Jonathan28
shinigami99
futbol
53 posters

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Luis Enrique - Page 19 Empty Re: Luis Enrique

Post by alexjanosik Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:21 pm

I will ignore the sly insult, you revisionist.
My criticisms have always been on point.
1) That the football for a lot of last season was average. That the football barring the 3 recent games this season has been downright pathetic.

2)That he doesnt trust the more talented youngsters instead preferring scrubs.
You only have to look at Deulofeu and Halilovic shining at other clubs to realize that Enrique's youth policy is retarded.
This will have a knockdown effect where talented youngsters will want to leave(case in point: Grimaldo is most probably out the door).

3) That I hate revisionism. People take swipes at Tata while claiming Enrique to be some sort of genius who saved us from Tata. Revisionism of the highest order. Conveniently forgetting that Tata didnt have Suarez and Neymar to bail him out when Messi was saving himself for the World Cup.
And the revisionism doesnt stop there. A lot of fans wanted Enrique out when we were struggling and lost to freaking Moyes. A certain person develops selective amnesia and facts are brushed under the rug.
Bottom line: Enrique had a major bust up with Messi and was one game from the sack. Xavi helped smooth things over and pretty much told Enrique that Messi is boss and he has to accept it. Messi and Suarez went GOAT mode and we end up winning the treble.
From then on Enrique has quietly acquiesced to be Messi's bitch and Messi has Enrique's balls in a vice.
And yet the revisionists like to pretend that none of this ever happened.
The revisionists also try to claim that it was Enrique who put Messi right and Suarez central when the cold hard fact is that it happened by dumb luck. The revisionist mentions the success with the B team and with us but conveniently fails to mention that Enrique flopped at Roma.

The revisionist wont debate these 3 points but will instead attack me personally.

I rate Enrique. I think he is a decent to good coach.I credit his rotation policy and he has clearly worked on the players fitness. But he aint a super coach and I maintain that plenty of coaches could have won the treble with the players Enrique has and with everything aligning like it did in the second half of last season.
To be a super coach, he has to win with a lesser squad or come up with a revolutionary style of playing. When I say revolutionary, I mean he has to advance the game like how Pep did.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:11 pm

to add to your argument, Messi was walking around more than ever (probably due to the World Cup), plus we had a stupid amount of injuries and scandals that year. Plus he didn't have Bravo and TerStegen, he had Valdes to start the season who was on goat mode, then ended up with PINTO for the rest of it.

Again, I do believe Lucho smokes Tata in every regard, but people act like Tata had it easy. Tata was with us in probably one of our roughest years in recent time (death of Tito, our President stepped down, the Neymar signing scandal came to light, the Messi tax issues and the world cup looming, the amount of injuries we had and the players honestly looked run down at that point).

I'm not defending Tata, but I don't like reading how people forget certain important variables when arguing up how well Lucho has been doing.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:46 pm

alexjanosik wrote:I will ignore the sly insult, you revisionist.
My criticisms have always been on point.
1) That the football for a lot of last season was average. That the football barring the 3 recent games this season has been downright pathetic.

2)That he doesnt trust the more talented youngsters instead preferring scrubs.
You only have to look at Deulofeu and Halilovic shining at other clubs to realize that Enrique's youth policy is retarded.
This will have a knockdown effect where talented youngsters will want to leave(case in point: Grimaldo is most probably out the door).

3) That I hate revisionism. People take swipes at Tata while claiming Enrique to be some sort of genius who saved us from Tata. Revisionism of the highest order. Conveniently forgetting that Tata didnt have Suarez and Neymar to bail him out when Messi was saving himself for the World Cup.
And the revisionism doesnt stop there. A lot of fans wanted Enrique out when we were struggling and lost to freaking Moyes. A certain person develops selective amnesia and facts are brushed under the rug.
Bottom line: Enrique had a major bust up with Messi and was one game from the sack. Xavi helped smooth things over and pretty much told Enrique that Messi is boss and he has to accept it. Messi and Suarez went GOAT mode and we end up winning the treble.
From then on Enrique has quietly acquiesced to be Messi's bitch and Messi has Enrique's balls in a vice.
And yet the revisionists like to pretend that none of this ever happened.
The revisionists also try to claim that it was Enrique who put Messi right and Suarez central when the cold hard fact is that it happened by dumb luck. The revisionist mentions the success with the B team and with us but conveniently fails to mention that Enrique flopped at Roma.

The revisionist wont debate these 3 points but will instead attack me personally.

I rate Enrique. I think he is a decent to good coach.I credit his rotation policy and he has clearly worked on the players fitness. But he aint a super coach and I maintain that plenty of coaches could have won the treble with the players Enrique has and with everything aligning like it did in the second half of last season.
To be a super coach, he has to win with a lesser squad or come up with a revolutionary style of playing. When I say revolutionary, I mean he has to advance the game like how Pep did.

Let me break it down in a shorter version so I get this right:

You think Enrique is out of of his depth:

- because the team which scored 30+ more goals in 2015 than the next best attacking team in Europe while maintaining the best defensive record in the 14/15 season and ending every single 2-legged CL knockout tie after 1 game (City was over after 2 away goals, PSG was over after 3 away goals, Bayern was over after 3-0 at home) and won 4 trophies, played "downright pathetic except 3 recent games".

- because Halilovic was sent on loan to develop

- because Messi was saving himself for the World Cup therefore "Tata = Enrique" because if Messi wasn't saving himself Tata would easily be a treble winner

- because Enrique had the balls to bench Messi

- because Messi dictates where he wants to play like ... he has done ... since forever

- because "Suarez went GOAT mode" and that's why the treble was won

- because Enrique had mediocre success at Roma in his first ever managerial job in a completely different football culture and where Roma have changed 7 coaches in the past 5 years

- because Enrique is not a super coach

And then you call other people "revisionists"?

Okay. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:53 pm

im telling you fanboys are the cancer of the this section

if one of msn doesn't get some unjustifiable amount of credit the rest get criticized
if we have a manager that isn't pep the rest are criticized
if we don't play the youth who suck the coach gets criticized
if we win everything but not in 80% possession tiki taka bullshit the coach gets criticized.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:17 am

Calm down folks.

This year is very interesting , as Enrique has responsibility to make sure that team do good post Treble hangover. That too with transfer ban. The way MSN is firing , we almost forgot that there was a ban and there is no xavi.
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:33 pm

Okay @alex.

How about enrique going GOAT mode without having messi for a period of bout 10 games this season? **Since u say tata didn't have an interested messi, hence he's problems ..

I remember messi and Neymar being the best strike force in europe at the time, without suarez and actually topping madrid before suarez's debut, winning 11 out of 12 games in the process.
**since u say our treble winning season is basically suarez's arrival and that he's the one that makes MSN thick..

But let me ask u these questions.

Do u really think any coach say benitez will win a treble with this team?
**since u say that enrique is an average to good coach

So, if enrique win a treble or at least a double this season, will it change your mind?
**since a scrub can't have that sustained amount of success especially by accident.

If suarez gets injured and barca keep winning, will it change your mind?
**since u and others like pirlo say that he's the primary reason why MSN play the way they do, infact pirlo even going as far as saying we're now suarez dependent.

So would these 3 factors change your mind if/should they happen?

Last edited by Bankz on Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:33 pm

Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:36 pm

Luis Enrique: "Lost control after 3 subs? I expected them to turn out differently. Could be my mistake, coach is responsible."

Munir was obvious change, but Mathieu and Roberto had no business being there.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:52 am

The Franchise wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:

1. If putting Messi on the wing was pure luck then thank goodness for such luck because it essentially made our entire season. Even dani had said long back that Messi would never be able to play on the wing again. Who could have possibly seen this coming?

I said that because defensively he gives you nothing going backwards and with Xavi and Iniesta in midfield, its impossible to cover.

But I obviously  did not forsee signing Rakitic and successfully sacrificing his game to defend that side of the pitch.

I understand dani. It makes good sense. My point was basically trying to highlight that the game of football is always open to new possibilities. What seems impossible today may not be so tomorrow. No one, not even Cruyff, can completely predict how things will develop as time goes on. Coaches must have the guts to experiment but they need to time these experiments carefully and realize when they are not working and give up on them. No matter how great a coach only a few of his experiments will actually work but the ones that do work in a big way can go so far as to shape the future. I have read on this forum that putting Messi on the wing wasn't a stroke of tactical genius but rather a stroke of luck. Well then sometimes luck rather than tactics can also define the future.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:58 am

The Franchise wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:He was totally alone.

The team was ruined by Cesc and had to accommodate the useless bastard anyway we could.

3 defenders, playing him as a forward, everything.

Then I recall too many injuries. Alexis first season, got injured, torn hamstring. Iniesta torn hamstring. Villa broken leg. Abidal liver transplant.

Hardly any pace in the team. Pedro being who he is, Alexis adjusting, Villa over 30.

Horrible season for a number of reasons.

Very fair points but I have one question.

As far as I have always gotten to know it's Pep who wanted to sign Fabregas. So Pep being as wise as he is, shouldn't he have realized beforehand that Cesc wouldn't fit into our team? For buying him firstly and then playing him even when it was to the demerit of the team, the blame will have to be placed on Pep shoulders.

Yes he should have, but I think he went back to his time as a former player and it impaired his judgement.

I think that he saw how the Barca players wanted Cesc back and he assisted in granting them his wish. Also I am sure he thought Cesc wouldnt struggle as he did. I dont know how much he actually watched Cesc.

If he was a stranger to Cesc, he may have paid more attention and and seen his failings.

Of course it was Pep's fault for that.

Yes perhaps which is why emotional decisions can prove costly in football. Also I do agree that Pep wouldn't have thought Cesc would struggle that much. Maybe no one would have thought that. From what I can recall of my own point of view at that time I was aware of Cesc's limitations especially in terms of off the ball movement and evading markers but I was still open to possibilities. I wasn't that sure it would be a complete failure. Maybe, just maybe, he could go back to being the player he was in UCL 2005-06 but now it's clear that the current Fabregas is nothing like what he used to be in his younger days. I remember you and I had discussed a long time back how the obsession with goals and assists has killed other qualities that his game previously had.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:29 pm

Barcelona have now scored 176 goals this year, a club record.

I think also the most wins in a calendar year.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:57 am

Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27f-8vWI64A

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:06 pm

What a boss Very Happy
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Luis Enrique - Page 19 Empty Time for Enrique to go end of this season

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:05 pm

Never thought I'd say this so early, as I personally do like Enrique, but the recent performances and a many performances and basically having watched most of our games this season, its clear that he cannot take us any further. Of course unless something dramatic happens and he changes drastically, but as optimistic as I can, I just dont see that happening.

Not sure if Enrique is solely to blame, such as for the poor (at least not good enough) signings, or incorporating them into the team, they just clearly have not worked. Compared our team's progress to many of the other big clubs around and see the new players and managers, its so clear we havent done good enough.

Today's game was coming in for a long time, sooner or later, and completely exposed our weaknesses. One may think there arent many teams able to put in a performance like PSG did today, but I dont buy that, especially when our team seem to lack the hunger and desire needed at this level of the season. Somethings thats clearly been a problem for us as well for a while now.

Anyway, u get the point, so do u think Enrique should go? Who should replace him in the summer?

Another issue is I think many said before, the other ppl who run Barca are just not doing a good enough job such as the ppl in charge of scouting and buying players, is there hope in that area for us to improve? Sad
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:10 pm

Long overdue IMO.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:42 am

Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:47 am

It''s a good point about not even LE trusting the reserves, after 3 years in charge of the team and having a say in transfers...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:46 pm

I don't like how Sampiolis teams defend, even though the are awesome going forward.
I don't like how Pochentinos teams attack, even though the are awesome defending. He wouldn't come here anyway.

So the options I keep reading are Koeman and Valverde. Not sure I am crazy about Koeman, so I'm kind of leaning with Valverde as my choice to take over.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:08 pm

As if Valverde is better than Enrique
If Enrique has no control over Messi, you think some nobody from Bilbao will be able to tell Messi what to do?

Stop blaming Lurcho when the responsibility is fully on Coachessi.

He decides when he shows up, and when he doesn't Barca can't win a loaf of bread as the rest of the team bar the front 3 and the 3 other oldies consists of cheap scrubs who were the only ones who fit into the wage bill with two thirds already proportioned
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:25 pm

If the Barcelona board had any sense they would start trying to lure Sarri away from Napoli. He is the coach that plays the closest to Cruyffs idealogy by far, even more so than Pep. Sampaoli's team is to open when they are caught in their transitions.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:30 pm

Barca + Sarri would be sexy... hope it doesnt happen Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:41 pm

rincon wrote:Barca + Sarri would be sexy... hope it doesnt happen Laughing

Napoli currently have the best mf in Europe for me. They create so many chances it's staggering.

People saying Gomes is crap need to be serious here. Gomes is talented but he isn't coached properly. The team doesn't know what to when they have the ball and just free style. No structure. Rakitic is actually the worst mf in Barcelona when it comes to technical ability.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:20 pm

Loool, not watch Napoli much and dont have an opinion, but just got raped by Real, who surely have the best midfield for a while now - Modric, Kroos, Casemiro only too.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:30 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:As if Valverde is better than Enrique
If Enrique has no control over Messi, you think some nobody from Bilbao will be able to tell Messi what to do?

Off course Valverde is better than Luis Enrique. Just look at his trajectory. He has triumphed everywhere, while Luis Enrique has been a mediocre coach before coming to Barça. Also, look how Athletic has dominated us several times, with a so much inferior team.

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:31 am

jibers wrote:

Napoli currently have the best mf in Europe for me. They create so many chances it's staggering.

People saying Gomes is crap need to be serious here. Gomes is talented but he isn't coached properly. The team doesn't know what to when they have the ball and just free style. No structure. Rakitic is actually the worst mf in Barcelona when it comes to technical ability.

You should be banned for life from a football forum. You know nothing.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:29 am

free_cat wrote:
jibers wrote:

You should be banned for life from a football forum. You know nothing.

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/the-match/60/post/3060600/mighty-midfield-overcomes-deficit-to-lead-real-madrid-to-win-over-napoli

Laughing Nothing new here, jibers always likes to act like he knows all and troll us Barca fans, I just laugh at it nowadays Laughing
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next