Mr Nick09
Kick
titosantill
halamadrid2
Onyx
54 posters

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by halamadrid2 Wed May 11, 2016 11:03 am

What are people's thought on Martinez?? Now with Hummels, Carlo will have proper CBs to work with as opposed to pseudo this or that. And with Alonso still there, and Sanchez coming on huge transfer Martinez will probably be surplus to reqiirements. Him and Casemiro in the CDM position will cover that position for years to come

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by sportsczy Wed May 11, 2016 11:14 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:signing an unproven youngsters coming off ligament injury is always a tough sell. might as well go for ghoulam, although with tall fullback, there is always a concern with how quickly can they turn their body and react in 1v1. I dont watch him at all so i dont know how he defends.

Not to be a starter...  Marcelo is the starter.  Just someone you can get for cheap, with talent and that can push Marcelo eventually... or not.  Very little risk whether he works out or doesn't.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed May 11, 2016 11:18 am

Hala, it's worth the discussion, but there are two big concerns. he hasn't really played that position for a couple of years and is he injury prone or not. If he is or could be the Javi of 2 or 3 years ago, I'd say for sure go for it, but you really have to wonder if that Javi is still there?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed May 11, 2016 11:19 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:signing an unproven youngsters coming off ligament injury is always a tough sell. might as well go for ghoulam, although with tall fullback, there is always a concern with how quickly can they turn their body and react in 1v1. I dont watch him at all so i dont know how he defends.

Ghoulam is good. Solid fullback, he'd be a good alternative to Marcelo I think since he is sound defensively.

Napoli play a very "asymmetric" 4-3-3 where the left side attacks much more and the right side tucks in. Ghoulam (the LB) is then pretty shackled on that left side and has a lot of defensive duties since Hamsik (LCM) and Insigne (LW) are off attacking all game. Sarri's tatics are really interesting but thats another topic.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed May 11, 2016 11:29 am

@ Nick, I agree with everything you have said. There is one other consideration re next year that should also be discussed.

Asensio is reported to be returned next year. He is another AM and as stated earlier, we don't see to have a roll for AMs in our setup. Consensus seems to be that James will be sold. That leaves Isco and it sounds like he will stay, but he is likely a backup to Kroos or Pogba (if he comes). So where does Asensio fit in? Some here have suggested he could be a backup winger (I have doubts about that), but if true, that leaves Jese, Lucas and Asensio ---- too many and too inexperienced! I would consider lending or sell with buyback Jese. Lucas should stay IMO because of his versatility and workrate. But still have to wonder, is there not anyway, we can play with AM.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed May 11, 2016 11:41 am

Asensio is better on the right imo.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 11, 2016 11:52 am

Asensio needs to continue playing on loan, he needs to take espanyol into europe or something, do something big. He is not ready
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed May 11, 2016 1:00 pm

Asensio has been good in spurts this season. He is far from ready to play for us. The Espanyol coach has moved him around in the midfield so he hasnt had a set position. He needs 1 or more seasons out before he is even considered.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed May 11, 2016 1:56 pm

Javi Martinez isn't good enough on the ball I think. Not for the player Zidane is looking for anyway.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed May 11, 2016 2:01 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Asensio needs to continue playing on loan, he needs to take espanyol into europe or something, do something big. He is not ready

Yeah, especially wiith the likes Lucas and Jese here he won't get minutes neither on the wings nor in the middle. Leave him till 2017 on loan
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed May 11, 2016 2:02 pm

Adit wrote:Javi Martinez isn't good enough on the ball I think. Not for the player Zidane is looking for anyway.

Martinez is insane in midfield
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed May 11, 2016 2:04 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
Adit wrote:Javi Martinez isn't good enough on the ball I think. Not for the player Zidane is looking for anyway.

