions like starting Smith over him in EPL. Let Smith develop at his own rate playing odd occasional game in cup games.
the problem I have with Moreno is he don't do the basics well. he ball watches. he dosent get out to the wide man fast enough. he is never alive for the 2nd ball. stuff like this should be food and drink to any defender.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:09 pm

i think he does that. Ok, some games, he gets inconsistent when performing all those jobs but he is surely improving a lot every game.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:12 pm

Helmer wrote:i think he does that. Ok, some games, he gets inconsistent when performing all those jobs but he is surely improving a lot every game.
tbh it looks to me like he does not like defending.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:03 am

What improvements are there?

He's been the same player since he's joined. Laughing

Poor mans Spanish Riise. But then again, left backs a rare breed nowadays.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:20 am

I think Moreno is not very good and would rather have Flanno or Smith playing there. Moreno can't defend to save his life and he's often useless in attack. At least Smith has the best cross in the team and knows how to mark.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:37 am

Curtinho wrote:I think Moreno is not very good and would rather have Flanno or Smith playing there. Moreno can't defend to save his life and he's often useless in attack. At least Smith has the best cross in the team and knows how to mark.
Thumbs up I agree. smith should get a few games infront of moreno
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:39 am

Red Alert wrote:What improvements are there?

He's been the same player since he's joined. Laughing

Poor mans Spanish Riise. But then again, left backs a rare breed nowadays.
no they are not. getting a left back to defend first and push forward 2nd is a rare breed today.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:16 am

I'm in two minds about Moreno. He's got decent skill for a full-back, has an impressive stamina and is quick enough to not get beaten one-on-one against a dribbling attacker. He does some good things on the field.

The negatives are that he switches off too often in defence, is poor in the air and ends too many of our attacks with a useless cross into the box.

But he's still fairly young, 23, I think he could become better on that mental side. I don't mind if he keeps his place in the team - like he probably will.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:34 pm

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/01/is-alberto-moreno-in-risk-of-losing-his-place-to-jon-flanagan-or-brad-smith/ Thoughts...
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next