Kaladin
Tomwin Lannister
McAgger
urbaNRoots
M99
44 posters

Page 13 of 37 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25 ... 37  Next

Go down

Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 13 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:17 pm

Budget running low? Just put some fabric wings on a horse and suspend it over the stage. Few lighting/angle tricks and you have your dragons.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 13 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:21 pm

ffs just kill few more characters and use their wages
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:25 pm

RGRR Martin
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:35 pm

I've read that epi 10 has a huge budget. Which probably means dragons. Thinking of the books though I can't think of any dragon-badass specific scene that should be happening about now, so it must be a show-only scene. At this point in the show the dragons are much bigger than they were in the books.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:36 pm

pls eat Daenerys

inb4 fanboys

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:38 pm

I don't think Emilia Clarke has any fanboys left with her two tone acting.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:39 pm

I'm a loyal fan of hers unless she gets fat
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:06 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I've read that epi 10 has a huge budget. Which probably means dragons. Thinking of the books though I can't think of any dragon-badass specific scene that should be happening about now, so it must be a show-only scene. At this point in the show the dragons are much bigger than they were in the books.

I actually could think of a scene involving dragons and I'd have another idea why it could be expensive but this is the show thread so I think this should be discussed in the other thread.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:10 am

I wonder how much this episode cost to produce. Probably better than anything I recall from the LOTR movies. Some pretty emotional parts (not the ygritte death, that was corny and cliche.) like the nights watch guys who held the tunnel, funnily enough I don't know their names or if they even had them (at least the bearded guy, the others were fodder), I know they've been around for a while. The asshole commander gained my respect too Molenation
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:16 am

Man emotions running high with this one. Too many bros died Sad

Grenn held off a giant with 5 men ffs. Much respect. One of the best characters at the wall, his death choked me up a bit.

Pyp dying was emotional as well. He's been Jon's friend since the very first day at the wall.

Ygritte dying was cliched but still you could see she wasn't going to kill Jon Snow.

Commander Alliser Thorne went out like a man. Put his differences aside and fought bravely. Bald guy Slynt can *bleep* off. Hope the brothers chop his dick off for his cowardice.

The speech Sam gave Pyp gave me goosebumps ffs. Sam turning into a beast :bow:

Too many feels. Great episode.

That anchor thing that they dropped from the wall to wipe the climbers ffs Shocked Coolest thing I've ever seen. Probably the bossest scene of the whole battle.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:07 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:I'm a loyal fan of hers unless she gets fat

Laughing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:11 am

McAgger wrote:Man emotions running high with this one. Too many bros died Sad

Grenn held off a giant with 5 men ffs. Much respect. One of the best characters at the wall, his death choked me up a bit.

Pyp dying was emotional as well. He's been Jon's friend since the very first day at the wall.

Ygritte dying was cliched but still you could see she wasn't going to kill Jon Snow.

Commander Alliser Thorne went out like a man. Put his differences aside and fought bravely. Bald guy Slynt can *bleep* off. Hope the brothers chop his dick off for his cowardice.

The speech Sam gave Pyp gave me goosebumps ffs. Sam turning into a beast :bow:

Too many feels. Great episode.

That anchor thing that they dropped from the wall to wipe the climbers ffs Shocked Coolest thing I've ever seen. Probably the bossest scene of the whole battle.

ya the anchors were friggen great, I was like wtf is coming out of the walls...then OH! Shocked

and when buddy picked off the Giant with the fookin spear gun on steroids mounted on the wall :bow:

that was a great episode, battle was really well done in terms of showing all different stories of what was going on during it.

oh and when they let Ghost loose, "we need ya boy" :bow: never get enough of the wolves
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:37 am

We are privileged to watch this show live ffs.

:bow: :bow: 
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:27 am

How could you possibly not know Pyp and Grenn, they've been with Jon since season 1 Sad

Astonishing episode, giants riding Mammoths, Sam being badass, Jon being badass, Thorne being badass, Tormund being badass, Ghost being badass :bow:

Game of Thrones :bow:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:47 am

I only wished we could've seen more of Ghost tearing up the place.

Great episode overall
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:01 pm

Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 13 Get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fscontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-xpa1%2Ft1.0-9%2F10445116_875085405839638_6658518250563753914_n

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:07 pm

dat wall anchor Proud

What an episode that was. I still think Blackwater was a bit better, but not by much at all. Excellent stuff here.

Everyone went into beast mode (Janos Slynt excluded for reasons of craveness No)

Really wanted to see more of the fight between Grenn, his 5 men and the giant they killed. The aftermath looked absolutely epic. Cut scenes portioned out among the other scenes would've been enough to give us an idea of just how ferocious that battle must've been to hold that gate. Those men went out like complete goats Molenation
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:10 pm

I feel like blackwater had far more interesting character interactions whereas this episode had better spectacle.

Also the wildling strategy of "the wall stretches for hundreds of miles... let's climb in the only place where they have set up defenses" is pretty retarded.

Do we have a head count on how many crows died? If felt like it was half of them... pyrrhic victory
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:47 pm

Immaculate execution. :bow:
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:51 pm

I got teary at Pyp and Grenn's death. Book readers will know why.

What an episode that was.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:34 pm

Jesus I have never felt so proud in my life, the Night Watch fought like heros ffs, except for that POS Janos Slynt, what an utter disgrace, a fricken 10 year old boy had far more courage and did much more in the battle than him, what an utter disgrace to all us men, bloody disgrace,
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:38 pm

http://giant.gfycat.com/HighlevelQuaintClingfish.gif

http://giant.gfycat.com/HiddenChubbyBittern.gif

http://giant.gfycat.com/PositiveKaleidoscopicGhostshrimp.gif

http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/wall-slice.gif
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:51 pm

I don't think Sam was being badass. I mean he manned up a bit, but he was still cowardly.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:58 pm

good episode.

cant wait till one of the wildling wargs into Drogon (one of dany's dragon) and uses him to rape the crows. going to be a glorious last episode
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:25 pm

Firenze wrote:I don't think Sam was being badass. I mean he manned up a bit, but he was still cowardly.

I disagree completely, Sam is a fat guy who can't fight, can't even move fast, is afraid of heights and the cool thing is he knows all this and yet still goes on to help his brothers when he could've stayed safely in that room with Gilly. That makes him brave not a coward. He showed more balls than a real coward like Janos Slynt who used to be Lord Commander in King's Landing yet hid in that room for the whole battle.

It was great character development for Samwell Tarly.

Last edited by urbaNRoots on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:33 pm

Sure he could have hid in that room, that's why I said he manned up a little. He was still hiding and out of the way for the majority of the fight, like after that guy died, though it was probably traumatic for him. Just because he's fat isn't an excuse when all of his "brothers" are around him fighting for his and their lives. Every man counts and he wasn't pulling his weight IMO. I get that's his character though and was supposed to show development, I just wouldn't personally label it as badass.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 37 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25 ... 37  Next