fatman123
Abramovich
Katy Perry
lszanto
Shed
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

UCL · Semifinals · 2nd Leg - Chelsea vs Club Atlético de Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: UCL · Semifinals · 2nd Leg - Chelsea vs Club Atlético de Madrid

Post by Uncanny Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:34 pm

Damn

Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

UCL · Semifinals · 2nd Leg - Chelsea vs Club Atlético de Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: UCL · Semifinals · 2nd Leg - Chelsea vs Club Atlético de Madrid

Post by fatman123 Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:35 pm

fatman123 wrote: Defense hasn't looked as good as it did in the first leg or v Liverpool though

Oracle :bow:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:35 pm

I have a feeling Torres will be completely obsolete next half
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciprian Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:38 pm

Will be a very hard second half.
Ciprian
Ciprian
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Celtic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciprian Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:39 pm

Uncanny wrote:I have a feeling Torres will be completely obsolete next half

We need a fresh player there, like Demba Ba.
Ciprian
Ciprian
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Celtic

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:42 pm

I'm glad we conceded now instead of at the dying minutes. Hopefully we can go on to outscore them
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:55 pm

Eto'o coming on...
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:01 pm

Penalty Atleti

:facepalm:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:03 pm

2-1

Uphill battle now.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:09 pm

Ba on for Torres
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:14 pm

3-1

Game over
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:14 pm

It was nice to dream Sad
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:17 pm

Gutted.

Fair play to them though. They're a phenomenal side.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:18 pm

Agreed.
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:38 pm

FT: 1-3

Better than us all over the pitch and well, well deserved. Will be backing them in the final.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:41 pm

Great performance by Atletico and a great couple of saves by Courtois.

Shame about the result but hopefully with a better striker and Matic, we'd come back stronger next year. Good campaign though!
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:43 pm

Got what we deserved tbh, wasn't a fan of that starting line up.

Either way maybe a lesson learnt for next time with trying to go for an away goal.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Thu May 01, 2014 1:34 am

I'm gutted, I can't even sleep right now
Every time I become hopeful and believe in our chances in the CL it always ends like this. The only time we were succesful were when I didn't really trust our side (CL 2012) or when I didn't care that much (EL 2013) I guess I never learn Sad

What can I say about the match? It's easy to blame Mou right now for his tactics in the first leg or our team selection in this match, but would it be fair? I doubt that if we played more open in Madrid we would have scored, we wouldn't have kept a cleansheet for sure. We had a lot of ineligible midfielders so playing D. Luiz there was inevitable, we could have used different attacking players but imo Azpilicueta wasn't that bad when he played in a more advanced role, he even assisted Torres for his goal and besides, we just played a huge match at Anfield last sunday, I'd say Mou knew more than anyone else who was more ready.
I think we just weren't able to convert our spell of dominance in goals, we just weren't able to keep the lead, we just weren't able to react immediately after their goals, I wouldn't say we bottled it but we weren't able to cope with them tonight.

Congratulations to our players for our CL campaign so far and to Atlético as well.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu May 01, 2014 1:46 am

That equaliser, and its timing, killed us. The opening goal set us up perfectly on the night to force them to come forward and attack us to stay in it and we could sit back and break on them, and when it was cancelled out so soon and on the stroke of HT, it messed everything completely up. Second half they were just completely, far and away the better side all over and well, well deserved their win. Mourinho completely outdone by what's probably the closest thing we've seen to him, since him.

No complaints from me.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu May 01, 2014 3:03 am

Neil Ashton (fwiw...) says JT was not fully fit and played with a pain-killing injection in his ankle, and that contracts for both him and Frank will be announced by the club at the same time imminently.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Thu May 01, 2014 5:17 pm

I think for an unfinished/unbalanced team to reach this far in CL is a great achievement. Chelsea surprised many people.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Fri May 02, 2014 12:21 am

Well overall I think we should all realize that we got a pretty straightforward group stage, followed by galatasaray, and so on. I was a bit disappointed with our formation and starting ix, but either way atleti seemed built to face off any opposition with lots of energy.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aldrin_only Fri May 02, 2014 4:31 am

I am really not that surprised with the result. I'm actually more surprised that Torres scored a goal.

I really am not expecting the team to go to the finals this season, actually, I think we overachieved in the CL and the PL. Given that we're being plagued by injuries recently and we don't have a Striker that Mou wants.

We need to make sure that we get the right mix of people and bounce back next season.
aldrin_only
aldrin_only
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri May 02, 2014 8:55 am

Shame about the result.

I desperately wanted to win this game.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun May 04, 2014 5:25 pm

Just went 2-0 down at Levanté with 20 mins remaining...
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2