Thank you and Congratulations for a Wonderful Season Everyone

5 posters

Go down

Thank you and Congratulations for a Wonderful Season Everyone Empty Thank you and Congratulations for a Wonderful Season Everyone

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue May 06, 2014 7:16 pm

It's nearly here. I am writing it a few days in advance, because I'll be off to a long Nordic/Eastern European trip tomorrow, and may or may not be easier for my to write at that time. Despite the anti-climatic events of the last 10 days, this has been one of my greatest seasons in supporting Liverpool, and I really think our players, and manager and staff and ownership all deserve a round of applause for it.

I wasn't here during pre-season as I was suffering from my long ban due to my protest of Qatar winning the world cup win, so I wasn't here for all the Suarez drama, yet our brilliant season started from the moment Rodgers and FSG showed player power has no role in LFC. That was our very first step in becoming a top top club again. That showed ambition. I vividly remember watching our first game vs. Stoke, at a Subway restaurant in Warsaw because my dorm didn't have internet, ruing us not putting the game to bed, and then BAM. Penalty. O god, same story again. Same shit, different season. But this was different. That moment where the Big Mig saved Walters' penalty was foreshadow of what we are to expect from this season. No body expected our team to grow so much in such short period of time. I'd argue we've made more progress this year alone, than Arsenal have done in 8 seasons for example. When I think back to this season, 90% of my memories are positive. Those gritty 1-0s at start of the season (Remember we thought we are gonna have a boss defense Very Happy ) , then Sturridge averaging a goal a game, Suarez return with no sulking (Despite the predictions of GS GL experts), the debate about Gerrard-Lucas partnership, that mad game vs. Everton at Goodison, to Suarez' explosion in December, and then the wonderful 11 game winning run.

Guys, we probably won't win the league. Perhaps, the chances of Angela Merkel flying to North Korea and announcing her engagement with Kim Jong Un are higher than City losing one of their last 2 games. But we're talking about something brilliant here. The average age of our team is below 24. We are still very likely to become the most top scoring team in Premier League history (Need 5 vs. Newcastle). Our young players will learn from this title challenge, to challenge for the title with a squad of 14 players is nothing short of marvellous. If you were offered to go into the last game of the season with a mathematical chance of winning the league, you'd have taken it no doubt. Hell, if I made a thread on that last August on GD, all those Wums, and trolls would be saying it's impossible. Let them burn in schdenfreude. Tell you a lot when Arsenal fans are more excited at prospect of Samir Nasri winning another PL trophy, than their FA Cup final and chance to end their decade long trophy drought. You know you're good, when your rivals are obsessed with you. They prefer your failure to their own success. Unlike 2009, none of our top players are going to leave us this summer. We're finally back in the Champions League, and we'll show those POS English teams, how to compete there. Rodgers strikes me as a ruthless manager, who'll get rid of the weak links, and work on our plan A. The Plan A that has got us to second in the league. I love it. I love our attacking football. We've made a name for ourselves because of that. We'll work towards balance, add some quality to the squad and be back even stronger next season. Sometime in July, I will make a "2014-15 Season: The Race for the Quadraple" thread. We should be proud of this team. Give me a season like this, over the haggling at 6-8 place, dreaming of a top 4 trophy every single year.

And thank you to all your LFC posters here for your wonderful contribution this season. Our section was the most active of all this season. Be proud of this team, we'll comeback stronger. Meanwhile, grab a Corona, hit the beach and enjoy the summer. See you in pre-season (if not banned before Wink )

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Thank you and Congratulations for a Wonderful Season Everyone Empty Re: Thank you and Congratulations for a Wonderful Season Everyone

Post by BusterLfc Sat May 17, 2014 3:23 pm

So sad that this season came to an end Sad
I can't imagine my weekends without Liverpool playing, it was truly a remarkable season, enjoyed every bit of roller coaster we had this season, well, except the finish, but who expected us to be this close to winning the whole thing after coming 7th last season? I'm so proud of this team, I think we can only build up from here, and come even stronger next season! For me without a shred of doubt Henderson was the most important for our team this season, I simply love the guy, future captain <3.. Yeah I know that without Gerrard and Suarez it wouldn't be possible to come this long way, but I'm talking about the most IMPORTANT player for our system. If only he wasn't suspended for the most important games we could've been looking at a whole different scenario. Let's see what summer brings us and then WE GO AGAIN ! We aim for the gold next season!

Maybe we should summarize our last thoughts about this season in this thread?
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Thank you and Congratulations for a Wonderful Season Everyone Empty Re: Thank you and Congratulations for a Wonderful Season Everyone

Post by Art Morte Sun May 18, 2014 1:10 pm

BusterLfc wrote:

I think most of the stuff has been said in other threads already. And personally I feel exhausted to talk about the season any more  tongue 

Got my mind on our summer dealings and the World Cup now.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Mon May 19, 2014 8:10 pm

Art Morte wrote:
BusterLfc wrote:

I think most of the stuff has been said in other threads already. And personally I feel exhausted to talk about the season any more  tongue 

Got my mind on our summer dealings and the World Cup now.

Alright man, fair enough. Just had to post my thoughts as I didn't do it earlier in other threads.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri May 30, 2014 5:29 am

http://lfc.liverpoolecho.co.uk/index.html

FFS Liverpool echo, what a tribute.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:49 pm

It was a tough way for the season to end after everything that the team accomplished, but the negatives are not to be dwelled upon. This was a fantastic season for a resurgent club, and with the history, youth and new management I think that we're in the process of entering a new era of success at Anfield. I for one welcome the oncoming years. Smile
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down