Anyone watched the Getafe 4-0 Barca in 2007?

3 posters

Go down

Anyone watched the Getafe 4-0 Barca in 2007? Empty Anyone watched the Getafe 4-0 Barca in 2007?

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:18 am

Was just looking at some Messi stuff and saw this which I didnt know before. So in the first leg of copa del rey in 2006-7 semis, he scored that Maradona like goal and they lead 5-2. Then they lose the second leg 4-0. They just seems pretty amazing looking back now. I didnt watch it then but for those that did, wtf happened? Not sign of match fixing right? Razz

I know the same year Barca lost the league at the end when they had a good lead too. This was the season after they won the CL. Such a terrible season, and even after that the season was bad even though they bought Henry and had so many stars, probably even more so than Pep's era.

I didnt watch them consistently then but for those that did, what went wrong in the second leg 4-0 loss?

Another I want to talk about is I also find it interesting that when u have too many big names and stars in a team, it often does not work out. Another big reason I think is hangover and loss of motivation after winning or after a period of success. Like the Barca of the 2007-8 season. Maybe they felt that their high was 2006 CL win and just didnt have the same hunger again. Similar thing happened with Real in the early 2000s, they won the CL but they had too many stars and couldnt win the league for a few years cos they didnt have enough hunger to perform consistently perhaps?

Pep left Barca after 4 years of success. Cant help but feel for example if the current Bayern Muich side didnt have Pep come in this season, would they be doing as well as they are now if Heynckes stayed on?

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Anyone watched the Getafe 4-0 Barca in 2007? Empty Re: Anyone watched the Getafe 4-0 Barca in 2007?

Post by McAgger Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:25 am

I think that was the season they also went to the UEFA Cup Quarter final and almost eliminated Bayern. I remember vividly Luca Toni scoring on the last minute of the second leg to go to extra time. Where once against he scored twice on the last minutes to tie the game at 3-3 and they won on away goals.

Good times.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Anyone watched the Getafe 4-0 Barca in 2007? Empty Re: Anyone watched the Getafe 4-0 Barca in 2007?

Post by Harmonica Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:30 am

What happened was, Messi didn't play the 2nd leg.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:19 pm

Is there any other details though? Even without Messi, they had a LOT of quality and doesnt explain the collapse.... it seem unimaginable for a team like Barca, in a semi. Getafe are not Bayern  Laughing 
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down