Onyx
guest7
Zealous
Freeza
RealGunner
43 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

World Cup Final 2014: Post Match Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: World Cup Final 2014: Post Match Discussion

Post by windkick Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:10 am

Man could they of really used Di Maria. Shame he was injured

windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

World Cup Final 2014: Post Match Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: World Cup Final 2014: Post Match Discussion

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:13 am

But it says nowhere in the rulebook that if a player gets the ball first it is not a foul. It was a reckless challenge and it was excessive force therefore it was a foul.

Anyways I blame Gonzalo for not finishing his chances much more than the ref, but I felt we did get screwed in this particular decision.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:15 am

That was absolutely 100% a foul, but I don't feel for a second like the reff really influenced this game.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:16 am

Bet Argentina misses Tevez right about now? Laughing 

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:24 am

Lavezzi was having the game of his life!!! I thought at so many points that it was messi of 2 years ago until the camera zoomed in and I saw his face.

Also, Palacio's chance was exciting but not that big of a miss... higuain literally put no pressure on Neuer at all, it was very bad.

Messi did okay but was not Messi.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:26 am

Higuain :facepalm:
Messi :facepalm:
Palacio :facepalm:

You don't miss 3 one on one chances in a World Cup final, they got punished badly for their misses..

Germany was the dominant team, but Argentina was the one who was making chances and their strikers let them down heavily.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:30 am

Also Romero could've done better at that goal and Demichellis marking was so poor, you don't leave a guy 5 meters close to your goal who is onside alone.

Mascherano though, what a fighter :bow:
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:32 am

BusterLfc wrote:Higuain :facepalm:

You don't miss 3 one on one chances in a World Cup final, they got punished badly for their misses..

Germany was the dominant team, but Argentina was the one who was making chances and their strikers let them down heavily.

What game were you watching? Germany had more chances than Argentina.

Fun fact: Argentina had ZERO shots on target throughout the whole 120 minutes.

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:35 am

Ozil Officially awarded the MOTM

Haters gone

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:39 am

Seriously? Ozil was awarded MOTM?  Shocked 

I'm an Ozil fan but I thought he was awful this entire WC and didn't do anything in the final.

elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:40 am

Don't make me put Hulk on the banner
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:41 am

Brady2Moss wrote:

Yeah but not chances as good as those 3. Shots on target means nothing, a shot on target can come from 40m but someone can miss the whole goal from 5m so it's pointless to look who had more shots on target.

Those 3 chances were the best chances of the game, Gotze's chance where he scored and Howedes should be included too maybe but these 3 Argentina chances were one on ones.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:46 am

How about Jo in an Arsenal shirt? Or are there decency laws against that?
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:47 am

Forum is TV14 hmm

The "VVIP guest list" for Sunday's World Cup final included film stars Daniel Craig and Ashton Kutcher, Russian President Vladimir Putin and his Gabon counterpart Ali Bongo, basketball star LeBron James - and former Leeds midfielder Olivier Dacourt.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:51 am

even though i dont like gotze that much, but credit where its duo great chest control and volley with his left foot
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:52 am

RealGunner wrote:Forum is TV14 hmm

The "VVIP guest list" for Sunday's World Cup final included film stars Daniel Craig and Ashton Kutcher, Russian President Vladimir Putin and his Gabon counterpart Ali Bongo, basketball star LeBron James - and former Leeds midfielder Olivier Dacourt.

Spotted Wyclef jean as well  scratch
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:53 am

RealGunner wrote:Forum is TV14 hmm

Putin has a long journey ahead of him to make Monday Night RAW and support his main man Rusev and Lana Proud
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:55 am

Ozil was awesome tonight. Deserved MotM imo.

14 km distance covered  Shocked 

But only Di Maria can run a lot apparently Proud
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:04 am

Ozil was good, best he has played all tournaments but Sweini deserved to be man of the match. Did almost everything in midfield. Keeping the ball moving, working his bollocks off and winning 50-50s in midfield. He took a few kick himself His battle with Mascherano in the middle of the park was great to watch. Boateng had a beaser of a game as well, i'd say its between Sweini or Boateng.