Martinez is insane in midfield

Defensively but not impressed by him on the ball. Slightly better than Casemiro on the ball.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed May 11, 2016 2:06 pm

Hazard started giving a fuk now Laughing

Dude is talented but his attitude this season has been terrible. To be fair our own super star did try everything possible to get Rafa sacked.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed May 11, 2016 3:46 pm

I'm not sure were Val and Adit are coming from re Javi Martinez. He was good on ball in addition to his defensive part of gamewhen he played midfield, but he hasn't really played that position for a couple of years. So why does one of you say he is insane in midfield (or did you mean to say was?) and Adit are you saying he was bad on ball a couple of years ago?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 11, 2016 4:29 pm

He's very mechanical like Casemiro Bill... he gets panicky when pressed and is prone to make mistakes. That's why Pep preferred Lahm and Vidal there as opposed to Javi. Javi only got 2 games as midfielder this year and that was when everyone was injured.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed May 11, 2016 4:40 pm

sportsczy wrote:He's very mechanical like Casemiro Bill...  he gets panicky when pressed and is prone to make mistakes.  That's why Pep preferred Lahm and Vidal there as opposed to Javi.  Javi only got 2 games as midfielder this year and that was when everyone was injured.

When Pep the hipster dont trust you in midfield... Seems Javi's passing has fallen off. I thought he was a decent holder of ball and distributor back in bilbao? wasnt he the key dm for Heynckes? wonder what happened...
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed May 11, 2016 4:50 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:
sportsczy wrote:He's very mechanical like Casemiro Bill...  he gets panicky when pressed and is prone to make mistakes.  That's why Pep preferred Lahm and Vidal there as opposed to Javi.  Javi only got 2 games as midfielder this year and that was when everyone was injured.

When Pep the hipster dont trust you in midfield... Seems Javi's passing has fallen off. I thought he was a decent holder of ball and distributor back in bilbao? wasnt he the key dm for Heynckes? wonder what happened...

Schweini - Martinez were amazing in their CL run. Dominant all the way. I still remember Javi ending Iniesta's career
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed May 11, 2016 4:55 pm

Well no matter. When Carlo sees Martinez, we will find out for sure what happened to that guy.

back on topic, I dont like Courtois, I also dont like De gea. Would rather see us promote a gk since our gks are usually solid. Iker and Lopez weren't one time flashes in pans.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 11, 2016 5:10 pm

I know it's Madrid and we would go for whoever we see fit but I really don't see any genuine need to go after either De Gea or Courtois since Navas is excellent and as good as any of those guys. Even if his physicality falls, that is what, 5-6 years from now. This is a club that can replace someone in 5-6 years quite easily. It would be totally unnecessary but not surprising if we chase either keeper.

Re: Martinez
I always liked his style but I do not think Bayern would sell him until Carlo gives his ok but I wouldn't mind having him. Still of the real opinion he is a solid holding midfielder who can pass a ball well (enough).
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 12, 2016 6:56 am

Martinez is crooked though, way too many injuries. There is no point in having a back up that will break down when you need him.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu May 12, 2016 7:12 am

Turok, you obviously do not watch Castilla. We have only developed three GK capable of 1st division futbol since Iker and Lopez. KIko Casilla, who is good enough to play but not as a starter for Madrid, Adan who is playing well enough in 1st division, but again not good enough for Madrid and Pacheco who is currently playing well for one of the top teams in Adelante. He likely will get to 1st divison at some point, but again not good enough for Madrid. All three of these guys were considered amongst the best in Spain when they were young having been on the youth selecciones several times. This is a difficult position to develop yet alone to be world class. Like with the other positions, a very small percentage make it it to 1st division let alone to Real Madrid and very seldom does one go from 3rd level futbol to 1st.

This whole subject about a posible change for De Gea or Courtois for Navas is only a discussion about age. All three are world class and undoubtably it will not be an upgrade. We can debate about weaknesses or strengths, but at end of day, they all are very good. However the discussion is availablity of much younger world class porteros availability and locking up that position for several years. None of us know how this will play out, but as Nick said, it is worth the discussions. Sure it is unfair to Navas, but this is business and there is no real loyalty in Sports these days.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu May 12, 2016 7:29 am

I read an article yesterday that apparently Zidane has talked with Asensio and wants him to come to America this summer as part of the training camp. I read this as like several others Canales, Jese, he will be given a good look before deciding whether to loan him out again or whether he can make the promotion.

That said, I think we should talk about the bench strength. For GK, we will have Kiko back (satisfactory IMO), for defense we have Nacho, Pepe, likely Danilo and hopefully a new LB. Not really great considering how often CBs get hurt, Danilo's thus far contributions and someone needs to talk with Varane, Pepe and Nacho into staying for another year. At midfield, we likely have Casemiro, Isco, Kovacic and maybe Kroos. That would be ok IMO if we get the 2 quality midfielders we have been talking about.

