Zealous
Kwanga
Lex
The_Badger
S
36 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Barcelona 2 - 1 Manchester City - Page 6 Empty Re: Barcelona 2 - 1 Manchester City

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:23 pm

Pelle's assistant saying that Barca are too good to play two CF against Laughing

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Barcelona 2 - 1 Manchester City - Page 6 Empty Re: Barcelona 2 - 1 Manchester City

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:30 pm

City were poor but that to me was because Barca made them look that way.

In all the hullabaloo about Barca being the worst Barca in a decade they are still a threat to anyone when motivated.

I haven't seen a single game against a big team this season where i came away thinking that's a side that City should be beating.

I don't know what happens to them in La Liga but City losing to them when they are motivated is no disgrace.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:35 pm

Man City should have played like tonight in the first leg.

Either way I think tactically they got it wrong overall. Counter-attacking wise they weren't the best. All they did was retain possession and get nowhere at times. The pressing was inconsistent. They should have pressed similar to how Bayern did last season, not letting Barca into the middle third.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:37 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Pelle's assistant saying that Barca are too good to play two CF against Laughing

The assistant's name is Cousillas. :bow:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by celikmilan Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:42 pm

Playing 100% fit Aguero over Dzeko is a mistake but injured Aguero instead of him is a huge mistake. Dzeko is stronger and better in air from all of Barcelona defence. Best City player tonight. The soon he goes to another club the better.
celikmilan
celikmilan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:06 pm

dronte wrote:
zigra wrote:Horrible ref imo but I'd say all in all his wrong decisions were in favour of City.
You mean the red card or the clear penalty right before that (wow, seriously, how could he not see clipping those legs  rofl )?

Anyways, he had wrong calls on both sides and should never see a stadium again.

Obviously that was in favour of Barcelona but before that most of his decisions were in favour of Barcelona. It was one wrong but late call. Just as one example not giving a goal in the first half is more important than not giving a penalty in the last 10 minutes with one team in need of three goals. By the way the red card wasn't wrong itself. The not given penalty was the wrong decision.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:17 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Pelle's assistant saying that Barca are too good to play two CF against Laughing

I don't want to repeat all my posts from the last tie but he's correct. In any case I can understand playing Aguero since you can't bench your best player, but I felt that tactically Negredo was the better option, especially if Sergio was not fit.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:22 pm

"For me, it was a clear penalty,” Kompany told Sky Sports afterwards. “He was in a position to shoot and was caught.

"Over the course of the two games, when there were 11 players on the pitch, there wasn't much between the teams,” Kompany added

Laughing
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:41 pm

We're coming closer to seeing Messi eat a Kebab during a football game. :bow:

Barcelona 2 - 1 Manchester City - Page 6 Tumblr_n2cf3ojhzT1sd8hkco1_250

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Fußball wrote:

The assistant's name is Cousillas. :bow:

I don't want to repeat all my posts from the last tie but he's correct. In any case I can understand playing Aguero since you can't bench your best player, but I felt that tactically Negredo was the better option, especially if Sergio was not fit.

Huh? hmm The assistant's name is really Cousillas. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:14 am

I was talking about Nick's comments you clown Mad
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:01 am

WOO HOOO!!! Barca fully in control. Man C bad luck they tried, especially early second half it was tense. Entertaining game and the ref and offside decisions not ridiculous but certainly added to the entertainment value.

Messi bossed the game, Alves goal celebration  :bow:Laughing  

Lecott was crap, hes just a little bit better than Demicheshit, just too slow to play vs Messi, poor guy  Laughing 

Man C need to buy a new CB just like Barca in the summer Razz

QF here we come!
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:05 am

Another got a gif of Messi owning Aguero? That was awesome, took the ball off him just like that Very Happy Aguero disappointing but the first half they couldnt get the ball...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:52 am

City's pressing was so disorientating bloody hell. Its like one guy decided to press a barca player and 30 second later another guy decides to jog up and join in by that time Barca have already switched play from one wing to another

Never seen a big team press this badly. Nobody was on Messi, the guy had all the time in the world to pick his passes. I don't if it was because Pelle does not rate him anymore or what it was but the guy was getting freedom I have never seen laliga teams give him. Reminds me of schalke against us

There is so much wrong with this City team. Their LB and CB are crap, Yaya and Fernandinho together is not gonna work because both are slow and none is a true DM, they are playing two strikers when they are so slow in midfield and don't have a very good RW

If they tweak some stuff for next season they will have a better chance of progressing. I suspect they will go all out for Pepe again but he will be 32 next season so he isn't going to solve anything for them in the long run. I have no idea why they aren't after Cacktrao he could solve that lb conundrum and add a little bit of defensive prescence
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:07 pm

Man City's Sergio Aguero completed one pass against Barcelona last night:

Barcelona 2 - 1 Manchester City - Page 6 Bij8sPCCQAAaQW6

Kick-off.

LaughingLaughingLaughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:56 pm

Did say Aguero would make no difference lol.

What is a striker supposed to do without the ball lmao.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:00 pm

I don't blame Aguero but that's fkn hilarious Laughing
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:25 pm

Disappointing. You need a top manager to lead a new (but strong) team into Europe. Shitty doesn't have that.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwanga Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:19 pm

Fußball wrote:We're coming closer to seeing Messi eat a Kebab during a football game. :bow:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/98fa254ff13904e9ab4bd0aa6d3c0b62/tumblr_n2cf3ojhzT1sd8hkco1_250.gif

:bow: 
Kwanga
Kwanga
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:31 pm

Fußball wrote:Man City's Sergio Aguero completed one pass against Barcelona last night:

Barcelona 2 - 1 Manchester City - Page 6 Bij8sPCCQAAaQW6

Kick-off.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Now that is just bad Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6