FalcaoPunch
Valkyrja
terrance511
Cyborg
Onyx
27 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Champions League: Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Champions League: Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich discussion

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:28 pm

Gomez is slow as well and he molested us. Mandzukic being slow will not be a problem for them

Bayern played a highline vs Dortmund, they won't do it against us, they know how easy schalke made it for us by playing a high line.

are you telling me Gotze/Schweinsteiger/Kroos will not attempt a simple ball that will cut our midfield and defence in half like Barca always do, Robben will have fun running onto those. The only way it fould work is if we keep the attack, midfield and defence really close to eachother. This would mean the front three sacrifice their stamina by running up and down like gazelles. Can't see that happening unfortunately

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Champions League: Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Champions League: Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich discussion

Post by Onyx Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:07 pm

Would be surprised if Bayern didn't play a highline against us when they have in every game I've watched them this season.

If we ever want a successful pressing system, then everyone has to work hard, close down and track back consistently.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:18 pm

We actually pressed extremely well in the first half in the Copa final. Pressing for 90 minutes is a ridiculous and stupid tactic anyway I believe we should only do it in the first quarter of the game and again towards the end depending on the score.

So with that in mind I would start with our usual 4-3-3 and really try to get at them offensively. Put them on the back foot and force them to react hopefully we'll be able to score a goal in this period of time.

In the second half I would switch back a 4-4-2 and counter them. Keep it tight and make sure to punish them when they eventually start playing a high line.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:21 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Would be surprised if Bayern didn't play a highline against us when they have in every game I've watched them this season.

If we ever want a successful pressing system, then everyone has to work hard, close down and track back consistently.

This actually makes Bayern's job much easier.

Lahm and Alaba will not be willing to gamble, they won't push up if Bale or Ronaldo are in the spaces behind them. If they won't push up why do you want our guys to track back and let them attack us? That just puts the pressure on us and gives their players confidence.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:56 pm

Depends though. In some games Lahm and Alaba come inside and Robben/Ribery stay out wide, other games the fullbacks overlap.

Either way I think to be fully solid defensively, we should always have 2 banks of 4 when defending.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:36 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Depends though. In some games Lahm and Alaba come inside and Robben/Ribery stay out wide, other games the fullbacks overlap.

Either way I think to be fully solid defensively, we should always have 2 banks of 4 when defending.

Good point. I agree about the 2 banks of 4 part too, I just don't think Ronaldo should be a part of that, he is of more value on the offensive end.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:37 pm

Even if he tried to I don't think he would pull it off and I agree he would be much more useful for us if he stayed in their half

I don't think people realized but when we attacked vs Barca we actually played a 4-3-3 but we scored so early and decided to absorb pressure which made our formation look like a 4-4-2 because Barca were usually in posession

Bale is probably going to play the role DiMaria did and DiMaria the role Isco did. I haven't liked the lazy tracking back from Bale on his side, last time we got scored on so easily by Iniesta when Bale failed to track back. Here is hoping he has the match of his life
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:06 pm

If our pressing is good, then we'll pin Bayern down inside their own half/middle third and they won't get near our box. Similar to what Dortmund did.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:08 am

Sadly, none of our opinions matter.

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:00 pm

Carlo has hinted that Ronaldo won't start on Wednesday to not risk him for the more important game next week

So we will probably see the exact same line up as the Copa final
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:26 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Carlo has hinted that Ronaldo won't start on Wednesday to not risk him for the more important game next week

If I had to choose one game where I wanted Cristiano I'd choose the away game because that's the game where we need to score as many goals as possible.

Having said that CR's best performances for Madrid have been at the Bernabeu.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:36 pm

Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale have trained on Tuesday morning, with both thought to be fit for Wednesday’s Champions League semi-final.

The Portugal international has been out for the last three weeks with a knee complaint and a slight muscle injury.

But the Ballon d’Or winner has completed a second successive session, and is expected to start against Bayern Munich at Santiago Bernabeu later this week.

Bale meanwhile, also took a full part in Tuesday’s training after he sat out Monday with a bout of flu.

The Wales international is also expected to be a part of the European Cup clash against the Bavarian outfit.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:39 pm

Zealous wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:Carlo has hinted that Ronaldo won't start on Wednesday to not risk him for the more important game next week

If I had to choose one game where I wanted Cristiano I'd choose the away game because that's the game where we need to score as many goals as possible.

Having said that CR's best performances for Madrid have been at the Bernabeu.

Agreed but at the same time we need to score as many goals as possible in the first leg and concede as few as possible. Without Ronaldo to score our goals we might end up regretting not starting him

that said I wouldn't be surprised if Carlo went all Italian and aimed for a 0-0 draw which is suicide because we can never keep cleansheets it seems
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:18 pm

Real Madrid trio, Sergio Ramos, Xabi Alonso and Asier Illarramendi will need to be on their best behaviour in the 1st leg of their Champions League semi-final against Bayern Munich as the three Spaniards are just one yellow card from being banned for the return leg in Munich on the 29th of April.

Ramos and Alonso have been vital to the success of Carlo Ancelotti’s squad and would force the Italian to alter his squad, which may upset the dynamics.

This is especially true in Alonso’s case, where his back-up, Asier Illarramendi is also one yellow away from being banned leaving only young, inexperienced Brazilian Casemiro to fill the role, whereas Ramos could be replaced with fully fit Raphael Varane.