Last edited by EL Patron on Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:04 am

Go away Roose Patron
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:09 am

BusterLfc wrote:
Brady2Moss wrote:

Yeah but not chances as good as those 3. Shots on target means nothing, a shot on target can come from 40m but someone can miss the whole goal from 5m so it's pointless to look who had more shots on target.

Those 3 chances were the best chances of the game, Gotze's chance where he scored and Howedes should be included too maybe but these 3 Argentina chances were one on ones.

meh.

Argentina had only one chance that was noteworthy; the Higuain's miss. Meanwhile, Germany had several chances were they could and should've have scored.

All that attack force and yet Argentina couldn't record a shot on target? Such a waste. Guess that what happens when you play "defenders" in the middle part of the pitch.

By the way, ever wondered why Messi is so great for Barca but is such a failure with Argentina? The answer is simple really; at Barca they got ball carriers allowing Messi the opportunity to play higher up on the pitch. 4 years on and Argentina still making the same mistakes as Maradona did in South Africa. Get Messi help and he will carry that team to glory.

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:27 am

Messi also had a very good chance at the start of the second half that he will be regretting.

Despite the Germans having more possession.. I thought Argentina looked more likely to score in regular time.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:33 am

Wtf is this?

Higuain and Palacio chances were both incredible 1v1 ch dances that should have been buried. Palacio ruined one with a bad control (even tho I think he still should have scored despite it) and I don't think I need to explain Higuain's chance.

Messi chance wasn't one on one and not like the others, but it was a very good chance that you expect Messi to bury and other players to at least get on target.

Let's not forget the Higuain goal where he was inexplicably offside.

Germany were better but Argentina had their chances to bury the game.
Messi
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:38 am

Exactly what I said, Germany were dominant and had more possession but Argentina had 3 amazing chances which should have been buried and they looked likely to score first in the regular time, but their strikers let them down massively.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:51 am

dostoevsky wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Idk, when Neuer came out against Higuain it was at least a foul, I'm not sure if it was a pen or not as it happened 'on the line', but it was definitely a foul regardless.
Martin Tyler immediately brought up comparison to Schumacher in the 1982 semi-final but I disagreed with it fundamentally. Where as Schumacher simply took out the man, Neuer did actually get to the ball and first at that. It might have been dangerous, however I felt he was entitled to go for it. Higuain might have been collateral damage, but I thought it was the right call, even if I could understand why Gonzalo would feel aggrieved. I'd like to hear some more opinions on it though
Neuer clearly went for the ball. Higuain could have decided to draw back when he realized that Neuer would be faster to the ball, but he wanted to go for it, too. So in the end Neuer played the ball and the clash was an accident. It was similar with the clash that took Kramer out. Sometimes stuff like that simply happens.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:56 am

rwo power wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Idk, when Neuer came out against Higuain it was at least a foul, I'm not sure if it was a pen or not as it happened 'on the line', but it was definitely a foul regardless.
Martin Tyler immediately brought up comparison to Schumacher in the 1982 semi-final but I disagreed with it fundamentally. Where as Schumacher simply took out the man, Neuer did actually get to the ball and first at that. It might have been dangerous, however I felt he was entitled to go for it. Higuain might have been collateral damage, but I thought it was the right call, even if I could understand why Gonzalo would feel aggrieved. I'd like to hear some more opinions on it though
Neuer clearly went for the ball. Higuain could have decided to draw back when he realized that Neuer would be faster to the ball, but he wanted to go for it, too. So in the end Neuer played the ball and the clash was an accident. It was similar with the clash that took Kramer out. Sometimes stuff like that simply happens.

Essentially my thoughts, though it's comforting to hear that someone else agrees. I certainly understand Alfred's view that it might be classified as excessive force, but as you rightly pointed out, from Neuer's point of view, he has won the contest and Higuain runs into him. It must also be considered that for years, referees have sought to protect goalkeepers from physical interference and I don't think the final decision was particularly surprising. It's never nice to see such a heavy collision, but both players were within their rights to challenge for the ball and sometimes these things will happen.

It's 2-2 as far as this discussion goes thus far, with two neutral opinions split 1-1. hmm
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next