Adit
sportsczy
Mr Nick09
Kick
S
76 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Paris Saint-Germain 3 - 1 Chelsea - Page 12 Empty Re: Paris Saint-Germain 3 - 1 Chelsea

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:44 am

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Paris Saint-Germain 3 - 1 Chelsea - Page 12 Empty Re: Paris Saint-Germain 3 - 1 Chelsea

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:44 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Let's be real, what team doesnt sit down and counter vs barca? there is no other way to play them

Disagree.... pressing high and winning the ball high up the pitch is just as effective against them if not more so than sitting deep and countering.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:46 am

Agree with mole. Arsenal are the only team that beat barcelona at their peak attacking them.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:47 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Let's be real, what team doesnt sit down and counter vs barca? there is no other way to play them

Disagree.... pressing high and winning the ball high up the pitch is just as effective against them if not more so than sitting deep and countering.
You're not going to be able to do that unless you a) have a CF that is capable of pressuring (ibra is not) and b) you actually practice applying pressure like that. It's not one of those things you can execute well without practicing and playing it fairly regularly.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:48 am

BusterLfc wrote:
Silva was good?

He was flawless ffs

Didn't he give away the penalty for Chelsea's goal?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:50 am

sportsczy wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

You're not going to be able to do that unless you a) have a CF that is capable of pressuring (ibra is not) and b) you actually practice applying pressure like that.  It's not one of those things you can execute well without practicing and playing it fairly regularly.

Oh this is about PSG? fair enough then i should have guessed considering its in a PSG thread Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:51 am

danyjr wrote:If you love football don't feel happy for PSG. Chelsea are nowhere near being a respectful club when it comes to expenditure but look at the cost of PSG's bench ffs. They give Madrid a source of pride Laughing

I love football and I'm pretty happy for PSG. I would be in even more delight (for nefarious reasons) if Chelsea overturn the tie at the Bridge.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:51 am

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:51 am

Can you imagine asking Ibra to play pressure defense Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:51 am

it was pretty clear oscar dived and the ref fell for it
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:56 am

Ibra did a very decent amount of pressure for us,and on the penalty incident he pressed like crazy.Anyway PSG have pressure hogs all over the field so One player doesn't matter really.
Also
Mourinho"PSG are a better team than us"
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:58 am

You know as well as i do that the effectiveness of high pressure starts with the first player.... the CF.  When Messi doesn't pressure for Barca, it's not very effective.  At their best, Messi was an animal.

Ibra may have done it 5 years ago.  But he certainly isn't going to do it now Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:00 am

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:00 am

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho pinned the blame for his side's 3-1 defeat by Paris Saint-Germain on "ridiculous" defending and a lacklustre showing by Fernando Torres.

Mourinho picked fault in all three goals conceded at the Parc des Princes on Wednesday night in the Champions League quarter-finals first leg, which had been described by Gary Cahill as "sloppy".

Asked about the third goal scored by substitute Javier Pastore in injury time, Mourinho told Sky Sports: "I say it is ridiculous. He [Cahill] says it is sloppy, I say it is ridiculous.

"The first goal, the ball is in an easy position, we assist the striker and there is nobody for the second ball in the crucial position. In the second goal, I think it is one of my players [David Luiz] in his own goal and that is obviously unlucky but the way the team is positioned is not the correct one.
"And finally, the third one is even more, em, 'sloppy'. Gary used that? The word for me is ridiculous."

It was clear Mourinho was choosing his words carefully when asked about the tactical switch made at 1-1 in the second half, when Andre Schurrle was taken off and replaced by Torres, who was a surprise omission from the starting line-up.

"I changed at 1-1 because I thought that Fernando could give us more depth than Andre," said Mourinho. "The team was comfortable with Andre, the team had good control of possession, Andre was working back and the team was quite comfortable controlling that game. I thought that Fernando could give us [long pause] a bit more."

