Sri
RealGunner
Jay29
MJ
Chumlum
51 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Peccadillo Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:36 am

Amar wrote:
Peccadillo wrote:How do people feel about Cambiasso as a stop-gap solution for a season?

His contact expired this summer no?

I'm sure if he was still effective he would have already been picked or at least be getting serious attention from decent clubs...

tbh, I'd prefer we get an established, more younger DM to play in place of Arteta once and for all

Yeah, I'm only mentioning him because he's free. I'd prefer a proper DM signing too ala Carvalho, Khedira, Gustavo.

I think there are some pretty decent European clubs interested in him, he has time to weigh up his options. I haven't seen him play for a while. Still managed 33 appearances last season for Inter at 33 years old though so he must have some legs left on him. Man was W.C in his prime.

I don't really see it happening as Wenger would probably prefer a proper investment.. but could be worth it on a 2 year contract imo.. if other DM options fall through that is. Good thing about Cambiasso is he can also operate as a 4th choice CB if required.

Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by MJ Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:27 am

Arsenal make €30m offer for William Carvalho according to Portuguese paper O Jogo.

Due to the player having 40% of his rights being owned by a third party, a bank which relied on a government bailout to stay afloat (indicating a desperate need of cash ASAP) and the player being on incredibly low wages (£8k per week), Arsenal could bag him on the cheap as soon as Sporting agree to a deal.

Here's the full story on that: http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/why-arsenal-could-bag-sporting-midfielder-william-carvalho-on-the-cheap/
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:06 pm

What kind of a source is 101greatgoals?! I admit I have heard O Jogo a few times reg Portugese rumours, but I have no idea on their reliability.

I guess you are pretty hyped on this one though Wink

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:07 pm

History tells us Portuguese clubs don't sell their most valuable players below release clause and I find it hard to believe that Sporting will do now.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:12 pm

^^ I agree with Urbi on this

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:22 pm

MJ wrote:Arsenal make €30m offer for William Carvalho according to Portuguese paper O Jogo.

Due to the player having 40% of his rights being owned by a third party, a bank which relied on a government bailout to stay afloat (indicating a desperate need of cash ASAP) and the player being on incredibly low wages (£8k per week), Arsenal could bag him on the cheap as soon as Sporting agree to a deal.

Here's the full story on that: http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/why-arsenal-could-bag-sporting-midfielder-william-carvalho-on-the-cheap/

8k a week is low wages Proud
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:34 pm

srigooner wrote:What kind of a source is 101greatgoals?! I admit I have heard O Jogo a few times reg Portugese rumours, but I have no idea on their reliability.

I guess you are pretty hyped on this one though Wink

101greatgoals didn't make the story up, they're quoting O Jogo and Messi Minutes, a twitter account that apparently did the research on Carvalho and pieced that story together.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:37 pm

8k a week is like Championship level wages Proud.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:58 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:History tells us Portuguese clubs don't sell their most valuable players below release clause and I find it hard to believe that Sporting will do now.

Generally, but often it's their strikers and forwards and AMs that they really make it difficult to sign. He's a DM. For them getting €30m for him is probably pretty good business. It's easier for them to replace players of his role than it is for forwards
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:12 pm

Abramovich wrote:8k a week is like Championship level wages Proud.

Still more than what most of us earn Sad Sad

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:17 pm

offer Coquelin and Miquel to them and run away lolz
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:38 pm

Nothing substantial in the Carvalho reports really.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:40 pm

William Carvalho would be a fantastic buy. Exactly what's missing imo....
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:56 pm

Carvalho is perfect for Arsenal. Strong, defensive minded player. I hope Wenger does the right thing and brings him in. Wenger you have done a amazing job so far, please dont stop now.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:37 pm

I honestly hope that there is some fire to this William smoke. He's honestly about as close to a "missing piece" as we can find right now.

DM. CB. Big. Strong. Reads game well. Good passer. Sits deep. Many years ahead of him. Though very expensive, he would be one more nice "statement" signing for supporters' morale.

It'd be a gamble to spend that much money on him but it could turn out to be worth it.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:52 pm

Arteta has served the club well, but honestly, he can’t keep up. Flamini is the best option now if we dont spend, at least he fights hard. Arteta does not have the legs anymore, will be a good against lower teams.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:55 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Arteta does not have the legs anymore

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 12 BuIerDmIMAA15yx

via RG's retweets lel
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:21 pm

Athletic Bilbao keen on taking Arsenal duo back to La Liga

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2715586/Mikel-Arteta-Nacho-Monreal-tempted-return-Spain-Athletic-Bilbao-Arsenal-pair.html#ixzz39R9zVCxp

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:29 pm

I don't see us selling players who are settled and have important roles (Gibbs' injury proneness and our lack of a DM right now makes them hugely important) especially when we're probably one or two signings away from being done with the window.

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:13 pm

Monreal is pathetic though... i'd ship him out in a heartbeat. It's as if he's not even there when he plays anyhow Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:27 pm

Monreal is not a bad but for some reason he shits himself every time he sees a fast winger , its like he has never played against one in his career.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:25 pm

Yeah but how many slow winger are there in the world when you think about it...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:33 pm

Nah Monreal is fine as a backup. I like him but he is a bit shit when he isn't playing regularly. It's hard for him to come on and do a decent job. Like against Bayern he was the reason we started playing shit when Gibbs go injured. However when he has a continuous start, he is pretty decent.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:40 pm

sportsczy wrote:Monreal is pathetic though... i'd ship him out in a heartbeat. It's as if he's not even there when he plays anyhow Laughing

So he's gone from being the best left back in Spain at malaga to pathetic. Pretty fast decline that
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:42 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Monreal is pathetic though... i'd ship him out in a heartbeat. It's as if he's not even there when he plays anyhow Laughing

So he's gone from being the best left back in Spain at malaga to pathetic. Pretty fast decline that

Monreal was the best left back in Spain, this is news to me  Laughing 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:48 pm

EL Patron wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:

Monreal was the best left back in Spain, this is news to me  Laughing 

It was the general opinion on goal legacy
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next