Post by Ganso Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:38 pm

Damn, didn't remember Diego Costa.He was TERRIBLE

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

World Cup Flops - Page 3 Empty Re: World Cup Flops

Post by Gil Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:46 pm

I give Costa a pass. He was clearly unfit, had only played 3 NT games up until that Netherlands game and his every touch was being booed.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:48 pm

rofl you give Costa a pass. That's unexpected Laughing

I think Ramires and Cahill were among the biggest flops tbh.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:48 pm

Gil wrote:I give Costa a pass. He was clearly unfit, had only played 3 NT games up until that Netherlands game and his every touch was being booed.
He was fully fit. Thats why he started. He confirmed at least 2 weeks before WC that he is fit. Ronaldo was unfit costa wasnt.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:49 pm

I was on the edge of my seat till Gil gave Costa a pass. Phew.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:50 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Hansi Flick is not noone

that is btw also what Hansi Flick tells his mirror reflection every morning.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:34 pm

farfan wrote:

The Franchise wrote:
farfan wrote:didn't say he didn't underperform.

but if we're gonna talk about " THE " flop of the tournament,  ronaldo doesn't belong in the discussion imo.

On performances he does.

The only thing to counter it, would be his injuries.

how is he in the discussion for " THE " flop of the tournament ? did he flop harder than costa for example ?

Well, first of all he is so far beyond Costa as a player its untrue. So he has higher expectations.

Also, I wouldnt even say Costa flopped. I didnt include him for a reason. He isnt that good.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:36 pm

Oh someone mentioned Gotze, thats a good call. Not a flop, but I would put him in the Pogba level of disappointment. I expected more.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:08 pm

@The Franchise when the *bleep* was Oscar ever compared to Socrates lol? I've only ever heard him being compared to Kaka (rofl)

Modern day version of Socrates would probably be someone like Yaya Toure.

World Cup Flops - Page 3 PA_SOCCER-Chelsea-180704_6945564

World Cup Flops - Page 3 Cristiano-ronaldo-538-neymar-shirtless-showing-his-chest-and-skinny-body-muscles-with-oscar-from-chelsea-in-2012

Laughing

Last edited by Gil on Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:12 pm

The Franchise wrote:Oh someone mentioned Gotze, thats a good call. Not a flop, but I would put him in the Pogba level of disappointment. I expected more.
good reminder that the systems they play him in clubs, as well as the quality of their team mates count a lot for all the praise we give to those kids.

Kind of put in perspective what James did. Truly a freakish and incredible performance.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:14 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Oh someone mentioned Gotze, thats a good call. Not a flop, but I would put him in the Pogba level of disappointment. I expected more.
good reminder that the systems they play him in clubs, as well as the quality of their team mates count a lot for all the praise we give to those kids.

Kind of put in perspective what James did. Truly a freakish and incredible performance.

Unlike Pogba, Hazard, Oscar, Gotze etc the team is built around James and he's given zero defensive duties.

Not saying he was outstanding but a bit of context is needed.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:15 pm

only exception is hazard, belgium are built to make him relevant, but he is not good enough to shoulder that. De bruyne vastly outplayed him this wc
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:18 pm

Gil wrote:@The Franchise when the *bleep* was Oscar ever compared to Socrates lol? I've only ever heard him being compared to Kaka (rofl)

It was never a serious comparison, at least I hope. But I remember it being said.

I dont know why he was compared to Kaka either, other than his skin colour.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:58 pm

Gil wrote:I give Costa a pass. He was clearly unfit, had only played 3 NT games up until that Netherlands game and his every touch was being booed.

You give Costa a pass but not to Ronaldo Laughing At least stay consistent man.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:01 am

Gil wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:

Unlike Pogba, Hazard, Oscar, Gotze etc the team is built around James and he's given zero defensive duties.

Not saying he was outstanding but a bit of context is needed.

Thats true and very important yes.

I think it goes to show the effect of the team on a player too, its just two way that both has to fit each other.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:49 am

Silva and De Rossi.. Not the biggest - only because no ones mentioned them.

Cr7 takes it every time for me..

