Kamikaze692
Casciavit
silver
Tomwin Lannister
RealGunner
23 posters

Page 23 of 44 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 33 ... 44  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 18 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 18

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:16 pm

I'm talking about right at the beginning, you know the sort of time span Reigns is being judged on right now.

Before the rapping gimmick he was shit. You have to give these people time. I never said he was the finished article they are booking him as either.

Just that I don't find him boring and don't see the hate.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 18 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 18

Post by S Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:26 pm

Cena debuted in June 2002 and by early 2003 changed to his new rapper gimmick which was well received even though he started out with it as a heel.At the same time,he was also competing Championship matches against the likes of Lesnar and big matches with Taker,Angle and the likes.Cant just say he was 'shit'.The talent pool was was very good at those times as well..Put the same Cena in today's roster and he'd be extremely popular within a few weeks.

Reigns on the other hand, you talk like its only been months since he's set foot into the industry but its been a year already since he's a transitioned into a top/semi-top star and i dont see anything inspiring in him,whatever MT says is spot on imo.If he doesnt improve from here,he'll become another Drew Mcintyre,maybe a slightly rich man's version.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:42 pm

He hasn't been a single star for years though, which is why it's relevant.

Being great as part of a group and on your own is quite different.

Also I never said he'll be good as Cena or even close to it, lol @ drew mcintyre comment btw. Reigns is consistently in and around main events.

Hate is unbelievable to me. Especially from those who love Mr I Kick all match long.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:45 pm

Casciavit wrote:Fun fact: Dean Ambrose was the first to say 'believe dat'.

Reigns copying attire,theme and catchphrase rofl

Also why the hell is Cena being defended on here?

Defended what?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:49 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'm talking about right at the beginning, you know the sort of time span Reigns is being judged on right now.

Before the rapping gimmick he was shit. You have to give these people time. I never said he was the finished article they are booking him as either.

Just that I don't find him boring and don't see the hate.

Lol Cena had a better match in his debut match vs Angle than Reigns can ever dream off. He wasn't shit. Nor he was even pushed as much as Reigns. Reigns has been pinned twice in 1.5 years Laughing Cena was losing matches against everyone. He worked for his own push. He wasn't given a golden pass like Reigns. Cena worked on his thuganomics gimmick and won the crowd himself.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:36 pm

If Reigns isn't ready, then why push him? Was Cena pushed when he wasn't ready?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:57 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:

http://www.wwe.com/f/wysiwyg/image/2014/08/20140821_EP_LIGHT_Tom_Phillips_H.jpg

"The next voice of WWE? Tom Phillips joins SmackDown announce team.

Tom Phillips is feeling a little blue.

We mean that in a good way, though. The workhorse voice of NXT and WWE Main Event is getting his big primetime break as the third man in SmackDown’s announce booth, joining the Michael Cole-JBL tandem that has provided the voice of the blue brand over the last couple of years. Phillips made his debut this past Tuesday at the tapings in Phoenix, Ariz., and by all accounts was a rousing success.

“It was incredible to do that in front of the WWE Universe here in Phoenix,” Phillips told WWE.com after the taping had concluded. “They are loud, they are having a blast. Sitting out there with Michael Cole and JBL, they’re pretty intense, but it was fun, man. I was a little nervous, but it was fun.”

For whatever reason, this made me feel old.

I still remember when Michael Cole was the new guy at the table ffs
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:58 pm

Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan tweeted the following about kicking off Monday’s RAW with Shawn Michaels:

Flair: “I’m kicking off #Raw on Monday night at 8pm! Brock is a beast, but @JohnCena is MY MAN. We’re talking REMATCH.”

Hogan: “You can’t bring legends together w/o me brother.Got some stuff to say about MY champ @JohnCena, see you Hulkamaniacs at #Raw on Monday HH”

For those wondering, the cinder blocks used in the angle with Dean Ambrose on Monday’s WWE RAW were made out of styrofoam. Ambrose apparently did an angle with real cinder blocks during his indie days.

Partial source: F4Wonline.com

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:59 pm

WWE has announced that a special WWE Hall of Fame Forum will kick off Monday’s RAW at 8pm EST.

The forum will feature Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair talking about the WWE World Heavyweight Title match with Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena at Night of Champions.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:00 pm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:33 pm

Is king being replaced?

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:53 pm

Probably.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:20 pm

WWE improving the show because it has competition, what a surprise. hmm

Shawn Michaels also tweeted about appearing on Monday's RAW with Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan to talk about John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar. HBK wrote:

"Y'all just keep pullin' me back! 'Ol HBShizzle will be on #Raw Monday night. We're talking @JohnCena/@BrockLensar rematch!! Yee-Haw!!!"

WWE is likely loading up Monday's RAW from Anaheim as it will be going up against the 66th Primetime Emmy Awards on NBC. This is the first time RAW has had to compete with the show.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:39 pm

""Y'all just keep pullin' me back! 'Ol HBShizzle will be on #Raw Monday night. We're talking @JohnCena/@BrockLensar rematch!! Yee-Haw!!!"

WTF

That's more cringe than Steph throwing up on vickie
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am

What a legend. Will be recording just for him.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:00 am

HBK. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:36 am

Someone impersonating Reigns. rofl rofl

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:55 am

One day Cena will ruin something due to calling spots loudly. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:49 am

What a promo, needs to happen. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:03 pm

I have taken to listening to the wwe talk shows and man, Paul Heyman's are by far the best (No surprise)

"A huggie"  rofl

In general, a lot of them are great, especially when it revolves around Vince.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:47 pm

Thursday night wars between TNA and Smackdown. hmm

Syfy’s schedule now confirms that WWE SmackDown will be moving to Thursday nights beginning October 2nd.

SmackDown will air at its normal time of 8pm EST, followed by Haven with WWE Hall of Famer Edge at 10pm EST.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:48 pm

In a possible sign that WWE officials have just about given up on Adam Rose, he hasn’t had a RAW match since July 28th, when he defeated Damien Sandow.

Before that, Rose’s last RAW match was on June 16th when he and Summer Rae defeated Layla and Fandango. Rose had just 2 RAW matches in all of June.

Rose had a TV win for the August 14th Superstars episode but has mostly been winning dark matches lately. He’s also picked up several losses on NXT TV as of late.

It was reported recently that officials had “given up” on Bo Dallas but things look much worse for Rose.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:49 pm

The situation could always change between the two sides but Rey Mysterio is not expected to be brought back to WWE TV once his hand injury heals. WWE officials are more focused on preventing him from doing anything else with AAA.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:52 pm

From 1:42 in the vid. hmm

Supertraining Gym in Sacramento posted the video above of John Cena benching with Mark Bell. During the video, Cena was asked about turning heel. Cena noted that it's not happening.
"[It will] never happen," Cena said. "Oh I've got it in me for sure... I do what they tell me, boss."

Cena proceeded to make a Trading Places $1 bet with Bell that he would never turn heel.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:56 pm

Cena wants to turn heel imo, it's just WWE won't let him.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:37 pm

:bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 44 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 33 ... 44  Next