On a scale of 1-Terminal Illness , how much of a tragedy would it be if Muller becomes all-time WC top scorer?

+36
BarcaLearning
VivaStPauli
Bankz
Helmer
Harmonica
alexjanosik
McAgger
Valkyrja
zigra
Zealous
Robespierre
titosantill
zarola
RedOranje
messixaviesta
TrezeGent
Toffer Harley
DuringTheWar
CBarca
EL Patron
Hapless_Hans
Collblanc
Casciavit
El Gunner
LeSwagg James
Twoism
B-Mac
•MilanDevil•
rwo power
BarrileteCosmico
urbaNRoots
BeautifulGame
Art Morte
Doc
Swanhends
40 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

On a scale of 1-Terminal Illness , how much of a tragedy would it be if Muller becomes all-time WC top scorer? - Page 2 Empty Re: On a scale of 1-Terminal Illness , how much of a tragedy would it be if Muller becomes all-time WC top scorer?

Post by Toffer Harley Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:33 pm

brilliant man, just brilliant.

Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

On a scale of 1-Terminal Illness , how much of a tragedy would it be if Muller becomes all-time WC top scorer? - Page 2 Empty Re: On a scale of 1-Terminal Illness , how much of a tragedy would it be if Muller becomes all-time WC top scorer?

Post by TrezeGent Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:55 pm

This OP  :facepalm: . I cant find enough facepalms to describe the ridiculousness of your question.

Muller is a great player! If he becomes the all time WC top scorer it is because he fully deserves it. He has an amazing eye for goal and is one of the most intelligent players of his generation, if not the most intelligent one.

Just because he doesn't waste time on stupid meaningless stepovers doesn't mean he can be spit upon.
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:56 pm

CBarca wrote:I don't find him boring at all. Very smart player, makes very good runs off the ball, can pass well and he is a player who really is able to use space and movement to his advantage. He can't dribble very well and he sure isn't the fastest player and so to make up for it, he's very intelligent. He's also a very humble and respectful player.

Agree 100%. Not saying any more since I have already praised him before and even just now commented on him in another thread.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:10 pm

Excels in the game through hard work, intelligence, and selfless team play... doesn't have an ego or throw fits, doesn't flop (any more than the average player), and does a job defensively while also making massive contributions in attack.

And people would be upset with him winning an award that is perhaps the single most objective award in the game? Goodness me, what in the world is going on with this thread?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:24 am

I hope he wins this award.

Honestly though some people think he's a boring player? Am I the only one who actually loves every moment I'm watching Mueller?

I'm usually biased to my Serie A players but Mueller has to be one of my favourite players to watch. He's doing this at an incredibly young age, which a lot of people seem to forget. 2010 he was like 20? insane.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:56 am

i don't understand why it will be a problem....a good player and relatively consistent for his national team....frankly, i'm kinda happy we don't see the same back and forth between cristiano and messi that goes on at club level...football today exists beyond those players especially international football....if muller can achieve that, i'd say kudos to him. It isn't easy coming through for your national team in major tournaments, no matter how big or small the talent pool in your country is; its even more impressive when we take into account the opponents he has scored against i doubt he'll become all time wc top scorer though. way too early to make that call...
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:06 pm

10 in 12 matches through 2 World Cups now and he's only 24 years old. Klose is just keeping the space at the top warm for him.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:14 pm

At this point, I hope it.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:16 pm

Hell if he can do it in this game why not? Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:07 pm

Müller the Handsome will break the record in Russia 2018 and then add some for good measure hopefully-anywhere-but-Qatar in 2022 Proud
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:11 pm

Time to switch tactics: WC All-Time Top Scorer is a meaningless record for stat-padders. Discuss :coffee:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:15 pm

Agree when you face scrubs like Saudi Arabia and Brazil it's pretty much an invitation to stat pad :coffee:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:27 am

I called him humble and respectful earlier in this thread and his only scoring one against Brazil is proof of that.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:30 am

Don't care about the record at all but even if I did I would have zero problems with Müller and would actually prefer him over Klose.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:32 am

The guy is a douchebag imo but a damn great player
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:48 am

Prefer him to have the record over Klose :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:07 am

Well, he has the final to try and score one or the other more, and I guess he'd love to improve his tally against Argentina a lot (Netherlands would be fine, too, of course).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:52 am

Great player and I like him a lot.The thing that really impresses me is how he manages to beat players even without being a great dribbler.
Notice when he is out wide and gets the ball.Almosot everytime he beats his man and gets a great ball in.Its just brilliant anticipation and intelligent movement.Its fascinating to watch.Probably the most intelligent player playing at the moment.MOM against Brazil and with it should be a contender for the Golden Ball too.
Great player and hope he goes on to beat Klose's record.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:38 am

Tap-in merchant playing in a great team. Even Pedro would be doing the exact same in his position.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:53 am

no , Thomas Muller is simply a great player, probably the biggest big games player of Bayern Munchen
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:05 am

alexjanosik wrote:Great player and I like him a lot.The thing that really impresses me is how he manages to beat players even without being a great dribbler.
Notice when he is out wide and gets the ball.Almosot everytime he beats his man and gets a great ball in. Its just brilliant anticipation and intelligent movement. Its fascinating to watch.Probably the most intelligent player playing at the moment.MOM against Brazil and with it should be a contender for the Golden Ball too.
Great player and hope he goes on to beat Klose's record.

This.
And since this thread is so stupid, beat me to this:
the scrubs like Ronaldo and Messi use more feet and less brain, where as players like Müller use more brain and less feet.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:27 pm

Lol, seeing as messi would never lay he's hands close to the record. Why dont we head to whoscored to find out messi's career WC stats and see his odds for breaking the record in 2018. LooooooooooL
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:43 pm

Harmonica wrote:Tap-in merchant playing in a great team. Even Pedro would be doing the exact same in his position.

Harmonica wrote:Tap-in merchant playing in a great team. Even Pedro would be doing the exact same in his position.
Pedro doesn't have the brains to position himself for that many tap-ins.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:31 pm

Tap-in merchant playing in a great team? Sounds like Messi nowadays :coffee:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Didnt rate Muller at the last WC but definitely over the past few years appreciate what a fine player he is. He isnt the spectacular type, nor the best at anything, but his overall game, the basic stuff, so all round good and clever, works so hard, fitness, determination and mental strength, makes him a top player. Agree with everyone, probably ends up breaking Klose's record.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:07 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Didnt rate Muller at the last WC

Laughing 
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next