DeletedUser#1
Swanhends
VendettaRed07
Robespierre
El Chelsea Fuerte
33 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Pellegrini: Anti-football Chelsea don't deserve PL - Page 3 Empty Re: Pellegrini: Anti-football Chelsea don't deserve PL

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:49 pm

Looks like poo to me. All their games are boring...im sure the players tried, there is only so much the creative players they have can do with the boring and luckluster double pivot behind them and fullbacks who cant overlap..its not the players fault, but it dont look good.

Talking about Pellegrini himself is kinda pointless, that's not what thread is about.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pellegrini: Anti-football Chelsea don't deserve PL - Page 3 Empty Re: Pellegrini: Anti-football Chelsea don't deserve PL

Post by jibers Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:53 pm

The Franchise wrote:Looks like poo to me. All their games are boring...im sure the players tried, there is only so much the creative players they have can do with the boring and luckluster double pivot behind them and fullbacks who cant overlap..its not the players fault, but it dont look good.

Talking about Pellegrini himself is kinda pointless, that's not what thread is about.

Dani pls. Meh, I'm not that bothered about the football Laughing

Have you seen the dross we have played since Carlos Queiroz left? rofl

Attacking football is a meaningless tag. TBH I don't think I really enjoy any teams football in particular. I go into games watching them for what they are if that makes sense. At the end of the day, Pellegrini can't hide, he has the most expensive squad and he is on the verge of flopping.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:59 pm

To you its meaningless perhaps, your used to shit football Laughing

Some of us like to see our team play well and look good.

I get what your saying but your arguing against something which cant be changed.

There are two types of football fans, those who dont care how they win and just want to win...and those who believe its better to win playing good football.

Pellegrini is the latter, I am the latter, others are the latter.....many are not.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:05 pm

The Franchise wrote:To you its meaningless perhaps, your used to shit football Laughing

Some of us like to see our team play well and look good.

I get what your saying but your arguing against something which cant be changed.

There are two types of football fans, those who dont care how they win and just want to win...and those who believe its better to win playing good football.

Pellegrini is the latter, I am the latter, others are the latter.....many are not.

I'm not any, I am the third football fan who watches his team play suffering football.. VAGI

I am more i the category of playing to your strengths. Thats why I love the variety football offers.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:06 pm

Sounds like the first to me.

You want a team to play whichever way it takes to win, which is usually what they are best at.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:15 pm

The Franchise wrote:Sounds like the first to me.

You want a team to play whichever way it takes to win, which is usually what they are best at.

I think most people would prefer the latter but common sense has to be used. IF you don't have the players and you have a negative pos in charge, the wining will have to do. For example people hate the way Bayern play but I love it. I also love the way BVB play, variety. The games I do hate is when teams just don't want to attack at all, which Mourinhos doesn't do on the reg anyways. Although he did it against Barca in cl semis in 10/11 and he did it against us earlier this season. Don't let me get started on Moyes because we could be here for hours. I said we should have gotten Rodgers as a manager years ago and I was laughed at on redcafe, well...who's laughing now...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:21 pm

Which is why "big club" is important...because nearly all of them have the capacity to play whichever way they want.

It just comes down to in the end, the fans...you charge your fans money, you desire their support and so on...then you have to give them something in return.

Winning can be one, that's enough for many fans...not all though.

Mourinho is entitled to play how we wants, its his team...just is a shame to people like me that they play such bad looking football. I cant enjoy watching them like other big teams, because its dull and lifeless.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:39 pm

The Franchise wrote:Which is why "big club" is important...because nearly all of them have the capacity to play whichever way they want.

It just comes down to in the end, the fans...you charge your fans money, you desire their support and so on...then you have to give them something in return.

Mourinho is entitled to play how we wants, its his team...just is a shame to people like me that they play such bad looking football. I cant enjoy watching them like other big teams, because its dull and lifeless.

I do agree that big clubs should play on the front foot though. Which is why hiring Moyes was counter intuitive.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:47 pm

I still didnt think Moyes would be bad like this though. I assumed they would at least be top 4.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:25 pm

The Franchise wrote:I still didnt think Moyes would be bad like this though. I assumed they would at least be top 4.

If he had kept the coaching staff yes, but when you have that slippery eyed Phil Neville coaching players you know you are in trouble.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:23 pm

Loool! ffs this guy... i'll to ignore though.

I agree with Dani of cos, I think its natural for most ppl to like the latter. Sometimes I also admire in some games that the underdogs playing anti football in order to cause a surprise result, but if a team plays that way consistently its boring over the long term, much better to playing excciting attacking football, or at least a mixture.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:37 pm

The Franchise wrote:Which is why "big club" is important...because nearly all of them have the capacity to play whichever way they want.

