M99
Firenze
Kaladin
RealGunner
Blue Barrett
13 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Malazan Book of The Fallen, anyone? - Page 6 Empty Re: Malazan Book of The Fallen, anyone?

Post by Kaladin Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:04 pm

I'm planning on reading Crimson Guard after RG then TTH hmm

But its good to know that Darujhistan is back :bow:

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Malazan Book of The Fallen, anyone? - Page 6 Empty Re: Malazan Book of The Fallen, anyone?

Post by Kaladin Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:47 pm

Karsa's arc is one of the most spine-shivering plots i've read, ever since he descended those mountains.

Simple phrases such as "Witness" and 'Lead us, Warleader' sends tremors through my spine and make my hair rise
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:10 pm

pls calma
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:10 pm

looking forward to that karsa trilogy erikson's gonna make

probably 5 years from now Proud
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:43 am

I am gonna start it when I finish Sapkovskyy's Witcher.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:34 am

Last 1/4 left for me in RG, what a crap book. Absolutely hate readin about the Liberty Consign, Atri Predas and Rotos Hivana, can't wait for the convergence
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:46 pm

Have all the books but haven't started. It feels like I'm gonna have to take a sabbatical from life for a year to actually jump into this Malazan world. Will do when I have more time on my hands so not anytime soon.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:19 pm

ES wrote: Absolutely hate readin about the Liberty Consign, Atri Predas and Rotos Hivana,

Can't remember what ANY of these are

Atri Predas at least sounds familiar
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:34 pm

Atri Predas are the equivalent of Fists in Lether, Liberty Consign is basically the central bank in Lether, Rotos Hivana is a spy
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:42 pm

ain't nobody got time for that

I do remember the last part of RG being pretty good though, might salvage it in your eyes from being complete crap, definitely forgettable though.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:25 pm

On the bright side, Toll The Hounds is pretty good.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:45 pm

Read first book and few hundred pages of the second. Didnt like. Hated the idea of gods intervening in human world (those parts always confusing in the book), the universe, characters and storytelling in general. You read the book and half of things you dont understand. So dropped it and started Kingkiller Chronicles instead
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:55 pm

HOLY SHIT

Spoiler:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:06 pm

Finally done with RG, now onto TTH
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:42 am

think I mentioned before it seems to be the most divisive book; hate it or love it

worth it purely for dat GOAT pairing POV and the fact that Darujhistan is the GOAT setting in Malazan IMO
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:38 pm

Looking at the opening Glossary of TTH, there's no Paran ):. At least i get to see Cutter, Kruppe, Gruntle, Picker, the ex-bridgeburners and.....Duiker cheers
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:12 am

5 chapters into TTH and i'm already liking it more than RG
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:23 am

ES wrote:5 chapters into TTH and i'm already liking it more than RG

@RealGunner
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:55 am

M99 wrote:
ES wrote:5 chapters into TTH and i'm already liking it more than RG

@RealGunner

Laughing
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:28 pm

Can't believe what i'm reading, f*ck Eriksen for making me care so much about these characters Sad

Spoiler:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:47 pm

TTH is the best book when it comes to the 'players converging' imo, last 300-400 pages to go
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:03 pm

Stayed up late to finish it, i wouldn't put it as better than DG or BH but it is a great book. Overall, i feel like i'm burned out, this might sound like a mini-rant but take it as you will.

I like a lot of stuff about this series. I do. But I never did "catch" whatever bug others have. Each book was usually good enough to convince me to keep reading but Bonehunters and Deadhouse were the only book I would consider GOAT. But there are so many plotlines consisting of paper-thin characters (Samar Dev, Nimander and co) walking somewhere for hundreds of pages for reasons that aren't explained until long after you've ceased to care. I love mystery. I love buildup. These storylines usually don't have neither. The dreary philosophical conversations that might be interesting if they hadn't been covered ad nauseum in seven previous books. There are hundreds of POVs in the series and there are maybe like 10-15 that I really care about.

And as i check out DoD, it takes place in Letheras. FML. Worst setting ever. Normally I would just take a break for a while, but I'm already bursting at the seams trying to retain all this information and if I take a break now there's no way I could just pick it up again. I'm contemplating stopping here since i heard the last 2 books are ok :/
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:08 pm

Opinions on each of the books tend to differ a lot among fans. Your favorite seems to be Deadhouse Gates and Bonehunters, mine is Memories of Ice and Bonehunters. A lot of people have Midnight Tides as their favorite and I nearly gave up on the series at that book (the book actually turns out to be fantastic).

I say do not give up. Pls. You are at the literal endgame now. I found Dust of Dreams to be the worst book of the series (as usual it gets really good towards the end) and The Crippled God a very satisfactory conclusion. All those POVs and, information, philosophy and POVS are about to pay off, do not put it down now.

Also I suggest you read Return of the Crimson Guard at one point.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:29 pm

I've also heard DoD is the worst book in the series, and reading the plot outline SMH, even that is boring me to death.

Really can't find the motivation to continue tbh, it peaked at BH imo
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:42 pm

Crippled God is among the best tho hmm At least give it a try.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:43 pm

all valid criticisms, I hated that even these scrubby peons seemed to be capable of deep, philosophical monologues, that was quite pretentious. DoD is easily the worst book, barely remember a single thing about it besides the climax. Crippled God was an alright wrap up for the series but that's about it. Would be a shame to stop now but if you feel that way then it's probably for the best. Agree that it peaked at Bonehunters (IMO the series was fantastic until that, then just pretty average with a few highs after) Erikson's Kharkansas trilogy started off very good IMO, one of the better books and will seemingly shed light on a bunch of the more interesting mysteries in the series. You read the first one, M99? came out 3 years ago right? been a while ffs, sequel was meant to release like 1.5 years back Laughing think its out in April though
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next