But at forward, we are talking about Jese, Lucas, Asensio and potentially Morata. Given how often Benz and Bale are hurt, my feeling is these kids are not good enough. I'm ok with one maybe two of them, but although I like all of them, we need better quality and experience in these spots to be able to ride out the inevitable injuries.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu May 12, 2016 10:09 am

futbol_bill wrote:Turok, you obviously do not watch Castilla. We have only developed three GK capable of 1st division futbol since Iker and Lopez. KIko Casilla, who is good enough to play but not as a starter for Madrid, Adan who is playing well enough in 1st division, but again not good enough for Madrid and Pacheco who is currently playing well for one of the top teams in Adelante. He likely will get to 1st divison at some point, but again not good enough for Madrid. All three of these guys were considered amongst the best in Spain when they were young having been on the youth selecciones several times. This is a difficult position to develop yet alone to be world class. Like with the other positions, a very small percentage make it it to 1st division let alone to Real Madrid and very seldom does one go from 3rd level futbol to 1st.

This whole subject about a posible change for De Gea or Courtois for Navas is only a discussion about age. All three are world class and undoubtably it will not be an upgrade. We can debate about weaknesses or strengths, but at end of day, they all are very good. However the discussion is availablity of much younger world class porteros availability and locking up that position for several years. None of us know how this will play out, but as Nick said, it is worth the discussions. Sure it is unfair to Navas, but this is business and there is no real loyalty in Sports these days.

I thought you had me on ignore? anywho while its true I do not watch the Castilla, I do have to point out however that the likes of Iker and Lopez are to be considered anomolies, not the rule. Gks that are talented at a very young age are very rare. I feel if given the time and confidence, we can develop our own gks. difficult? absolutely. But I think its worth the effort.

Especially as I see my family's team promote their gk successfully for the past decade or so and once again recently. De Gea, Navas, any of these punks will not and never understand the importance of this club as a homegrown talent would. with Carjaval, you can see the difference vs Ramos or bloody Danilo.

I just want to see more peeps bleed for this shirt damn it. Much as I respect Benz's footballing ability, it pales in comparison to Raul's talent and work ethic. that and I prefer home grown when considering the lack of spanish in the starting 11.
but I am idealistic and unrealistic. we buy our talent than grow them these days. Maybe we get De Gea but I dont like his attitude or personality, a punk he is.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu May 12, 2016 10:41 am

rubbish benzema bleeds for the jersey just as much as any madrid player, he doesn't need fake outburst (cr) or tears (higs) to prove it, he has put with more crap than what any average player should, from stupid and ungrateful fans, cr been taking shots and touches away from him for years, yet no matter how criticized he gets, keeps playing for the team even with injuries or being unfit, but he doesn't have the work ethic? he sure as hell have more talent that raul though Laughing

I swear you guys but zero thoughts into half of these posts.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu May 12, 2016 10:48 am

yeah, even diego lopez from what i hear is on the outs at ac milan, a 16 year old has been benching him for a while now. iker as far as i know is the only goalie from castilla who has had profound success at madrid in the last i don't know probably 40 or more years. so no, we don't have an amazing record in producing goalies....adan was catastrophic, lopez for his exploits that season with us, did ok with villarreal at first, was second/third choice at sevilla, and now some kid is benching him at milan
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu May 12, 2016 11:05 am

and just cos you come from the youth and understand the team doesn't mean you can or should play for madrid. i actually dislike that rhetoric. its that rhetoric that saw rafa benitez become our coach. we didn't sign rafa cos of his record, he had been garbage for a while now. the team signed him primarily cos he had some friends at madrid who talked up the "he coached in the youth set up and is spanish, so he must be good" argument....only for him to flop

ramos and danilo aren't good examples either. ramos first of all isn't from madrid, he's from seville, and he's been at madrid since like 05/06 definitely his approach is going to be different from danilo's who just joined the team yesterday. it's like comparing raul to someone like marcelo, when marcelo just signed for us....who's to say danilo won't develop into a solid player who can learn the ways of the club?

titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next