However, Bayern Munich striker, Mario Madzukic is also one yellow from being banned for the return leg, which would have a far more devastating effect to Pep Guardiola’s side than the loss of Ramos or Alonso, considering the Croatian international is the German Bundesliga’s top scorer with 18 goals this season.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:23 pm

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Casillas, Diego López y Jesús Fernández.
Defenders: Varane, Pepe, Ramos, Coentrão, Marcelo, Carvajal y Nacho.
Midfielders: Bale, Xabi Alonso, Casemiro, Modric, Di María, Isco e Illarra.
Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema y Morata.

Carlo Ancelotti appeared, together with Xabi Alonso, in the Ciudad Real Madrid press room the day before the match against Bayern. The Whites' manager had the following to say about the semi-final clash: “Xabi Alonso knows these fans better than I do. The atmosphere we had in Valencia was very good and unforgettable. It was key and it will certainly be so against Bayern too".

“Our game and quality have improved with time. We are in an important semi-final and we are more driven than anyone to win this competition, that is an advantage and a great motivation for us, not an obsession”.

“We are not going to try and stop the opposition from playing, we will try and use our quality to win. Balance, as always is fundamental, and we have to be compact everywhere on the pitch”.

Bayern: a historic rival
“We are only thinking about the match. They may be a nemesis for Madrid, but not for me. I am confident in my team and in my players. We are not only thinking about Ribery, we're thinking about the team as a whole. Despite everything, we are focusing on our own team. This is the most important thing for coping with the pressure”.

“I'M SURE WE'LL SEE A STRONG REAL MADRID AND IT WILL BE A GOOD TEAM”.
“We're playing against a very strong team. It does not matter if people think we're not the favourites. We'll do the best possible and the best side will win. My goal is to play in the final. We have to fight hard against a tough team, but reaching four semi-finals in a row is not bad”.

How he motivates his squad
“For certain matches it is best not to say anything because you can see that the team is focused and knows what it has to do. Before the match against Barcelona in the final of the Copa I could see the team was very driven and I said nothing to them. Tomorrow I don't expect to have to say anything either and hopefully it will end just as well. They are all motivated, but this is a tie that will not be decided tomorrow. The decider is on Tuesday”.

Cristiano Ronaldo's participation
“He had an injury, he's had treatment and seen the club's doctors. He's been training for three days and with the whole team since yesterday. Today he felt good and tomorrow we'll give him a test. If he is well he'll play, but if there is a risk of regression he won't”.

Bale and his winner in the cup
“He's fine, feeling confident after the goal. At first he may have had a problem, but he's comfortable and fine with everyone. He is having a good season and I think he will be even better next season. He is lucky that he is not playing in the World Cup and we are delighted with him this season”.

Benzema and his impact on the game
“I have never asked a striker to score. Karim is playing very well for the team and he really helps going forward. He has to carry on that way because we are all happy with his work”.

Isco's work
“Taking someone out to leave space for Cristiano Ronaldo is not easy because everyone is doing a good job. Isco demonstrated that he can make a difference in defence and attack to help the team. We have to think that Cristiano's presence gives us more options in the match. Casemiro has barely played, but when he came on against Dortmund he made a big difference”.

The recovery of Marcelo and Khedira
“Marcelo is not 100%, but he'll be on the bench. Coentrão will start. Khedira has started training with the team and he feels great. His recovery is going well and he has worked very hard. I'm sure he'll play before the end of the season”.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:23 pm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:43 pm

Casillas; Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Coentrão; Modric, Xabi Alonso, Isco; Di María, Benzema, Cristiano Ronaldo

Neuer; Rafinha, Dante, Boateng, Alaba; Lahm, Kroos, Schweinsteiger; Ribéry, Mandzukić, Robben.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:13 pm

Shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet I'm nervous.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:16 pm

Scared stiff. #saveusCR
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:49 pm

Hala Madrid.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:50 pm

Carvajal Molenation

Pocketed the 3rd best player in the world and his boy toy Alaba Molenation

Now please leave MDS alone Sad
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:50 pm

Damn i really hoped we didn't miss those couple of chances..
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:03 pm

I am happy the way we defended as a team. Yes. I think RM should have scored 1-2 goals more. But we got the result we need i.e. Score but not to concede an away goal to Bayern. Although some people may not have liked the style of play, but it was the right thing todo tonight. We shall reserve the expansive style for another day - hopefully in the second leg and the final.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:12 pm

If we score in Munich then Bayern will need to score 3 goals.

I'm actually sort of happy we "only" have a 1 goal lead. It means we'll stay focused and keep things tight.

Just need to score that away goal now and it should be the top priority.

We need a game like the Calma clasico.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:29 pm

Carlo Ancelotti had no complaints after Real Madrid’s 1-0 Champions League first-leg win over Bayern Munich.

Karim Benzema’s first-half goal gave Madrid victory while a resolute defensive performance ensured a clean sheet with the second-leg to come in Munich next week.

“I’m happy with everything, with the result and the performance of the players because the game was difficult,” AS reports Ancelotti as saying after the match.

“We were timid at first and while we had difficulties in the second-half we had more control of the game. We defended but we have done very good things.

“It was essential to work together. Fabio Coentrao had the help of Isco and Dani Carvajal had Angel Di Maria. You need this in a semi-final.

“We were more comfortable defending in 4-4-2 against teams that have a lot more of the ball.

“Our defending was good and we did well with Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale at 50%.

“It’s not easy to be as good as Cristiano was. He wanted to play and he played well.

“The game there will be very difficult and we have to play with the desire and confidence of today. I don’t know what will happen but I’m confident.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:29 pm

BBC back and Di Maria in midfield next week.

I believe in Carlo Dent Molenation
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next