Kaladin
Tomwin Lannister
McAgger
urbaNRoots
M99
44 posters

Page 23 of 37 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 37  Next

Go down

Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 23 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:40 am

Great episode mostly, but Tywins death should've been more epic indeed.

Gonna have to hop aboard the Stannis for King bandwagon for a while.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 23 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:24 am

That was a horrible translation from the books to an episode. I am not one of those who says Books are the best and blablabla but that was really a poor episode in terms of what they wanted to show and how. However in terms of overall episode it was still brilliant.

They foreshadowed Tywin's death when Littlefinger said to Robyn 2 episodes ago "Some people even die on the chamber pot" Laughing

Brienne vs the hound was a great fight. lol mcagger Brienne not a good fighter rofl

Stannis though ffs :bow: The one true king :bow:

Tywin Laughing

Shae Laughing good riddance.

Oh and Children of the forest :bow:

Last edited by RealGunner on Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:36 am

Finally, allow me to introduce the man in my avatar Proud

How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? A thousand eyes, and one

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:48 am

I thought your avatar was some Targaryen pos.

And it made me believe that someone would get ressed in the episode ffs Laughing
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:02 am

Wat? Laughing Why in the world would i have something in my avatar which gives out a spoiler or something Laughing

That's the man who bran met
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:07 am

Idk.. The white hair made me think he was targaryen Laughing
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:12 am

Would you consider it a spoiler if I give you a bit of his history? Won't spoil anything from the TV show.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:43 am

THAT WAS FREAKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I genuinely think that is the best Game of Thrones episode ever made!
It was so damn satisfying!!!!!!!!

Where do we start...
Well at the start. I think Stannis is finally making big moves! And this episode, continuing into next season will just be the start where us non-book readers get to witness the 'swag' Laughing and greatness of Stannis. Those armies were huge! Absolutely stunned me. Jon Snow immediately warming up to Stannis as soon as he got the chance. POS knows he has to claw to something bigger than him. Jon burning Yigritte. Swear that's the most happiest and peaceful I've seen a character in GoT - Yigritte's dead body!

Cersei just never ceases to surprise me in her acts of narcissism and selfishness. Absolutely got her way with Tywin and Jaime.
For a moment I thought The Mountain would come back as some sort of a face when that guy said he might not be the same after the the process, but when he replied to Cersei that he won't weaken - I realised once you've gone down that depths of heelness like Gregor has done, you'll forever be a heel. So we might see an even bigger and more monstrous Gregor Clegane next season.

Danaerys Stormborn [enter titles].
Well her scene was like same old, same old again. Not doing much progress plot wise. Now she has to chain her dragons (Breaker of Chains, my ass!) and I think that just symbolises we'll continue to see a more on-going stagnent Dany that's going to stay there in Mereen for a long time, with not much action.
Oh and how did she let Drogon out of her sight and control. Worthless leader is worthless.
On the other hand though, we might see Drogon flying over Kings Landing next season, taking over the Iron Thrones by itself. Proud

And then came probably the most awesome part of the episode. Bran reaching his destination.
That scene with skeletons coming out of the snow was just epic! For a moment there I thought "OMG no, pls not another Stark dying again." And then they entered that cave. That was so legit and yo could feel the vibes in there. Amazing, kinda reminded me of the cave we saw in True Detective season finale.
When that man said Bran will get what he wants I was thinking... "Ned Stark resurrection!" Some of you guys here have planted the idea in my head that we'll see someone getting resurrected in GoT at some point in the show.

And then right after that came just another amazing part again. Brienne of effing Tarth vs The Hound. The feels in that fight!! Two of your favourites going at it, how can you choose a winner, but I just knew that Brienne was going to win and we'll see Sandor dying. And while we actually didn't see Sandor blowing out his last breath, I assume he is dead already (cuz the episode was probably shooted a long time ago, and the producers are likely already thinking of season 5 at this moment Laughing ) Brienne just went crazy on him though. Mighty punches there at the end.
The Hound is just amazing. Will miss his awesome punchlines! While he was busy dying he still came up with a top notch one, when Arya asked him if he was going to die: "Unless there's a maester hiding behind that rock... I... I'm done." :bow:

And then came probably the most satisfying part of all of the episode.
:bow: Tyrion :bow:
The emotion in that whole sequence was immense. Peter Dinklage has been absolutely top class this season, he has brought most of the emotion to the screen.
The way he killed Shae!!!!! (for a moment I thought he was in Cersei's room) Shae's head just hanging there beside him was an epic picture still in the whole of the series.
And then he killed his father.
LOL such a scrub way to go out for the richest man in Westeros and a man who has won many wars.
Always knew that eunuch Varys wouldn't forget that Tyrion saved the city. (Lie!) Laughing Varys is so unpredictable, seriously, you never know what's going to be his next move.

And then just another fine instalment to Arya's arc there at the end. On her way to Braavos! Can't wait for that.
Happy for Bran and Arya. They're moving on. Proud

What a season it was, eh lads...
In terms of the spectacle which this show is it just took an acceleration to a whole new level. The setting gets bigger every season and they replace those that die with other characters that are exciting and enjoyable in their own way - Oberyn being the epitome of that so far in the show - Even though he went on to die Sad Still sad about that part.
But yeah, it's been another glorious season of jaw-dropping and magnificent tv. Now we'll have to wait for another year again. :l

Season 4 rating: 9.8/10
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:14 am

Great analysis El Gunner

About Daenerys. Does anyone find it ironic that she is freeing up the slaves and yet she slaved her own kids/dragons? Laughing Really can't stand her. She is so stupid. Dragons caged :facepalm:

This season for me was 9.6/10.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:55 am

Seen a lot of book readers salty that Bloodraven looks like some old grandpa rather than the monstrosity he sounds like in the books hmm

I really don't care though Bran's storyline is the worst for me. Not a big fan of the magical elements in GOT. I prefer focusing on the political stuff.

and Brienne's still a meh fighter IMO. She never fought The Hound in the books. The Hound would beat her with mid difficulty if GRRM wrote it hmm
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:58 am

I forgot that the dead rise North of the wall until they mentioned burning the bodies. They need to take Oberyn's corpse up there ffs, need my red viper back.