Blue Barrett wrote:I've come to the conclusion that most of the people in this thread don't watch Chelsea play. If Liverpool or City, with the amount of chances they've created for their goals this season missed maybe one third of the chances they've converted, I'm sure GL members would call them "boring" too as they would have each scored 20 less goals.

I don't know how to stress this. We create chance after chance each game and MISS goals for fun. We usually need 5 or more chances created/missed on average to be able to score one goal. Its quite frustrating but we've had to deal with it.

Pretty sure if someone could pull up the stats, we probably have twice the amount of chances missed than Liverpool and City combined. Absolutely atrocious finishing that sometimes infects the AMs as well.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:38 pm

Basically, what you lot are saying is that scoring a lot of goals = attacking football.

In that case, I guess we don't play "attacking football" by default.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:44 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:Basically, what you lot are saying is that scoring a lot of goals = attacking football.

Regarding your claim that the only reason Chelsea aren't classified as attacking team, because they don't score goals and LFC and Man City do, I am sorry to say, despite scoring 93 goals in the league this season, we've had the most number of wood works hit as well (22). Not sure, you've hit the post as much as us Laughing

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:08 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:Basically, what you lot are saying is that scoring a lot of goals = attacking football.

Regarding your claim that the only reason Chelsea aren't classified as attacking team, because they don't score goals and LFC and Man City do, I am sorry to say, despite scoring 93 goals in the league this season, we've had the most number of wood works hit as well (22). Not sure, you've hit the post as much as us Laughing
At least you hit the post as well. Pretty sure we have the most number of row Z shots among the top half teams rofl
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:40 am

if i were him i would focus on my own team

scrub is dropping points soo quickly

thats why u never diss mou, it always backfires dumbgrini

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:04 am

http://www.squawka.com/football-team-rankings#chances-created#team-stats#english-barclays-premier-league|season-2013/2014#0#90#any#any#season#1#all-matches#total#desc#total

Stop talking out of your arse with this Chelsea creates the most chances.

City 449
Chelsea 433
Liverpool  423

Edit also add

http://www.squawka.com/football-team-rankings#shot-accuracy#team-stats#english-barclays-premier-league|season-2013/2014#0#90#any#any#season#1#all-matches#total#desc#total

Shot accuracy

City 46%
Chelsea 45%
Liverpool 50%
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:17 am

^ to be fair, that site has Newcastle as the side wit h4th number of chances, so I THINK their whole measurement is rubbish Laughing

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:22 am

it's a better indication than someones assumption.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:44 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Loool! ffs this guy... i'll to ignore though.

I agree with Dani of cos, I think its natural for most ppl to like the latter. Sometimes I also admire in some games that the underdogs playing anti football in order to cause a surprise result, but if a team plays that way consistently its boring over the long term, much better to playing excciting attacking football, or at least a mixture.

And what did I say wrong? Please elaborate using LOGIC, that is if you are capable...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:48 pm

No, I said you play boring football. When I watch your games, they are terrible, your performances are not entertaining.

Why is this not ok? Why cant I just think you play boring football?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:53 pm

The Franchise wrote:

No, I said you play boring football. When I watch your games, they are terrible, your performances are not entertaining.

Dani finally supporting Real Madrid Proud

I agree, chelsea have never really been that pleasing on the eye tbh. They lack a certain aesthetic value when you watch them but I love the way they strangle teams Just like I love the way Bayern dominate the opposition Proud

The truth is Dani wanted Mou to be Barcelonas manager, admit it bro :poud:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:59 pm

Cleary JD is giddy from having won something, so rare for Madrid these days who can blame his over-excitement?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:03 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:^ to be fair, that site has Newcastle as the side wit h4th number of chances, so I THINK their whole measurement is rubbish Laughing

That's because we constantly shoot from 30 yards.... according to the stat man = a chance Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:50 pm

mr-r34 wrote:

http://www.squawka.com/football-team-rankings#chances-created#team-stats#english-barclays-premier-league|season-2013/2014#0#90#any#any#season#1#all-matches#total#desc#total

Stop talking out of your arse with this Chelsea creates the most chances.

City 449
Chelsea 433
Liverpool  423

Edit also add

http://www.squawka.com/football-team-rankings#shot-accuracy#team-stats#english-barclays-premier-league|season-2013/2014#0#90#any#any#season#1#all-matches#total#desc#total

Shot accuracy

City 46%
Chelsea 45%
Liverpool  50%
Did you even read my earlier post at all? Laughing Not sure what you're driving at here.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:51 pm

The Franchise wrote:

Never said its not okay to think so.

I'm also allowed to think your perception of "entertaining football" is skewed.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next