RED
izzy
Kick
Busby Babe
S
77 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Manchester United 1 - 1 Bayern Munich - Page 12 Empty Re: Manchester United 1 - 1 Bayern Munich

Post by cyberman Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:17 pm

Oh and *bleep* spell correct lol

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Manchester United 1 - 1 Bayern Munich - Page 12 Empty Re: Manchester United 1 - 1 Bayern Munich

Post by mr-r34 Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:20 pm

RedOranje wrote:
jibers wrote:
RedOranje wrote:

That's a fair point, honestly.

Also, you slipped up a wee bit.

Yea. Also meant to write it wasn't About central mf. You can always tell the people that don't understand football. Said to all my mates that I don't expect a high scoring game. In the league, united ha to attack and are the proactive side, which Moyes is not. The cl suits him far better because he can be as reactive as he wants, just like we were under SAF in the cl. Bayern will win the game, but I won't be surprised if it's a higher score because we actually have to score now.

Again.

I'm beginning to doubt whether you're actually a Liverpool supporter, you know.  Suspect 

Is this whole process not considered trolling?
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:09 pm

Fellaini's attempts of trying to mimick a professional footballer and failing badly recieved a much wider audience last night, and they all gave their verdict:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2594979/Marouane-Fellaini-poor-against-Bayern-wasnt-given-rating.html

They guy was badly exposed last night. Nowhere near the required level.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:12 pm

Fellaini is a good example of a typical overrated/overpriced premier league player.

30 million pounds,good lord.So Caroll-esque.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:20 pm

S wrote:Fellaini is a good example of a typical overrated/overpriced premier league player.

martinez laughing all the way to the bank
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:51 pm

Agent Pep at it. Possession is better than scoring, after all. Good on you Bayern, good on you, won the possession battle!
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:13 pm

Suarez99 wrote:
sree999 wrote:Why you English clubs play like this ? . Watch barca athletic look at the style technic movement ball control . Look at the manure match utter boring .                                          bayern are experiencing how difficult its to win cl back to back .The mouthrinho di matteo inter chav medrid 9-0-1 guriella tactics cannot be answered by posession football .

you need to give some possesion to chav and moyes teams and try to hit them very fast on transitions .bayern was better set up for this with manzukic but pep didnt use him well.        All the anti bayern fans aka arse chav and  bus parkers would have enjoyed this draw .              

Although grammar is very poor in this post I totally agree.

Year after year in the CL English teams, on the big night, refuse to do anything other than sit back and "try an nick one" as they say.

Do they have zero confidence in their players as an attacking force?
What do you want Moyes and United to do? Bomb forward with the combined star power of Fellaini, Ashley Young and Valencia so Bayern can steal the ball off them and have Ribery or Robben running 1 on 1 against Buttner and Jones? Or do you not remember what happened to Barcelona last year when they tried playing all out attacking football vs Bayern?

I'm all for taking the piss out of United, but come on now...
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:55 pm

Arjen Robben claims Manchester United defended like a handball team during their 1-1 draw with Bayern Munich on Tuesday evening.

The Premier League champions surprised many at Old Trafford by holding the reigning European champions to a draw, with Nemanja Vidic's header having been cancelled out by a Bastian Schweinsteiger strike.

espite dominating possession and playing the majority of the match in the United half, Bayern struggled to create enough clear chances to claim the away win expected of them.

But Robben insists the result should not be a surprise, given United's defensive approach to the match.

"It was not easy, as our opponents didn't leave any gaps," he told the German press.

"We wanted to play football but they tried to stop us. The English were just playing on the counter and have played very defensively, it was almost like in handball.

"But when you go a goal down you have to be pleased with a draw. 1-1 is a very good result that we can take home with us and then we just have to finish it off next week."

Team-mate Toni Kroos added: "It was difficult: we were dominant all the time. It's very difficult to play against a team that consistently has all its players around their own penalty area."

But club captain Philipp Lahm remains confident Bayern will see off United at the Allianz Arena in the second leg. "We wanted to win here, but if you come back from 1-0 down you can be satisfied," he insisted.

