BeautifulGame
totaalvoetbal
M99
fatman123
Iceman
Art Morte
15 posters

Go down

Hiddink likely to quit Turkey job & Ancelotti planning one year break Empty Hiddink likely to quit Turkey job & Ancelotti planning one year break

Post by Art Morte Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:29 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13665584.stm

The Turkish Football Federation has accepted that Guus Hiddink is likely to leave his job as national team boss and return to Chelsea.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13669072.stm

Carlo Ancelotti will take a one-year sabbatical from coaching after his departure from Chelsea last month, according to reports in Italy.

The Italian, 51, told Italian newspaper La Stampa: "I am in no hurry to coach and I don't need to.

"I have not been contacted by any club in England and I have not spoken to Roma. It is all fantasy."

Interesting developments. I was hoping to see Carlo immediately back in action + not sure if Hiddink will be the best fit for Chelsea.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Hiddink likely to quit Turkey job & Ancelotti planning one year break Empty Re: Hiddink likely to quit Turkey job & Ancelotti planning one year break

Post by Iceman Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:34 pm

I think Carlo is better off taking a break than managing a club like Aston Villa. From Milan to Chelsea and now..Aston Villa? Bit of a stepdown, no?
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Hiddink likely to quit Turkey job & Ancelotti planning one year break Empty Re: Hiddink likely to quit Turkey job & Ancelotti planning one year break

Post by fatman123 Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:34 pm

i think carlo wuould've only gone straight back into action if a top PL side took him on, unfortunately the only teams that were after new coaches were villa and west ham, had aresnal or pool made an offer then im sure he wouldve thought about it
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Man City would be wise to sack Roberto Mancini and grab Ancelotti imo

But it won't happen lol

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:46 pm

Roma should take Carletto instead of Enrique, who is unproven. You never know whether a new coach will be Guardiola 2.0 or Ferrara 2.0. Anceolotti has experience in both Serie A and Champions League and would have been perfect for Roma.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by totaalvoetbal Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:48 pm

I wonder if Hiddink can deliver them a CL.... :S
totaalvoetbal
totaalvoetbal
Prospect
Prospect

http://goingusa.waarbenjij.nu

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:50 pm

I dont think there is much difference btw Ancelotti and Hiddink . If anything Ancelotti is younger and would have been better for long haul . Unnecessary move .

Will they sack Hiddink if he too ends trophy less this season ?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sagnik92 Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:51 pm

Crimson wrote:Man City would be wise to sack Roberto Mancini and grab Ancelotti imo

+1
sagnik92
sagnik92
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:03 pm

Someone give me a breakdown of what will happen when hiddink doesn't win any silverware in his first season at Chelsea?
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:19 pm

Crimson wrote:Man City would be wise to sack Roberto Mancini and grab Ancelotti imo

But it won't happen lol
Shh! Don't give them any good ideas! ManC and Mancini are meant for each other.

ManC
Mancini

See? Just like Arsene and Arsenal.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:35 pm

Hiddink has been anything but impressive in charge of Turkey.

Chelsea's squad is getting old and they'll need some big changes in the next couple of years, I don't think Hiddink is the right man for that. Someone younger, more energetic and enthusiastic would be better. Guus has got all the experience and knowledge in the world, but has he got the excitement for the job?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by DagenhamDave Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:58 pm

if abramovich really wants the cl that badly he should swallow his pride and re-instate jose mourinho. i'd like to see sparky given another chance to manage a big club and chelsea would be a good club for him.
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:26 pm

Harry Redknapp wouldn't be a bad choice for Chelsea manager.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:46 pm

Art Morte wrote:Hiddink has been anything but impressive in charge of Turkey.

Chelsea's squad is getting old and they'll need some big changes in the next couple of years, I don't think Hiddink is the right man for that. Someone younger, more energetic and enthusiastic would be better. Guus has got all the experience and knowledge in the world, but has he got the excitement for the job?

What did you expect from Turkey? from the games i have seen Turkey plays some wonderful football.

What you said about Hiddink, i can say the same about kenny not being up to the task.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:02 am

Blue wrote:
What did you expect from Turkey? from the games i have seen Turkey plays some wonderful football.

What you said about Hiddink, i can say the same about kenny not being up to the task.

Dalglish was super-eager to get the Liverpool job and it's obvious he's very excited about it as are everyone supporting the club.

Hiddink is pretty old (as is Kenny) and has been coaching non-stop for almost 30 years. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see him bringing in a lot of energy, no matter where he goes. If Chelsea needed stability right now, he'd be great, but in my opinion Chelsea need to re-build and re-new and someone fresher (Villa Boas?) would get that done better, I believe.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by teague Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:46 am

mtfootball wrote:Harry Redknapp wouldn't be a bad choice for Chelsea manager.

Very Happy:D:D yeah Redknapp at Chelsea. I'd like to see that happen!
teague
teague
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:05 am

To be honest if Hiddink joins he'll spend a year or so in charge then take our sporting Dircetor role. We will then buy Villas Boas and claim the CL. The end.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:15 pm

What kickmars said, and we still dont really know if he is coming as the DoF. But he is coming to Chelsea!
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down