McAgger
matpol
Onyx
80 posters

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

World Cup: Group A discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: World Cup: Group A discussion

Post by lszanto Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:56 am

Lovren was stupid enough to put his hands on him, I agree it's not a penalty but if a referee sees contact like that and a player go down they have to make a split second decision, the location of the tournament then obviously influences that decision towards the favor of Brazil so the kick is given. Same situation with no hands from Lovren = no penalty, pretty simple.

The overreaction on here though is hilarious, Croatia were rubbish, their only goal came from Dani Alves being stupid enough to try and press Croatia's keeper in possesion. You can't say either way whether or not the penalty had a sway on the result because we have no idea what would have happened had it not gone in.

lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:57 am

Same as before, nothing changed for me. They have a good chance.

It's just one game, if they won 5-0 I wouldnt see them as more likely either.

First game for a squad with not much experience, at home...bound to be nervous and it showed early.

Showed good fight to come back without panic against a talented (though somewhat unbalanced) team.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:58 am

Betty La Fea wrote:Look like I was wrong and Blue and Ganso were right.

Oscar was absolutely insane.
tbh i wasn't right about Oscar since I wasn't defending him on his poor run of form.I was actually starting to believe that it would be best if he got benched.I've seen the light though, he is our second most important player
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:01 am

Ganso wrote:

tbh i wasn't right about Oscar since I wasn't defending him on his poor run of form.I was actually starting to believe that it would be best if he got benched.I've seen the light though, he is our second most important player

Why did Scolari change the band of 3 to Hulk - Neymar - Oscar? Hulk is horrid when he can't cut in.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:01 am

some posters are not being fair here, its obvious croatia was coming into the game before the pen which was horrible btw.

neymar and oscar goals were both savable poor goal keeping

brazil got very lucky with the ref help that a fact
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:07 am

lszanto wrote:
Ganso wrote:

Why did Scolari change the band of 3 to Hulk - Neymar - Oscar? Hulk is horrid when he can't cut in.
I think he wanted Hulk to mark Srna, that's why he changed the setup.And tbh it worked since Srna did shit all and Oscar was amazing playing RW.I think this could change in the next game Tuesday
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:08 am

Ganso wrote:
lszanto wrote:
Ganso wrote: tbh i wasn't right about Oscar since I wasn't defending him on his poor run of form.I was actually starting to believe that it would be best if he got benched.I've seen the light though, he is our second most important player

I think he wanted Hulk to mark Srna, that's why he changed the setup.And tbh it worked since Srna did shit all and Oscar was amazing playing RW.I think this could change in the next game Tuesday

That makes sense, yeah agreed but Oscar was better as soon as he drifted in. Out wide he seems a bit clueless sometimes which I think you see when he just hits cross after cross(which may have been his instructions to try and hit Fred).
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:08 am

Not really Chad.... Cesar had nothing to do until that long shot from Modric which he should have done better with in last 10 mins.

Now its true they created more danger after that probably out of desperation, but they wasn't coming into the game at all at the time of penalty.

Brazil were the ones looking like scoring and Croatia looked happy with sitting back with a draw and didn't really start causing issues on the Brazil goal until the last 10 mins when they had to get something.

For majority of the game they did little to nothing, its ok to say Brazil didn't create much either its true but fact of the matter is until the last 10 mins Croatia did practically nothing to win a game.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:09 am

The Franchise wrote:I just dont think a draw would have been a "fair result" like people said or were hinting at.

What is fair?

Brazil was better and they won, so really thats about it.

Yes the pen was questionable. Shouldnt have gave it, but see why he did.

Just a big deal about nothing really.

Well there's 2 layers of meaning of a result being 'fair'. But for the layer you're talking about (merit, deserve, better team etc pp) to have any relevance first the result has to be 'fair' in the sense that the referee doesn't give one team *bleep* present penalty when the result is still contested and the actual outcome open.

And Iszanto, sorry but I don't want to hear stuff like "put a hand on him, make contact, split second decision" etc pp bla bla bla bla bl.. ... bla.
It's a blatant and pathetic dive, clear for everyone to see, and simply CANNOT be given as a penalty.
There's decisions where you can argue, and there's decision that are just unacceptable, Today's was the latter.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:10 am

Also ii have to take a laugh at the people who were hyping Croatia's midfield to no end.They parked the bus and the 3 maestrics didn't show up.Kovacic was awful.Rakitic also did shit all, however, I understand he was playing pure DM
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:11 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I just dont think a draw would have been a "fair result" like people said or were hinting at.

What is fair?

Well there's 2 layers of meaning of a result being 'fair'. But for the layer you're talking about (merit, deserve, better team etc pp) to have any relevance first the result has to be 'fair' in the sense that the referee doesn't give one team *bleep* present penalty when the result is still contested and the actual outcome open.

