Kick
El Chelsea Fuerte
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Soul
Shed
10 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

UCL · Quarterfinals · First Leg - Paris Saint-Germain vs Chelsea Empty UCL · Quarterfinals · First Leg - Paris Saint-Germain vs Chelsea

Post by Shed Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:11 am

UCL · Quarterfinals · First Leg - Paris Saint-Germain vs Chelsea Tumblr_n2yglkCzcn1ruhh4yo1_1280

Chelsea will travel to the French capital of Paris to contest the first leg of the UEFA Champions
League Quarterfinals against Ligue 1 leaders Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday, April 2nd

UCL · Quarterfinals · First Leg - Paris Saint-Germain vs Chelsea Tumblr_n2wdd9sO6D1ruhh4yo1_1280

The first leg of the quarterfinals of the 2014 UEFA Champions League sees Premier League-leaders Chelsea take on Ligue 1-leaders Paris Saint-Germain at the Parc des Princes in Paris, France on Wednesday the Second of April. Both sides will be coming into this match with their eyes likely firmly fixed on a specific objective. For the visitors, José Mourinho will doubtless, true to protocol, be aiming for an away goal and to avoid a loss. Such has been the Portuguese's strategic mainstay in this competition's knockout stages throughout his career. Indeed, the Blues' Round of 16 tie against Turkish outfit Galatasary a few weeks previous was one that saw the away leg produce a score-draw, before the Londoners won out back at home in the second leg to advance. The same will almost assuredly be the case in this tie as well, with Mourinho invariably believing a draw at the very least, with an away goal or more, will be enough to position his side with the best possible chance at advancing, and set them up superbly for the second leg to do the business back in London. The Parisians, alternatively, will undoubtedly be aiming for a decisive win here. The capital club's manager, Laurent Blanc, will surely have Chelsea's supreme form and record at Stamford Bridge under José Mourinho in the back of his mind even before the home leg, and will be aware conceding a positive result to their visitors on Wednesday evening could spell trouble for the inexperienced side going into the away leg.

UCL · Quarterfinals · First Leg - Paris Saint-Germain vs Chelsea 2076351_w1

Both sides got to this stage by overcoming relatively favourable draws in their Round of 16 ties....

UCL · Quarterfinals · First Leg - Paris Saint-Germain vs Chelsea 845169075

UCL · Quarterfinals · First Leg - Paris Saint-Germain vs Chelsea SpitefulInsistentBassethound

PSG triumphed over German side Bayer Leverkusen 6-1 on aggregate, including a 4-0 thumping in the Bundesliga outfit's backyard in Gameweek 1, which included a first PSG goal from former Premier League midfielder Yohan Cabaye and an absolute wondergoal from Zlatan Ibrahimović.

UCL · Quarterfinals · First Leg - Paris Saint-Germain vs Chelsea 844347694

UCL · Quarterfinals · First Leg - Paris Saint-Germain vs Chelsea 845169506
UCL · Quarterfinals · First Leg - Paris Saint-Germain vs Chelsea 845169668

Chelsea, conversely, made a bit of a tougher time of their own knockout round tie, though got through just the same in the end. A 1-1 draw in Istanbul, while not a horrible result against a side whose home record reads very much like that of José Mourinho's at Chelsea, would still have had the Turks feeling confident ahead of the second leg. That turned out not to be the case at all, however, and Chelsea brushed aside their woeful visitors on the night 2-0, yielding a 3-1 aggregate scoreline over both legs.

UCL · Quarterfinals · First Leg - Paris Saint-Germain vs Chelsea Tumblr_n34195RPAG1ruhh4yo1_1280

A statistical analysis of the sides' respective Champions League campaigns hitherto.

A nice compilation preview of the match here by Feroze.

UCL · Quarterfinals · First Leg - Paris Saint-Germain vs Chelsea Tumblr_n38jp4XRwY1ruhh4yo1_1280

Paris boss Laurent Blanc had some pointed words for his visiting counterpart this past week in the lead up to Wednesday's affair, vowing not to be pulled into the Portuguese's 'mind games' and saying that the decorated boss, while being someone he admired, always operates in a set, and strategic, way in his pre-game media dealings; "I will not play this game. It is my choice," said the former France manager. "Mourinho is going to talk, to comment, it's the way he operates. He said PSG are the favourites – when he says something it's always premeditated. I don't think like him. We have the same chances as Chelsea. We're going to have to play a great game against a great team and a great coach. He is one of the greatest. I say so because I think so." — (quotes via The Guardian)

UCL · Quarterfinals · First Leg - Paris Saint-Germain vs Chelsea Tumblr_n38ijyDeTa1ruhh4yo1_1280

Chelsea look likely to be without striker Samuel Eto'o after the Cameroonian picked up an injury early into the Blues' 6-0 annihilation of Arsenal a week and a half earlier, but otherwise have no injury concerns.