Goes from most talked about player in the world. all day, every day... to "CR-who?".
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:21 am

to me, cr flopped in 3rd match, not the other 2.

overall, would call it a disappointment.

terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:33 am

flop 11
diego costa

cristiano ronaldo steven gerrard silva

yaya toure
song

jordi alba pique pepe sergio ramos

iker casillas

subs: balotelli
suarez (his bite ultimately cost his team)
alonso
akinfeev
xavi
NOTE: i didn't see it fit to put anyone whose team made it past the first round, or whose team is still in the tournament as they can go from flop to hero in a nano second, and i'll end up looking like an ass hole,lol...it also hurt me to have my Madrid boys in the list but the 'flop 11' calls it like it is, and neither discriminates nor shows bias....also the list is made up of people the general public probably expected more from but who ended up doing absolute trash (although i didn't expect anything from jessica...i mean jordi alba, but he was trash as i expected and i needed a left back)...there could be debate about xavi on the subs bench since he only played one game, but i just had to have him on here for always talking too much....thank goodness spain didn't win again, i don't know how i would have been able to put up with xavi's smart ass comments.

titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:37 am

Ronaldo on and off the pitch, horrible form then blames his teammates before they are even out of the tournament. Disgusting that he's captain for his country, 0 leadership ability.

Oezil/Di Maria have both been putting in woeful performances yet scored so nobody will batter an eyelid.

Lavezzi/Aguero should be doing alot more(granted Aguero got injured so maybe wasn't fully fit).

Vidal, pretty eeh.

Alot of coaches have been woeful, playing players out of position, letting the press bascially decide their XI.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:06 am

Vidal was playing unfit, wouldnt include him either. Plus he was pretty good in 2 of the games, cant remember which 2.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:15 am

Peccadillo wrote:Silva and De Rossi.. Not the biggest - only because no ones mentioned them.

Cr7 takes it every time for me..

Goes from most talked about player in the world. all day, every day... to "CR-who?".

how exactly did De Rossi flop?
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:20 am

I would say there were a bunch of disappointing showings from highly rated players but I don't think there were any major flops coming into the tournament.

Considering Spain disgraced themselves with Costa only for him to play like a pub player I would say this fits the definition of flop. Dani is right though anyone watching La Liga regularly knows Costa isn't that good lol.

However my flop of the tournament would be Suarez simply because he disgraced himself and his nation with the biting incident. Not sure if that qualifies considering his goals against England (lol) but I can't get past the fact that he pretty much killed his county's chances of getting deep into the tournament.

As for those laughing and calling CR names, I would agree that he had a disappointing world cup considering he was the best in the world last season but putting it into context he was injured well before the world cup and during the tournament proper. Plus his country had some bad luck overall, some really weak players (Eder lol) and a manager who messed up his selections. All that in mind I think he deserves a pass (He's not the only one who deserves a pass btw)

In terms of GL hype Hazard was a huge flop (Gil lmao)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:28 am

Why does he deserve a pass? Any other world class player in the same scenario wouldn't get one.

Reigning Balon D'or winner going out in the group stage is flop standard and shouldn't be glossed over.

Not to mention his individual record at a WC is poor anyway so its not just one tournament he's being based on its his entire career.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:40 am

He's not getting a pass from you specifically either way though lol, so sure your Hollywood headline sounds nice but without context it means little. There were many factors that contributed to Portugal's exit, CR himself was not one of them.

As for your last point he's played in a semi final when Portugal were actually a good team. Plus he's played in a Euro final and semi final where his team lost on pens. So what's your point exactly? Is it that CR can't preform for Portugal? He's the major reason they even qualified for this tournament in the first place lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:13 am

nah out of all the strikers, costa had to take my center forward spot for flop 11....i never expected anything from balotelli, hell he even kind of disappointed me by not getting a red card. suarez would have been a controversial choice; he messed up his country's chances, but at least he scored twice...he flopped cos of his antics, not necessarilly cos he was trash. Costa though, generally a roughian up front who sometimes is prone to do stupid shit by all accounts had a generally good season, and was playing alongside the defending champions, i didn't expect him to light the place on fire (inherently i expected him to mess up as well considering spain's football is different from what he brings)but, i couldn't think of putting any other striker in his place (kun is still in the tournament and anything can happen) .....i also wanted to make the flop 11 as scary looking as possible, and i won't have balotelli as a starter on any team i select.....not even if the team is a flop 11 selection, the guy might not even flop properly (and by this i don't mean he'll score, but a scenario where instead of shooting wide after dribbling the goalie, he might pass it back to the goalie he just dribbled)
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:18 am

The first names on my list has to be ronaldo, hazard, gotze, Costa, higuain,ballotelli and Rooney. But then again, I still keep asking myself why hazard and gotze are even in this list to start with. Yea, they might have their good days here and there but those guys are simply not that good to be put in this category of flops as that will be elevating them as players. Instead I'd sayive been disappointed in them. If James can do it, don't see why hazard can't, a supposed next big thing? As for gotze,lol, let's face it,he isn't even elite to even build a team around. This just has to stop! Nick, franchise and mole have been on point on this issue. Gil give it a break, its over now
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next