S
Gil
Tomwin Lannister
Great Leader Sprucenuce
McAgger
31 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Lewandowski will win Bayern the CL - Page 3 Empty Re: Lewandowski will win Bayern the CL

Post by McAgger Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:00 pm

Top 3 best ST's in the world :coffee:

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Lewandowski will win Bayern the CL - Page 3 Empty Re: Lewandowski will win Bayern the CL

Post by Zealous Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:01 pm

So CR and Messi have been playing DM all this time or something Laughing

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:02 pm

CR and Messi aren't strikers. To him. Apparently.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:02 pm

I don't consider Messi and CR ST's.

You don't even want to know my opinion of CR. Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:04 pm

Don't call me James wrote:I don't consider Messi and CR ST's.

You don't even want to know my opinion of CR. Laughing

1) Of course they are lol

2) I don't but not for the reason that you think rofl
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:07 pm

Are Reus and Sterling strikers? Is Lavezzi a striker?

Let's categorize very attacking player as a striker while we're at it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:18 pm

So what would you categorize them as?

I understand that Ronaldo and Messi are generational players so defining them is difficult but from the 2009/2010 season to the 2013/2014 season Messi and Ronaldo have combined for 531 goals. That's more than Ronaldo De Lima has scored IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER.

How can they be anything other than goal scorers when it's by far their biggest asset to their teams? ST are only really judged on the goals they score too so you are sort of obliged to mention them.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:37 pm

Even a defender can be a goal scorer, your point is moot. ST =/= goal scorer necessarily. Messi and CR are attackers/forwards. But their roles are different than that of a ST. You can call their roles whatever you want but it's not ST.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:52 pm

LOL if a CB was scoring 50 goals a season you can bet your ass he'd be in the conversation for best striker Laughing

Pirlo plays in front the CB's that doesn't mean he just a DM and isn't a playmaker.

How would you define a ST? Because if a player thinks like a striker and plays like a striker then he is a striker, where he actually chooses to stand is irrelevant.

The real reason you don't want to include CR and Messi is because when you do everyone else starts looking like shit. The only guys on their level as goalscorers in the league least last season were Suarez and Ibra (and Costa at the start of the season). But when you factor in all competitions no one else comes close.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:57 pm

Meh what's the point of arguing. Believe whatever you want. Messi/CR aren't ST's for me.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:04 pm

Doc wrote:Like when Khaled wrote he'll see us in May to see Barcelona win the UCL. Or when my boys Hans and Mole were adamant RM wouldn't win anything.

It works both ways my dearest McAgger. Lewa would win the Bundesliga though. Pretty sure about that one...

Anyone who remembers Hans 2 minutes after we drew Bayern ? "Sorry Madrid fans, no Decima this year"  rofl 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:06 pm

Fit Falcao is clearly top 3 with Suarez and Ibra. The rest are a level below imo.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:12 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
Doc wrote:Like when Khaled wrote he'll see us in May to see Barcelona win the UCL. Or when my boys Hans and Mole were adamant RM wouldn't win anything.

It works both ways my dearest McAgger. Lewa would win the Bundesliga though. Pretty sure about that one...

Anyone who remembers Hans 2 minutes after we drew Bayern ? "Sorry Madrid fans, no Decima this year"  rofl 

would have been a good line had we won hmm Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:17 pm

Suarez has yet to prove himself in a top league before he should be included in a discussion about the best strikers in the world imo (even though he has the potential to do so) :coffee: 

Looking forward to next season.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:21 pm

Well, Suarez played better in PL than anyone in the last 10 years or so bar Henry and Ronaldo.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:23 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Well, Suarez played better in PL than anyone in the last 10 years or so bar Henry and Ronaldo.

No he didn't. Drogba in 09-10 was easily better.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:46 pm

rofl i swear if suarez played in la liga and was destroying the bottom teams and sucking against the big ones, no one would consider him on the same level as ibra or only messi and cr ahead of him, more PL hype nonsense. i.e costa Laughing

on lewa he is a top player of course and suarez or falcao has nothing on him, and he has easily achieved more than them which counts for a lot, anyway bayern were favorites with or without him, gonna wait to see how the season goes before saying the cl is heading back to germany and there is madrid looking to be the first to repeat and its possible more than bayern imo

Last edited by chad4401 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:47 pm

Lewandowski is not going to Liverpool... just thought i should point this out
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:47 am

*bleep* off you pos' this thread was for the GS. Stupid idiotic derailing plebs. Mad

can we move the derailing posts into some other comparison thread in the RB section and move my thread back please.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:41 am

No.

Simply because what you suggesting is about Lewa being nominated for Balon D'or is audacious and Bayern winning the CL isn't particularly revolutionary. Plus the fact that the only discussion in this thread has caused it to be here.

What else is there to discuss?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:48 am

Lewa better than Suarez rofl

But..but he scored a poker in the CL so he automatically must be better Proud GL's geniuses are at it again.

Inb4 Benzema > R9
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:38 am

Doesn't really change Bayern as a team compared to an attack with Mandzukic. Slight improvement, sure, but not the fulcrum of their success.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:45 am

Bayern will still not win, of course, because Pep will play Spanish flair players over German champions and use his Barca light tactics like the imbecile he is.

Tiago for next Bayern captain... In the EL. You go on, agent Pep! For Spain!
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:44 pm

well, maybe next time we will beat them 5-1, and not 5-0. Lewandowski will score a goal Proud
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:50 pm

Pep should start playing his 3-4-3 with Lahm, Martinez and Alaba as the defenders. Lewa will get the service he deservers from Schweini, Thiago, Gotze, Ribery, Muller and Robben
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:22 pm

I doubt that one slow guy and two dwarves would make for a solid central defense lol
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next