The digs did not end there. "They [PSG] are the kind of team, with the players they have, that out of nothing they can score goals," he added. "It is not an easy job [in the second leg]. We are not a team full of talent to score lots of goals, especially at this level but you never know."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:04 am

Ibra has a condition called clp aka champions league phobia. Admit her game another flop
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:05 am

I actually feel that a front line of Lucas-Lavezzi-Cavani is much better for the type of game that is going to be played at Chelsea.... that's raw speed and effort with some more raw speed and effort.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:06 am

RedOranje wrote:
BusterLfc wrote:
Silva was good?

He was flawless ffs

Didn't he give away the penalty for Chelsea's goal?

Which was not a penalty. Silva acquired a marginal touch of the ball and Oscar sought to tumble all his weight over Silva, simply cause he's Oscar.

@Ganso:I just don't trust PSG given that they don't have experience in a situation like this and will certainly be daunted by Stamford Bridge (the record there and not the atmosphere). I can already see an early goal being nicked on by a nervy Paris followed by another (in any space of time) making it 2-0 to which will send them through vs Paris. I don't even see Paris scoring at the Bridge given their defensive record there, lack of Ibra (Cavani is direly out of confidence) and Mourinho bound to formulate a plan catering to their attack. I wouldn't argue at all yet Chelsea is a team that scare me in this regard. Very unpredictable.

@Jibers. By no means Ibra  flopped tonight given his play in the midfield causing several key passes for his forefront attack. 10 goals in the CL and beyond, not counting his performances for PSG last year or Milan etc as this myth is beating a dead horse.

Last edited by Arquitescu on Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:09 am

Oh what a huge surprise. Another english team as good as out of the CL as soon as they have to play a decent team  Sleep 
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:11 am

zigra wrote:Oh what a huge surprise. Another english team as good as out of the CL as soon as they have to play  a decent team  Sleep 

As good as out?

Anything can happen in the 2nd leg.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:15 am

Although anything can happen... Chelsea are not a high scoring team and don't have a top striker. Also, PSG just don't concede many goals. I think they have the 3rd toughest defense in Europe behind Roma and Bayern in all comps. Finally, PSG always score a goal. So, Chelsea would need 3 most certainly to push it to overtime.

Highly, highly unlikely.

That said, an early goal by Chelsea and things could get interesting.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:18 am

Chelsea are as good as eliminated, they can start prepping their vacations
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:20 am

Did Oscar dive?
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:23 am

izzy wrote:
zigra wrote:Oh what a huge surprise. Another english team as good as out of the CL as soon as they have to play  a decent team  Sleep 

As good as out?

Anything can happen in the 2nd leg.
Yeah of course  Laughing 
PSG is the better team and they won 3:1 so what do you expect to happen? I didn't say it's impossible but it's certainly as good as over. They'll probably turn this around in 1/6-8 tries. This is not a game against a crappy Premiere League opponent where you can easily score 3 goals which they'll have to because PSG will score.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:23 am

Chelsea may not be a high scoring team and Paris indeed have a better defence. Yet Mourinho will surely see the weakness' PSG left in gaps on their wide positions and the can be susceptible erroneous gaps when pressured on the wide zones.

Like Milan vs Barca, Bayern vs most teams 2nd leg etc Blanc being the young manager he is along with Paris not ever facing this 2nd leg situation in the Champions League, you would be wise to see that there is a good chance they will play with less conviction than done in Paris and be confused as to defend their lead or attack without relent. Happens to 1st leg winners in their own homes all the time, nigh 2nd leg.

By the time Mourinho summons the Chelsea fans to raise their voice in a usually quiet Bridge whilst finding something to work against Paris and as the match commences, you will be looking at a very different scenario.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:27 am

The posts in this thread are very similar to what I read in the Napoli thread 2 years ago lol. Brb.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:29 am

Blue Barrett wrote:The posts in this thread are very similar to what I read in the Napoli thread 2 years ago lol. Brb.

No Drogba, no party.

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next