"It puts us in a good starting position."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Suarez99 Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:00 pm

@Lex

Im not specifically just talking about Man U last night. Im talking about all English teams in the CL in general.

They spend more than any league in the world yet only are interested in defending?! I cant get my head around it.

If La Liga had that sort of dosh to throw around them they would produce much better teams imo.

Im actually scared Brendan Rodgers might resort to this when were back in Europe next season  No 
Suarez99
Suarez99
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:02 pm

Lex wrote:
Suarez99 wrote:
sree999 wrote:Why you English clubs play like this ? . Watch barca athletic look at the style technic movement ball control . Look at the manure match utter boring .                                          bayern are experiencing how difficult its to win cl back to back .The mouthrinho di matteo inter chav medrid 9-0-1 guriella tactics cannot be answered by posession football .

you need to give some possesion to chav and moyes teams and try to hit them very fast on transitions .bayern was better set up for this with manzukic but pep didnt use him well.        All the anti bayern fans aka arse chav and  bus parkers would have enjoyed this draw .              

Although grammar is very poor in this post I totally agree.

Year after year in the CL English teams, on the big night, refuse to do anything other than sit back and "try an nick one" as they say.

Do they have zero confidence in their players as an attacking force?
What do you want Moyes and United to do? Bomb forward with the combined star power of Fellaini, Ashley Young and Valencia so Bayern can steal the ball off them and have Ribery or Robben running 1 on 1 against Buttner and Jones? Or do you not remember what happened to Barcelona last year when they tried playing all out attacking football vs Bayern?

I'm all for taking the piss out of United, but come on now...

this ^
Proud well done lexy

I cant understand the logic behind criticizing us for negative football here. After the kinda season we had and after repeatedly witnessing the manner moyes goes about his business in the PL, seriously what the f*** were people expecting from us yesterday. It was not even a no-brainer to know moyes would put 10 players behind right from the first whistle. come on. He even did it against sunderland in league cup when we were marginally ahead on aggregate,  Laughing so people and yea lol Pep who are complaining we parked the bus and tried to not lose can just GTFO  :coffee: 

Its buyern and pep's problem not to find a way to counter this defensive approach and kill us yesterday and not other way around. please!!

Last edited by Lumiere_Blanche on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:07 pm; edited 3 times in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:05 pm

Bayern are just lucky it was Welbeck and not Van Persie who was behind all those spurned chances, otherwise, it could have easily been a definitive win for United
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:12 pm

nothing wrong with sticking to a gameplan that is effective, in fact Utd did make us look pretty stupid at some points last night.

Still, it's a 1:1 at home, so we'll see if it was good enough.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:17 pm

S wrote:Fellaini is a good example of a typical overrated/overpriced premier league player.

Not his fault he's being deployed in a position he's not good at and had no success at during his time at Everton.

I agree he's overpriced and probably overrated, but he was doomed to failure from day one expecting him to be the one who starts attacks in midfield.

At Everton he was a very good player behind the striker, its not fair to judge him like this IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:17 pm

Lex, RvP wouldn't have the pace to do what Welbeck did, which was to start in his own half to chase long balls kicked into our half.
It is a good way to play against us, as our line is so high that, as happened against Hoffenheim, you can escape offside as by starting right at the middle line.
Against Hoffenheim it was old and slow van Buyten however who couldn' deal with Modeste.
Martinez isn't the fastest either, but Boateng is usually able to deal with situations like that, as is Neuer coming out.

Consequentially, Welbeck's only chance came from a Boateng mess up..
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:27 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Not his fault he's being deployed in a position he's not good at and had no success at during his time at Everton.

I agree he's overpriced and probably overrated, but he was doomed to failure from day one expecting him to be the one who starts attacks in midfield.

At Everton he was a very good player behind the striker, its not fair to judge him like this IMO.

He might've been good at Everton,but is he 30m good ? And secondly what success rate he would've had if he had been deployed in his 'favorable' position in say a possession based system ? I would've had my doubts because his technique is really poor for a supposed AM.