Tywin
Oberyn
The Hound

all dying in the last few episodes, I hope they introduce so more great characters next season because as it stands I'm down to caring about about four people in the entire show.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:36 am

RealGunner wrote:Great analysis El Gunner

About Daenerys. Does anyone find it ironic that she is freeing up the slaves and yet she slaved her own kids/dragons? Laughing Really can't stand her. She is so stupid. Dragons caged :facepalm:

This season for me was 9.6/10.

Very ironic indeed. I'm not sure what ends up happening to Danny in the books but I was sort of half expecting her to mess up in such a way. Was it Jorah who mentioned that not even she could fully control the dragons completely earlier in the season?
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:38 am

Yeah went from caring about loads of characters to hardly any lmao

Need an injection of GOATs
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:49 am

Don't worry the next season will see a massive influx of characters.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:51 am

Firenze wrote:Seen a lot of book readers salty that Bloodraven looks like some old grandpa rather than the monstrosity he sounds like in the books hmm

This bloodraven looks like he eats from subway every day.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:51 am

Yea, next season will have a lot of new characters

2 of those who will be instant fan favourites. Maybe 3
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:19 am

http://www.ign.com/wikis/game-of-thrones/The_Children_Differences
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:35 am

ahh the Skeleton scene reminded me of Zelda- Orcarina of Time.. newbs should have done a Z backflip.
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:11 pm

RealGunner wrote:Would you consider it a spoiler if I give you a bit of his history? Won't spoil anything from the TV show.
Don't mind it. pls post
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:37 pm

Apparently we'll get to see more Martells and Greyjoys next season :bow:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:02 pm

zigra wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Arya is turning into a bad ass? More like a psychopath, she's 11 ffs.

I think she's 13 or 14 in the show. Afair the stark kids are all a bit older in the show than in the books. But yeah obviously she's turning into a psychopath or to be fair she most likely is one already.

that's because there's no magic potion to let child actors age slower.
Well, maybe there is, massive amounts of amphetamine might help a bit like they gave Judy Garland for the Wizard of Oz, but ...
After all it's a year between shooting each season.

Very satisfied with the finale.
Of course there are a few things that bug me.
Arya letting the Hound and Brienne go at each other is one of those, those two could've gotten along so well Sad
Of course Brienne should've showed Arya that wolf cake the kid made for her :facepalm:
But Arya all in all is a very promising young lady.

Finally I saw Stannis as a KING, good move by him. Wondering what will happen between Jon and Melisandre.
God I LOVE the Lord of Light theme music.

The skeleton scene at the raven tree reminded me a lot of the "Return to Castle Wolfenstein" game so that was a bit funny.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:10 pm

El Gunner, I think Arya is going to the wall and not to Braavos, no?
After all she used that token from the faceless men to convince the ship captain right?

Firenze wrote:
I really don't care though Bran's storyline is the worst for me. Not a big fan of the magical elements in GOT. I prefer focusing on the political stuff.

I kind of agree.
I don't mind it being in there, it give it all a kind of eery vibe, but if it becomes too literal and visible I'm easily turned off. Thought that tree looked stupid, and thought the Raven guy housing in the rhizome was a bit underwhelming.
Same with the White Walkers. I thought how they were introduced in the very first scene was scary, but then when you see them repeatedly riding around like regular zombies, and then turn the baby with the blue eyes etc, it's in danger of being silly.

In general I think with these kinds of things it's better when they are hinted at rather than shown with CGI...
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:16 pm

The captain never had any intention of going anywhere but Braavos, the coin simply convinced him to take her along on the journey. Recall what Jaqen said, to show the coin to anyone from Braavos if she was interested in finding out more.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:40 pm

I thought the Lannister storylines took good and meaningful turns.

Varys' promise to Tyrion he and the people wouldn't forget indeed had to mean something, so good it came into fruition.
I was seriously getting paranoid about the show killing their central characters Laughing

It's great he killed his dad, obviously, he had it coming; I thought Cersei, the hot crazy mama, gained a lot as a character this episode, finally some depth to her raw rage all the times.
That was necessary, as she was becoming boring and one-dimensional.
Jamie COULD be a interesting character going forward, his perverse side was a bit in the background too much, so I think it's good in addition to all the good stuff he showed he still chooses to continue with Cersei.

The only thing which is a bit erratic and carelessly finished is Shae's character imo.
I mean for a couple of seasons theirs was the most genuine love story, and then this.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:05 pm

MaraVilla wrote:ahh the Skeleton scene reminded me of Zelda- Orcarina of Time.. newbs should have done a Z backflip.

That scene reminded me so much of Skyrim. Using Fireball on Draugrs.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:59 pm

LeVersacci wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Would you consider it a spoiler if I give you a bit of his history? Won't spoil anything from the TV show.
Don't mind it. pls post

I'll put it in the spoiler tag anyways who don't want to read

Spoiler:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 37 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 37  Next