Enrique: 'Totti is Unique'

4 posters

Go down

Enrique: 'Totti is Unique' Empty Enrique: 'Totti is Unique'

Post by ErPupone Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:22 am

Wednesday 13 July, 2011
Enrique: 'Totti is unique'

Luis Enrique held his first Roma training session today. “Francesco Totti is unique. My philosophy is very attacking football.”

The Spanish Coach arrived at the Trigoria camp last night and took charge of his debut run-out at the training ground this morning.

His Press conference will be on Thursday, but in the meantime he sat down with Roma Channel.

“Totti? The captain is unique. I am very happy to be able to count on players of the calibre of Totti, Daniele De Rossi and Simone Perrotta, as they can set the example for their teammates.”

Mirko Vucinic has requested a transfer, but the club is eager to hold on to the striker.

“I like Vucinic a lot, as I like all players with quality. Mirko is very strong.

“I hope to transmit to the lads by philosophy, which is of very attacking football. We must always step on to the field with the same objective: Victory, whether home or away.

“This is what I believe in.”

The former Barcelona B tactician also implemented new approaches off the field, such as pushing all the tables together in the canteen to ensure the squad can eat together.

ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Enrique: 'Totti is Unique' Empty Re: Enrique: 'Totti is Unique'

Post by ErPupone Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:23 am

I really can't wait to see how he gets us playing. Not expecting any miracles, but I'm really looking forward to the new season.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:22 am

Same here Mike ..It will be very interesting to see what type of football he gets us playing ...Will it be like Barca style or Spalletti's ...

And I like what he said - We must step on the field with the aim to win every game ...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:52 am

Barca style is nearly impossible to replicate, it'll probably resemble Spalletti's style more since it seems as if he'll really rely on Perrotta and Totti. He likes a lot of pressing, so that really favors Perrotta since he could run for 90+ minutes. We should probably expect a variation of a 4-3-3, something more like this:

Kameni

Cassetti Juan Burdisso Angel

De Rossi Pizarro

Perrotta

Bojan Totti Lamela

He's not going to want to play on the counter as he likes all his players to put pressure when defending. Therefore, Perrotta will not simply stay back with his fellow midfielders, but look to close down as much as possible. With a few tweaks, I'll be happy with this line-up.

PS- Sure, it's nice that he wants to win every game, but I think that means we're in for quite a few heart-attacks this season.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:33 am

The Fonz wrote:Will it be like Barca style or Spalletti's ...

You win either way, don't you.
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by sukrut23 Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:18 pm

i hope its not just talking for making the fans happy..i hope he gives totti good play time or i m calling for immediate sacking...

To be frank i dont like him (till now). A big reason for that would be cos i always wanted a roman to manage roma (montella).

p.s.-- I knw i knw i should move on, its difficult but m trying to..
sukrut23
sukrut23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum