izzy
halamadrid2
Zealous
Onyx
8 posters

Go down

Valladolid vs Real Madrid discussion Empty Valladolid vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by Onyx Tue May 06, 2014 10:25 pm

Valladolid vs Real Madrid discussion 366Valladolid vs Real Madrid discussion 418

Valladolid vs Real Madrid discussion.

Wednesday 7th May.

H2H Past 2 League meetings:

Home: 30th November 2013 - Real Madrid 4-0 Valladolid

Home: 4th May 2013 - Real Madrid 4-3 Valladolid

Injuries/Suspensions:

Valladolid: Fausto.

Real Madrid: Arbeloa and Jese.

Valladolid last 3 league results:

Valladolid 1-0 Espanyol
Celta Vigo 4-1 Valladolid
Osasuna 0-0 Valladolid

Valladolid Current league position: 19th.

1. Atletico Madrid - 88 points
2. Barcelona - 85 points
3. Real Madrid - 83 points
4. Athletic Bilbao - 68 points
------------------------------------------
19. Valladolid - 35 points

Real Madrid players called up:

Goalkeepers: Casillas, Diego López and Jesús.
Defenders: Varane, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Coentrão, Marcelo and Nacho.
Midfielders: Khedira, Xabi Alonso, Casemiro, Modric, Di María, Isco and Illarra.
Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema and Morata.

Real Madrid predicted lineup:

---------------Casillas
---Carvajal--Pepe---Ramos---Coentrao
-------Modric--Alonso--Di Maria
-------Bale--------------Ronaldo
---------------Benzema

Ancelotti pre match:

The La Liga title is at stake in the three matches remaining for Real Madrid. The first of them is an away game with Valladolid and Carlo Ancelotti stated before the match: “It's a final. It's a decisive match for both teams. That's the attitude we have to have. The only chance we have of being La Liga champions is by winning all three matches. That's our goal. Atlético has the advantage, if they get four points, they win the league. Our goal is to win all three matches and see what happens”.

“Cristiano Ronaldo is fine. He's a little tired and only played part of the training session. He's available tomorrow and he'll play. Carvajal is not available as he has a niggle, neither is Bale, who picked up a knock in the match. The others are all available. Modric too, who didn't train yesterday. He trained well today and can play”.

The team's form
“I think it's good. We have players with extraordinary experience in title fights here. I see a team with a lot of character. But it can happen. After a semi-final you have a mental lull, but not a physical one. Physically I think the team was better than Valencia. But there was a lack of mental energy that we have recovered in recent days”.

Benzema's form
“I'm not worried because he scored a very important goal in the first leg of the semi-finals, and while he didn't score in the second leg he put in a great performance. I can't complain at all about the strikers this season. We've scored more than 150 goals. Everyone's work up front, including Cristiano's, who's scored 50 goals, is fantastic. Ronaldo scored a lot of goals because everyone else's work has been so good”.
PLAYING AGAINST A TEAM THAT IS FIGHTING FOR SAFETY WILL NOT BE EASY.
“Because of his game, Illarramendi is a player who can replace Alonso. He has the same type of game. He didn't play well against Valencia but that does not change anything in our preparations for the final. Khedira is getting better. He's available tomorrow and can play part of the match. If he doesn't play much tomorrow, on Thursday we'll have a quick game for him and Arbeloa”.

Chance of Barcelona beating Atlético
“I'm sure they'll go there to win. At the moment both teams are going to try and win. I've seen some surprising results this week. Levante, who have nothing to play for, played really well against Atlético. Also Valencia, who were not playing for anything, had a really good game against us. This is good for the consistency of the league. All the teams are in the fight right until the end and we are too”.

“I think everyone is professional. I think that Barcelona will play against Atlético and give their all. In all league competitions the final matches are played at the same time and I think the same will happen here”.

Possible meeting between Luis Enrique and Barcelona
“I don't think that will have any effect on things. These three points are in our hands and we have to win them. Tomorrow is an essential game because we know that if we don't win this match we lose the league. We are very focused and it will be different to the game against Valencia, where the energy was not as good. We've recovered and tomorrow we're going to give our all to win the game, because it's essential for winning the league, as is Saturday's game”.

“I don't see anything in particular. I think Barcelona could be on the lookout for a coach for next year. I don't know what Barcelona's plan for the future is. It could be that they have discussed their future and I don't think they've spoken about the game against Real Madrid”.

Win bonuses
“I don't understand it. I don't think the players need money to be professionals. It's not as bad as paying for losing a match, but because of the professionalism of the players, they don't need a bonus to be more professional. The player has to be professional for his own image, for that of the club and for that of football”.

Prediction:

Valladolid 0-2 Real Madrid

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Valladolid vs Real Madrid discussion Empty Re: Valladolid vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by Zealous Wed May 07, 2014 4:03 pm

Must win game if we're serious about the league.

If we do win then it will give us a lot of momentum and put the pressure on Atleti hmm
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Valladolid vs Real Madrid discussion Empty Re: Valladolid vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by Onyx Wed May 07, 2014 6:57 pm

Casillas; Nacho, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Coentrão; Xabi Alonso, Modric, Isco; Di María, Cristiano Ronaldo & Benzema.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 07, 2014 7:16 pm

Sergio Ramos will play his 400th game against Valladolid and he is the 19th player to play 400 games for Real Madrid.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed May 07, 2014 9:02 pm

what a potatoe field we are playing on ffs
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed May 07, 2014 9:52 pm

Ancelotti cops full blame.

Disgraceful mentality.

Coward.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by raulmadrid4vr Wed May 07, 2014 10:02 pm

We simply do not deserve to win the league after these 2 games. However, barca do not deserve to win it either. Hopefully Atletico win the title. If we win the CL I don't care about this.

But this is what happens when you sell your best striker (higuain) and your best attacking midfielder (ozil) and only build your team around cristiano. When cristiano gets injured, there is no plan b. Benzema has never been a good striker. Morata at best is a sub. Isco is ok but you can't rely on him to get goals. So who will score if cristiano is injured? Well the only other option is Bale but he did not play tonight so that is why it ended like it did.

And what the *bleep* was the point of playing casillas tonight? This could only hurt his confidence. He had nothing to gain by starting this 1 la liga game and everything to lose.

Last edited by raulmadrid4vr on Wed May 07, 2014 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
raulmadrid4vr
raulmadrid4vr
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 07, 2014 10:09 pm

Just playing tired guys (and obviously tired) because of injuries and lack of proper depth.  Carlo overplayed his starting XI after the new year and the subs had no confidence.  Not signing a CM killed the midfield.  Of course, we couldn't plan for Jese's injury.

Ran out of steam.  I mean Ronaldo left the game due to "muscle fatigue" and Di Maria looked slow.  That's all you need to know about the physical state of our better players.

Bale also gets injured way too often.

As far as Benz, he's been tired for 3-4 weeks.  But since either Ronaldo or Bale or Di Maria get injured/suspended, he's had to continue starting every game.  At least he's shown up big in the big games...  but he's tired and moreso than the other guys.  48 starts and 51 total appearances is way too many.  When Jese went down, Carlo needed to prepare Morata better and he didn't imo.  Bale being injured so often and Ronaldo being out most of April to go along with Jese's injury messed up any possible rotation.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 07, 2014 11:51 pm

Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti cut a frustrated figure in his post-match press conference, after his side were held to a draw away at Real Valladolid and their chances of winning La Liga, were all but extinguished.

Following the 1-1 draw at the José Zorilla on Wednesday night and giving his thoughts about the game, Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti felt his team took their foot off the gas and paid a heavy price, as their opponents fought their way back at the end.

“We lost control, but I don’t think it was due to any lack of attitude. Iker hasn’t had a save to make all game. I think the team did well, but in the end we made things difficult for ourselves. I think that we took too much of a step back defending and from a set-piece, we conceded the goal.”

Cristiano Ronaldo had to limp off after just eight minutes, whilst there was also concern for Ángel Di María at the end of the game. Ancelotti remains confident that both should be fine for the games to come, but admits their progress will have to be carefully monitored.

“I don’t think Cristiano has a major problem, but he wasn’t comfortable at all, so that’s why we made the change. Pepe has finished the game okay and I don’t think Di María has any serious problems, but we’ll have to see over the next few days.”

Asked if he could pinpoint why Real Madrid have failed to secure wins in their last two games, Ancelotti underlined a lack of mental energy, just the same as he did after last weekend’s draw against Valencia.

“A number of things have gone wrong over the last two games, especially with our mental energy. That’s what we’ve lacked most in the last two games.”

With concerns that Real Madrid are collapsing ahead of the most important challenge yet to come, the Champions League final, Ancelotti insisted that there’s plenty of time to have the team prepared, but admitted that the intensity of the action has somewhat knocked the wind out of their sails, since the semi-final thrashing they dealt Bayern Munich.

“We have plenty of days to prepare for the final, but I don’t see the team as being physically tired. After the semi-final, it’s not been easy to recover important energy, especially at this stage of the season.”

As for any hopes of winning La Liga, five points behind and with only six points left in play, Ancelotti acknowledged that there’s almost no chance now for his team and offered a frustrated response, when asked to choose who he’d prefer to clinch the title.

“It’s very difficult for us to win La Liga now, but it’s not yet mathematical. We must try to win our last two games, but it is going to be difficult and as for who’s favourite now, I really don’t care.”

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/107320/ancelotti-weve-lacked-mental-energy-in-our-last-two-games/

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed May 07, 2014 11:55 pm

mehn i thought illaramendi was good, i may have been wrong. dude's been crap last couple of games. benzema has been doing well, but i'm beginning to wonder if that is due to the presence of ronaldo and especially bale on the team, he looked totally lost out there today, totally lost
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 08, 2014 5:11 am

Illarra never works alongside Alonso, so not sure why Ancelotti keeps playing them together.

I guess he just wanted to see the game out and if that was the case then why not put Casemiro on?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 08, 2014 5:15 am

Ronaldo was substituted due to muscle fatigue and his injury isn't serious, according to AS.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckAndWin Fri May 09, 2014 6:27 am

Not expecting they would ended up with a draw, I just hope that Atletico Madrid and Barcelona could still retain their points, otherwise Real Madrid would fail to bring the silverware.
LuckAndWin
LuckAndWin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down