Is this a high-tide moment for Liverpool?

+16
Robespierre
futbol
donttreadonred
Glory
Nishankly
Vibe
El Gunner
Art Morte
Red Alert
lszanto
RED
Lex
Onyx
DeletedUser#1
Mr Nick09
Swanhends
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is this a high-tide moment for Liverpool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this a high-tide moment for Liverpool?

Post by stevieg8 Sat 10 May 2014 - 18:14

urbaNRoots wrote:I agree with stevieg8.

Let's see how Liverpool manage the transfer window (not that it's the most important thing) now that they are in the CL. A new set of players will be available now, which Liverpool couldn't sign before... will Rodgers want to sign one or two big signings or will he continue trying to find these bargains? I don't know about that yet. But he'll have less restrictions in recruiting new players which can only be a good thing.

Precisely. Everything's smoke and mirrors at the moment. We've shown we have a good core of players and a good manager, and there aren't really any big names looking to leave at the moment, unlike last time we were in a title race (although that, like everything else, is subject to change). A few months from now we'll have a better picture, but even then... I mean, come on, how many people on this forum looked at our summer of transfers last year and said "Liverpool will be competing for the title next year"?

I can answer that: one. It was McAgger. 90% of the forum thought we'd struggle to finish 5th. Just goes to show you that trying to predict things is a crapshoot, even when we have all the information. When we have none of the relevant info? *bleep*, best of luck to you.

stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Is this a high-tide moment for Liverpool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this a high-tide moment for Liverpool?

Post by Curtinho Mon 12 May 2014 - 19:08

I don't see why people would think of Gerrard being replaced by someone better in the near future after the year he had. He was one of the best players in the PL this season -- kind of hard to top, and why would you want to right now? There are other positional needs with much more urgency and likelihood of finding someone better.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon 12 May 2014 - 19:12

El Cujo wrote:I don't see why people would think of Gerrard being replaced by someone better in the near future after the year he had. He was one of the best players in the PL this season -- kind of hard to top, and why would you want to right now? There are other positional needs with much more urgency and likelihood of finding someone better.

+1
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue 13 May 2014 - 12:20

El Cujo wrote:I don't see why people would think of Gerrard being replaced by someone better in the near future after the year he had. He was one of the best players in the PL this season -- kind of hard to top, and why would you want to right now? There are other positional needs with much more urgency and likelihood of finding someone better.

He's struggled to play 2 games a week for YEARS now and he's 34 next season. It's also a world cup year so he won't get THAT much of a break for next season.

He's also suspect defensively, and this'll actually get exploited more in Europe.

We need to sign someone that can play that role. Either to add competition/rotate with him, someone needs to be bought.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue 13 May 2014 - 13:32

Mulumbu :coffee:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2