And Iszanto, sorry but I don't want to hear stuff like "put a hand on him, make contact, split second decision" etc pp bla bla bla bla bl.. ... bla.
It's a blatant and pathetic dive, clear for everyone to see, and simply CANNOT be given as a penalty.
There's decisions where you can argue, and there's decision that are just unacceptable, Today's was the latter.

Maybe go pick another sport then mate, a game in which decisions aren't always 100% perfect is obsiously not for you.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:11 am

If this is the way Fifa are going to referee the matches, might as well engrave Brazil's name on the cup and be done with it. Such a travesty.

Brazil only won this match because of dubious decisions by the referee.

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:12 am

Brady2Moss wrote:If this is the way Fifa are going to referee the matches, might as well engrave Brazil's name on the cup. Such a travesty of a tournament.

Brazil only won this match because of dubious decisions by the referee.

rofl 
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:14 am

it was 1-1.. dive makes it 2-1 - it was a game-changer... Brazil remain revered world-wide despite their consistent diving, every world cup - its embarrassing.

There are a few nations who ar repeat offenders and I'm pretty over seeing it tbh. We all know who they are.

I feel for croats today. I would be fuming - regardless of who, on balance, was the better side.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:17 am

The riots happening in Brazil don't help things either. Imagine if Brazil are knocked out early? Things might descend into pure chaos.

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:19 am

lszanto wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

What is fair?

Maybe go pick another sport then mate, a game in which decisions aren't always 100% perfect is obsiously not for you.

Again - I'm not asking for 100%, I am asking for a bit more than 0% perfect, and I think that really isn't too much too ask.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:21 am

What is fair?

Just for clarification purposes I said that the draw would've been fair considering Marcelo's screw up. Taking that out of the equation I agree Brazil were ahead.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:22 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Not really Chad.... Cesar had nothing to do until that long shot from Modric which he should have done better with in last 10 mins.

Now its true they created more danger after that probably out of desperation, but they wasn't coming into the game at all at the time of penalty.

Brazil were the ones looking like scoring and Croatia looked happy with sitting back with a draw and didn't really start causing issues on the Brazil goal until the last 10 mins when they had to get something.

For majority of the game they did little to nothing, its ok to say Brazil didn't create much either its true but fact of the matter is until the last 10 mins Croatia did practically nothing to win a game.

I don't think it's that they were happy with the draw but that their forwards were terrible. They lost the ball or gave it away instantly whenever Croatia tried to build something.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:23 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
lszanto wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Again - I'm not asking for 100%, I am asking for a bit more than 0% perfect, and I think that really isn't too much too ask.

Except that's your opinion.

While it was a dive and not a penalty there are elements contributing to the fact that the referee might come to the conclusion that he was pulled down. He doesn't have the benefit of replays and many angles. It's not like there was no contact, the referee has seen the contact and given it, not realising that Fred flopped like a fish as soon as he was touched.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:23 am

Mole i disagree the game had settled into a good groove before that pen, nothing was clear cut for either team, its not like brazil was missing sitter after sitter Laughing, they didn't deserve anything if that keeper was decent those 2 shots got saved imo.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:27 am

How come no one is mentioning Oscar's goal, which only came as a result on a clumsy foul (not called- no surprises there) on Rakitic by Ramires?

If the referee had done his job, this game might have turned out differently.

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:42 am

I noticed that foul too.. but the game was a dead duck at that stage anyway so who cares.

A few decisions went against Croatia.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:54 am

im watching that highlight right now, ramires went cleanly on the ball.there was also a clear foul on JC.

there was only one big mistake which was the PK.get over it
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:01 am

Great start to the WC!!  cheers So entertaining and even better than I had anticipated, both teams played so well.

I thought Croatia did very well in the first half with their strat, press the midfield and counter swiftly and clearly worked. Brazil responded so quickly though and dominated, while Croatia kept creating their own chances too, it was awesome Very Happy

In the second started a bit dull and the penalty changed the game, after that Brazil with the momentum, Croatia had a coupel fo more chance but Brazil had everything gonig for them which was expected. The ref favours, crowd, spirit, etc. was just better than Croatia which also didnt have as good teamwork and chemistry I think.

Particularly impressed with Neymar, Oscar, Alves, Luiz, and Fred well, well done to win the fake penalty Razz Olic did well on the left wing. I think Croatia will play even better in the next 2 games. So both teams look in good shape.

At times though it was clear Brazil was a bit weak in the midfield and they could be caught defending the wings as shown in this game.

Felt in was 3-1, but wasnt confident enough to place a bet Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:31 am

yeah, it was a good game. hopefully the other matches keep it up, and i think they will. some massive games in the next few days
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:10 am

Ganso wrote:im watching that highlight right now, ramires went cleanly on the ball.there was also a clear foul on JC.

there was only one big mistake which was the PK.get over it

Of course he did.

By the way, have you checked what the presses from the rest of world are saying? Laughing

home cooking...

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next