UCL · Quarterfinals · First Leg - Paris Saint-Germain vs Chelsea Tumblr_n340oatqda1ruhh4yo1_1280

The match kicks off at 1945 BST

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

UCL · Quarterfinals · First Leg - Paris Saint-Germain vs Chelsea Empty Re: UCL · Quarterfinals · First Leg - Paris Saint-Germain vs Chelsea

Post by Soul Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:23 pm

Great preview as always Shed.

I'm thinking that we'll just nick it but I'm pretty sure we won't be going home with a clean sheet.
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

UCL · Quarterfinals · First Leg - Paris Saint-Germain vs Chelsea Empty Re: UCL · Quarterfinals · First Leg - Paris Saint-Germain vs Chelsea

Post by Rebelles.REUS.rex Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:00 pm

The difference in conversion rate Laughing 
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rebelles.REUS.rex
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:33 pm

Soul wrote:Great preview as always Shed.

I'm thinking that we'll just nick it but I'm pretty sure we won't be going home with a clean sheet.

Thanks Souly.

I think so too. Our mob always always play to the level of the opposition so I wouldn't expect a shit on a stick performance in these 2 legs like we saw horrifically on display yesterday, and I think PSG's style of play - though granted I don't watch them regularly - will play into Mourinho's hands perfectly. Nevertheless, these are a fantastic side and it will be tough any way things pan out. By no means cut and dry for either side.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:31 pm

We'll walk them over two legs. I'm confident as ever.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:53 pm

You, confident?! You don't sayyy...

Laughing
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:07 pm

You, pessimistic?! You don't sayyy...

Laughing

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:33 pm

Erm, did I not say I think we'd go through? scratch

#learntoread :coffee:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:41 pm

You're still on average pessimistic.

#canthandlethetruth

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:53 pm

BTW what is the point of hashtags? Stupidest thing ever invented. Thanks Twitter

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:01 pm

El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:You're still on average pessimistic.

#canthandlethetruth

When the 'truth' (i.e the reality of things) is turning out to be exactly what I've been saying on here all along, how is it pessimism?

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:34 pm

Shed wrote:
El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:You're still on average pessimistic.

#canthandlethetruth

When the 'truth' (i.e the reality of things) is turning out to be exactly what I've been saying on here all along, how is it pessimism?

So you just admitted that you're pessimistic. Guilty conscious.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:48 pm

We always knew you were a useless poster Fuerts, but turns out you aren't even a good WUM either UCL · Quarterfinals · First Leg - Paris Saint-Germain vs Chelsea 60
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:57 pm

Shed wrote:We always knew you were a useless poster Fuerts, but turns out you aren't even a good WUM either UCL · Quarterfinals · First Leg - Paris Saint-Germain vs Chelsea 60

Since when did you become 'we' ? hmm

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:07 pm

I'm speaking about the boards as a whole. I hate to break it you mate, but this whole forum has your number.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:09 pm

Shed wrote:I'm speaking about the boards as a whole.

Exactly. You don't have the authority to do that. Kick is the mod and thus the boss and thus the only one who can represent the board. You're quite insignificant.  banana 

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:16 pm

Kick can't force forum members what to think. The entire board hates you, lad. Just take it on the chin and move on. Everything'll be okay, really.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:49 pm

Shed wrote:Kick can't force forum members what to think.

So basically you're boasting that you're a dictator hmm

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:04 pm

I shall no longer abet you in polluting MY matchday thread with your nonsensical idiocy UCL · Quarterfinals · First Leg - Paris Saint-Germain vs Chelsea 2276801876

Be gone, vile bugUCL · Quarterfinals · First Leg - Paris Saint-Germain vs Chelsea Fly_swatter-2109
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:08 pm

Tch, tch as soon as you realize Team Shed might start losing its appeal because of the bully image you have promoted of yourself based on today's statements, you back down

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:24 pm

This thread was created for the purpose of discussing this midweek's Champions League match, not as an outlet for your winding up fetish.

Bugger off UCL · Quarterfinals · First Leg - Paris Saint-Germain vs Chelsea 2276801876
-
Or I shall have no choice but to take the matter to one of our esteemed mods :coffee:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:35 pm

You started it:

Shed wrote:You, confident?! You don't sayyy...

Laughing

:brickwall: 

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:52 pm

A light-hearted jab or 2 made in jest is very much the norm on these boards, as you'll find is universally the case. A page or two of it is reserved for a special kind of wum.

Congrats, you fit into the second category perfectly smoking
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:55 pm

Shed stahp going off-topic again.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:03 pm

^ Continual thread derailment :coffee:

The matter has been taken to a higher power and is currently pending under the authority of Chelsea Section Moderator Kick E. Mars :coffee:

Pack your bags, bucko. You're outta here :coffee:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next