windkick
free_cat
bazinga
futbol
Winter is Coming
35 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Marc-André ter Stegen: The Young German - Page 3 Empty Re: Marc-André ter Stegen: The Young German

Post by The Franchise Mon May 19, 2014 9:38 pm

I dont know which goalie we going to sign who is happy to just sit there and watch. Guys like Navas would be ill advised for such a move.

As for the first division thing, if there is a position I worry about the least its goalie. If the shot goes in the top corner, its going there, regardless of what league you play in.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Marc-André ter Stegen: The Young German - Page 3 Empty Re: Marc-André ter Stegen: The Young German

Post by windkick Mon May 19, 2014 10:14 pm

True, but theres also the pressure/big game factor. I would love to use him vs the lower league teams/cup games to see how he fares

it being reported Pinto wont be renewed and Masip is getting promoted, which means unless we sign another keeper, Masip or Oier will be the back ups
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon May 19, 2014 10:23 pm

Well that is the role of the second goalie right? Odd cup games?

I think it makes sense. Masip has done so well, 3rd choice would be a huge disappointment.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon May 19, 2014 10:23 pm

Masip is already 25. I didn't realize that. Shocked 

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon May 19, 2014 10:30 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Best GK in his group of age IMO, better than Courtois. Great, great buy.

No chance. He has a big blunder in him every game I watch him. Courtois is better than him.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon May 19, 2014 10:32 pm

Fußball wrote:Masip is already 25. I didn't realize that. Shocked 

Yep, untill 2012 he barely played even at Barca B. Was on loan at some point. Think his height held him back.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 19, 2014 10:34 pm

jibers wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:Best GK in his group of age IMO, better than Courtois. Great, great buy.

No chance. He has a big blunder in him every game I watch him. Courtois is better than him.

I think Courtois' game has more holes in it while MATS is the prototype of the complete GK tbh. Still both are overrated at this point, especially Courtois. MATS isn't better than Valdes yet and Courtois is not a top 5 GK yet
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon May 19, 2014 10:56 pm

it being reported Pinto wont be renewed and Masip is getting promoted, which means unless we sign another keeper, Masip or Oier will be the back ups
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon May 19, 2014 11:19 pm

Luis Enrique wants a backup goalkeeper with more experience. Keylor Navas (Levante) and Willy Caballero (Malaga) are options [esport3]

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon May 19, 2014 11:56 pm

Fußball wrote:Luis Enrique wants a backup goalkeeper with more experience. Keylor Navas (Levante) and Willy Caballero (Malaga) are options [esport3]

Those guys better not leave to eat the bench. Think about your career ffs!
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue May 20, 2014 12:58 am

Fußball wrote:Backing up a 22 year old with someone who hasn't played first division football in his entire life would make me feel a bit uncomfortable. Having said that, you don't usually have world class goalkeepers sitting on the bench anyway.
Mind you, MAtS was thrown into ice-cold water at age 18 when he was promoted from 3rd division, played his first BL match and saved M'gladbach from relegation virtually on his own. So at 22 he already went through quite some steelbath. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 20, 2014 3:21 am

jibers wrote:
Fußball wrote:Luis Enrique wants a backup goalkeeper with more experience. Keylor Navas (Levante) and Willy Caballero (Malaga) are options [esport3]

Those guys better not leave to eat the bench. Think about your career ffs!
Willy is 32, if he's willing to accept a bench role I wouldnt call Barca a set back for his career.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue May 20, 2014 4:43 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Willy is 32, if he's willing to accept a bench role I wouldnt call Barca a set back for his career.

Besides while the younger goalkeeper is taking time to settle in it's possible the older will play more as happened at ManUtd when David De Gea was taking his time to adjust. Similarly at Tottenham with Hugo Lloris.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 20, 2014 10:02 am

Goalies wont get better by being threatened to sit on the bench while the adjust in my opinion.

I'd argue De Gea simply had to adapt the high balls/less protection in the PL and having Lindergaard taking his place at times, only slowed down the inevitable process of him adjusting.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue May 20, 2014 11:18 am

Well, I'm fairly sure that MAtS won't need much time to adjust. You are lucky in a way that he won't go to the World Cup in Brazil, so he will be able to participate in the full preparation for the coming season.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue May 20, 2014 12:45 pm

How important is to have 3 keeprs?? why dont we just have Masip as our 2nd keeper??

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 20, 2014 12:54 pm

You do need 3, but the third can be Oier...just like he is now.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue May 20, 2014 1:26 pm

neuro11 wrote:How important is to have 3 keeprs?? why dont we just have Masip as our 2nd keeper??
Well, look at BAyern - they had to play some matches with Lukas Raeder (their third keeper) when Tom Starke (Nr.2) got injured in training and Manu Neuer also got injured during a match. So better have at least 3 keepers around. ^^ (RWO actually had to use the 4th keeper (of the U23) once when our numbers 1-3 were all injured -_-')
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue May 20, 2014 4:04 pm

Only Aston Villa's Brad Guzan (98) made more cross claims than Marc-Andre ter Stegen (88) in top 5 leagues this season [via @whoscored]

:bow:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue May 20, 2014 9:06 pm

So this guy isn't even the third choice 'keeper for Germany and you guys are all excited?  Rolling Eyes 
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue May 20, 2014 9:22 pm

Well, Germany has a lot of really good goalkeepers, and Jogi Löw opted to leave the two main U21 NT goalies at home as the future belongs to them anyway. (He also left out some other goalies, who would likely be first choice in other NTs, such as Ralf Fährmann who played a stellar Rückrunde or Oliver Baumann or Kevin Trapp who are no slouches either. Oh, and René Adler would have been an option as well, if he hadn't injured his back badly.)

You should probably be thankful for that as it means that MAtS will be available for the full pre-season.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 20, 2014 9:42 pm

danyjr wrote:So this guy isn't even the third choice 'keeper for Germany and you guys are all excited?  Rolling Eyes 

In other words, he is not as good as Neuer so clearly he is no good.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 20, 2014 9:49 pm

And btw, would you say the same nonesense if we signed De Gea?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue May 20, 2014 10:12 pm

De Gea made the Spanish team, but I completely agree with Franchise and RWO as usual.

Hey RWO, I had a question for you regarding a Masip and his height in the transfer thread here in the Barca section
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 20, 2014 10:25 pm

Only because Valdes is injured, but I dont have to tell you this, we all know the overall point.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue May 20, 2014 10:59 pm

Löw's nominations don't mean much. Guy is clueless.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next