This is just another terribly overpriced deal like the Carroll one.Even he had a good spell at Newcastle before switching to a better team who employ a pass and move system unsurprisingly, he proved to be completely out of his depth there.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:32 pm

Good performance by United. Not taking anything away from it rhough, but I feel like Bayern have been playing in first gear since a couple of weeks besides the game that clinched the BL. They seem to be losing some of their hunger. I hope not because I would love to see them win the CL now with Juve out, plus it would be the first team to win it back to back, but I think if they really start trying to ram the ball down the oppositions throat (no pun intended) like they did earlier this season and all of last season then I think were gonna see that dominance again, and in the Allianz thats what im expecting for the return leg.

I mean if I could do a voice over of what is seemed like to me from the whole Bayern team it was something like "okay guys lets rip them apart *tries something, chance goes begging* okay that didnt work, lets relax and pass the ball around and we'll try again in a bit", whereas last season and earlier this season it was more like " okay guys like rip them apart *tries something, chance goes begging*, okay, now we're pissed *tries again immediately, chance goes begging*, EFF YOU (opposition name) *tries again, scores, then keeps doing that all game until the score is out of reach for the opposition. Thats the way I look at it.

Dante being out also hurt them though, as it showed all of Boatengs weaknesses. It showed that hes a great complimentary CB because of his physical gifts but falls asleep and makes costly errors way too often. Martinez is also simply too slow. Starting Kroos and Muller over Gotze and Mandzukic was also not the best idea in my opinion, especially since Muller was an absolute failure yesterday.

Overall, I say at the Allianz I think itll end up something like 2 or 3-0 with Bayern going through. If they can fully regain that hunger it could be even worse.

Last edited by juventus101 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:34 pm

He's not 30m good no.

But my point is not whether he's good or bad... more so that he's being used in a position which he never had success in even at Everton.

If you are going to buy Fellani you play him behind the striker, if not you have a very very average player.

He's not a CM or DM not even close, behind the striker he would probably give close to 20m player production.

Also i don't find his technique an issue even though its average as he plays for Moyes Laughing

It was a silly signing to begin with as Man Yoo already had Rooney and Kagawa but he's a good and effective player when used right.

At least Carroll was always used in his proper position and he failed due to firstly injuries and then lacking in confidence which he never recovered from.

Fellaini is a different story, he's not a bad player he's just bad when you use him in a position in which his skillset is not suited to.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:36 pm

Fellaini was never £30 mil good, we were desperate and stupid
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:40 pm

Doesn't matter now though, you have him and you might as well use him as you see fit.
He surely is not completely useless, even if he looks like that sometimes.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:43 pm

He's not useless but he's just a misfit for the big teams.I cant imagine any top club wanting him as the AM over other superior technical attacking midfielders that are readily available.

Or maybe he should just go to Chelsea.Mourinho sure would love to play him as AM or wherever Allegri goes Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:46 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Doesn't matter now though, you have him and you might as well use him as you see fit.
He surely is not completely useless, even if he looks like that sometimes.

No, he's not completely useless. He plays well against the smaller teams. He really shouldn't play against the big teams, but we had no other options. Cleverley is injured and Fletcher can't play twice in one week with his condition.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:50 pm

but it kind of worked yesterday, didn't it?

I mean he lost a lot of balls and couldn't keep possession at all, but it's not you were trying to have possession anyway; and then he also was a bit of a trouble maker by his presence when you struck long balls at him in front.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:55 pm

I don't know, Schweinsteiger's goal was his fault. I think I saw a stat where Fellaini only won one aerial ball the whole match. He's getting too much stick anyway, he put himself out there unlike Valencia who was almost non-existent during the match.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:01 pm

I loved the thing where Valencia just decided to take a break, sit down and fumble around his shin protection for 2 minutes, with the referee interrupting play. WTF?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:25 pm

How was Vidic?
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:37 pm

Marca refused to give him a rating rofl

Embarrassing..

@Vibe...He was brilliant. Scored the crucial goal and defended like a beast.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next